[Drama 2008] East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽

Guest kdramafanusa

omg just finished watching this over 4 days ... question the ending .... the family and such was it all a dream from Dong Chul mind ???

Anyone have or know the song played during Dong Wook (Song Seung Heon) death scene ?!?!

WOW Coolnuker!! you finished all 56 ep in 4 days!!!!! what a marathon :o:rolleyes:

well in regards to the ending... it was Dong Chul's dream/vision of his family... the reason why it could be a vision as well it's because he saw his child in Young Ran's arms :(

sad sad ending to an amazing journey :rolleyes:

the song that played when Dong Chul took his last breath was "No One Else" by Lee Seung Chul

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Coolnuker

WOW Coolnuker!! you finished all 56 ep in 4 days!!!!! what a marathon :o:rolleyes:

well in regards to the ending... it was Dong Chul's dream/vision of his family... the reason why it could be a vision as well it's because he saw his child in Young Ran's arms :(

sad sad ending to an amazing journey :rolleyes:

the song that played when Dong Chul took his last breath was "No One Else" by Lee Seung Chul

Thanks a lot :D ... somehow I can't stop when I get started and get addicted as usual with K.drama LOL and overall this serie was good even some parts were slow and dragging but I made it through ! Sad indeed... I'll miss the serie now since i'm over with it <_<:(

• 3 weeks later...

'EOE a masterpiece' even with the trials of reducing production costs... it is still an amazing and memorable drama :rolleyes:

http://news.nate.com/view/20091221n02356

[2009연예결산⑦] ‘에덴의 동쪽’부터 ‘아이리스’까지…대작 줄성공

경제투데이 원문 기사전송 2009-12-21 07:47

N2009122107415269701.jpg

2009 earnings Entertainment ⑦] From 'East of Eden' to 'Iris' ... a masterpiece by julseonggong

2009 above the streets of the theater production costs in the tens of billions in committed work after another, have emerged.

Production costs of money committed by the success of julyieo geodumyeo pungak the streets rang to the theater. Completion of the work of a major star would do the same hageoniwa yieun back to the production costs has increased exponentially. But this year alone, Song Seung Hun, Sojiseop, Park Yong-ha, Korean actor Lee Byung-hun and assistance to the streets to visit in 2009, including each of smoke colored tubes to enrich only a must have sewn.

Earlier this year, MBC 'East of Eden' finished the broadcast scores exceeded the 30% geodumyeo 'Song Seung Heon effect was to be realized. ₩25,000,000,000 originally planned as a masterpiece 'East of Eden cast pictures of the middle of the audience through a voluntary reduction and reduce production costs and reduce production costs 70 million won, 180 billion won is committed work.....

*TSH

http://www.chosunonline.com/entame/20091226000026

記事入力 : 2009/12/26 11:48:16

ヨン・ジョンフンが4年ぶり訪日で『エデンの東』ファンミ開催

625096731280233059.jpg

*rough translation

Yeon Jung-hoon visits Japan after four years held EOE fans meeting

- Actor YJH on 25th at 6:00 pm, 『Hallyu』 Special Events Christmas Night "East of Eden『 Yeon Jung Hoon Fan Meeting 』Special" was held in Tokyo Ota Kumin Hall Aprico Hall.

- MC Koshimura Tomokazu is voice actor (Japanese dubbed version of Cheol (Song Seung-heon). "DVD to see the Japanese version, Koshimura's voice was like a brother Cheol" praised YJH.

- Ep 12 Cheol reunited the scene in the story Wook was hurt, "I have a very sticky glue the blood, (Mr Seung-heon) so it was hard to stick," he said.

- Song Seung Heon cool to ride a bike, "That was taken in tow. In fact, Mr Seung Heon is not too good at riding a motorcycle", revealed some surprising facts.

- However says "Seung Heon is very gentle. Tough to everything. Cheol and Lee Dong Wook as the relationship of drama, his contact with me. And sometimes even interesting. A senior personally love and trust" showed feelings.

- In ep 20 there is the story of Cheol and Dong Wook in bed, talk about memories, "It's trying to depict the scene of brotherly love. The men cuddle with each other - it was a little hard (laughs)" he sprinkled with jokes.

