The Official Se7en Thread

Guest StarCrystal

Guest musically-divine

ugh, this is so frustrating!

i'm really glad that places that international fans come together like soompi aren't like se7en's fan cafe. the negativity over there just doesn't seem to stop.

everytime there's some news about se7en i feel like the fans at farineli become all depressing and pessimistic. :wacko:

this time, it's just se7en's picture that he uploaded on twitter and there were a few articles that popped up on korean news sites where they called him phb's bf and the fans went all crazy, saying stuff like phb probably makes more than se7en now and se7en isn't the legend he used to be, etc. :crazy:

a lot of fans do seem to agree though that se7en is different after coming back from the states. they say that he isn't as ambitious as he used to be and seem to just want to casually live as a singer and not work towards big dreams like becoming an international superstar or a big-name artist in the american market. many of the korean fans, however, want bigger things for se7en than just an artist that releases albums here and there in korea and japan with no heavy promotions. i guess this is why fans really hate se7en being associated with his gf since they think that's the only way he becomes a hot issue in the news nowadays. some fans even said that after hearing se7en sing his old songs on chocolate, they were disappointed because the songs didn't sound as good as when he sang them before he left for america.

i really hate the negativity but to be honest, regarding se7en's future as an artist, i feel the same way. there are so many things that i want se7en to achieve in the couple years he has left before his military service but then again, if it's not what he wants, then i guess that's ok too. no matter what though, i will support him.

it's probably a better idea to do the twitter campaign closer to se7en's release of his i'm going crazy mv but i really hope he doesn't get too affected by these posts in the meantime since he does read the stuff on farineli.

oppa, please know that there are fans who will always support you! fighting! ;)

I think it's probably because he hasn't sung them for such a long time, it's inevitable he'll come off as a bit rusty. Personally I've really liked all his performances with his older songs. I've missed them a lot, so it's really refreshing to hear him sing something other than Better Together or Digital Bounce. His performances with his newer songs are generally flawless imo.

Only just managed to watch some of the performances for M! Countdown...because YT is being so annoying right now! :(

Dara and Minzy was doing the D-I-G-I-T-A-L part of the choreography during their Go Away performance :)

YG fam <3

• Replies 24.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest happyroach

hiiiiiiii everyone

Okay probably only Cecilia recognizes me here (HI CECILIA!!! I finally figured my account out so I'm officially saying hi to you again here lol), but I am BACK! I missed this thread so much :( I missed Seboon even more!

He's sporting longer hair again. Adorable <3

Sucks to hear about all the negative reactions from netizens :/ i still support him all the way though!

Now to find time to stay up to date about our dongwookie. And to get better Internet at home. Verizon wireless sucks richard simmons!

Hi everyone else, I'm Shelley and I've loved seboon since 2004. One of the first posters on this ancient thread! :D

hiiiiiiii everyone

Okay probably only Cecilia recognizes me here (HI CECILIA!!! I finally figured my account out so I'm officially saying hi to you again here lol), but I am BACK! I missed this thread so much :( I missed Seboon even more!

He's sporting longer hair again. Adorable <3

Sucks to hear about all the negative reactions from netizens :/ i still support him all the way though!

Now to find time to stay up to date about our dongwookie. And to get better Internet at home. Verizon wireless sucks richard simmons!

Hi everyone else, I'm Shelley and I've loved seboon since 2004. One of the first posters on this ancient thread! :D

coollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

*hugz*

i click into the thread and the distinct pink catches my eye!!!

hahahahahhahahahaha

miss ur posts definitely!! come often!!^^

we should set a mission to find all old fans

COME BACK PPL! I MEAN IT!!

