something strange about me and my site about Musa movie, not about

JDH-site. And I even cannot check that info, not to say about

correcting it. Help!

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest incredibleDORK

moley Oct 22 2005, 12:52 PM Post #58

T___T This drama broke my freakin' heart. I loved it so much...

AHH! I felt the same way too. This drama made me feel like I could actually feel my heartbreaking! It sounds impossible but it happened. Hehe. ^^; But this was THE BEST drama ever. I cried so much! The only bad thing was when I had to wake up and go to school the next morning. All my friends would wonder what the puffy eyes were about. LOL. Whenever I have time, I really have to watch this over again. I already saw it TWICE! Kim Min Joon is HOT! IMO anyway. :) Ha Ji Won was great in this drama. Ever since this movie, I just totally loved her. Hehe.

Guest .alyak_

I saw part of this. Only the first few episodes.

My aunts friend came back and picked them up.

So i didn't finish it. It was good. From i left of.

Do I get it right that there are ppl here who are registered at cafe

Daum? Pls, could you help me? As a non-resident I can't register at

http://cafe.daum.net/jungdoohong. And it seems to be the only place in

the internet (except for my site ) dedicated to JDH. One girl once

suggested to wrote there about me. But as I got it, she wrote

something strange about me and my site about Musa movie, not about

JDH-site. And I even cannot check that info, not to say about

correcting it. Help!

hi ksen ..sorry cannot help u since now cafe registration is becoming so complicated for me --;; .they ask certain specific question ..and ...i already did not register for new cafe for along time ..i hope someone can help u ~

saw part of this. Only the first few episodes.

My aunts friend came back and picked them up.

So i didn't finish it. It was good. From i left of.

you must finish it when you have the chance .u wont regret it ^_^

shirley, i have a question, are you a member of Damo Daum Cafe's? I'm a member, but I guess I don't know how to post or I didn't answer questions or whatever it was, I can't access to a lot of forums. I dunno if those forums have music videos? lol. I'm dying for more MVs..man..I feel bad cuz back then when I went to Ha Jiwon's daum cafe and her fans posted mvs of damo...i didn't save alot of it...now I really want to see more fans mvs...but hic hic...damo's really old now..don't know where to find that.. :( anyway, thanks for the links...by the way, i remember the scene that yoon helped revived her from being dead...i thought that scene was hilarious..i dunno why i was supposed to cry, but instead i laughed..hahahaha..especially the part he put her on his lap and cried...lol..

yes i am a member .!! .but er u need to request for yourself to be upgrade so you can access the entire forum!! ..sorry sunshine for replying so late ^_^ ...

ah ..haha ..bad sunshine .laughing at such a life and death matter ..well that is how normally it happen when in chinese period drama too ~ .............but then i cried so much when he read that letter !! !~~~ and how he finally say words to her from his heart which he is so scared she might not hear it ~~

Hi, hi, fellow Damo fans!!!

haha... Damo 007! *HUG*

I also loooooove this song <Song of Sorrow>. Thank you for sharing. This song really suits so well with Damo mood.

Oh, actually, his name is Shin Seung Hoon.

I heard this song was included in Damo OST released in Japan. I guess that means this song will be heard during airing of Damo in Japan.

OH!! thanks damo 008 !! ..i think i will try to look out for the japanese OST tooooo!!

Guest wingsee26

I love this series too. I was curious if any one can tell me where I can go and find the lyrics for the song of sorrow?? thanks

Thank you for a concern! What cafes you are registered in?

ah mostly the old dramas like DAMO cafe .~~ .hehe

DAMO to be shown in Japan .

20051101173534.488.0.jpg

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/tvnews/etn/200511/01/200511011411525815_s.wmv

다모 11월 3일 日NHK 위성채널서 방송

2005년 11월 1일 (화) 17:35 ETN

BC 드라마 '다모'가 오는 11월3일 일본 NHK의 위성채널 BS2에서 방송을 시작합니다.

[동영상 참조]

지난 2003년 방송 당시 빼어난 영상미와 완성도로 시청자들의 사랑을 받았던 '다모'가 일본에서 '채옥의 검'이란 제목으로 방송될 예정인데요.

