Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2025: The Priest 2 (Dark Nuns) Upcoming Dramas 2025: Everything Will Come True (special appearance) & Show Business

Peachypie

Sooo agree.  Very well said @twtwb, meg, gina and everyone in this forum

The power of Kyo is much stronger than the lead actor in this drama.

I cannot see whats the fuss about the male Song, I really don’t find him attractive at all.

in my viewpoint  the Daniel character is much sexier and hotter than  him.  (my opinion, peace!)

SHK is the only reason Im watching this drama. No one else.

I think Korean fans love SHK  , but not as much as the love and adoration of International fans.

I sincerely hope SHK  knows this fact.

• Like 11

[Drama Review] "Descendants of the Sun" Episode 6

This is seriously baffling. "Descendants of the Sun" episode 6 blasted ratings precedents with 28.5%. The drama is most definitely not about action and is all about the romance, the Song Joong-ki stare, and the manufactured drama. I admit to welcoming the earthquake and the chaos it fosters because it pulls the drama out of its extremely romance heavy focus.

What detracts from the high-budget beauty of the episode is the circular happenings between both couples. Si-jin and Mo-yeon have the same fight every episode. Mo-yeon cannot accept his dangerous, unpredictable life style, and he cannot change it to suit her needs. She constantly rejects him, and he constantly puts his foot in his mouth. As for Dae-yeong and Myeong-joo, they are separated by status and family demands, but that doesn't stop them from moping around each other and missing each other. I wish we could see them more like they are with Si-jin. Individually, Myeong-joo and Dae-yeong are just delightful when they're hanging out with the precocious soldier who is madly in love with Mo-yeon.

As for the earthquake, that was a very magnificent scene in its high-budget beauty and overwhelming in its devastation. It heralded in a lot of reflection about what it's like to be a medical professional and the agony one feels when life is lost. Inexperienced and naive Chi-hoon sobs when he loses (what seems to be) his first patient. It would be quite a moving scene if it wasn't for the sweeping background music that almost scoffs at Chi-hoon's emotion - as though his emotion is a paltry nothing in comparison to the music's grandeur. Onew does a good job crying after all of his adorable aegyo. 

In general, I believe this drama romanticizes war and natural situations in the literary sense. It is this epic happening that changes lives. It could delve more into the nitty gritty of that rather than focus so much on the back-and-forth of the romances. With the Song-Song couple at the helm, they will never become forgotten should they not be the focus of every scene. There is also a lot of time taken up by all of the flashbacks. I'm not sure if that is meant to fill time or is supposed to effectively bolster the narrative.

here were a few directional shot frames that were, for the first time in the show, very jarring and ungainly. The split screen between Mo-yeon and Si-jin was so haphazard. But then we get the scene that inspired the poster for the show: when Si-jin ties Mo-yeon's shoe, tells her he is glad she is safe, and then they part...again. It would be more effected if these two parted less and got along more.

Although I'm a bit disillusioned by the hype, the show still holds this magnetic appeal. It's written so that the romance, despite its faults, is engaging. We want to find out what happens to our couple, the people they care for, and the land they have decided to stay and protect. What did you think, HanCinema viewers? Is episode 6 deserving of its enormously high ratings?

Orion's trivium: Name of the Week - Song Hye-kyo's name written in Greek would be Σόνγκ Χιέ Κιό.

Written by: Raine from 'Raine's Dichotomy'
Cr: Hancinema

• Like 2

For me this epic drama is the most beautiful drama ever they are not only focus on the actor also they are also focus on what's happening to the world  right now the disaster,war and the people all over the world i would like to congratulate the director writter and the whole cast especially song-song couple.they deserve a hgh ratings for this wonderful drama i salute good job!

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, gigivillaceran said:

[Drama Review] "Descendants of the Sun" Episode 6

This is seriously baffling. "Descendants of the Sun" episode 6 blasted ratings precedents with 28.5%. The drama is most definitely not about action and is all about the romance, the Song Joong-ki stare, and the manufactured drama. I admit to welcoming the earthquake and the chaos it fosters because it pulls the drama out of its extremely romance heavy focus.

What detracts from the high-budget beauty of the episode is the circular happenings between both couples. Si-jin and Mo-yeon have the same fight every episode. Mo-yeon cannot accept his dangerous, unpredictable life style, and he cannot change it to suit her needs. She constantly rejects him, and he constantly puts his foot in his mouth. As for Dae-yeong and Myeong-joo, they are separated by status and family demands, but that doesn't stop them from moping around each other and missing each other. I wish we could see them more like they are with Si-jin. Individually, Myeong-joo and Dae-yeong are just delightful when they're hanging out with the precocious soldier who is madly in love with Mo-yeon

I do not agree with this article. I don't know why the writer of this article is baffled about how this drama is centered around the romance of YSJ and KMY. Like seriously, it's supposed to centre around the "love story". Even SJK was quoted saying, the viewers should watch out the "lovey-dovey scenes" of YSJ and KMY. The military-medical aspects are certain elements added in the drama but KES wrote DOTS as ROMANCE. SMH :blink:

48 minutes ago, gigivillaceran said:

It would be more effected if these two parted less and got along more.

I seriously can't with this writer. It won't be a "drama" and it won't show the development of the pair's feelings if they just "get along". SMH more :blink:

• Like 10

They had to part because they were doing their duties as a soldier and doctor?? What did she want them to do? Make out, cry??? That's contradictory because the blogger was criticizing that the drama focused to heavily on the romance. Lol.

I really like the disasters part of the drama. It really makes our two leads shine. I feel like MY is coming back to her old self in this situation as the drama highlights her oath. She is realizing again the importance of treating her patients and her role as a doctor. SHK is doing an amazing job. I agree her narration can be stiff, but her acting is on point. Just look at her longing stares to SJ . No wonder he can't seems to let her go!

Edited by petitemusings
  • Like 12

[NEWS] “ Descendants of the Sun” Surpasses “ My Love from the Star” Ratings Record in Just 6 Episodes

KBS 2TV’s Wednesday-Thursday drama "Descendants of the Sun" breaks the rating record of the SBS drama “My Love from the Star the Star” in a mere six episodes. The episode six of “Descendants of the Sun” scored higher than the very last episode of “My Love from the Star” which happened to be the most watched episode of the series.

On March 11, AGB Nielsen (South Korea) Media Research announced that the March 10 episode of “Descendants of the Sun” scored 28.5 percent nationwide. It ranked number one beating out all the other dramas airing at the same time. SBS’s “ Please Come Back, Mister - Korean Drama” scored 5.4 percent and MBC’s “One More Happy Ending” scored 3.0 percent.

Descendants of the Sun” started out at 14.3 percent on its first episode which aired on February 24. Ever since then, it has been sweeping the number one spot with the steady increase in the rating. The second episode scored 15.5 percent, third episode 23.4 percent, fourth episode 24.1 percent, fifth episode 27.4 percent, and finally the sixth episode 28.5 percent, breaking it’s own record as the drama went on.

Descendants of the Sun” is currently dominating the viewership race with its explosive popularity. Not only is “Descendants of the Sun” stealing the spotlight for breaking the ratings record set by “ My Love from the Star” in the past two years, it succeeded to do so with mere six episodes. “Descendants of the Sun” surpassed “My Love From the Star” record rating of 28.1 percent from February 27, 2014 on its last episode. Considering how popular “My Love From the Star” was, it is notable that “Descendants of the Sun” was able to surpass its highest rating in just six episodes.

The fans of “Descendants of the Sun” are counting the days for the next episode to air with high anticipation as it continues to dominate the ratings race.

• Like 11

Yesssss !!!!!... surrprass the lfts ... Another milestone.. Daebakkkkk... Hope is 40 ... Plissss

Btw i forget to post about our lovely cute captain.. Here the capt..

Dots been trending in thailand n phillipines... Really hope it can be ttw someday since is on kbsworld now ... I longing that in epsd 4 yesterday but ... Well hope it really can be ttw.. Pliss be united fansssss

I recently realize that sjk had a thailand roots in it.. Right ?? If it's true..  I know i maybe exaggerating but fh is shoot in thailand too.. Both had thailand in it.. Hope... Really hope is gonna be success like fh or hopefully can be more succes... :D

• Like 6

http://www.hancinema.net/descendants-of-the-sun-rated-28-5percent-setting-a-new-record-once-again-92273.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Descendants of the Sun" rated 28.5% setting a new record once again

2016/03/10 | 5483 views | 2 Comments | Permalink | Source

Learn to read Korean in 90 minutes or less using visual associations

photo700385.jpg

According to AGB Nielsen Korea, KBS 2TV drama "Descendants of the Sun" rated 28.5% on the 10th. This is 1.1% more than the previous episode and 4.4% more than the episode aired on the 3rd.

"Descendants of the Sun" is setting a new record every other episode in Korean Drama history. Not only 30% is just around the corner, it looks like it's going to break through 40%.

Meanwhile, SBS "Please Come Back, Mister" rated 5.4% and MBC "One More Happy Ending" rated 3.0%.

On the latest episode of "Descendants of the Sun", Yoo Si-jin (Song Joong-ki) and Kang Mo-yeon (Song Hye-kyo) reunited at the earthquake site reigniting their love story.

• Like 8

Guest RoseS

hajima, 'talk too much'='big mouth':w00t:..about DOTS' lead, Dr. Kang?No, wanting more 'correct article' about Dr. Kang, amazing lead Song Hye Kyo:D

Hopelly, repoter hajima's pen, still 'full with ink':wub:[self, Song Hye Kyo's still #1 Korean actress make ....'addicted Korean dramas']

Song Hye Kyo Captures the Hearts of Viewers With “Descendants of the Sun”

Actress Song Hye Kyo‘s “Descendants of the Sun” character, Kang Mo Yeon, is being recognized for her well-rounded characteristics. As a female lead with a strong work ethic, down-to-earth mindset, and straight-forward relationship style, she has captivated the hearts of viewers.

In preparation for the broadcast of its sixth episode, KBS2‘s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Descendants of the Sun” (written by Kim Eun Sook, Kim Won Seok; directed by Lee Eung Bok, Baek Sang Hoon; produced byDescendants of the Sun Cultural Industry Company, NEW) released still cuts of “angel-on-earth” Kang Mo Yeon (Song Hye Kyo) taking care of children in Uruk. Although she has enough of a practical perspective to believe that Gangnam start-ups are more applicable to the real-world than the Hippocratic Oath, the character also has a strong “doctor mentality” in saving lives and serving the community, as demonstrated by her taking a risk in operating on the chairperson of the Arab League.

The reason why the character of Kang Mo Yeon is garnering interest lies here as well. She loves her work and confidently expresses her values, instead of just following her romantic whims. While showing strong passion and top-class skills in the surgery room, the fact that she became a doctor because she “performed the best in mathematics out of Korean, English, and math” and says that her “courage lies in working as hard as she is paid” reveals a bit of her practical side.

She is assertive even in her romantic relationship with captain Yoo Si Jin (Song Joong Ki). Instead of depending on him and being swayed by emotions, Kang Mo Yeon is always honest about how she feels. She freely expresses her jealousy by telling Yoo Si Jin that his “choice in restaurants is very ‘masculine’” when he gives a glance to an attractive waitress and her sadness when she learns that Yoo Si Jin would be returning to Korea. While she is attracted to Yoo Si Jin as a man, Mo Yeon doesn’t hide her inner conflict regarding his dangerous occupation as well.

As a character clearly distinct from the sweet, Cinderella-type female individuals commonly seen on TV, the character of Kang Mo Yeon is receiving a lot of love from viewers with Song Hye Kyo successfully portraying the pride, confidence, and dignity of female leads through the role.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/11/song-hye-kyo-captures-the-hearts-of-viewers-with-descendants-of-the-sun/

Actress Song Hye Kyo‘s “Descendants of the Sun” character, Kang Mo Yeon, is being recognized for her well-rounded characteristics. As a female lead with a strong work ethic, down-to-earth mindset, and straight-forward relationship style, she has captivated the hearts of viewers.

In preparation for the broadcast of its sixth episode, KBS2‘s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Descendants of the Sun” (written by Kim Eun Sook, Kim Won Seok; directed by Lee Eung Bok, Baek Sang Hoon; produced byDescendants of the Sun Cultural Industry Company, NEW) released still cuts of “angel-on-earth” Kang Mo Yeon (Song Hye Kyo) taking care of children in Uruk. Although she has enough of a practical perspective to believe that Gangnam start-ups are more applicable to the real-world than the Hippocratic Oath, the character also has a strong “doctor mentality” in saving lives and serving the community, as demonstrated by her taking a risk in operating on the chairperson of the Arab League.

The reason why the character of Kang Mo Yeon is garnering interest lies here as well. She loves her work and confidently expresses her values, instead of just following her romantic whims. While showing strong passion and top-class skills in the surgery room, the fact that she became a doctor because she “performed the best in mathematics out of Korean, English, and math” and says that her “courage lies in working as hard as she is paid” reveals a bit of her practical side.

She is assertive even in her romantic relationship with captain Yoo Si Jin (Song Joong Ki). Instead of depending on him and being swayed by emotions, Kang Mo Yeon is always honest about how she feels. She freely expresses her jealousy by telling Yoo Si Jin that his “choice in restaurants is very ‘masculine’” when he gives a glance to an attractive waitress and her sadness when she learns that Yoo Si Jin would be returning to Korea. While she is attracted to Yoo Si Jin as a man, Mo Yeon doesn’t hide her inner conflict regarding his dangerous occupation as well.

As a character clearly distinct from the sweet, Cinderella-type female individuals commonly seen on TV, the character of Kang Mo Yeon is receiving a lot of love from viewers with Song Hye Kyo successfully portraying the pride, confidence, and dignity of female leads through the role.

• Like 11

Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

How South Korean Drama 'Descendants Of The Sun' Used Early Filming To Become An International Sensation

The practice of "early filming," or shooting sequences ahead of the rigorous production schedule all South Korean television shows are forced to follow, is highly uncommon in the genre.

However, that might be about to change following the blockbuster success of the television show "Descendants Of The Sun," a program that reportedly relied heavy on early filming to achieve its ambitious scale. Wednesday's episode of "Descendants Of The Sun" received nearly a third of viewers in its 10 p.m. slot according to Nielsen Korea. It has also racked up more than 120 million views on the Chinese online video platform IQiyi.

"There were early filmed dramas before us, but they were largely made before they secured a broadcasting time and were weak on casting, lacking star actors and actresses," the show's producer Bae Kyung Soo told the Korea Times on Sunday.

South Korean culture critic Bang Yeon Ju worries that Chinese investors, like those from IQiyi who reportedly paid the Korean Broadcasting System, (the network that produces "Descendants Of The Sun") more than $250,000 per episode for the streaming rights, will lose interest and leave the entire South Korean film, TV and music business in shambles.

"The Chinese money that flew to the local real estate market in the past has headed to the drama and entertainment industry," Bang said.

"Early filming is great in that it improves working conditions for actors and actresses as well as quality of the drama. But, the money could dissipate in two or three years."

She also worried about the influence of Chinese tastes hijacking the distinct nature of Hallyu culture.