Guest mzangelgurl

yay for old posters coming back! :) how cool!

oh, as you all know se7en will be performing with artists like sean kingston and jay park at the seoul soul festival from october 9th to 10th.

here's a link to a page with the details (it's all in korean though)

there's a video at the bottom of se7en talking about the "hidden artist" (there's another performer that hasn't been revealed yet)

ahh, he's looks so good in the clip even though it's really short.

http://music.daum.net/playzone/playBoard.do?boardId=261

Guest epiklove.

se7en & AX?! he can totally be my prince in shining armorani anytime...hahaha!!

the pictures look HOT!! especially the picture of him next to the ladder!

for some reason, that picture is just attracting me to it! hahaha!

and i wished the girl was PHB...lol. i'm dying to see a collab between the two! i'm such a se7en/phb shipper :P

He looks hott!

An interview was done with the new YG choreographers Mariel Martin and Keone Madrid

(Keone Madrid choreographed Se7en's Better together and Taeyang's Just a feeling)

I'm just going to paste bits and pieces relating to Se7en.

Question: How where you able to get into YG Entertainment? Did someone recommend you to them?

[omitted]

Keone : Basically YG was looking for someone who is taller and dances big, to work with Se7en. He asked Shaun Evaristo, and Shaun was able to show him some of my work and YG enjoyed it! Thank you Shaun!

Question: Have you known Se7en (Choi Dong Wook) even before you get to work with him?

Keone : I actually heard a little about him because I knew he was big in Korea. I knew that Twitch and Marty was able to work with him before too. I was just excited to meet him, because I had a feeling he was excited to get back in the game. His music was great before, but after hearing his new stuff I already knew he wanted to come out fresh and new.

Question: What is your first impression of Se7en when you met him in person?

Keone : I thought, wow he speaks great English! haha. He’s a really cool guy and really nice. Not intimidating or diva-like at all.

Q: What can you say about Se7en?

Mari : Keone and I got to get acquainted with Se7en the most. He is super cool, a great person who is very seasoned in what he does. He is so talented and he has this incredible voice. He’s always singing! Haha and we’re always listening like, “shoot this guy is good.”

Keone : As an artist he is definitely talented! When we would be taking a break or just hanging out he was always singing! Whether it would be fun or serious everyone in the room was thinking, “damn this guys good” haha. As a person he’s really down to earth. Doesn’t act too cool or anything. In fact, our last night he went out of his way to come visit me, Shaun, and Mari at the NB club just to say bye. Although it’s a small gesture it means a lot that he would come out of his way, especially on a day when he had rehearsal and filming for the teasers.

Question: How is it working them?

Keone : Working with Se7en is great! He helped me out a lot and we communicated to each other very well. If something did or didn’t work he was always willing to try it out. He also helped translate a lot for me to the other dancers who couldn’t understand English too well.

Question: Do you have remarkable moments with them that you would like to share?

Keone : During the first couple of days Se7en hurt his back. He had to get shots and was taking pain killers. I was a bit worried because he wasn’t able to dance or learn the choreography as he would just sit and watch. But on the first day he was able to dance he came right in and didn’t miss a beat. I was amazed! I was reminded at that moment how much of a professional and a veteran he is. After that all my biggest worries were gone because I had no question that I was working with someone who knows what he’s doing.

Rest of the interview here about the other YG artists.

@to2lovely Thanks a lot for

the interview about SE7EN.

This interview is an eye-opener

on how amazing & aweomse SE7EN has

been all this while.

Singing is still his utmost passion

& ambition in life,no doubt about it.

It may be painful to

read those hurtful comments

at times.But then as long

as we continue to believe

in SE7EN and his music,we will are able

to bring SE7EN back to the top once again in KOREA :wub: '

I was hoping to see him

& PHB on that new photoshoot.

But then it will be rather difficult.

Nonthelees,he is rocking those photoshoots

with hotness

Guest hongnhung0110

Is that true that he was filming for a "TEASER"?

When exactly is the "last night" of theirs?

Oh, sorry, I'm just to excited and I think that was a teaser for new track, not Better Together (hope to have a MV for I'm going crazy".

