Street Fighter 4

Guest CK92842

Guest CK92842

Coming to the X360 & PS3
Imagine to my surprise there was no topic made for this game. :blink:

Anyway, I came across a few scans on ruliweb this morning and thought I'd share but for the uninitiated here is a trailer of SFIV.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26535.html?type=flv

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29585.html?type=flv

There is some gameplay shown in the 2nd teaser but I think these images speak for themselves, it's shaping up quite nicely.

843311na0.jpg

843312ds9.jpg

843313wg3.jpg

843314xm9.jpg

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Since i'm now living in Japan, I decided to stop by AOU 2008 to check it out.

I was there when it opened so I only had to wait 30 min in line to play it.. but when I left, it became 2 hours.

My friend and I fought together for 5 rounds. first round we let time run out to see how much of their basic moves changed since 3rd strike.

most of it is the same.

Throws are still LP and LK

Taunts are still HP and HK

however the jumping overhead, MP and MK is gone. Instead it now does some new thing called "save attack?"

couldn't figure out what it does exactly. I used Ryu and his animation showed him doing a slow, but strong looking squatting punch.

the EX moves are still there.. i.e hadouken with two punches, throws out a red fiery hadouken when using Ryu.

Parry is gone, and i tried using that save attack on a hadouken..doesn't block it. (i figured it wouldn't but just wanted to try).

for some reason his hurricane kick was hard to pull off in the air but okay on the ground.

game suffers "3d fighter jump" syndrome. where it feels a bit sluggish and awkward.

only one super and it takes ages to build it up

character models were not too impressive. felt stiff.. especially when you see the character designs on Tekken 6... even Samurai Spirits Sen!

however the animation was fluid and the backgrounds are quite interactive

Guest chinguz

^sweet you got to play it. i've heard mixed reviews but i hope the final product is more like the original than ex.

it will have stiff competition from tekken. i actually look forward to playing tekken more.

Guest res0nate

I don't get how people bring up 3d fighters, they're different. The only 3dF real people care about is VF anyway.

SF4 is only half done, they've yet to finalize the roster and smooth out the animations for a few of the guys that were selectable.

I don't get how people bring up 3d fighters, they're different. The only 3dF real people care about is VF anyway.

SF4 is only half done, they've yet to finalize the roster and smooth out the animations for a few of the guys that were selectable.

I really do hope they fix some of the games physics in the final version.

Guest Evil_Monkey666

Great job comparing a fighting game based on graphics :unsure: . It all comes down to gameplay.

And also 10 new character has been annouced Abel newcomer.

http://blog.capcom.com/

Abel vs. C.Viper

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/176716.html

Zangief vs. Guile

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/176736.html

Guest IMAJynXed1

im not too sure about this game...it seems more or less a SFII remake, like SFII before the New Challengers came...and the 2 new characters shown so far are pretty boring...CViper looks like she jumped out of KoF series, same with Abel, who looks to me like a retarded juiced up Geese Howard/Hugo from Final Fight.

im looking forward more to the HD Remix instead...becuz atleast their being upfront about the fact that it is a remake.

Capcom released several SF4 machines at their plaza in Kichijoji today (until tomorrow I believe), so I went down there to try it a few more times.

ca380614cz8.th.jpg

(this one an AOU photo i forgot to upload but was in my camera anyways so might as well post it..)

ca380615il6.th.jpg

the line. it may look long, but it was the same 10-15 people who kept wanting to retry. quite a bit of non-Japanese waiting in line too.

ca380616fs0.th.jpg

I took a bunch of pics, but capcom staff made me delete all of them so I had to resort to using my cell phone to take this pic

ca380617gy2.th.jpg

They also had Tekken 6 there so I took a pic of that too. Final boss, a giant dragon thing.

In any case some other observations on SF4.

New stages: since the time I played at AOU 2008, they added 3 more stages. 1. "South America" - thats what the stage name is. looks kind of like Blanka's stage in SFA3 but 3-d. you can see some kind of creature that looks its related to Blanka in the background. 2. "North America" - takes place at night, in front of a diner where several hummers, low riders, and lots of spectators in the background. 3. "South Asia" - actually looks more like Vietnam, takes place on a boat with small pointy mountains on the ocean like you'd see in Ha Long bay.

control: the hardest part for me was getting out of 3rd strike mode and treating SF4 as a different game. many moments I felt tempted to parry but its not there. pressing MK and PK will give you a parry like counter. pressing it quickly will parry an attack.. holding it longer will parry and do an automatic counter attack in retaliation. However you have a limited amount of uses for these.

