Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

BBC highlights 'Descendants of the Sun' craze

20160327231702_cats_99_20160328094205.jp

20160328085521_adf_99_20160328094205.jpg

Article"Korean romance sweeps up Asia" BBC news spotlights 'Descendants of the Sun'

Source: Dispatch via Naver

1. [+2,345, -113] The power of SOng Hye Gyo and Song Joong Ki. The two are irreplaceable.

2. [+1,693, -90] The power of the best chemistry couple ㅋㅋ

3. [+1,386, -80] The Song Song couple is the best

4. [+382, -23] I guess eyes around the world all the same... everyone's tired of the same old story with the rich son falling in love with the female lead ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+305, -19] "He is not like the soldiers in real life" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-

SourceNate

1. [+366, -16] Song Joong Ki's casting was daebak but so was Jin Goo~!

2. [+365, -15] Song Hye Gyo's already a top star but this is definitely Song Joong Ki's year to shine~~ jealous of the money he's going to be earning from this ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

3. [+255, -14] Amazing..!! ㅋㅋ

4. [+34, -10] I wish it was dramas like 'Signal' that gained worldwide attraction instead of this drama. The drama's only popular because of Song Joong Ki, the plot itself is below average.

5. [+17, -9] I'm kind of embarrassed because the lines and the overall plot itself is so immature sounding

6. [+13, -8] This drama falls behind in everything compared to 'Signal' but of course because Korean women are obsessed with Song Joong Ki, now even Americans are picking up on it. Signal's scriptwriter >>>>>> wall >>>>> Descendants of the Sun scriptwriter.

cr netizenbuzz

• Like 9

On 3/27/2016 at 0:54 AM, utkim said:

I thot Kyo only want to share a song she likes to her fans, nothing more and nothing less. I think we tend to over analyze the song too much ?? i thot it was a sincere sharing from her to fans. As long as she shares something on her IG, i'm happy. At least i know she is alright and doing fine :D

I'm not shipping kyo with anyone although i ship SJ-MY hard and it happens to be my all time fav pairing and drama, i must say. My heart had been burned once before and i don't have the heart to go through once more. I only hope that if she dates someone which i truly hope she is...she deserves the love like anyone else, but i hope it happens under wrap, only tell us when she is ready for marriage. That will be the best news ever for me. 

For now i only enjoy her MY in Dots :D

MasY, thanks for the trans dear..really appreciated :wub:

Have a nice weekend chingus.

Btw, i must say the truck kiss scene in dots shock me a lot and the gazes :sweatingbullets: I have never seen Kyo like this before...ok, i will stop here before i become delulu :lol:

agree 100%!! :lol: We've been crashed and burn real hard before..I ship KMY and YSJ..I admit due to DOTS sweet scene it lead me to thinking, can they? Are they? But I immediately crash the idea for I cried buckets of tears before . :sweatingbullets: I promise myself the next time I ship her would be with her future husband. All the best unni and I'm excited, I guess we will be seeing her a lot due to DOTS promotion..:w00t:

• Like 5

i hate some of fans of Song Joong Ki they dont like Song Hye Gyo for their idol well i answerd them back if ypu dont like our idol to your idol we dont like him also coz there is a lot of great man out there and much better than him iwhat's happening to them remember Song Hye Gyo is one of the leading actress behind the succes of DOTS duh what a crab mentality of them i hate the way to put her down and judge her...guys one day to go DOTS super excited for  this coming episode

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gigivillaceran said:

i hate some of fans of Song Joong Ki they dont like Song Hye Gyo for their idol well i answerd them back if ypu dont like our idol to your idol we dont like him also coz there is a lot of great man out there and much better than him iwhat's happening to them remember Song Hye Gyo is one of the leading actress behind the succes of DOTS duh what a crab mentality of them i hate the way to put her down and judge her...guys one day to go DOTS super excited for  this coming episode

Honestly, I don't think "his" fans who hate on her. It's some fans of his co-stars who don't like her. It's to be expected since there is a lot of jealous people out in the world. Kyo will also be his most famous and popular loveline/co-star ever, so you can see why they get angry. 

Anyway, she's receiving a lot of love from around the world.  A few naysayers won't change that. 

• Like 10

Guest RoseS

Devoted Fan Recreates Song-Song Couple From “Descendants of the Sun”

Devoted Fan Recreates Song-Song Couple From “Descendants of the Sun”

How far would you go to show your devotion to something? Say, your favorite drama?

Recently in an online community, one Chinese fan of the ultra-popular drama “Descendants of the Sun” has been garnering a whole lot of attention thanks to a photo going around. The photo in question is of a set of dolls the fan created in the likeness of the show’s lead couple, Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo.

The dolls are strikingly similar to the characters they’re inspired by, from their faces and hairstyles right down to their outfits. Many netizens have commended the fan on a job well done, noting the deliberate attention to detail.