Guest Ismahane

Se7en sure is a pro ^_____^

I found this picture on the link to2lovely provided

shaunkeonese7enmari.jpg

Suan, Keone, Se7en, Mari

Anyway, shouldn't I'm going crazy MV be out these next few days? How come we heard nothing about it? :tears:

Guest mzangelgurl

for some reason it made me kind of sad to read keone and mari's interview.

se7en oppa, please don't get hurt! :tears:

and yes, i would have to agree with everyone who seems so impressed by se7en's english. his english is really good and i think he could easily become fluent enough to stand alongside native speakers without much difference.

there was a fan on a korean farineli that posted scans of se7en's interview in a magazine called pound recently (forgot the name of the magazine sorry). it was in korean and i don't think there are any translations as of yet but one thing that he said that really stood out to me was something about how he felt a lot of disappointment and loss through his three years in the states especially since he had to suddenly put all his korean and japanese activities on hold. he said he can't say right now whether he'll have another shot at the american market but that he definitely will not go back without being fully prepared because in the U.S. he said there are too many singers with just as much talent as him so he needs all the confidence and preparation he could get.

i actually disagree with the last part about how there are so many american singers who are just as talented as se7en :sweatingbullets: but i can definitely see what he means when he says he doesn't want to go back without knowing that this time around he'll have a good shot and won't just waste his time. hopefully though, yg does have plans to at least try to create another opportunity for se7en. i know he said he was pretty sure 2ne1 would be trying the U.S. soon but he hasn't really said anything for se7en. i would just like to know that even if se7en doesn't end up going back to the U.S., that both him and yg do have plans to work towards making a good opportunity for se7en that just might give se7en the confidence that he feels he needs if he is to try again. ;)

Guest musically-divine

^ I don't want to get my hopes up about him returning to the US and I won't be disappointed if he doesn't either. If he feels he's at his best and is most comfortable working in Korea or maybe the rest of Asia then I'll be just as glad.

Guest shinhdeplol

2010 Hallyu Dream Concert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvya9Docsvg&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbHh4Hx5DRI&feature=player_embedded

September 20, 2010

Why Seven Inspected Phones of G-Dragon, Taeyang

Singer Seven appeared on KBS 2TV's "All-Night Variety Nocturnal" on Sep. 13. Seven suggested that they donate their blood for this episode and so the singer and the program's five MCs took a time of self-reflection before extracting their blood.

Seven said there's nothing for him to reflect on because he hasn't done anything bad. He rather proposed that they share good deeds they have done. However, if the others did not agree it was good deed, the person must eat garlic rice cake as a penalty.

653_1755_l.jpg

MCs Jang Hang-jun, Sin Dong-yeob and Yun Jong-sin ended up eating the rice cakes first as the other cast would not recognize their stories as good deeds.

Seven was less confident, saying he hadn't done a good thing either. Then Gill mentioned a text message incident involving Seven and G-Dragon.

Seven then opened up about a story going back years when he was a trainee in his middle school years and Big Bang members G-Dragon and Taeyang were in elementary school. Seven said that as their senior, whenever he met them, he would inspect their cell phones to check on contacts and text messages. He said that what he did, checking their schedule and personal relations, was good because he was worried for them.

But MCs Sin and Yun argued it was a bad thing, violating their private lives, to which Seven quickly acknowledged, "On second thought I guess it wasn't a good thing after all," and picked up a piece of garlic rice cake.

But what he picked was not the garlic kind but a sweet strawberry piece. Seven beamed, "It's so tasty." Sin said, "That coincidence shows that your cell inspection was really out of a good heart."

Despite the heavy rain, 159 people gathered to donate their blood, and 62 of them were diagnosed as adequately fit to give blood.

The MCs and Seven also took part and Sin and Jang gave their blood. The others who were determined to not be in an ideal state to give blood that day instead wrote a pledge to donate blood some other day when they were medically fit.

Writer: Honorary reporter Kim Min-ha

Credit : KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/TVRadio/HotTopic/view.html?No=653

Archived