I recently got hooked up with EOE cause the three main male leads are all my personal favourites =D After having a marathon of it, I have to admit I am kind of lost. Am I the only one confused by the show cause the end of an episode doesnt coincide with the start of the next one.. T.T

and from the posts abv I just realized that DC died in the end. OMG. =( I love him and YR couple TTM. shall I continue with the drama? currently left with 10 more episodes.. oh mann...

http://www.dramafever.com/blog/2009/12/ess...ong-seung-heon/

Dec 25, 2009/Posted by Tiffny

Song_Seung_Heon_1.jpg

Essential Actors: Song Seung Heon

Every few years, an actor bursts into the spotlight and captivates audiences whenever they grace the screen. With rugged manly looks, boyish charm and incredible acting skills, it seems that South Korea's Song Seung Heon is that actor.

Like most in the Korean entertainment industry, Song Seung Heon started his career as a model back in 1995 at the age of 19. He soon moved on to acting in several dramas for networks MBC and SBS. Shortly thereafter, he landed his first film role in the movie Calla, which introduced him to fans en masse.

The pivotal point in his career as a Kdrama actor came when he starred in the first of the 'Four Seasons' or 'Endless Love' series titled, 'Autumn In My Heart'. This drama was so successful that it, along with the three other 'Seasons' dramas are credited with igniting the Hallyu flame across Asia, and subsequently abroad into western countries.

Following the success of 'Autumn In My Heart', Song Seung Heon then went on to star in 'Summer Scent' (another Four Seasons series) which paved the way for more successful movie and drama roles, ultimately landing him a starring role in the biggest budget production Kdrama has seen to date, the epic 'East of Eden'.

An all around compelling tale, Song Seung Heon steered 'East of Eden' into the hearts of many new and old fans as its lead male. As evidence of his skillful acting, he ended up winning the Popular Actor, Best Couple, and Grand Prize awards at the 2008 MBC Drama Awards. It's safe to say Song Seung Heon is one of South Korea's most talented and adored actors.

Showing his versatility, Song Seung Heon also has starred in feature films between his stints on dramas, most notably, the 2004 romantic comedy 'He Was Cool' and the gangster themed 'Fate' in 2007. Currently, he has been cast in 'The Invincible', a rendition of the Hong Kong film noir, 'A Better Tomorrow', which is slated for a big budget release for 2010.

While the wait for the release of his current project is sure to be well rewarded, check him out in 'East of Eden', right here on DramaFever to see for yourself what all the fuss is about. Without a doubt, you will agree that his intense performance is one for the ages.

*TSH

and from the posts abv I just realized that DC died in the end. OMG. =( I love him and YR couple TTM. shall I continue with the drama? currently left with 10 more episodes.. oh mann...

ohhh tlnrs, don't give up... EOE is an amazing journey... yes, unfortunately DC will die in the end (sorry for many spoilers, but the drama ended March of 2009 already), in EOE... "love wins in the end" that's what is most important :rolleyes:

Guest zephyr

this drama started out good but just went downhill when they screwed up LDH's character. i think they killed off DC for the sake of justifying kdrama endings ( you know someone has to die). that was it no other reason.

this drama started out good but just went downhill when they screwed up LDH's character. i think they killed off DC for the sake of justifying kdrama endings ( you know someone has to die). that was it no other reason.

from Writer Na her self she said that she "intended" Lee Dong Chul to die in the end... i don't think Dong Chul dying was just "for the sake of justifying" anything other than what the drama actually portrayed... that Dong Chul loved his brother Dong Wook so much that he'd willing to be the person to stand before a bullet and die instead of him in the end

East of Eden is a being sold to more countries for airing than the recent hits like Brilliant Legacy, IRIS, Queen Seon Deok and others... despite LDH leaving the set... EOE still being talked about and written about being an "epic" drama by many bloggers and news writers in many countries like China, Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia and the U.S

for East of Eden to be memorialized by Lotte World Star Avenue and be given a booth to be immortalized next to Jumong and Jewel In The Palace speaks volume B)

but hey, what do i know... i'm just a fan of the lead actor of the drama right ;)

