Official { D Y E D . H A I R }: Before & After

Guest xrhapsody

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest keziahcutie

WORTH IT?: yeah, i guess so

Natural Hair type: curly/wavy, soft n smooth ^^

Hair History: dyed once, used comb hair dye once.. i straighten it whenever i feel like it lol

Hair color Before: black

Hair color After: reddish chocolate brown o-o

Bleach?: nope

Hair Dye: garnier

Price: mhmm.. i forgot, but it was pretty cheap i think. i got it at target

Changes: not a big change really, except the color of course :P

Description: my grandma is a hairstylist, and so she dyed it for meh

Comments: i like my hair right now, its still kinda black at the bottom so i dont really miss black hair that much @_@

BEFORE: GEDC2797.jpgGEDC3209.jpg

AFTER: GEDC3753.jpg

what specific color should i get so i can have that colour? thanks

Guest ilovejaejoong

i just dyed my hair but the color didn't really come out like the picture in the box. i left it in for an hour or less. should i have used a hair-dryer while waiting for the dye to set? i just left it in without any cover or anything else.

Guest michikosashimi

what type of brown is this hair color?

would i be able to go from jet black hair asian to this color? o_o

2lavayd.jpg

Guest kawaiibaby

before:

after:

Wowww I love this color :D

which hairdye did you use?

Can you give details on what you did?

Or did you just go to the salon?

Guest princess lisa

I have like sensitive skin and all but I want to dye my hair. Are they any hair dye brands out there specifically for like sensitive skin?

And I was wondering do like, chocolate brown dye consists of bleach? Coz from going from black to like chocolate brown, must one bleach it in order to see the "brown"?

Guest chan5

what type of brown is this hair color?

would i be able to go from jet black hair asian to this color? o_o

^ i would like to know too please! :)

Guest kraystal

Wowww I love this color :D

which hairdye did you use?

Can you give details on what you did?

Or did you just go to the salon?

salon in china :ph34r: they did one color then did highlights so it looked more natural

Guest skycheerio<3

heheheh I am going to dye my hair today. (so excited)

I will post results once I finished :)

Guest vip_gd

WORTH IT?: yeah but i wanted my hair to be slightly orange

Natural Hair type: straight

Hair History: straightened countless times(i like it super straight haha); dyed 3x

Hair color Before: chestnut brown i think

dsc036122.jpg

Hair color After: reddish copperish

dsc036066.jpg

Bleach?: no

Hair Dye: idk .. i did it in a salon

Price: HKD 250($32)

Changes: just the color

Description: dyed. then wrapped with plastic wrap and steamed. rinse and blowdry then trimmed.

Comments: it's okay, i hope it doesn't fade later on

edit.

it fuhreakin' fadedddddddd. ohh the humanity.

Guest kenn_kidd

SO WORTH IT!

Natural Hair type: naturally straight, kinda thick, but not too thick

Hair History: Dyed twice before. (Blue and black)

Hair color Before: Black with some light brown from previous bleaching

Hair color After: Redish brown

Bleach?: Yes before dying

Hair Dye/Bleach: Ion Color Brilliance Liquid Hair Color 6RV with 30volume developer. As for the bleach I used:Beyond The Zone On/Off Scalp Radical Bleach Kit.

Description: - I bleached my dark hair to lighten the hair up 2 levels and then I deposit the hair color using a brush and comb. I then let is sit for about 15 to 20 minutes with heat. Shampoo and condition.

Comments: I really like the results. It was worth the effort of buying and mixing your own dye and developer. Sally is the best!

As for the longevity... the color does stay for a very long time! My hair was a little stiff afterward but I conditioned. OVERALL I LOVE IT! HAHA!

Ratings: 10/10

BEFORE: MY PICTURE BEFORE!

AFTER:MY HAIR AFTER!

NOTE: This is not my first time dying so I kind of develop a method and a pattern to it... I hope you like it.

Sorry for the weird poses! lol...

Guest kimmi.kami

heyhey guys, I have the typicial orange tints with brown whenever I go outside! T.T

but when im in buildings/inside, it looks light brown.

problem is, i want to wear some clip on hair extensions. in light brown, but arghhh . . . my hair is below my collar bone and i wanna wear clip on hair extensions below my chest, but im scared it might not look right when i go outside. the top part of my head will be orange tints with brown while my longer part of my hair will look light brown!

so i was thinking of dying my hair a darker colour with palty bitter cappuccino? or should i try a american hair dye?

should i just get a american hair dye to make my hair look medium/dark brown? i dont really want to bleach since IM TRYING TO GROW OUT MY HAIR.

but i dont want my hair to look DARK DARK brown. if you know what i mean, like.. dark dark brown, that you know ITS dyed but not that noticably.

so any recommendations for some hair dye to make my hair look medium brown or a dark brown that you can see?

i dont want to look weird with hair extensions, or do you guys think i should just get the light brown hair extensions?

and not dyed my hair. . .