"If producers make dramas, being too conscious of Chinese viewers catering to their tastes, we could lose the uniqueness of our content," she said.

• Like 3

Guest RoseS

'Descendants of the Sun' Pretty photo of Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo on the beach

[couple, natural but beautiful.......:wub: ship..them:D]

photo700549.jpg

Song Hye-kyo has published a photo of her and Song Joong-ki which was taken on a beach during 'Descendants of the Sun' filming through her Instagram on the 11th.

Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo are in the photo on a bright sunny day at the beach. They look sweet trying to cover their faces with their hands from the sun.

Song Hye-kyo and Song Joong-ki are acting in KBS2 'Descendants of the Sun' as Yoo Si-jin and Kang Mo-yeon. The popularity of 'Descendants of the Sun' is soaring even more than 'My Love from the Star'.

Guest RoseS

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-descendants-of-the-sun-episode-6-92291.html

Song-Song, LOVE SICK, make.....self, 'heart broken':vicx:

DOTS1DOTS2

......... The split screen between Mo-yeon and Si-jin was so haphazard. But then we get the scene that inspired the poster for the show: when Si-jin ties Mo-yeon's shoe, tells her he is glad she is safe, and then they part...again. It would be more effected if these two parted less and got along more.

............ the show still holds this magnetic appeal. It's written so that the romance, despite its faults, is engaging. We want to find out what happens to our couple, the people they care for, and the land they have decided to stay and protect. What did you think, HanCinema viewers? Is episode 6 deserving of its enormously high ratings?

posterphoto699892.jpg

Orion's trivium: Name of the Week - Song Hye-kyo's name written in Greek would be Σόνγκ Χιέ Κιό.

its great to see articles recognizing SHKs performance in DoTs  and her role as Dr KMY like this one from soompi news

more of Dr KMY car accident scene, definitely SHK did a great job in this scene!
623636a9jw1f1scq5716fj20q00em75t.jpg
623636a9jw1f1scqtm7naj20q00em40h.jpg
69dbddb1gw1f1t834w8wmj21hc0u0qa9.jpg

Spoiler

006phPObgw1f1qxygu3eqj30hs1y17wh.jpg

Spoiler

006phPObgw1f1qxydsxbej30hs1o14qp.jpg

• Like 11

Thank you for this article @gigi , RoseS,  sunflower91_ 

SHK is just  sooo good. Her expressions   and the eyes says it all.

The viewer s can feel and relate on what she feels.

Theres no other  K-actress  that can surpass the acting  of SHK…yet

Wouldnt be great if there will be a simple note from her  to  fans,  acknowledging the massive hit of her drama and  its skyrocketed  ratings?   

28.5 %  is mind blowing.                                         

• Like 9

Hi everyone, thanks again for all the updates :)

SHK's birthday last year (Nov. 22) was celebrated on the filming set.  A group of good friends came to hold a party for her.  As her good friend, Yoo Ah In also came to the set to help her celebrate her birthday.  As a birthday present to her, he filmed a guest appearance for the drama.  His guest appearance will be broadcasted in late March.  He will play a bank employee.

http://www.allthatstar.com/view.php?action=1791&postID=220831&rtn_sns=weibo

Beautiful fan arts

005Fxnnogw1f1s5khxag8j30k00zkafw.jpg005Fxnnogw1f1s5kljmajj30k00zkaf4.jpg

Spoiler

005Fxnnogw1f1s5kotws8j30k00zk7aq.jpg005Fxnnogw1f1s5krvqbzj30k00zkgq8.jpg005Fxnnogw1f1s5kvizqdj30k00zkn2f.jpg005Fxnnogw1f1s5kz2kvrj30k00zkdl0.jpg005Fxnnogw1f1s5l2d2ewj30k00zk0y2.jpg005Fxnnogw1f1s5l61yo7j30k00zkgs8.jpg005Fxnnogw1f1s5l9drw3j30k00zk432.jpg

• Like 18