Guest kazenai

from Writer Na her self she said that she "intended" Lee Dong Chul to die in the end... i don't think Dong Chul dying was just "for the sake of justifying" anything other than what the drama actually portrayed... that Dong Chul loved his brother Dong Wook so much that he'd willing to be the person to stand before a bullet and die instead of him in the end

East of Eden is a being sold to more countries for airing than the recent hits like Brilliant Legacy, IRIS, Queen Seon Deok and others... despite LDH leaving the set... EOE still being talked about and written about being an "epic" drama by many bloggers and news writers in many countries like China, Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia and the U.S

for East of Eden to be memorialized by Lotte World Star Avenue and be given a booth to be immortalized next to Jumong and Jewel In The Palace speaks volume B)

but hey, what do i know... i'm just a fan of the lead actor of the drama right ;)

Agreed 100% ! you took the words right out of my mouth.

I've watch a lot of 50 episode long dramas or revenge driven melodrama titles, and NOTHING beats the Epic EoE. The budget and sets made it look so grand and real. I mean...they built an entire place for it! and the wardrobe and OST was $$$ top notch.

It deserves a lot of praise and I'm still dissapointed that Baeksang Awards did not take this title in consideration because of MBC's Award winners.

Agreed 100% ! you took the words right out of my mouth.

I've watch a lot of 50 episode long dramas or revenge driven melodrama titles, and NOTHING beats the Epic EoE.

ohhhhh becareful dear kazenai... you might be branded a "loser" for even liking East of Eden to begin with :lol:

let alone calling it an "epic" drama :o you must be a brave soompier B)

The budget and sets made it look so grand and real. I mean...they built an entire place for it! and the wardrobe and OST was $$$ top notch.

while East of Eden was early in its run... the global economy went south and many drastic financial problems it faced

but all the cast was really really considerate in reducing their salaries so that the drama can run smoothly

i can't speak for the other actors and actresses, but i remember reading that Song Seung Heon reduces his pay to almost half of what was owed to him... and as reported, he said that MBC officials can just give him his cut after the drama has "finished" airing... WOW WOW!!! :o SSH so considerate :blush:

It deserves a lot of praise and I'm still dissapointed that Baeksang Awards did not take this title in consideration because of MBC's Award winners.

the most important thing... East of Eden will be remembered by many for its "amazing journey" :rolleyes:

ohhhhh becareful dear kazenai... you might be branded a "loser" for even liking East of Eden to begin with :lol:

let alone calling it an "epic" drama :o you must be a brave soompier B)

while East of Eden was early in its run... the global economy went south and many drastic financial problems it faced

but all the cast was really really considerate in reducing their salaries so that the drama can run smoothly

i can't speak for the other actors and actresses, but i remember reading that Song Seung Heon reduces his pay to almost half of what was owed to him... and as reported, he said that MBC officials can just give him his cut after the drama has "finished" airing... WOW WOW!!! :o SSH so considerate :blush:

the most important thing... East of Eden will be remembered by many for its "amazing journey" :rolleyes:

Hi 2uss .I readed and I learned so much about EOE in this thread , but i don't think that i have one post here . So , here i am .

EOE is the curent drama i am watching . Like i say , I was blocked at chapter 13 , but today i will definetley remediate this thing .

I started to watch it because our dear SSH is in the cast . But , the story it's interesting . I readed that some people give up on EOE because it's too complicated to understand . For me it's easy . You must be focused and nothing else . For me it's amazing EOE . It is a transmition between you and the story . Their feelings touch my heart . How can i say that ...hmm ... Transmit emotions .

I've been readed about actors reducing their salaries . Wow !!!

So lucky the people who can watch on tv . Anyway , my country , Ro , rules that one , Jewel in the palace . I don't know how is that possible , because it's the first k drama . It's so hard to see a k movie or drama with roumanian subtitle .

I was thinking . I will write to the roumanian television , and ask for the possibility to run EOE after Jewel in the palace . I heard that this one now is running in Hungary too .

