Joo Jinmo 주진모

wolanah

Guest meelis

Welcome to Soompi, @Chrrriiistinee, I'm glad you joined us here, I've seen you around in Twitter, I'm not very active there myself, feeling too limited by the 140 characters. I prefer it here where we can write as much as we want.:lol:

@lucy13880, my bet is on fishing, I'm sure @QuercusL will soon find his pics at the fishing site, which was our primary source of info about him last summer.:P

@NakaiKana, welcome to you too! Yes, I'd also like to see JJM in a writer Noh drama again. I couldn't really appreciate Sad Temptation, because I've only seen an unsubbed version while it was available in Youtube, people say that the dialogues are very important with her. Apparently, she's heading to TvN for her next drama, @salijoo saw such rumor. 

Yupp... It's Sad Temptation.:)

WOW That drama is so so so great! You have watched it, right?

It's a pity it doesn't have English subs only Chinese subs so many of our friends here can't enjoy it.

It's a wonderful drama! Like a movie!

56edadbcgw1eudz1hec4fj20go0cg75g.jpg

Edited by lucy13880
  • Like 4

Guest Chrrriiistinee

Thank you @meelis!:wub: I'm not active neither but trying to get some JJM updates from you guys. But Soompi looks like is an alternative or a better way to get closer with all of you and JJM. I'm a rookie so bear with me! :vicx: I totally agree with you, Twitter word limit is disgusting, Soompi is way better ^_^

Thank you @meelis!:wub: I'm not active neither but trying to get some JJM updates from you guys. But Soompi looks like is an alternative or a better way to get closer with all of you and JJM. I'm a rookie so bear with me! :vicx: I totally agree with you, Twitter word limit is disgusting, Soompi is way better ^_^

Yeah! I only use twitter to upload some important images. It's more interesting to put JJM things in soompi you know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. 주진모 "살 찌워도 얼굴 작아서 티 안나"

img_20150724155532_7dff5c3e.jpg
JTBC '사랑하는 은동아' 홈페이지

"시나리오를 읽고 기존과는 다른 모습 다른 자세를 보여드려야겠다고 생각했다. 이번에 살을 7~8kg 정도 찌웠는데 옷을 입으면 티가 별로 안나는 것 같다. 아마 얼굴이 작아 그런 것 같다" (영화 '친구2' 기자 간담회)

• Like 2

Guest meelis

Agree with you both about Twitter, girls, but still it's an excellent means of communication, so let's meet there too.:)

5Hy37K.jpg

http://iconosquare.com/p/1034393470578057576_1089059727

T-shirt by Carte Blanche

usSsSX.jpg

http://iconosquare.com/p/1035153190807212276_1236302883

I just realized that there's one very important thing missing in this thread, the Dispatch report about the visit to MLE's set for JJM. I'll try to find it in the MLE thread and will transfer it here. 

Guest Chrrriiistinee

My Love Eun Dong OST album

Ahh... Im thinking if i should buy the MLE OST Album :crazy: It costs me around 34 Aud.:o 

Guest meelis

WOW, that was tough (and long), thank you to @salijoo for posting it and to @seungshin for translating the captions!

YKx1Xi.png

Dispatch followed Joo Jin-mo on set!

DX4xQt.jpg

'Eun Dong-i' of South Korea let's yell it out loud .

Ji Eun Ho / Hyun Soo / Oppa ?

RPAbZU.jpg

The man who made 'Eun Dong-i' out of all women of South Korea.

The man who barged~ into our hearts without even a knock.

zZ2w6r.jpg

This is no other than the actor Joo Jin Mo.

But this man is having a very difficult time being faced with the biggest crisis (danger) of his life?

KYVFQt.jpg

He finds Eun Dong-i after 10 years but her husband attempts to commit suicide...

Aht!  We've spotted the golden boy

H0xbLr.jpg

[Dispatch=김수지기자] 역대급 짠내 폭발 캐릭터 입니다. 이제 '지은호'라는 이름만 들어도, 가슴이 먹먹~. 그의 직진 사랑은  이대로 멈추는 걸까요?

[Dispatch=Reporter Kim Suji] He is an explosive character in the acting world.  Now even hearing the name 'Ji Eun Ho' makes our hearts tighten~.  Will his straight arrow love come to a sudden stop?

지은호는 말입니다. 인생 자체가 온통 은동이입니다. 은동이 때문에 사람이 되고, 배우가 되고…. 하지만 그의 사랑은 다시금 위기에 빠졌습니다.

The thing is for Eun Ho, his life itself is all Eun Dong-i.  He became a man because of Eun Dong-i, then an actor...  However his love has once agains fallen into a great danger. 

단, 2회 남았습니다. 그래서 '디스패치'가 지난 14일 파주를 찾았습니다. jTBC 드라마 '사랑하는 은동아'(연출 이태곤·극본 백미경) 촬영 현장입니다.

There are only 2 episodes left.  So 'the Dispatch' went to see him in Paju on the 14th.  This is the filming set of 'My Love Eun Dong.' (PD Lee Tae Gon, Writer Baek Mi Kyung).

zkuZf2.jpg

일단, 한 번이라도 본 사람은…. '사랑하는 은동아'를 올해 최고의 드라마로 꼽습니다. 그들의 첫사랑은 보고만 있어도 먹먹합니다. 가슴이 아리죠.

First, anyone who's seen it once... has chosen 'My Love Eun Dong' as the best drama of the year.  Their first love story makes you speechless just looking at it.  Your hearts will tighten.

특히 주진모의 절절한 사랑 연기가 압권입니다. 진부(?)한 대사, 예를 들어 "너 지금 어디 있는거니?"도 주진모의 입을 거치면 애잔할 뿐입니다.

Especially, Joo Jin Mo's intense acting is the highlight.  An authentic (?) script, for example, something like 'where are you now?' when they pass through Joo Jin Mo's lips they become sorrowful.

이 순정남의 연기는요, 그냥 나오는 게 아니었습니다. 16년차 배우지만, 그의 손에는 늘 대본이 있습니다. 촬영 직전까지 보고 또 보며 감정을 잡았습니다.

This pure man's acting you know, it doesn't just happen.  Even after 16 years, his script is always in his hands.  He reads it over and over right up to the filming time working on his emotions.

FIrneU.jpg

He becomes 'Ji Eun Ho.'

pb6Kb0.jpg

'fire' 'flame' 'eye' 'shine' = Fiery eyes

bKaLfj.jpg

이제 리허설 현장으로 가보겠습니다. 침대에 누워 매니저 고동규(김민호 분)와 이야기를 나누는 장면입니다. 그런데 저 기럭지 좀 보세요.

We will now go to the film set.  It's a scene where he's lying on the bed talking to his manager Go Dong Gyu (Kim Min Ho).  Just look at that length of his.

WE ARE GOING IN (to the film set) NOW >

m01TpF.jpg

"Even the way he looks at his staff"

0drdGb.jpg

'It's full of emotion.'

Axhit7.jpg

"My Love~"

XKZbAv.jpg

"Manager-ya!"

OdRgKI.jpg

"Hyungnim, please close your eyes"

qf6K1B.jpg

주진모의 연습은 계속됐습니다. 이번에는 쇼파에 누워 전화를 받는 씬입니다. 누군가의 목소리에 깜짝 놀라는 연기인데요. 순식간에 감정을 몰입시켰습니다.

Joo Jin Mo's practice continues.  This is a scene where he answers the phone on his sofa.  He is supposed to be startled by the call.  In an instant he brings out the emotion.

7Tv1OD.jpg

"His practice is just like real scene"

GJBssX.jpg

"Who is it exactly?"

EYvTtI.jpg

"He looks so serious?"

H2ENbO.jpg

자, 이번에는 대한민국 남성분들 집중하세요. 진짜 '은동이' 김사랑을 만날 차례 입니다. 요즘 김사랑은 눈물이 마를 새가 없습니다. 왜냐고요?

Now, the men of South Korea pay attention.  It is now time to meet the real 'Eun Dong-i.  Her tears have no time to dry these days.  Why?

☞ 자, 여기서 '사랑하는 은동아' 복습에 들어갑니다. 어떤 사연이냐면요?

Ok, right here, let's review 'My Love Eun Dong'.  What's their story?

① 은동이가 재호의 강요로 한 차에 타게 됩니다. 그리고 교통사고를 당하죠.

