[drama 2008] Spotlight 스포트라이트

Guest f0reveralways

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great cast so far...l thinks the pairing of Ji Jin Hee and Son Ye Jin is brilliant. I will definitely be keeping my eyes on this drama. How interesting that this is loosely based on the experience of a real anchor woman.

Wow... this drama will be on my "next drama must watch" list.... I love SYJ, she is such a talented actress... I'm so glad they went for her and I'm so happy she decided to do the drama.... can't wait to see this drama like everyone else in here.

f0reveralways, Son Ye Jin's character name isn't "Kim Eun Hye", it's "Seo Woo Jin". Kim Eun Hye is the name of the reporter who is rumoured to be the real life model for Son Ye Jin's character.. Could you edit your first post? :)

definitely going to watch out for this. (not a huge fan of SYJ though..) excited that the director of white tower is going to be doing this! i hope it will not disappoint.

Guest kdramafanusa

[tour2korea 2-19-2008]

Leading Female Stars Enter a Battle of Generations

Four female leading stars, each representing their respective generations, will heat up the TV screen in 2008.

actress.gif

First up is 40-year-old Korean talent, Choi Jin-Shil. She will star in the MBC weekend drama "Last Scandal". She returns to television from an 8-month hiatus after finishing the drama "Bad Woman, Good Woman".

"Last Scandal" is an intricate love story about a bright and cheerful woman named Hong Seon-Hi and a top star named Song Jae-Bin, that all begins at their high school reunion. Movie star Jeong Jun-Ho is to play Choi Jin-Shils counterpart.

Son Ye-Jin is a top star in her twenties, highly reviewed as the next talented star after Choi Jin-Shil to return to the television screen. After her role in the 2006 SBS drama "Alone In Love", Son Ye-Jin makes a huge transformation in this years movie "Open City", receiving recognition in the entertainment industry as an excelling actress. Her next production is "Spotlight", an MBC drama to be aired beginning in May.

"Spotlight" is about the passion of local news reporters in their pursuit of the truth and the complications involved with the selection process of reporters. The drama is attracting much attention as Son Ye-Jin plays Kim Eun-Hye, a character based on a former MBC reporter.

Kim Jeong-Eun is a beautiful actress in her thirties, and regarded as one of the most talented actresses on the TV screen to return in June. Kim Jeong-Eun is to star in the drama "My Sweet City", a production by CJ Entertainment. This will be her first debut after the 2006 hit drama "Lovers".

Kim Jeong-Euns counterpart roles are to be played by Lee Seon-Gyun and Ji Hyeon-Woo, two male stars capturing the hearts of women in their twenties and thirties.

In the latter half of 2008, Koreas top teen star Moon Geun-Yeong is to return to television. Moon Geun-Yeong chooses the SBS drama "THe Painter Of The Wind" to make her comeback in 5 years.

This drama takes place during the Joseon Jeongjo period, portraying the life and love of two artistic geniuses, Shin Yun-Bok and Kim Heung-Do. Moon Geun-Yeong raised the interests of television viewers, as she plays the part of Shin Yun-Bok, a woman disguised as a male.

The four top stars become the center of attention as they begin to make their appearances on television sets once again.

Is it just me?...I get a shade of All About Eve when I read about TV anchors? hehehe.

Anyone knows if this will be Mon-Tue or Wed-Thu drama?

Guest kdramafanusa

Is it just me?...I get a shade of All About Eve when I read about TV anchors? hehehe.

Anyone knows if this will be Mon-Tue or Wed-Thu drama?

Agree with you about All About Eve. =)

For Monday/Tuesday, MBC will air "East Of Eden" after "Yi San" finishes.

For Wednesday/Thursday, "Who Are You?" starts after "New Heart"; then "Spotlight" will take over.

^ I believe this is the current schedule which can always be changed though, it all depends on MBC's arrangement.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived