[drama 2008] Spotlight 스포트라이트

Guest f0reveralways

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished the drama and i am very shocked...because i really thought that i read "romance " when i was looking at the genre of these series...although i really liked the story cuz it gave me another impression of reporters :D...but they could've just added a little bit romance cuz you hardly noticed any feelings...and can someone please explan to me what the meaning was of the ending...suddenly woo jin was practising for an anchor???? and they were just having fun ???

But after all i still liked the drama a lot :blush:

I finally finished the drama after an "interruption" due to an activity related to the show. I thought the ending was pretty decent ... if less than fulfilling as many kdramas are. I wanted to see that ant of a man chief of the political bureau who got promoted as the director of the news department get squashed like a bug at the end. It was nice to see him squirm a lot during the live interview in EP 16 but I really did want to see him get stomped on. I also wanted to see the former news director get restored and feeling redeemed... I liked him for putting his neck on the line for our gang, Tae Seok, Woo Jin and Soon Cheol. I also wanted to see the expression on the president of Young Hwan Construction after the live interview on EP 16. I really hated that guy. At least his subordinate director Lee and collaborator Assemblyman Kim roasted each other on live TV. That was almost funny but it somehow didn't seem very realistic. I was surprised when director Lee said that Assemblyman Kim received bribe from Young Hwan group. It was also nice to see Tae Seok's father redeem himself at the end... it must have made Tae Seok proud. However, I did wish there was a little kiss or even a hug from Tae Seok to Woo Jin at the end ... that would have given us some hope for the couple. It would also been nice to see Soon Cheol be with a girl ... even though I think he secretly had a crush on Woo Jin. Maybe that rookie girl who came in at the same time. I know he had a girlfriend that he had to break up with because of his busy schedule but we never even got to see her! I would've also like to have seen Myoung Eun get her due too ... I guess there really wasn't time to show everything.

yea..i think so ><;; but i dont quite understand the ending.so woo jin is just practicing to be an anchor after the live interview?

n where did the president or the director of that GBS go?did he get sacked also?and also the other chief of social..something and the other team members like myoung eun etc went?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LeyNeth

Starting from the beginning I REALLY REALLY LOVED this drama! It was sooo gooodd! One of the best drama I've watched! But um.. I'm kinda confused. What happen to woo-jin helping the guy (earlier in the drama) look for his mother that had abandoned him when he was a child? did she actually even looked for her? or its completely forgotton?? :unsure:

Yes, I was confused too. I thought that Woo Jin would look for his mother as she promised him she would. That probably was a trick for him to succumb to the police and not to kill himself. I was kind of disappointed at the ending. There was no romance at all!! Are reporters so busy that they have no time for romance? I could only feel the jealousy from Cap's eyes when he saw Woo Jin greeted cheerfully her sunbae classmate from college. He then called her back in the office immediately probably for both reasons of work and personal. I've read somewhere the summary of the drama stating that at the end Cap Tae-Seok heads to the airport for his foreign correspondent assignment and he cursed himself for not having the guts to tell his feelings to Woo Jin. Luckily, he found Woo Jin at the airport and they hugged each other. They then begin to take their relationship to the next level. I did not see this part al all!! It would definitely be nice to see they show their feelings for each other at the end. Was this part omitted or cut off??

Guest Madrasta

I have searched for this thread to know if there is not going to be any romance angle between the two performers. I am now in Episode 11 and I have yet to come across some lines that would suggest something that would tickle my bone. I guess I am right, based on the comments, that the series is just focused on what happens behind the camera or spotlight. Well, I might as well continue watching it to the end. It's good that they've put two good performers there, Ji Jin Hee and So Ye Jin.

Yes, I was confused too. I thought that Woo Jin would look for his mother as she promised him she would. That probably was a trick for him to succumb to the police and not to kill himself. I was kind of disappointed at the ending. There was no romance at all!! Are reporters so busy that they have no time for romance? I could only feel the jealousy from Cap's eyes when he saw Woo Jin greeted cheerfully her sunbae classmate from college. He then called her back in the office immediately probably for both reasons of work and personal. I've read somewhere the summary of the drama stating that at the end Cap Tae-Seok heads to the airport for his foreign correspondent assignment and he cursed himself for not having the guts to tell his feelings to Woo Jin. Luckily, he found Woo Jin at the airport and they hugged each other. They then begin to take their relationship to the next level. I did not see this part al all!! It would definitely be nice to see they show their feelings for each other at the end. Was this part omitted or cut off??

The lack of romance is apparently due to severe protest from the Korean audience, so that they had to cut out most of the romance plot towards the end.

I was kind of disappointed, too, i.e. since the first half of the drama really developed the pairing nicely. I just loved OTS' jealousy when WJ met that old friend of hers. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love the story. It was really a good drama. But it was more focused on the professional life of the casts. There was not much personal relationships going on. So I was kind of disappointed coz at least I still want to watch dramas that have love factors in them.

• 2 months later...
Guest missy_qiqi

I just finished the drama and i am very shocked...because i really thought that i read "romance " when i was looking at the genre of these series...although i really liked the story cuz it gave me another impression of reporters :D...but they could've just added a little bit romance cuz you hardly noticed any feelings...and can someone please explan to me what the meaning was of the ending...suddenly woo jin was practising for an anchor???? and they were just having fun ???

But after all i still liked the drama a lot :blush:

Yeah....i had just finished watching the drama ...drama was pretty interesting to begin with.

It really portray the life of the reporters well and the hoo haa that is going on in a broadcasting station...and i think JJH had acted well. :tongue2:

I agree....that the ending to this drama was indeed very 'abrupt' and that they should have included some 'romance' link between OTS & SWJ.

The ending was really the 'minus' point in this drama :wacko:

• 1 month later...
Guest hellohallyu

Just watched episodes 1 and 2 of this drama. Have to say that I am already enjoying the way the story is developing. Son Ye Jin once again show her versatility in the way she handled her role as a rookie reporter. Can't wait to catch the rest of the drama. :)

Teddy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nanajol

It is LG Viewty.

was iit???

i tot she was using the samsung pixon or omnia :rolleyes:

cos when she shuts down her phone, i tot i was the samsung shut down screen...

• 1 month later...
Guest jdianko

Hi!

Does anybody know where I can find a working video of episodes 9-16 with English subs of the Spotlight drama. Episodes 1-8 are in crunchyroll.com but that's about it.

The videos in mysoju and koreanmovie.com are all broken!!

THANKS!!! =)

• 5 months later...

Wow, it's so refreshing to find a kdrama without any romance in the script. It's unfortunate that I waited a year after to see it because I was afraid it was one of those typical romance dramas; though I remember reading it listed as a romance genre. Anyways I finished watching He Who Can't Marry, JJH was so goofy in that. I always have loved the guy since Dae Jang Geum but it rekindled my interest in him after seeing HWCM. Spotlight is so underrated and I'm glad they didn't end the series with a kiss. The ending was open-ended and she finally became an anchor, or anchor-in-training. And I think it's hinted that their 'romance' is blossoming by Cap's glances at end. .

I like the pace of the drama and without any explicit romantic angle the 16 episodes flew by for me. I liked SYJ in Alone in Love and Classic so it wasn't hard for me to enjoy the drama. I'm glad JJH picked up good projects to do nowadays and it's unfortunate that the ratings for Spotlight and HWCM weren't excellent: they're both really good series.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest wtkp1980

Single File Premium - 700~800 MB, credits Aigoo & poptartsgurl

02 Ental

11 Ental

15 Ental

anyone can tell me password for download please

Archived