What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Guest loO4la

Guest TICKLE ME Jx2

I just finished The Hunger Games and now I'm excited to start reading Catching Fire...

I'm kinda in love with Peeta Mellark.

Guest checo

Currently reading Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami.  I just finished 1Q84 and loved it.  I've also read After Dark, Norweigan Wood, and The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Murakami.  One of my fave authors for sure!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 5bchm

Started a new book a few days ago, had been sitting on my shelf for some time. Reading Before I Die by Jenny Downham. Just read on wiki that there will be a film adaptation.

Guest cpark1430263252

just finished 50 shades of grey, cried my eyes out at the end.

in the middle of fifty shades darker

got me listening to bach marcello adagio...so beautiful

I am reading Game of Thrones. Half way through it and I really like it. It was on my read list forever but I saw Season 1 of the tv series and it motivated me to read the book. The tv show is amazing. I'm anxious to catch up in the reading so I can know what happens!

Guest ladiixnii

None that's really interesting to follow. The past book I did read though was "The Red Pyramid". I love that book :D I wish I could read the other 3 books. Maybe in the future it'll also turn into a movie. Ahaha. Well, it could happen. It's a new book that I believe came out not too long ago.

Guest xtwinni

Currently reading "1Q84" by Haruki Murakami. It's my first Murakami novel and I feel like reading it is like watching a really intense and good dorama. xDD It's amazing, and I'm planning on book-marathoning all his novels now. 

Guest 5bchm

I'm now currently reading "Hungry as the Sea" by Wilbur Smith. I'm trying to get through the last 3 books on my shelf that haven't been read yet before I purchase some new ones. Looking forward to getting new books then.

I am reading Game of Thrones. Half way through it and I really like it. It was on my read list forever but I saw Season 1 of the tv series and it motivated me to read the book. The tv show is amazing. I'm anxious to catch up in the reading so I can know what happens!

nice, me too! finished book 3 last week, gonna wait to start book 4 though. i heard it's hella slow and the POVs are boring, haha.

Reading The Paris Wife by Paula McLain that discusses Ernest Heminway and his first wife, Hadley Richardson's happiness and struggles in their marriage and his writing career. It draws me in, and it's hard to put down! And I also have two more essays to finish of David Foster Wallace's A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again.

Guest hunterheart

1984 - Geo. Orwell

- Surprisingly I'm having a difficult time getting through this one. It might be the language or pace at which it's being told/revealed..

Speaker For The Dead - Orson Scott Card

- Trying to get through the Ender Saga (first 4 books) before treading into the next quartet

He also had a new book "Ender in Exile" to follow up what happened right after the bugger war. I personally hated Children of the minds. It was terrible. Speaker was the best one of the series... and Xenocide was alright. The shadow series are much better imo.

Finally finished Game of Thrones and I'm moving on to A Clash of Kings. Took a bit longer than expected since I was trying to read book 1 &2 at the same time alongside season 2 but it didn't work out that well since I have no idea where we are in the book and I don't want spoilers. I'm getting the impression that either there's loads of scenes added on the show or they're moving a lot faster than the book plot but season 1 is incredibly faithful to the source material.

Guest Fashionista*

Just finished Zombies Vs. Unicorns

I don't usually like reading short stories, but it was pretty interesting due to the subject matter :) it's a light quick read, good but not amazing.

currently reading The Mephisto Covenant (The Redemption of Ajax) - Trinity Faegen.

btw loving all the Game of Throne reads in here! love this series way before the tv series came along (which is pretty awesome and faithful to the books). Read all the books except for the most recent one. George R.R. Martin takes really long to release each book that I've pretty much forgotten everything since the first 2 books. Gotta re-read before reading A Dance with Dragons.

Guest Musval

I'm currently reading Cat Among the Pigeons by Agatha Christie. I adore her books, she's still one of my favourite authors. So far the book seems pretty good, but maybe not as good as her other works. I'll judge after finishing it.

Guest PancakeMuffins91

I just finished reading "The Color of Magic" and "Pyramids" from the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett, I'm not really reading the books in order. I liked Pyramids a lot more than Color of Magic (I felt like the pacing for Pyramids was a lot faster and easier to get through).

I'm almost done with "A Pale View of the Hills" by Kazuo Ishiguro which is an interesting read.

I'm thinking of starting "The Hunger Games" next.

Guest missyblue

finally got my hands on A Game of Thrones because it's so popular here :]

can't wait to start it!