이미 NHK 지상파를 통해 방송중인 '대장금'이 20%를 웃도는 평균 시청률을 기록하며 인기를 얻고 있어 '다모' 역시 일본 현지 인기몰이 여부에 관심이 모아지고 있습니다.

현재 일본 언론들은 '다모'의 방영을 앞두고 하지원 김민준 이서진 등 주연 배우들에게 많은 관심을 보이고 있는데요. 이와 함께 NHK도 주연배우들과 이재규 PD를 초청해 대대적인 프로모션을 전개할 예정입니다. [저작권자© ETN . 무단 전재-재배포 금지]

| |

[ 기사제공 ] ETN | ETN 기사보기

==

OH forget to inform anyone intrested in the DAMO DVD .DIRECTOR CUT EDITION with 70min additional scenes ..(NO SUBTITLES) TWO YEARS NOW ~~ it is being RE-released again ~~ ... .

If you are a hopless .damo addict like me !! THIS IS A MUST HAVE !!!!! ONE OF THE BEST PACKAGE FOR A DrAMA DVD u will ever own ~(my set is like my precious possesion ^^ ~~) ~~ ACTUAlLY i dont think any DRAMA can come close to such awesome packaging ~~~just like the drama itself ..~~

the latch that open the box is really metalic .~~ ...

dvd016586_1.jpg

dvd016586_5.jpg

dvd016586_7.jpg

and it come with three poster .make sort of with soft material like cloth ~~~ ..for these two years it stay in my box .but sometimes i open up to see the poster ~~

dvd016586_6.jpg

Guest acestro

I sorta like this drama. Some part got boring and some part are so good and so sad. There where a few part that made me just want to cry out loud!

Those DVD pictures remind me of how much I wanted it when I first heard about it.

GAH! I love my DVD set. I'm missing a few DVD's, though. <_< And, I lost my book.

Maybe I should just buy another DVD set altogether? :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mia-chan

Hi, i'm new here so first i'll say, hi everyone! I havn't seen Damo yet but hopefully, i'll be able to order it in a couple weeks! I already know it will my most favorite drama! and it will also be my first korean drama! and I think I already know who my favorite character will be. anyway, dose anyone know where I can download some NG scenes? :huh:

after almost a year of hearing my friends rave about Damo ... i FINALLY understand why they loved this drama so much.

just finished watching this - 15 minutes ago and boy do i have PUFFY eyes! i haven't cried this much in months. my heart just breaks for each one of em :(

and may i just say that those HJW-LSJ "looking into each others' eyes" are just intense ... and hot.

Guest ellabel

after almost a year of hearing my friends rave about Damo ... i FINALLY understand why they loved this drama so much.

just finished watching this - 15 minutes ago and boy do i have PUFFY eyes! i haven't cried this much in months. my heart just breaks for each one of em :(

and may i just say that those HJW-LSJ "looking into each others' eyes" are just intense ... and hot.

maja sis!!! You finished DAMO already?? :unsure:

That was fast. Didnt i tell you it's the BEST. :)

Some scenes are heart-breaking you actually fear you'll hear it crack. :P

I love all three characters.

Only drama of HJW that i admire her acting.

And, KMJ is so ruggedly handsome that i can forgive him for anything.

And of course, my Lee Seo jin, every bit of his body acts...especially the eyes.

I can still feel his pain long after the drama is finished.

Guest thunderbolt

In a very recent Misa review by X, there was some reference to Damo, a mania drama:

Although the first ever 'Mania Drama' was probably 거짓말 (Lie) in 1999, with lower than expected ratings on TV and a good response on the Net, 'Ruler of Your Own World' was the first to create a cultural phenomenon, an immense group of people continuing to enjoy, watch, talk and write about the show long after it was done. People designed countless PC wallpapers and graphics, went to the locations (Hongdae) where the Drama was shot at and took photos, continued to follow the actors for years, and are probably still doing so. 'Damo' fans ushered in the era of the Million posts, invading the Official Website of the Drama which passed 4 Million posts a while ago. And today, Dramas that can't find an audience on TV often get their revenge on the Net.

Those Dramas also deviate from the norm, offer characters a little more realistic, situations with less superficiality and more meaning. They're not simply content with following fairy tale-like stories and impossibly distant characters. They instead draw viewers closer, using what might be looked at as stereotypes to carve real characters with real problems, things people can easily relate to using a little imagination. And they all feature, although to different degrees, that sense of impending tragedy, that pain leading the everyday life of people who feel extreme sentiments: passion, hate, rage, love... it's all pain. 'Damo' fans coined a term, 폐인 (PyeIn, a playword on 'Pain' meaning 'People crippled by pain'), which perfectly fits what these Dramas are all about.

To read the rest of the article, go here:

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/004194.html#more

Damo is still the most heartbreaking drama I've ever watched. Ellabel is right - you fear your heart is going to crack from the pain. I think I was depressed for almost one month after finishing Damo. I still feel this tight squeeze in my chest when I listen to the OST and it's been more than a year. HELP!

Guest Brooklyn

i watched this series because ellabel and cha highly recommended it

and i was so glad i heeded their advice. ellabel lent me her copy and had to download a copy for myself.

damo is among the best k-dramas i've seen...

the story of damo was a good approximation of a classic tragedy...

it would have been perfect for me if some airtime had been spent

first, showing/explaining the rationale for Jae Hui's and Sung-Baek's father's treason

and how Sung-Baek was able to rally quite a number of supporters...

some reason for their revolt against an apparently "benevolent" monarch...

other than their ("mountain rebels") and Sung Baek's stupidity for letting themselves be used by the Defense Minister...

i thought that angle (revolt in late 1600 cho sun dynasty) was already overused as a material in period

dramas and movies that the creators of this drama glossed over it, is it?

i did a little surfing and i couldn't find any substantial text on late 1600 cho sun dynasty

much less any kind of unrest during that time that would merit a line or two in history books...

perhaps then the revolt was one of the "fiction" parts in this historical fiction drama?

w/c of course would violate the essence of a historical fiction and turn this series into pure fiction or even fantasy instead...if it were, then the creators were remiss in not threshing out this angle fully...

they could have done away w/ those supposedly sympathy-evoking and comic-relief scenes w/c were of no consequence to the whole drama. there would have been more emotional impact if it was shown why and how the rebels got to the point they had instead.

i don't think the writers wanted to focus on the tragic love of Chae Ohk and Hwangbo only...

cause that was some profoundly striking and moving narration/voice-over by Sung Baek at

the start and end of the series w/c pretty much highlighted the significance of Sung Baek's cause...

now if only we, the viewers, were also let in into the implied nobleness of that cause...

second, the young Hwangbo's instant (only after their first meeting) affinity to the young jae hui

was a bit of a stretch...for a young teen-aged kid to think of a young girl that way and carry her on his

back while emoting away to kingdom come on their first meeting is so corny to say the least...

i wouldn't mind if some airtime was again devoted into developing a more credible premise...

nevertheless, the story still stood out among most of the k-dramas i've seen

it was a story worth telling, raising meaningful and timeless issues on

devotion, honor, social justice, servitude (literally and metaphorically), etc.

it was as i said a good approximation of a classic tragedy as it depicted

the sufferings of the hero, chae ohk, as she was caught up and done in by her struggles

to overcome the "collision of her two equally ethical (incest notwithstanding) aims"

for a drama series damo had outstanding production values...

i thought i was watching that crouchng tiger or flying daggers movie...

and executing this story in such cinematic or visual style...

w/ its superb cinematography, sound editing and action sequences' choreography and effects...

proved effective in getting the message across and eliciting the desired reactions from the viewers...

this is also well-acted... LSJ was so effective here that I think I have typecast him in my

mind as a "historical" character that he looked awkward to me sans facial hair, hanbok and funny-looking hat

thank god HJW shed her whiny acting here, she was good in this series and KMJ turned in a pretty

riveting performance as well...

for such a heavy-themed series, my vcds looked scratched and worn out by repeated use...

this drama is that good... ;)

Guest YooMiRi

Cool...Damo thread...

I watched this several months ago, and it's the one which makes me hooked to Korean epic drama.

Loves everyone's acting here, and I think Ha Ji Won's character in Damo is most lovable among her other roles. Smart, brave, independent, and doesn't whine easily, unlike her character in WHIB.

Lee Seo Jin and Kim Min Joon are outstanding too...

Great drama!!!!

Archived