I try to promote EOE in my country on forums and tell about my friends , but many of them don't understand english . And all the drama and movies i am watching are with english subtilte . I'm sure , my husband ( he understand but not all ) would look too , my mother , friends ... <_<

I started to watch it because our dear SSH is in the cast . But , the story it's interesting . I readed that some people give up on EOE because it's too complicated to understand . For me it's easy . You must be focused and nothing else . For me it's amazing EOE . It is a transmition between you and the story . Their feelings touch my heart . How can i say that ...hmm ... Transmit emotions

hi dany... of course people do not have to watch a drama that doesn't interest them... EOE is not for everyone, it's a malodrama of that very sense... and there isn't a lot of "happy scenes" in it... so it's understandable that people might tune out of it... even while EOE was running live, it faced a lot of different dramas as its competitions... but i'm proud to say that EOE never lost its "core" audience while it was running... in fact it steadily gained audience until the very end...

I've been readed about actors reducing their salaries . Wow !!!

yup, the drama was in trouble financially in the early goings of the production, but everything turned out ok ;)

I try to promote EOE in my country on forums and tell about my friends , but many of them don't understand english . And all the drama and movies i am watching are with english subtilte . I'm sure , my husband ( he understand but not all ) would look too , my mother , friends ... <_<

WOW dany, if you are successful in having EOE to run in your home country, Romania, then you'll be in the middle

of spreading the hallyu wave in that country :PB) and many Romanians will love EOE and Kdrama in general if

it were to happen :rolleyes: i hope you'll succeed

Guest kazenai

Lol

2uss, I'm a proud East Of Eden fan, regardless of what other people say.I hope to see writer Na Yoon Suk's next project , but unfortunately it seems that she won't be doing anymore works :(

Am I the only one wishing that East of Eden was a set of novel series (available in english) ? I mean, QSD got that treatment (but not in English) ...why can't EoE get it? I say...we should do this as english literature! it would be less boring ! Epic stories or stories which span over years are the best.

This is why I can't wait for Road no.1 (since it takes place in the old times of the way!)

Lol

2uss, I'm a proud East Of Eden fan, regardless of what other people say.

here here B)B)

I hope to see writer Na Yoon Suk's next project , but unfortunately it seems that she won't be doing anymore works :(

writer Na is in her late 60s and has history of health ailments

what she needs now is rest...and once she's in her full health i'm sure she will start writing again

for her next "epic" project

as far as i know she only wrote one project... and that was "East of Eden" :rolleyes:

Am I the only one wishing that East of Eden was a set of novel series (available in english) ? I mean, QSD got that treatment (but not in English) ...why can't EoE get it? I say...we should do this as english literature! it would be less boring ! Epic stories or stories which span over years are the best.

i have the same wish... but fans must understand the monumental task to get EOE done... from the production staff to the actors and actresses to the logistic of it all.. it would be difficult to make into another drama... but of course if there's money maybe it can happen...but for me, i'd rather have writer Na to continue the series, even though it doesn't relate at all to EOE drama... it could be a completely different story... i'd still want that to happen :rolleyes:

This is why I can't wait for Road no.1 (since it takes place in the old times of the way!)

i can't wait for Ro.1... SSH's good friend SJS will be playing the lead role :D

I hope too , that somebody will look for my ask or opinion . I write to the television TVR , the national Roumanian post who was running Jewel in the palace . They maybe will read my message . I really hope . I am asking for EOE , for that reason. It's not for everyone, but for all ages . My grandmother too , watched Jewel in the palace and my aunts , too . And I know younger ( highschool students too ) who watched it . I am curious if TVR are focused now of korean drama or not . Oh , and another reason for EOE is that is longer than other . Roumanians are used to see a lot of spanish ( mexican , venezuela , argentina , etc ) telenovels . And these have up to 100 episods . So , would be a sock to run a 16 chapter's drama :lol:

So , u can be proud of me , because of me , a lot a roumanians watched korean dramas and movies . And also , i'm about to open more topics about my favorits . :P

On Kudika.ro another forum , when i open the Korea drama thread , a lot of people congratulated me . They know about , every day more and more persons . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Even until now , i didn't wathced the 13 chapter of EOE :angry: . I haven't time ... Maybe , today ???!!!!!