Guest Pui_Pui

ksiueyftkreahf.jpg

WORTH IT?: - YES

Natural Hair type:

- fine

- straight and curly

- long hair

Hair History: -

-Dyed

-Permed

Hair color Before: Light Brown

Hair color After: Red

Bleach?: - no

Hair Dye: 113719_l.jpg

Price: - £4.60

Changes: Straighter

Description: - Left to dye for 30 minutes

Comments: -very nice, yeah...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kimmi.kami

^

I don't think it'll be a disaster. I think I read on soompi before that its best to dye your hair first then perm it, which you're planning to do. :D

Just remember to take care of your hair really well once its dyed and permed ( use conditioner if you feel like your hair's dry or damaged or you can use leave in conditioner for about 30-60minutes. 1-2 times a week) hehe

good luck! ;]

Guest whizzer's_rose

I am thinking of dyeing my hair. I dyed it before with a chestnut brown at a salon but the color's gone. It seems like it didn't stick that much... I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what color these are from drugstore brands...

I haven't made up my mind though which hair color I should try. This one like Alan Dolma's hair

normal_165.jpg

normal_004_17.jpg

or this one, namie amuro

vs namie amuro

the one in the 70s commercial with the long and straight hair..

Amuro_Namie_3.jpg

Guest Leni1430265175

WORTH IT?: - eh, yea.. its not too bad

Natural Hair type:

- fine

- straight

- medium but growing back now :D

-Virgin/Dyed : my mom used to die our hair black when we were young cuz she wanted us to look more asian.. but i dunno how we could look more asian cuz we are 100% asian :P haha.. but me and my sis had naturally brown hair.. so i went from natural brown/red to black to what i have now..

-Natural.. all natural

Hair color Before: jet black

Hair color After: still black but you can see the red/purple ^^

Bleach?: -nope

Hair Dye: fucci? is that what its called.. ?

Price: - $ - 6.99

Changes:

- Damage? - nope no damage..

- Texture change? - not texture change either

Description: my friend used the instruction package and did it for me in our dorm..

Comments: hrm.. i like it.. i have to keep redying it tho to get the same color cuz it fades soo quickly.. but.. yeah.. hrm.. if you want a really red/purple color i recommend bleaching it.. but i didnt wnat that cuz my momma would KILL me if it was completely different.. so i went light.. i liked it though.. you can tell the dif between the colors in the light.. :D it was a burnt brown/red with streaks of purple.. we left more dye on some strands :D ..

will post up pics later

Guest GiRlli3

this is my current hair color

bunhehe.jpg

I want to dye my hair soon but I don't know what color I shoud choose

this is me [change to a better picture of the color]

webcam200906201836.png

Which brand would you guys most recommend?

and what color I should dye?

Thank you

Guest xrhapsody

i just dyed my hair but the color didn't really come out like the picture in the box. i left it in for an hour or less. should i have used a hair-dryer while waiting for the dye to set? i just left it in without any cover or anything else.
Depends on your natural/current hair color and the color the dye you used. If you have natural dark Asian hair and you wanted a color, I would try going way lighter than the actual color because if you get the dead on box of dye, it's not going to come out.

I tried a medium brownish red both with and without blow drying and they came out the same. Had to buy a lighter shade.

WORTH IT?: - YES

Natural Hair type:

- fine

- straight and curly

- long hair

-Dyed

-Permed

Hair color Before: Light Brown

Hair color After: Red

Bleach?: - no

Hair Dye:

Price: - £4.60

Changes: Straighter

Description: - Left to dye for 30 minutes

Comments: -very nice, yeah...

Your hair color came out so nice!

hey guys, I wanna dye my hair from black to caramel, and then get perm, do you think it's smart to do that?

or will it be a disaster?

I would say no, but it really depends on the amount of damage you're okay with. I get freaked out with the damage from just dying my hair alone, but I can't imagine dying and perming :/

this is my current hair color

I want to dye my hair soon but I don't know what color I shoud choose

this is me

Which brand would you guys most recommend?

and what color I should dye?

Thank you

Quite honestly, I think your hair looks amazing black. But if anything, maybe you could try a medium brown color.

Guest beautiie*smiile

what type of dye do I have to use to get this color?

34849_11.jpg

I wont be using bleach. And my hair is dark brown.

and what brand is recommend?

Archived