Ju Jihun 주지훈 - [Upcoming Drama 2024] Dominant Species [Movie 2023] Project Silence [Movie 2023] Ransomed

Admin

[Upcoming Drama] A Character Guide to the Mystery Drama ‘Jirisan’

Jirisan_1.jpg

The most anticipated work in the second half of 2021, tvN’s Jirisan is set to premiere on the 23rd. Written by Signal and Kingdom writer Kim Eun HeeJirisan follows the rangers at the national park to find the truth behind mysterious accidents in the mountain. Kim said, “I wanted to write something different from murder mysteries or what I’ve written before. I wished to tell a story about Jirisan rangers who save lives in the mountain, where it’s filled with nature and beautiful scenery,” hinting at a different tone of the upcoming work.

So, without further ado, let’s take a sneak peek at Jun Ji Hyun, Ju Ji Hoon, Sung Dong Il, and Oh Jung Se’s characters to get a grip on the coming up story.

Ju Ji Hoon (Kang Hyun Jo)

iQiyi korean drama Jirisan Credit: tvN

Kang Hyun Jo is a former captain in the army who now works as a rookie ranger in the national park. Ever since he lost his man in an accident during the Jirisan Mountain Park march, he started seeing things he couldn’t explain: he began seeing visions of people who faced death in the mountain that soon turned real. Thinking that it’s a gift from the mountain, he starts saving lives by becoming a ranger.

Hyun Jo always stays by Yi Kang’s side despite her endless nagging. However, one day, he discovers a terrifying truth lurking beneath the woods of Mt. Jirisan that someone is trying to hide their crimes, disguising them as accidents. Now, he’s got to track down the murderer and catch him before more people lose their lives.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source [Upcoming Drama] A Character Guide to the Mystery Drama 'Jirisan' - ZAPZEE

*** Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon began a rescue mission in the first episode of “Jirisan”. A tense atmosphere surrounded the rangers as an accident seems to have occurred in the mountains. Below are set of stills capturing the 1st EP earlier. “Jirisan” just premiered tonight October 23 at 9 p.m. KST. :selfie2:

jirisan2.jpeg

Premiere Watch: Jirisan, Would You Like a Cup of Coffee?

They might have given us a week off of new premieres, but this weekend sees two new shows — one a huge and long-awaited title, and the other a small niche show that sounds warm and comforting. With mountain rescues, fires, and dire straits in our future, we might just come to rely on a cute boy and a healing coffee shop to keep us centered.

Jirisan

Time slot: Saturday & Sunday
Broadcaster: tvN
Genre: Mystery, thriller, crime, fantasy
Episode count: 16

Reasons to watch: It feels like we’ve been waiting for Jirisan since, well, forever. Ever since the initial announcements, Jirisan has been full of Kingdom-y meta. It’s not only written by screenwriter Kim Eun-hee (responsible for all the Kingdom scripts) but also stars Kingdom lead Joo Ji-hoon, and Kingdom side-world lead Jun Ji-hyun as the main characters. There won’t be zombies (I think…), but from the surprisingly action-packed trailers we’ve seen, there will still be life-threatening situations all around. So either way you shake it, these two will be running for their lives — and looking good doing it. I’m a big fan of both leads (not to mention our supporting cast of greats like Sung Dong-il and Oh Jung-se), so even if the story might not feel like a go-to genre, I’m here for it.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

*** "Jirisan" premiered to a super impressive 9.1 percent. And this made the drama the second-highest rated premiere in tvN history, just behind Hospital Playlist 2. I guess this doesn’t really come as a surprise, considering it stars Jeon Ji-hyun and Joo Ji-hoon. Still, what a way to start! :heart2:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Oct. 18-24, 2021

dramaratings_3.jpg

LINK here : https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/10/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-oct-18-24-2021/

Saturday, Oct. 23      
Young Lady and Gentleman 9 KBS 26.8%
The Veil 12 MBC 8.8%
One the Woman 12 SBS 12.5%
Human Disqualification 15 JTBC 1.2%
Yumi’s Cells 12 tvN 2.3%
Jirisan 1 tvN 9.1%
Sunday, Oct. 24      
Young Lady and Gentleman 10 KBS  
Human Disqualification 16 JTBC  
Jirisan 2 tvN  

*** Congratulations to the cast & crew of “Jirisan” for setting a new record and as for the reviews as what I’ve seen online it’s mixed but leaning towards positive and interested from K-netizens. Can’t wait for next EPs. There’s already a twist in EP1. Pleasantly surprised by all the twists. There’s a negative review for the CGI only, not the drama as a whole. It won’t rate 9.1% if the drama is bad. I hope it will rise more constantly.  :heart3:

