Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Guest deaborj

.....it's rainy season here in the Philippines.

.....it's summer in the UK (as per utkim sis)--- (and if i'm not mistaken it's summer in Korea and China too)

...but it seems its the start of the DROUGHT season in Hye Kyo land  :(:(:((  (-hope it ends soon)

but thank you guys for your reposts and updates...it's better than not having any news/updates at all. 

^:)^

class="postheadline"Archetypes of Female Leads in Asian Popular Culture

The female lead in drama serials comes in a variety of types and archetype in dramas from Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea and China.  Some female celebrities like to be versatile while others do not mind being typecast because it lends them a strong image.

In this article, we examine four popular and common female archetype portrayals in dramas.

Jade Girl

9293460695_09b4aa081a_o.jpg9293461337_ba96678e9e_o.jpg

Above: Crystal Liu and Song Hye Kyo

Exemplified by: Linda Chung, Crystal Liu, Song Hye Kyo (Autumn in my Heart), Yoona (from SNSD, in the drama Love Rain), Yang Mi, and Liu Shi Shi.

The Jade Girl of the female lead portrayed in popular culture is one of the most popular and enduring. Female celebrities have built their entire career around this image.

The Jade Girl is the most beautiful, pure, pristine, cherished and lovable character in a drama. Her goodness affects those around her, winning her the admiration of the male lead, the audience, and usually other male characters in the drama. She may be modest or demure.

In addition, she may come from poor or unfortunate circumstances through no fault of her own, but like Cinderella, she will rise above her circumstances due to her good nature and the help of her prince and those who cherish her. Commonly, she will also encounter bullies. In the end though, she will triumph over them and her circumstances and be rewarded with her love.

Some Jade Girls on screen translate their decent girl roles to their personal image and vice versa e.g. Linda Chung.

To be a Jade Girl, innocent, elegant and angelic looks are a prerequisite.

Source: http://www.jaynestars.com/features/hot-gossip/feature-archetypes-of-female-leads-in-asian-popular-culture/

^So true the way the drama portrays the female lead that known as Jade Girl.... certainly an innocent look is a must..... thanks hclover for sharing the article  :)

khxy said:

she is in Beijing now and the movie is expected to wrap up at the end of the year.

Here is the Eng-subbed video of the "Red Cliff" premiere in Korea.  SHK and Jung Woo Sung attended it.

I find it interesting that all the stars of that movie are somehow connected to Kyo now.  Chang Chen and Lin Chi Ling  have met Kyo and have taken pictures together.  Tony Leung have starred in "The Grandmaster" with Kyo.  Takeshi Kaneshiro and John Woo are working with Kyo now in "The Crossing".

makeartist_zpsd5745e6d.jpg

this make-up artist kim cheong kyung talked about kyo recently, if i'm not wrong, basically she said:

"i met song hye kyo for the first time when she was 19 years old, and when  i took a picture of her face, even on different angles, it was perfect .Now when someone ask me about who's the most beautiful star, since i saw a lot of faces so close i say: actress song hye kyo"

http://z.istyle24.com/Feature/FeatureView.aspx?Idx=9561&Menu=1

cr: SHK DC

class="cb b15"Jo In Sung Can't Stop Talking About Song Hye Kyo

Jo In Sung

Jo In Sung may be gearing up for his new movie, "Kwon Bob," but every time he does an interview, he gets asked at least one question about his "That Winter The Wind Blows" co-star Song Hye Kyo.

The co-stars are obviously fond of each other as Song Hye Kyo once said that Jo In Sung was responsible for the show's success and he said the same thing about her.

"The mood on set was fantastic," he said. "I was able to play the part so well thanks to Hye Kyo. There are times when you hate your co-star or feel like she could have done better, but since we both knew how to make things work, neither of us felt that way. I don't think I'll ever be in a piece that makes me feel like this again."

As the drama is now a hit in China and won an award at the Shanghai TV Festival, he was asked once more what he thought about the actress.

"She has it all: beauty, concentration, generosity and professionalism," said Jo In Sung. "She can be called the flower of the drama. And she has a dramatic face that easily conveys emotion."

He has praised her generosity in the past, saying that some co-stars will try to grab all the attention for themselves, while Song Hye Kyo was always able to step back and let him be the focus of a scene.

"My chemistry with her was easy to see and I'm grateful for that," said Jo In Sung. I was able to shine because of her."

He has known the actress for 10 years and does find her attractive but he never considered dating her.

"Work should stay work," he said. "Once I become interested in someone it becomes a little weird. Since I don't see her that way it was easier to be comfortable with her."