Guest kazenai

Ah....MBC should hire us as there marketing associates! LOL LOL

Writer Na would become famous internatiionally!

@dany28, goodluck! I hope they accept your request... In NA (Canada), all the korean channels viewings are by purchase (cable) and I think OMNI doesn't air any korean programs, I wish I could request it to them.

I think EoE would be a massive hit all around Asia (Even the non-oriental parts) As I'm aware, most asian countries have the same moral & sentimental values that are tested in EoE. I am sure from the North to South they'd fall in love with it considering they all share the same type of cinematic scripts.

Although I am still unsure about America (the entire typical American audience who love shows like Desperate Housewives, 90210, Lost ...etc) itself, I think America wouldn't like its overtone of melodrama and safe tv aproach.

Ah....MBC should hire us as there marketing associates! LOL LOL

Writer Na would become famous internatiionally!

@dany28, goodluck! I hope they accept your request... In NA (Canada), all the korean channels viewings are by purchase (cable) and I think OMNI doesn't air any korean programs, I wish I could request it to them.

I think EoE would be a massive hit all around Asia (Even the non-oriental parts) As I'm aware, most asian countries have the same moral & sentimental values that are tested in EoE. I am sure from the North to South they'd fall in love with it considering they all share the same type of cinematic scripts.

Although I am still unsure about America (the entire typical American audience who love shows like Desperate Housewives, 90210, Lost ...etc) itself, I think America wouldn't like its overtone of melodrama and safe tv aproach.

Kazenai - You're right . They should hire us ... :rolleyes: I'm really a marketer . I gratuated Economic Science University :D

So , in US , people see the k dramas and movies by purchase ? I was thinking that Canada and US have k channels .We don't have in Roumania and Portugal either . My husband was installed something and i was able to see MBC and others channels on my PC - but i don't understand korean ( just a few words ) , so it's useless .

Now i saw that rules the second korean drama , Yi San - at least this one is newest ( 2007 ) .

I wrote to TVR1 yesterday , to the Film Department . I hope they will respond to me .

So , i wrote off topic and i am sorry , but i want to tell you one more think . I saw the comments there on TVR site . A lot of people are impressed and glad for the two k dramas . They want more . A lot of people say that they now are searching for other on the internet , but short of them are understanding english , so they request the dramas for television :)

I saw just like WOW and "will remain in the same South Korean space?" , " ... was a delight " etc.

You must see this page

http://www.pocandpoch.com/korean-dramas-on...e-1#comment-546

It is in english , and the writer is a roumanian . ( you even can leave a comment there )

Finaly i saw the 13th chapter of EOE , last night . And then 14 and 15 . I styed at episode 16 . It was really late already :P

Kisses ! :)

So , in US , people see the k dramas and movies by purchase ? I was thinking that Canada and US have k channels .We don't have in Roumania and Portugal either . My husband was installed something and i was able to see MBC and others channels on my PC - but i don't understand korean ( just a few words ) , so it's useless .

Now i saw that rules the second korean drama , Yi San - at least this one is newest ( 2007 ) .

I wrote to TVR1 yesterday , to the Film Department . I hope they will respond to me .

a lot of EOE fans watched the drama live or soon after it was aired back then, many download the drama episode by episode through torrent sites and fan sharing upload websites like aja aja

but i was telling you that it isn't a bad idea to buy the EOE box set DVD because its a nice drama to own

of course if you're financial situation allows you to :P

So , i wrote off topic and i am sorry , but i want to tell you one more think . I saw the comments there on TVR site . A lot of people are impressed and glad for the two k dramas . They want more . A lot of people say that they now are searching for other on the internet , but short of them are understanding english , so they request the dramas for television :)

I saw just like WOW and "will remain in the same South Korean space?" , " ... was a delight " etc.

ohhh these are good news... hopefully more kdramas to air on that station soon :rolleyes:

Finaly i saw the 13th chapter of EOE , last night . And then 14 and 15 . I styed at episode 16 . It was really late already :P

ohhhh 3 episodes in a row!!! nice nice :D

Archived