1. Eun Dong gets forced into Jae Ho's car and gets into an accident.

② 이 사고로 은동이는 기억상실, 재호는 하반신 마비가 됐습니다.

2. From that accident, Eun Dong suffers a memory loss and Jae Ho becomes paralyzed waste down.

③ 은동은 재호(김태훈 분)의 거짓말에 속아 부부 생활을 합니다.

3. Eun Dong falls into Jae Ho's (Kim Tae Hoon) lies and lives with him as a husband and wife.

④ 어느날 은동은 톱스타 지은호의 자서전을 대필하게 됩니다.

4. One day Eun Dong becomes the ghostwriter of the top star Ji Eun Ho.

⑤ 그렇게 서서히 기억이 돌아오고, 알고보니 지은호가 현수 오빠였던 겁니다.

5. Through that her memory slowly comes back and realizes Ji Eun Ho is Hyun Soo oppa.

⑥ 모든 걸 잃은 재호는 결국 자살 시도를 하죠.

6.  Having lost everything Jae Ho attempts suicide.

⑥ 지금은, 여.기.까.지.

6 again, this is where we are.

vRaJYZ.jpg

15회 예고 중 한 장면입니다. 사진만 봐도, 가슴에 쥐가 난다고요? 실제 촬영장도 그랬습니다. 주진모와 김사랑의 열연이 돋보였는데요.

This is the scene from the preview of Episode 15.  Your heart clamps just looking at the photo?  It was the same in the film set.  It really was.  It highlighted the intense acting of the love between Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Rang.  

BTFio2.jpg

여기서 잠깐,
스포 대신 스틸!
리허설 장면을 훔쳤습니다.

Just for a moment,

a still photo!

We stole a rehearsal scene.  

7bxSDx.jpg

"감정 잡았나요?"

"Have you got your emotions under control?"

김사랑은 금방이라도, 무너질 듯합니다. 위태로워 보이죠? 주진모는 그런 김사랑은 안타까운 눈빛으로 바라봅니다. 두 사람의 리허설 현장입니다.

Kim Sa Rang looks like she will collapse any time.  She looks to be in danger right?  Joo Jin Mo looks at Kim Sa Rang with such torment in his eyes.  It's the rehearsal set.

7xTmmZ.jpg

"Even just looking at it"

MkkGt4.jpg

"Makes your heart ache"

XVUM0V.jpg

"Even the rehearsal looks sad huh?"

zRiThp.jpg

"The rest is right on target"

igCm5s.jpg

아들 라일(박민수 분)이와 촬영을 이어갔습니다. 주진모의 가슴 아픈 부성애 연기도 화제인데요. 라일이가 재호를 친아빠로 알고 있기 때문입니다.

He continued on filming with his son Ra il (Park Min Soo). His heart breaking fatherly love is a story in itself because Ra il knows Jae Ho as his real father.

실제 촬영은 어땠냐고요? 주진모는 아들 바보였습니다. 박민수의 곁에서 떠나지 않았습니다. 박민수의 특급 연기를 지도하는 선생님이 되기도 했고요.

You want to know how the filming was like?  Joo Jin Mo was a father full (crazy about son father).  He never left Park Min Soo's side.  He because the teacher that directed Park Min Soo's top level acting too.

nLdBpC.jpg

"Father fool (babo) Joo Jin Mo"

ce8ohY.jpg

"Shining eyes father and son are born"

nheS7T.gif

"Do we look alike a bit?"

YrL3A2.jpg

주진모의 활약은 여기서 끝이 아닙니다. 저기 엄청난 박스로 말할 것 같으면? 더위로 고생하는 스태프를 위해 주진모가 직접 준비한 도시락과 운동화입니다.

Joo Jin Mo's action does not stop here.  Should we talk about those enormous boxes?  They are filled with lunch and running shoes Joo Jin Mo put together himself for the staff who have been working hard in hot temperatures.  

사실 '사랑하는 은동아' 팬이라면, 이 장면 기억날 겁니다.

If you are really a fan of 'My Love Eun Dong' you will remember this scene.

aRYKmv.jpg

"Eun Dong Ah" (Ji Eun Ho)

0PqeEy.jpg

"Ah! He will donate 100 pairs of eun dong wha"

But he really did it!