In his new film "Kwon Bob," his co-star and romantic interest will be Lee Yeon Hee who appeared as Yun Seo Hwa in "Gu Family Book" and Yoo Kang Mi in "Phantom." The futuristic science fiction thriller is about a man whose hatred of injustice prompts him to develop super powers. He falls in love Lee Yeon Hee's character and has to save the village she lives in.

Filmgoers will not be able to avoid comparing their onscreen chemistry to the romantic scenes he shared with Song Hye Kyo.

Guest deaborj

Thanks megbc8 :D

every actor / actress / director/ make up artist / stylist/ production staff / managers / photographers/ scriptwriters that had the chance to work with Kyo only have very good words for her(even if years have already passed). They rave not just about her stunning beauty but they also speak highly of her generosity, professionalism, talent and warmth as a person. Veteran actors/actresses see her as their own daughter. Managers (esp the male ones) wish to manage her (but sorry to them as Hye Kyo is loyal to Ms Park and we know their hidden motives hehehehe just like Hong Ki). The young actors and actresses including idols - look up to her....and her male co actors fall in love with her for real except JIS (can't blame them :D).:D waaaah....awesome right?.. have not seen any other artist/actress being praised like her even if the project/drama has already ended a long time ago..... that's why I'm a proud fan.:D

ok i'll stop now coz I 'm sleepy now. sweet dreams lovely peeps I-)  I-) ...look forward to my 3 day break even if it's raining here. :D take care guys!

^Thanks dearies for lovely posts :x :x :x

ABS-CBN News
: TWTWB: hit in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonexia, Taiwan
\:D/
                                    soon in Japan, China, Thailand, HongKong, USA an France  \:D/
                                    soon in Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Romania, Israel, Karshakstan and Kenya

\:D/

cre to ABSTVPromo
SCs:

viewimage.php?id=songhyekyo&no=29bcc427b68477a16fb3dab004c86b6f4a650600e4547de7346f0787350f0eebc1450fd904c882b1bcd6b46e9af47b411e3b4b2d7d45e13af6068cc58aa4&f_no=7cf3da36e2
viewimage.php?id=songhyekyo&no=29bcc427b68477a16fb3dab004c86b6f4a650600e4547de7346f0787350f0eebc1450fd904c882b1bcd6b46e9af47b414c384d2e7d40e137f6058cc58aa4&f_no=7ff3da36e2
viewimage.php?id=songhyekyo&no=29bcc427b68477a16fb3dab004c86b6f4a650600e4547de7346f0787350f0eebc1450fd904c882b1bcd6b46e9af47b414f6849272911b566f6048cc58aa4&f_no=7ef3da36e2
SHKdc

Home Page of TWTWB is created by GTV ( Taiwan TV Channel) : http://www.gtv.com.tw/Program/B051520130716U/index00.html
ibwtaMTbW3Qel7.png

cre to uploader ( via SHK dc )

ik6Uw003hM4zY.gif

iblDqRai7vdZD1.gif

^ hehe, that was funny.

Heard Taiwan had premiere for twtwb yesterday, hope the drama is doing well there and TGM will be opened in Korea on the August 22nd.
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=003&aid=0005268047

It seems to be a drought season in kyo's world at the moment, but i am fine with it knowing she is working hard for her upcoming project. Hope the filming will be smooth for Kyo....and i hope we can hear some good news next year, i have been waiting so many years that my neck is quite long now :P

male version of "And One" ost, it's pretty good.
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/xcLg6g87pAU/?bid=03&pid=24&resourceId=0_03_05_24
4orp.jpg
dc

Love Kyo's beautiful smile :x
y0jy.jpg

Jung Eun Ji, “A Point I have Over Song Hye Kyo? Young Age!” Jul 17, 2013 • Category: News & Updates

201307171101451119_1

[My Daily = Lee Seung Rok] Girl group member from A Pink, Jung Eun Ji, was asked a point she has over actress Song Hye Kyo, in which she replied her young age.

A Pink members appeared as guests on the July 16th broadcast of MBC radio program, Shin Dong’s Shim Shim Ta Pa.

Jung Eun Ji, who co-starred with Song Hye Kyo in the SBS drama, That Winter, The Wind Blows, was asked, “Tell us about a point you have over Song Hye Kyo.”

“There is just one. I am younger,” Jung Eun Ji answered as she drew out a burst of laughter. “(Song) Hye Kyo unnie and I continue to keep in touch,” She said revealing a special friendship.

(Reporter Lee Seung Rok roku@mydaily.co.kr)

Source: My Daily
Translated by: Shanda @ Songhyegyo.net

Guest graaccee02

Six superstar joined the "Pacific Wheel" combinations mystery

Six superstar joined the "Pacific Wheel" combinations mystery Creative signature oath boot

LOS ANGELES Beijing Galloping Horse Film Co., Ltd. by the exclusion of 300 million heavily to build, the internationally renowned Chinese director John Woo's new film title before Chinese Taiping wheel officially designated as << >>, July 6, 2013 in Beijing boot, but this epic war blockbuster love for the first time exposure of the main cast gorgeous addition to previously been hot Zhang Ziyi [microblogging], Song Hye Kyo, Takeshi Kaneshiro outside the hottest star of the recent Huang Xiaoming [microblogging], Tong Dawei [micro Bo] and Japanese actress Masami Nagasawa also this exposure list.

Final round >> << Taiping guide named John Woo's first large disaster, war

Following the May at the Cannes Film Festival and the exposure of the first concept poster English title < > After this John Woo film's Chinese title has been controversial(http://www.best-news.us/). Before formally recognized Chinese film titles as << >> Taiping wheel, rather than the long-rumored before Fatal Love << >> << Pacific Wheel> > John Woo << Chibi >> After following the director's latest work, but also his directorial debut tragedy of war theme of the film, it can be said, << >> Taiping wheel is the internationally acclaimed Chinese director film director works by far the most unique one.

The film tells the story spans fifty years in the modern history of China, three pairs of lovers from different backgrounds how they are affected by the tide of history, has experienced war and disaster, and finally found a happy story about the war and the changing times and disaster under the love and hatred are the subject of John Woo always wanted to shoot, for which he was preparing for many years. 'Taiping wheel incident' has been called 'China's Titanic', so 'disaster' is undoubtedly the film Aspect of the most selling point and one of the elements but with James Cameron's Titanic movie << >> different, Woo said he will use a different approach for the wheel >> << Pacific joined the update elements.

Top lineup combinations mystery configuration

The exposure of the actor in the list, Zhang Ziyi, Song Hye Kyo, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Huang Xiaoming, Tong Dawei, Nagasawa Japan and South Korea star-studded six rounds >> << Pacific staggering enough Following << >> generation master after Zhang and Song Hye Kyo in << >> in Taiping round again together, and Tong Dawei and Huang Xiaoming also restructuring 'partner', coupled << Chibi >> after second collaboration with John Woo, Takeshi Kaneshiro and starred << Crying Out Love in the Center of the World >> fame of popular Japanese Red Star Nagasawa, so lineup and then with John Woo international guide, called a top-level configuration of movies.

For six star, director John Woo said that they are very favored actors themselves, although most of them are their first collaboration, but in terms of temperament or image, they are the most suitable for these roles actor candidates in << >> in Taiping round, six starring three sections will interpret the complex emotional entanglements. exactly how all six of them between the characters, turn in what way combined into three pairs of lovers, can be described as suspense(Entertainment News http://www.best-news.us/).

Currently several of the actors have to be completed rounds >> << Taiping trial makeup job, seen their calm makeup of John Woo very satisfied.

(Editor: yes-man)

The Vehicle is used as a Filming prop of "Pacific Wheel"

iFQJtOtYyKCUF.jpg
@as tagged

Her character's name in the movie translated into Korean is Joo On Boon
source: http://asianwiki.com/The_Crossing_-_John_Woo

He he, I wish she would be like this in the movie :*
iblbexST2YAuHk.jpg

Guest ladyblue83

Whew..i wouldn't miss that ...hope i can watch soon as it arrive in Philippines.Who will be his partner again?

Super junior Kyuhyun on the 17th broadcast MBC "Golden Fishery- Radio Star" confessed that there is only Kyo in his eyes :)) . well, i dun know if it's correct, but that was the direct words from our google friend keke

Anyway, thanks for loving Kyo, Kyuhyun :D

sx1c.jpg
http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=371420

Thanks @utkim for the news :)

class="headline"Super Junior’s Kyuhyun Only has Eyes for Song Hye KyoWith the current trend of male stars dating older ladies, Super Junior’s Kyuhyun made a sudden confession to actress Song Hye Kyo.

75545999.jpg

On July 17’s broadcast of MBC’s Radio Star, the MC panel discussed the older woman-young man coupling taking the entertainment industry by storm recently.

They particularly talked about Han Hye Jin and Ki Sung Yueng, who have a 8-year difference between them.

85859384.jpg

Speaking on the topic, Kyuhyun remarked, “I heard that when Ki Sung Yueng saw Han Hye Jin, he called her ‘Hye Jin’ almost immediately.”

Noting that Ki Sung Yueng got his lady by dropping honorifics, Kyuhyun asked, “Will it work if I do that?”

Then he turned to the camera to address his ideal lady and said, “Nuna, you are Hye Kyo. You′re the only one I see in my eyes!”   :)) :)) :))

Source:  http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/news/super-junior-s-kyuhyun-only-has-eyes-for-005719119.html

I think quite a few members of SJ are fans of Kyo :D