Supers do not carry over to the next round, you start clean.

Throws are harder to connect, you really have to be up close now compared to 3rd strike. And yes, when two people try to throw each other at the same time, you get that clash animation and sound like in 3rd strike.

Ryu kept many of his moves from 3rd strike, but Chun-Li was very different. her fireball is now charge, as is her super.

Zangief's spinning piledriver does about 25% damage. In general, the damage level the game is set to is quite high (but of course this can be changed).

did not have much chance to fight the computer as there was a constant line, but the computer controlled characters barely did anything.

Crimson and Abel are quite fun to play.

my video of Sagat game play (stage 5 boss)

my video of M.Bison game play (stage 4 boss)

video of Guile playing (regular character).

South Asia Stage:

ca380623yz4.th.jpg

South America Stage:

ca380631bn3.th.jpg

North America Stage:

ca380628sb1.th.jpg

Move list on the panel,

cimg1328op6.th.jpg

one more

ca380632px8.th.jpg

In any case my friend and I have followed SF4 from AOU 2008, to its appearance in Capcom Plaza at Kichojoji, and today at Taito's arcade in Akihabara.

4 machines for people fighting other people, and 2 machines for just fighting the computer. we played 3-4 rounds against people and a round against the computer. I was able to complete the game from beginning to end.

levels: at the moment there are 5 levels. first 3 are against random characters that are selectable. last two are against M.Bison (Balrog in the US) and then Sagat respectively. And they are not selectable characters at the moment. After beating Sagat, you get a "thanks for playing" message, the end.

stages: same as before and they are all randomly selected.. none are assigned to any characters yet. no new stages today but one stage was gone for some reason. i will go over it again.

here are the name of the stages according to the game:

North America: Drive in Diner - bunch of low riders.. on the pre-game map, its location is definitely America.. but no, we don't know if this stage belongs to Ken, C.Viper, or Guile yet.. or some unknown character

East Asia: Old Temple - set in Japan based on the map, could be Ryu's stage?

East Asia: Downtown Market - Set in China, the first stage everyone has seen. i guess everyone will assume its Chun Li's stage

South Asia: Beautiful Bay - based on the map, its definitely in Vietnam and it really does look like Ha Long Bay. could be Dhalsim's stage, maybe Sagat's stage? but the type of boat used, the rocks, and an old man in a coned hat would imply that its definitely not Thailand or India. it could be the stage of an unknown character, or maybe Abel's stage (indochina connection?), or it could simply be that they will use random stages for characters.

South America: Inland Jungle - set in what looks like N.Brazil on the map. probably Blanka's stage.

Africa: Military Base - military base in a desert. for some reason, this stage was missing today.

Save Attack - perhaps I didn't notice this before, but today, when you do a save attack, black smoke comes out from the players body kind of like the first SF4 trailer.

M.Bison - since he is only computer controlled, I can only talk about what happened during my fight with his character. he seemed to have only 3 special moves.. his turn around punch (which doesn't seem to charge like in the old game), his dashing punch, and an anti-air one. I used E.Honda and his hundred hand slap could stop all of Bison's special moves.

Sagat - he has his two tiger fireballs, tiger uppercut and tiger knee. the AI is prone to using alot of tiger fireballs. when I watched other people play, none of us had a hard time on Sagat. M.Bison was a little trickier.

Zangief - it is quite evident that he is a really popular character and one that is very very difficult to fight against. on the vs machines, zangief players were destroying people left and right and were usually kicked off the machines after fighting another Zangief player. His super does more than 50% damage.

Block damage also does alot in this game. I think overall, the damage level is too high.

Guest CK92842

Ah, so that's your video circulating the net. I can say that I would've never expected Zangief to be taken seriously. :lol:

As for the SF4 roster, please tell me those 10 aren't final. :huh:

Guest Tonyc402

Ah, so that's your video circulating the net. I can say that I would've never expected Zangief to be taken seriously. :lol:

Now from what Ive heard , on the Gametrailers.com's interview with the SF creator , they said they are still thinking of which old characters to bring back or new characters , so probably will be more then 10 characters.

me and my friend's video, as one of us had to hold the camera while the other played (and why the account says two) :P

Zangief, C.Viper and Abel are quite popular and very powerful.

and its likely that they won't be final as the roster is too small, especially for a fighting game of this day and age.

that and the fact that there's only 5 stages in 1P mode and no ending means its still incomplete.

I'm really hoping they bring in some SFIII characters or Final Fight chars.

Archived