8QMQwC.jpg

"They are Eun Dong Hwa (Eun Dong-ah)"

xs7ezY.jpg

"It's on me"

cg3mr8.jpg

"My Love ~ "

UsQOJc.jpg

"Eun Dong Hwa (Eun Dong ah)"

☞ 마지막으로 '은동이' 팀이 전하는 'PS' 입니다.

This is the last 'PS' from the "Eun Dong-i" Team.

xJdWz1.jpg

"My Love Eun Dong is"

5EBxyW.gif

"Tonight at 8:40 (8:30) pm."

BU6ZvH.jpg

"If you don't see it tonight"

VNzD1b.jpg

"Eun Dong-i will cry"

Edited by meelis

Guest meelis

Thank you, @lucy13880! So please refer to the original link for bigger pics: http://www.dispatch.co.kr/333924

And to this link for k-netz comments below: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=433&aid=0000010600

I'm sure there was a translation of a part of the comments somewhere in the MLE thread, but I don't seem to find it now. Anyway.

OK, tried to fix the spoilers in the above post, but it didn't work. Will just leave it like this. 

Here is also the compilation of Soompi fan messages to JJM, thank you for organizing the poll and compiling the messages, @vvpal! (of course, I missed the deadline for posting a message back then:()

Here's a compilation of the fan messages to JJM:

1. Congrats on finally receiving the recognition you deserved. This drama is tailor-made for you and KSH sshi. Never watched your work but boy, I am your fan now. Fighting!
  2. Do you have an older brother (Hyung) who is single?
  3. i enjoy watching mled .. your acting is fabulous w/ksr...good chemistry u both.. God Bless.
  4. I love you!
  5. I lurveee you, Hyun Soo Oppa ♥♥♥♥ I will miss your sexy voice.
  6. "International fan from Houston Texas saying hello and have followed your works since I got hook into Kdrama, Love your role as the lead in MLED how may girls would love to have a love pure and so full of emotion like you gave in your scenes you made me cry for you so many times which is rare for me I never cry watching dramas like I did with this one.. There wasn't one scene that you did show your range of acting skill Kudos you have a fan for life and will be looking forward to your next project..
  7. BTW loved you in Buchmoo and Empress Ki"
  8. I've watch you at Queen of the Game and I love how you portrayed your character there. But with MLED you were able to show how great actor you are. Hopefully I will see more of you in this kind of drama
  9. "Joo Jin Mo-ssi, thank you for taking on this role of Park Hyeon Soo and giving us viewers an excellent performance beyond our wildest imagination.
  10. You are talented, hot, charming, good-looking, playful, loving and passionate in your work. Thank you for giving us your BEST performance. We look forward to more!

11. PS: (can I whisper in your ear?) KSR is very beautiful, sexy and talented. She is uber compatible with you. The two of you make an awesome couple, in looks, personality and talent. Please be our man and DATE her already! You will both become a new K-Ent Power Couple who will receive lots of love."
  12. marry ksr
  13. more
  14. Oppa Sarang hae!
  15. please date KSR in real
  16. Please pick up a movie next time ^ ^
  17. You are an outstanding actor! I have enjoyed all the projects that I have seen you in. Continue the good work! Blessings always.
  18. You are one amazing actor. Thank you.
  19. You have put in a most excellent portrayal of Hyun Soo/Eun Ho. Love your performance and wish you great happiness and an excellent award for your acting!
  20. your great and you give justice to the rule as PSH/JEH.... your very handsome and YOU and KSR have a great chemistry on screen and off screen.... BRAVO AND JUST TAKE GOOD CARE OF KSR..
Edited by meelis

Thank you, @lucy13880! So please refer to the original link for bigger pics: http://www.dispatch.co.kr/333924

And to this link for k-netz comments below: http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=433&aid=0000010600

I'm sure there was a translation of a part of the comments somewhere in the MLE thread, but I don't seem to find it now. Anyway.

@meelis this is the one I translated for the MLED thread which @lucy13880 posted above here.

Edited by seungshin
  • Like 2

Guest meelis

@seungshin, I know, I know, what I meant is the translation of the knetz comments below the article, think someone posted it in the MLE thread, but maybe I'm wrong, in any case it's difficult to search the thread for something specific, because there were too many comments between episodes 15 and 16. :)

Hello JJM fans! Im Chris who's also a fan of JJM, this is my first time posting and joining Soompi. Im kind of a "quiet" fan who gives support quietly, I decided however to join Soompi and have some fun with all the JJM fans to get to know more about JJM! My first impression of JJM was in 200 pounds beauty and i was only 10 years old back then! 200 pounds beauty was my first Korean Movie and I loved him n Kim ah joong. Till then, I was fallen for his character (WangYoo) in Empress Ki again. I was impressed by his top notch voice acting and eyes acting. Hah, I did not realise he was the one in 200 pounds beauty (bcos i was too young back then) and I have no idea that i would love him again after many years. His deep voice attracted me at first because I'm a fan of an American voice actor Troy Baker, their voice are very similar. Since im busy studying at Uni I'll try to be active and share all the info. about JJM with you guys! Oh! I'm very happy to help with translations too and i know 4 languages (Mandarin, Cantonese, Malays and English)! My first post seems too long :P. I wanna thanks everyone who shares everything about JJM, especially salijoo, Applepaipai, Quercus L and Jei Em Park who give me updates at Twitter and Facebook. Nice to meet you all and cant wait to talk to you guys! 

P/S: I miss MLE already :/

Hello chingu so can I ask your help to translate JJM's feelings after MLED wraps up? C-fans had translated it. Hope I won't scare you cause I so quickly ask your help, hehe. I'd better translate it by myself but I think you will do a better job than me.:lol:

就在刚才几分钟前 拍完了最后一个镜头
站在摄像头前面 觉得没有什么真实感
心里很激动 很多感慨
真的不再拍了吗 很多这样的想法一下子涌上来
再过一段时间 可能会有真实感
现在因为刚结束 很伤感地互相打了招呼 还觉得不太真实
想说直到电视剧的最后一个镜头都用心拍了
对一直喜爱《亲爱的恩东啊》的观众们非常感谢
比起以前任何一部作品 这次好像一下子得到很多人的喜爱
这样的情况对我来说好像是第一次 觉得很高兴
所以好像为了做得更好 更加努力了
应该要好好报答大家给我的喜爱才对 我也很好奇会怎么样
和以前固有的形象不同 挑战了池恩浩这样一个角色
因为有新的挑战 有了很好的反应
作为一个演员 想要继续挑战新的形象 准备下一部作品 得到了很大勇气
最后 非常非常感谢大家喜爱恩东直到最后

• Like 2

@seungshin, I know, I know, what I meant is the translation of the knetz comments below the article, think someone posted it in the MLE thread, but maybe I'm wrong, in any case it's difficult to search the thread for something specific, because there were too many comments between episodes 15 and 16. :)

Sorry @meelis, I didn't realize that's what you meant :)  Here is the translation of the comments. (Please excuse the formatting, copy and pasting from Naver usually creates havoc in Soompi post).

[디패 Go] "이 오빠, 절절하다"…주진모, '은동아'의 감정몰입 

• [DPae Go] 'this oppa is very affectionate'.. 'Eun Dong Ah' 's Joo Jin Mo, concentrated emotion

• medi****주진모가 진짜 남자답게 시원시원하게 잘생겼지... (Joo Jin Mo is really manly refreshingly handsome...)

tjdw****2회밖에 안남다니... 안본사람은 있어도 한번만본사람은 없을듯 ㅠㅠ 사은동은 사랑입니당..❤️ 은동이화이팅!!!n (Only two episodes left... there might be people whose never sent it but none who would have seen it once... he he he...MLED is Love...(heart)...Eung Dong ! Fighting !!!

jh89****눈빛으로 모든걸끝냄.. 해피엔딩이길바랄뿐!! (He finishes everything with his eyes.... only hope for happy ending !!)

kjgt****주진모 때려부터 하나도 빠짐없이 드라마 다 봤는데 연기 너무 잘함 ..외모도 훈훈 좀 더 화 떴으면 좋겠다 (I've watching everythiing Joo Jin Mo is in.  He's so good at acting.  So good looking too.  Hope he becomes more popular).

robb****주진모는 키만좀 더 컸어도 진짜 완벽한데.. 남자가봐도 존나 잘생겼음 (If he was a little taller he would be perfect.  He's so goodlooking speaking as a man) 

Edited by seungshin
  • Like 6

Guest meelis

Oh, @seungshin, so sorry, I guess I was wrong, the comments were never translated before, I didn't mean to bother you translating them now, after all the hard work you've done for MLE! But thank you so much you did! It goes without saying that I love the comments.:P 

Guest Chrrriiistinee

@lucy13880 Don't feel shy to ask for any help :3, I'm very happy to do it! :D Eih, you can do it very well too!  ^_^ 

Please bear with me guys, this translation thing is a whole new adventure for me but still i will try my best! :o Feel free to correct me if there is any mistake. :tears:

JJM's feelings after MLED wraps up

I've just finished shooting my last scene few minutes ago, 

I feel unrealistic in front of the camera. 

There're lots of excitements and thoughts/feelings in my heart,

"This is it? No more shooting?" kind of thoughts keep appearing on my mind,

But I think it will be more realistic when time passes.

Because the shooting has just ended, we all feel unrealistic and sadly greeting each other.

What I wan't to say is I‘ve worked very hard and performed my best from the start till the end of shooting,

Thank you so much to all the viewers who love "My Love Eun Dong".

Compare to any of my previous projects, it seems like this is the first time that the drama I'm in is receiving so much love n supports by many others and I feel very happy about it. I will work a lot harder to have a better performance in return for all the love and support I have received.

I was curious what would happen If i challenge a completely different character (Chi Eun Ho) from the image I had before and the outcomes turned out great because of it.

As an actor, I've received many encouragements to keep on challenging many other different characters and prepare for the next project.

In the end, thank you so much to all of you who love "My Love Eun Dong" all the way.

@@NakaiKana, welcome to you too! Yes, I'd also like to see JJM in a writer Noh drama again. I couldn't really appreciate Sad Temptation, because I've only seen an unsubbed version while it was available in Youtube, people say that the dialogues are very important with her. Apparently, she's heading to TvN for her next drama, @salijoo saw such rumor. 

That's the reason why I wanted so badly for him to work with Writer Noh. She put a lot of thoughts in her dialogues, I thought JJM would be great in her drama because I love the way he carries his lines. Didnt know it already happened. :D Aaaah, I will hold on to the tiny hope the role will go to JJM. Even though I know  it's going to be unlikely. 

WOW That drama is so so so great! You have watched it, right?

It's a pity it doesn't have English subs only Chinese subs so many of our friends here can't enjoy it.

It's a wonderful drama! Like a movie!

Unfortunately, not yet. :( I havent seen most of his works. Only 200 pound beauty and a little of Queen of the Game.

Knetizens are hilarious! That one person who wished he was taller. :D

ETA: Thanks @Chrrriiistinee ! "This is it? No more shooting?"  I feel sad reading this. I guess it's a comfort he's going through withdrawals like the rest of us.

Edited by NakaiKana
  • Like 4

Oh, @seungshin, so sorry, I guess I was wrong, the comments were never translated before, I didn't mean to bother you translating them now, after all the hard work you've done for MLE! But thank you so much you did! It goes without saying that I love the comments.:P 

No worries. I knew the comments had not been translated.  I did it because I wanted to.  I don't translate anything unless I want to or have time to do it.  That's one prerogative I reserve for myself on being on Soompi!  :)

Edited by seungshin
  • Like 3

Guest meelis

No worries. I knew the comments had not been translated.  I did it because I wanted to.  I don't translate anything unless I want to or have time to do it.  That's one prerogative I reserve for myself on being on Soompi!  :)

Sure! I'm the same. That's my job actually, but outside of that, I only translate if I want to, usually for friends or if I like the thing to be translated. So thank you again!

EDIT: Forgot to add that unfortunately none of the languages I know is useful here in Soompi, otherwise I'd translate things here with pleasure.

@Chrrriiistinee, thank you to you too! So... I know what we're all curious about.. Does he sound like he has already a project in mind or is just speaking in general?:P  I can't decide for myself, could be both.

@NakaiKana, IKR, I thought the same, why exactly he needs to be taller?:blink:

Edited by meelis