*** Wahh.....daebak. I'm all in!!! Jirisan” is on the rise! After premiering to the highest viewership ratings of any weekend drama in tvN history the night before, Jun Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon‘s new series broke into the double digits for its second episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the October 24 broadcast of “Jirisan” scored an average nationwide rating of 10.7 percent. :Megalol:   No worries......................The CGI WILL get better, so I just want people to understand and wait.  The drama is interesting. I love "Jirisan" and Ju Ji Hun. For viewers abroad, you can watch it on

iQiyi.    :rubchin:

202110250803360010_1_20211025080404033.j

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000503396

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** “Jirisan” stills from last night's episode at 9 p.m. KST.      :popcornjackson:

Joo-Ji-Hoon1.jpeg

Joo-Ji-Hoon-11.jpeg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003792905

K-drama review: 'Jirisan' pilot teases mountain's mysteries

kdrama.jpg

The pilot episode of any series can make or break it. The first episode should grab the attention of viewers right away with a concise setting-up of the plot and introduction of the characters. It should already show us the personalities and abilities of the characters and have a good idea about the mood and story of the series. If the maiden episode was too slow or too convoluted, it can be a turn-off. I had given up on a few series, even those with a great reputation, because of an uncompeling first episode. 

"Jirisan" is an original IQiYi production which premiered on the streaming service on October 23, with two episodes every week released on Saturdays and Sundays. A sneak peek of the first episode was granted to members of the press to promote the upcoming series. This is the current project by director Lee Eung-bok, who had earlier done famous series such as "Descendants of the Sun" (2016), "Goblin" (2016) and "Mr. Sunshine" (2018) and writer Kim Eun-hee, who created "Kingdom" (2019-present). 

The title Jirisan is Mount Jiri, the tallest mountain in mainland South Korea (the tallest one Hallasan is on Jeju Island).

The series aims to immerse viewers in the natural beauty of the mountain to serve as a soul-healing experience. The first few scenes were montages introducing the mountain, its scenic spots and various activities, and also about the gallant park rangers on patrol duty, who also serve as the rescue team when there are reports of hikers who meet accidents or lose their way on the treacherous slopes. 

It was the first day at work of Kang Hyun-jo (Ju Ji-hoon) as a ranger at the Jirisan National Park. Because of an emergency call to rescue a lost boy during a raging storm, he was immediately thrust into work even without time to change into proper climbing outfit. He met his superior Seo Yi-kang (Jun Ji-hyun), with whom he shared the same fearless passion to serve and rescue even if it meant going against rules. Their close partnership and connection with each other would even go beyond physical realms. 

Jun Ji-hyun broke through early in her career, scoring lead roles right away in films like "Il Mare" (2000) and the iconic "My Sassy Girl" (2001). More recently, she was the lead actress in two acclaimed series "My Love from the Star" (2013) and "Legend of the Blue Sea" (2016). Ju Ji-hoon achieved fame in the series "Princess Hours" (2006), and in films like the two "Along With the Gods" films (2017, 2018). Most recently, they were both in the cast of "Kingdom," Ju as the

Crown Prince Lee Chang and Jun as Ashin of the North. 

The supporting cast consisted of three easily-recognizable character actors. Dong Il-sun, famous for playing one of the dads on "Reply 1988" (2015) played by he head ranger Jo Dae-jin. The other members of the rangers team were played by the multi-awarded actor Oh Jung-se (as Jung Goo-young) for his roles in "When the Camellias Bloom" (2019) and "It's Okay Not to Be Okay" (2020); and Jo Han-cheol (as Park Il-Hae), who just finished his latest role as a former one-hit wonder pop singer in "Hometown Cha Cha Cha" (2021).

The potential of the series for action was already pushed early on, with all the precarious rock climbing stunts done at night and in inclement weather. The potential for potent drama was already shown by their encounters with an emotional grandmother. 

As the story jumped two years later by the end of the episode, and we see the present situation of the characters, a much-different, more mysterious plot dimension was laid out for us viewers. This surely struck my curiosity on how the story will proceed from there, and I will definitely watch on. 

This review was originally published in the author's blog, "Fred Said."

credit : ABS-CBN News

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The 10 Most Popular K-Dramas On Twitter And Where You Can Watch Them

Did your faves make the list?

You know that something's a huge deal when it's trending on Twitter, and that also applies to K-dramas. With the rising global popularity of Hallyu contentmost recently seen in the worldwide virality of Squid GameK-dramas are now becoming a hot topic to talk about on social media, making them a regular on the trending list.

In case you're curious about which K-dramas are the most talked about online, Twitter released the list of the most mentioned K-drama titles in the world on its platform from July 2018 up until June 2021and it's no surprise that the list includes several fan-favorite series.