See the real deal in action in the first episode of “Descendants of the Sun” below!

http://www.soompi.com/2016/03/28/devoted-fan-recreates-song-song-couple-from-descendants-of-the-sun/

Korean Drama 'Descendants of the Sun' Draws Online Paying Chinese Users
By Marcel Woo | Mar 26, 2016 07:25 AM EDT2

Descendants of the Sun

A Chinese couple watch their smartphones as they wait to board a train at a local railway station in Beijing, China. Millions of Chinese use their smartphones and gadgets to watch movies and TV shows. (Photo by Kevin Frayer/Getty Images)

Korean TV drama "Descendants of the Sun" has attracted millions of Chinese audiences, who are now paying online just to watch the popular drama on their phones and tables.
According to the official Xinhua news agency, "Descendants of the Sun", a record-breaking 16-episode rom-com broadcast on Korean channel KBS2, has a huge Chinese followers.

Read more: http://www.chinatopix.com/articles/80872/20160326/korean-drama-descendants-of-the-sun-draws-online-paying-chinese-users.htm#ixzz44DgLsI1a

1 hour ago, gigivillaceran said:

Aigoo, i dun think we should say that sjk fans doesn't like Kyo or that Kyo is better than him. He is a great actor and good on his own. There are always some fans don't like Kyo ..just like some SHK fans don't like SJK. Let's try our best not put an actor down just bcos of some fans doesn't like Kyo dearie :sweatingbullets: . I believe he is just great as Kyo.

jjennyy dear...ya da...i cried a lot last time like my own break up lah :tears: . I still remember how we all were broken, took long time before we recover ourselves and that's why i decide not ship her with anyone until she marry....but it isn't easy at all dear, i'm shaken hard, try to stay still...i have only one last straw left keeping me standing hahaha :lol:...praying that everything will go well for her.  That's all i hope and wish and i will take whatever it might come :)

• Like 14

Guest RoseS

Pround of Song Hye Kyo for DOTS' successful! What's next?:crazy:

(photo) Negahit Series "Descendants of the Sun" is film distribution company NEW's first attempt at producing a drama. Fom Left to Right NEW Director Kim Woo-taek and the show's stars Song Joong Ki, Song Hye Kyo, Kim Ji Won and Jin Woo[Studio 506 NEW]

Last Thursday, the hottest Korean drama, “Descendants of the Sun” on KBS2, reached a viewership rating of 30.4 percent, breaking the record for a weekday drama of 30 percent set four years ago by MBC’s “The Moon Embracing the Sun.”

Link, more....., interview

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3016765&cloc=joongangdaily%7Chome%7Conline

I think we should refrain from putting anti statements out there where everyone else can read!

It's unfair to SJK and his fans who like SHK.

Fans will always favor one celebrity over the other to the extent of going to the extremes just to prove their point!

These are just a handful of fans who I believe are clamoring for attention!

The way I see it, our KYO seems happy and at ease! And that is what we as Kyonatics would love to see!

After being subjected to vigorous criticism in the past, she has evolved into a more emotionally matured woman!

She has endured and survived every possible unkind treatment of her by the netz! 

She is a survivor! She has more power and strength of three bears combined!

She continues to rule the world of drama with her beauty and poise

and more importantly, her nearly flawless acting (I'm leaving a room for improvement here)

She has remained a top actress of her generation! She has always prevailed in the beauty department!

She has gained worldwide popularity,

otherwise she wouldn't have received invites from world-renowned figures to grace their

social functions!

She has unceasingly made us, her fans pleased for almost 2 decades (hmmm...3 long years for moi)!

We have laughed with her, cried with her, fought with her!

And now, we all have risen once again to celebrate with our dear KYO

for the mammoth success of dOtS!

This is something to celebrate sans malicious rumor-mongers!

Let's follow KYO's good example, ignore the ignoramus!

Guys, the heir to her throne has not been born yet. The highly coveted position will not be filled just yet! 

She will be reigning  for a great number of years still! No worries!

Enjoy the moment! I'm sure the Pretty One is!

kYoNaTiCs forever!

• Like 14

gigivillaceran, we all know that you really love and care about our KYO! I personally notice you are very upbeat and always have some beautiful

thinks to say about SHK. Your courage to defend your idol is really very admirable. The entire Kyonatic nation would love to follow suit, but

stooping down to these fans' level will only make us look defeated! Ignore them. I know it is easier said than done, but you know your idol better.

She is a topnotch actress and human being. No one can bring her down! Do not allow these rumor-mongers to get in your nerves!

Fight back by giving your idol your continuous full support!

SHK is loved by millions of Kyonatics! The fans you mentioned are just a speck in the dust! No worries. There are more SJK fans who are pro SHK. 

The KiKyo Shipper Thread has plenty of them! 

Relax, ok? thumbup Have fun!

• Like 10

Ok Susan thank you for reminding me that sometimes if i read some bad rumors about her my blood is boiling hay maybe this is part of being a fan but im so grateful to Kyo that she is now in the limelight and busy again and i hope she will do a drama or movie again pls Kyo make more drama and dont make us wait for long i dont know  what's gonna happen if this drama is end up im so in love with this drama i thik DOTS virus that spreading all over the world....again dear Susan thank you:blush:

• Like 5

Yes @gigivillaceran

Don't get drown by the few.. Be careful maybe it's fake just want both of the star fans feuding.. You must be careful... Really careful for this.. if it isn't fake just let it be.. They love it when you do that.. Some of them you can see in sns but kindly dissapearing now.. I blocked some of them as individual or as web that not good only sideview .. People now get smarter they can devided where the onesided web n where the more neutral n as real aspect not of some views aspect that push their views with their writing n posting.. Safer that.. If you see almost the same situation with suzy,lmh n so on always pro n co for their idol match.. But really some only want to take the feud for their individual benefit

Edited by strawberry555
  • Like 2

english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2016/03/29/2016032901475.ht

first time to share an article.. Not sure if im doing it right.. :)

•  

waglwagl
Home > Arts & Entertainment   smaller bigger mail.gif E-mail print.gif Print list.gif List ic_line.gif 
twitter RSS

Song Hye-kyo Continues Winning Streak in Hit Soap 

Song Hye-kyoSong Hye-kyo

Song Hye-kyo continues her winning streak with KBS' series "Descendants of the Sun" both in Korea and beyond. 

Song already has three TV soaps under her belt in her 20-year caree that generated more than 40-percent ratings --"Autumn in My Heart" in 2000, "All In" in 2003 and "Full House" in 2004 -- and has starred opposite the country's leading heartthrobs, from Song Seung-hun to Hyun Bin. 

One remarkable thing is that she seems impervious to the censoriousness that is still widespread in Korean public life.

She has been involved with most of her male co-stars, openly dating Lee Byung-hun ("All In") and with Hyun Bin ("The World That They Live In") and rumored to be seeing Kang Dong-won ("My Brilliant Life") and even Song Joong-ki, a younger actor who is now appearing in "Descendants of the Sun."

But instead of the usual cries of scandal, people seem to take it in their stride. "She is unfazed by rumors and focuses only on her acting, so she maintains an aura of mysticism, making her virtually bulletproof," says culture critic Ha Jae-geun.

From left, Kang Dong-won, Song Joong-ki and Hyun BinFrom left, Kang Dong-won, Song Joong-ki and Hyun Bin

It helps that she is rather waiflike, which perhaps provokes viewers' protective instincts. At 161 cm according to her official profile she looks smaller and is often paired with taller actors. 

"She in many cases ends up having to look up at her male counterparts, and this creates a nice camera angle and makes her look prettier," says one producer. 

The success of "Descendants of the Sun" has consolidated the view that Song can do nothing wrong. 

Noh Hee-kyung, who wrote "That Winter, the Wind Blows" starring Song in 2013, said, "She is full of potential that exceeds whatever role I create."

• Like 8

Gigivillaceran, I like it when you smile! don't you feel better and more positively hard core Kyonatic? 

Strawberry555 is right! Don't let a few knuckleheads suffocate you with their bitter whimpering against the Pretty One!

They will never win! If you let them, they will! So, we're good!  thumbup

Can't wait any longer. Pull Hair 1 I have been watching my favorite dOtS episodes repeatedly for 4 days now!  hehe 

Two more sleepless nights! tapfoot

• Like 7

@gina annisa putri

Sorry gina annisa for miss typing i want to type @GinaSingapore for this vid below.. Her post make look for this vid.. N once again is a proof that long before the dots famous or even being air so many times she's doing promo for dots freely.. in june elle n in this vid below.. N i remember some1 had ask if she's baeutiful on person like in screen.. Here also the proof.. It's so up close seems you see her in person.. 

Cr to the uploader.. Amanda n hitmebore

Spoiler

But first this from chosunenglish.. She's really kdrama queeny.. Slayyyy... Goatttttt !

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2016/03/29/2016032901475.html

Edited by strawberry555
  • Like 7

Strawberry555, thank you very much for bringing this wonderful article on our Kyo!  mademyday

It makes me feel so proud of her! Our beautiful KYO has gone a long way!

She has matured enough to be unperturbed by rumors and whatnot!

She is, as one critic said in this article, bulletproof! 

That's our KYO! loveshower

• Like 8

12 hours ago, utkim said:

jjennyy dear...ya da...i cried a lot last time like my own break up lah :tears: . I still remember how we all were broken, took long time before we recover ourselves and that's why i decide not ship her with anyone until she marry....but it isn't easy at all dear, i'm shaken hard, try to stay still...i have only one last straw left keeping me standing hahaha :lol:...praying that everything will go well for her.  That's all i hope and wish and i will take whatever it might come :)

@utkim dear, I have a feeling that your last straw will fall once we are near the end of DotS :lol:  We still have the sunset/terrace kiss to come :P

Jin Goo talked about SHK in his March 26th interview.  Here is the translation:

"Although we didn't have any scenes together in "All In", we were in the same project.  This time we met again through DotS, there's a newness, felt very honored.  Despite being younger than me by a year, SHK is already a star by the time I debuted.  This time when going out with the DotS crew on a trip together, we happily talked about past memories and said "now we can be considered to have (formally) met".  SHK in private is more lively than what she shows in formal/public events.  She's a cheerful, kind and interesting (amusing) friend.  Because we are in an era where we have to be cautious of every movement, perhaps that's why in public, SHK doesn't do or say anything more than necessary."

cr to SHK's baidu bar

• Like 16