Check out the top 10 most mentioned K-dramas on Twitter:

Kingdom

Starring: Ju Ji Hoon, Bae Doona, Jun Ji Hyun

Watch it on: Netflix

credit : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/most-mentioned-k-dramas-on-twitter-sa4782-20211024-src-candy?ref=home_feed_2

*** Fans took to Twitter to share those sentiments regarding "Jirisan" and the two leads. One said, “Watching #JirisanEp1 felt like a movie! It was totally insane from the cast line-up, cinematography, twists and the eerie mystery vibes. I am looking forward for more episodes, this is your sign to add and watch #Jirisan on your list”. Another said, “JUN JIHYUN DIDN'T AGEㅠㅠㅠ SHE LOOKS THE SAME AS 2001”  While some were happy to see ‘Kingdom’ reunion in the episode, others were dwelling in the chemistry that Jun Ji Hyun and Ju Ji Hoon share in the series.  :blush:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[Photos] New Stills Added for the Korean Drama "Jirisan"

photo1385103.jpg

photo1385025.jpg

Spoiler

photo1385023.jpg

source : Hancinema

*** "Jirisan" managed to surpass 10 percent ratings in just two episodes, with Jeon Ji Hyun and Joo Ji Hoon leading the charge with an excellent supporting cast. This is the fastest to break the 10% for any cable drama in the 2nd EP. I’ve watched both episodes and I don’t mind the excitement. I enjoyed the

story and the scenery is gorgeous. I calculate the ratings can only go higher.    :popcornjackson:   So, it appears that the reviews about the CGI being poor in EP1 didn't lose any viewers for the next EP. The reviews were better for EP2. They say, it's much better than EP1, and better presented. So, there you have it, the pairing of JJHx2 is a success.

Again, congratulations.    :rubchin:

2021102508193638327_1-185120136561142326

photo source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2021/10/25/jirisans-2nd-episode-records-12-2-per-cent/

*** "Jirisan" should be on your watch-list. It's worth your time. The two leads starred in "Kingdom", though they didn't share any scenes together. "Jirisan" looks a bit like a travelogue documentary at times. I can say scenes of the beautiful and majestic Mount Jiri are very appealing. The plot's interesting so far. So, catch the next episode for this drama. Catch ""Jirisan" on Saturdays and Sundays at 8pm on the iQiyi app or iQ.com, and on every Sunday and Monday at 9.15pm on tvN (Singtel TV CH 518, StarHub TV CH 824). :twerk2:

20211026_jiri1.jpg?itok=mnF5OQti

20211026_jiri3.jpg

7 Suspense Thriller K Dramas you definitely should not miss featuring Taxi Driver, Kingdom and more

K Dramas are known to be funny, romantic and dramatic but over the years, companies like OCN, JTBC and more have created some gripping dramas with intoxicating story lines and shocking twists so let’s take a look at some of the suspense thriller K Dramas you cannot afford to miss if you enjoy complex story lines and creative character developments:- 

1. Kingdom 

No sooner does the Joseon King succumb to smallpox, do the rumors of his death begin. The Cho Clan, the clan of the pregnant Queen and her father, Chief State Councillor Cho Hak Joo, declares the Crown Prince a traitor. Questioning the circumstances surrounding the King’s death, the Crown Prince and his guard, Moo Young, set forth to locate Lee Seung Hui, the last physician to treat his father. But the two end up stuck with Assistant Physician Seo Bi and a mysterious man named Young Shin in a village plagued with a terrifying disease. 

The drama has two seasons and a spin off film that will make you want a season 3 soon! 

Where to watch: Netflix

mv5bntblzme4yzitnty5mi00nmixltlhztatowix

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/7-suspense-thriller-k-dramas-you-definitely-should-not-miss-featuring-taxi-driver-kingdom-and-more-926501

*** "Jirisan" continued to have strong numbers, though it did drop to 7.9 percent. :weary:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Oct. 25-31, 2021

dramaratings_3.jpg

LINK here : https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/10/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-oct-25-31-2021/

Saturday, Oct. 30      
Young Lady and Gentleman 11 KBS 26.9%
One the Woman 14 SBS 16.9%
Inspector Koo 1 JTBC 2.6%
Chimera 1 OCN 0.8%
Yumi’s Cells 14 tvN 2.5%
Jirisan 3 tvN 7.9%
Sunday, Oct. 31      
Young Lady and Gentleman 12 KBS  
Inspector Koo 2 JTBC  
Chimera 2 OCN  
Jirisan 4 tvN  

*** “Jirisan” is back on the rise! Last week, the drama premiered to the highest viewership ratings of any weekend drama in tvN history, then broke into the double digits for its second episode. However, after its promising start, “Jirisan” saw a dip in viewership for its third episode, which fell to an average nationwide rating of 7.9 percent. Just last night, October 31, “Jirisan” successfully turned things around with its fourth episode, which scored an average nationwide rating of 9.4 percent and took first place in its time slot across all cable channels. The drama also took first place in its time slot across all channels—including public broadcast networks. :Megalol:

0000827591_001_20211101082601773.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=410&aid=0000827591

*** The complainst in the 1st three EPs appear to be addressed. Everything has gotten better, the directing is much improved and the script is really good now. Ahhh........the quality in this EP should have been there from the beginning. Let's see where things go next week. Let's see how much the ratings we can see in the future. Well, I can't wait for

upcoming EPs of "Jirisan" because I want to see Ju Ji Hun.    :popcornjackson:

• gm4queen changed the title to Ju Jihun 주지훈 - [Current Drama 2021] Mount Jiri/Cliffhanger, 지리산 - Saturday & Sunday @21:00 KST

*** “Jirisan” has defended its title as the most buzzworthy drama of the week! For the second consecutive week, “Jirisan” topped Good Data Corporation’s weekly list of the dramas that generated the most buzz. The company determines each week’s rankings by collecting data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media about dramas that are either currently airing or set to air soon. Congratulations Jirisan! I love the drama. :Megathanks:

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz in the fourth week of October are as follows:

1. tvN’s “Jirisan”
  2. SBS’s “Lovers of the Red Sky”
  3. KBS 2TV’s “The King’s Affection”
  4. SBS’s “One the Woman”
  5. tvN’s “Yumi’s Cells”
  6. KBS 2TV’s “Young Lady and Gentleman
  7. JTBC’s “Reflection of You”
  8. JTBC’s “Inspector Koo”
  9. tvN’s “High Class”
  10. KBS 2TV’s “Dali and Cocky Prince

Most-Buzzworthy-Dramas.jpeg

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Ahn Hyo Seop (“Lovers of the Red Sky”)
  2. Honey Lee (“One the Woman”)
  3. Kim Yoo Jung (“Lovers of the Red Sky”)
  4. Park Eun Bin (“The King’s Affection”)
  5. Jun Ji Hyun (“Jirisan”)
  6. Rowoon (“The King’s Affection”)
  7. Ahn Bo Hyun (“Yumi’s Cells”)
  8. Lee Young Ae (“Inspector Koo”)
  9. Kim Go Eun (“Yumi’s Cells”)
  10. Joo Ji Hoon (“Jirisan”)

Most-Buzzworthy-Drama-Cast-Members.jpeg

credit : soompi news

Jirisan Ep 3 & 4: Here’s the 5 things we learned from Jun Ji Hyun & Joo Ji Hoon’s escapades

SPOILER ALERT

The dark pasts of Seo Yi Gang (Jun Ji Hyun) and Kang Hyun Jo (Joo Ji Hoon) are more than a mess when we get a closer look into them. After a highly rated first week, we awaited the return of this highly talked about drama about Mount Jiri. Here are the 5 notable things from this week’s episodes.

Spoiler

1. Seo Yi Gang’s raw wounds:
The story behind the death of her parents and how she herself decided to search for the missing people is unfolded in this episode. We are introduced to a nearby village’s grandmother who ends up dead on her venture to the Baektodol part of the mountain triggering her memories.

2. Kang Hyun Jo’s guilty conscience:
Another tale from the past is brought back when the new ranger encounters fellow comrades from the days he worked in the army. Now as a ranger, he must find a missing soldier whose footings are eerily similar to back when Kang Hyun Jo had to deal with something of the same manner and lost his most trusted friend. He still blames himself for the loss and wishes to save Private Ahn.

3. A murderer on the loose:
As the team brings back the lost soldier in 2018, Kang Hyun Jo’s flashes make him realize that the same attack was planned on his friend years ago. He joins the dots to come to the realisation that someone is killing people by poisoning them. 

4. The mountain ghost:
As more and more sightings of the so-called ghost of the mountain are noticed by Seo Yi Gang while Kang Hyun Jo lies in a vegetative state in a hospital. Now in 2021, an injured man claims that he saw Kang Hyun Jo on Jirisan and suspicion arises if the murderer is within the team.

5. The hand:
A man’s hand with claw marks on them makes an appearance and causes the death of a civilian that trades in snakes’ poison. The ranger team chief takes the blame and resigns while Kang Hyun Jo is determined to find the real killer. Seo Yi Gang comes face to face with the man with claw marks and he makes a sinister expression.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/jirisan-ep-3-4-here-s-5-things-we-learned-jun-ji-hyun-joo-ji-hoon-s-escapades-931402

*** 'Jirisan' confirmed the official release date of BTS Jin's original soundtrack "Yours". The song will be included in the upcoming fifth and sixth episodes of the drama.  The soundtrack will be released through various music platforms on November 7 at 6PM KST. I'm curious to listen & to hear it. :kisslevel: