Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Upcoming Drama 2024:Show Business/Special Appearance Drama 2025: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

Thanks ria for pouring in pics of TGM  :x

WKR said there will be a slightly different international release than the current release and he will announce at Berlin film festival...gahh, can't wait

http://www.chinanews.com/yl/2013/01-16/4493042.shtml

Seems like TGM is doing great
http://ent.huanqiu.com/movie/yingshi-gangtai/2013-01/3503307.html

So envious of those whom are living in Singapore..you guys get to watch it soon  :D

^lucky international fans....... i hope he will add a lil more screen time for Kyo esp the one that she slapped TL haha...... more time means she has to attend berlinale woohoo........ thanks kim.

lately, we see a lot of crying from our dear girl :(

tgm130116a.jpg

baidu

ria, thanks for posting the pics....... so beautiful   :x

sorry, can't help it.... i just like this so much.... don't know what are they gossiping about  ;))

tw130112d.gif

kim and putriN: u both are very much welcome and thanks for the updates  :x 

kim: wow,slightly different version? hope we get to see more of SHK in the new version

putriN: i totally love the GIF u posted..even i was wondering what they were talking about...they really seem so close and comfortable,makes me want to see more BTS of them... 8->  and also i guess we should brace ourselves to see more tears from our girl onscreen,especially with the most anticipated melodrama TWTWB coming our way!! 

and good news regarding TGM  :D

'The Grandmaster' has masterful B.O. debut

Chinesefilms.cn, January 16, 2013

001372a9ae2712605e070d_zpsf98681ba.jpg

Wong Kar-wai's The Grandmasters secured162 million yuan (US$26.1 million) on Chinese mainland in its first six days in cinemas last week, a record for the Hong Kong-based director.

The film's budget is believed to have risen to 240 million yuan (US$38.6 million) over its long production period, with Wong finishing the film just 72 hours before its release. Its first press screening was held two days before it opened in China.

The film, starring Tony Leung Chiu-wai, also got off to a strong start in Hong Kong, Wong's home base and the adopted home of Leung's co-star Zhang Ziyi.

Playing in four different versions – in a mix of different Chinese dialects, with and without English subtitles – it notched up US$168,000 (HK$1.3 million) on its opening day for distributor and co-investor Sil-Metropole Organisation Ltd.

By Sunday night, its box office climbed to HK$8.06 million (US$1.04 million), an impressive start for a Chinese-language film of any dialect in Hong Kong.

The film opens in Taiwan on 18 Jan through Warner Bros. (Taiwan) Inc. Shaw Organisation Pte Ltd opens the film in Singapore on 31 Jan.

In China, Grandmaster scored more than double the box office of closest competitor, Jackie Chan's "CZ12," on 80.7 million yuan (US$13.0 million). The action-comedy has now grossed 801 million yuan (US$129 million).

"CZ12" is the second most successful Chinese-language release of all time in China. Still on release, current record-holder, Xu Zheng's road movie comedy "Lost in Thailand," is now on 1.2 billion yuan (US$194 million).

source:china.org.cn 

I guess wkw will release the unedited version of TGM in years to come,that's what he said in the interview.Well,being able to catch the movie is good enough for now i guess  :D
*may contain spoilers*
He was asked regarding the difference between Hye Kyo and ZZY character and he said" I told Hye Kyo that her character is not just an ordinary elegant and graceful lady but one with great wisdom.Her first screen appearance is when she's standing behind the door.For the audience and especially from man's point of view, woman is man's "pet" but in this movie it's the other way round.She treats her man as her "pet".She's the reason why Ip man never remarries".
sourcebaidu

Thank putriN so much :x and this is the translation

That Winter Preview: Song Hye Kyo Will Appear As a Visually-impared Heiress

Posted on January 17, 2013 in drama by nettop01

1712013121418578.jpg

Song Hye-kyo will appear as a visually-impaired heiress of a chaebol family in the upcoming drama ‘That Winter’.

Appearing as the sole heiress to a powerful corporation Oh Yeong, she seems to have everything that she desires, being intelligent, beautiful, and fabulously rich, but is inwardly lonely and difficult. Yeong, who tries to live her life outside the influence of the heiress label, strictly controls herself, even her visual impairment.

Suffering from tunnel vision, her vision only allows her a small window in the middle, without any peripheral vision at all. Yeong nevertheless hides her impairment from the others, and furthermore closes her own attachments towards others out of her distrust towards others, even taking to heart the consolation that she would leave the world without any feelings in her final moments.

However, her long-lost brother Oh Soo (Jo In-sung) appears in front of her after 16 years of separation, and while Yeong vows not to open her heart to her brother, who she believes to have left her alone and went off, but his warmth slowly opens her cold heart.

Song Hye-kyo reportedly underwent extensive discussion with the writer Noh Hee-kyung to help her portray the complex character of Yeong. Noh Hee-kyung, however, asked her to “not stay within the prejudice of the visually-impaired, but break the prejudice”, inciting Song Hye-kyo to visit the visually-impaired facility.

The caretaker in the facility, living together with the visually-impaired, also commented “the visually impaired aren’t different at all because they too wish to be beautiful and try to be beautiful. It’s not out of place for them to be wearing mini-skirts and high heels. They all dress for the occasion and put up make-ups”, wishing that the drama would help reduce the prejudice against them.

source: http://koreandrama.com/that-winter-preview-song-hye-kyo-will-appear-as-a-visually-impared-heiress/

^freshspring, thanks so much dearie :-*

it certainly clear people's perceptions -

The caretaker in the facility, living together with the visually-impaired, also commented “the visually impaired aren’t different at all because they too wish to be beautiful and try to be beautiful. It’s not out of place for them to be wearing mini-skirts and high heels. They all dress for the occasion and put up make-ups”, wishing that the drama would help reduce the prejudice against them.

woohoo, Kyo gonna dressed prettily..... <:-P

Guest jjsweeter0211

"Wind Blows In Winter" Song Hye-kyo's realistic blind act

Source | 2013/01/16 |

photo275209.jpg

Actress Song Hye-kyo pretended to be blind.

Still cuts of Oh Yeong, the heiress Song Hye-kyo takes on the role of in the upcoming SBS drama "Wind Blows in Winter".

Song Hye-kyo is standing alone somewhere with a cane and a cup of coffee. She is looking somewhere but without focus in her eyes.

Other casts of the drama include, Jo In-SeongKim Tae-wooKim BeomBae Jong-ok, A Pink memberJung Eun-ji and more. This drama is about the lonely life of a woman who has everything but was abandoned by her mother when he was young and failed at her first love but also has to deal with sudden blindness.

"Wind Blows in Winter" will be aired on the 13th of February at 9:55PM.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Thanks everyone for news. I guess they are trying to tell us not prejudice visually impaired...thanks for wake me up, even me did have that thought  :( . It seems they were aware of this issue "high heels and blind" and did it on purpose to convey the message.

755610_1-485640_22357_zps7cd1de5b.jpg

Woo hoo, the promos for That Winter are starting!!! Thanks PutriN sis for the article - I don't think there's a need for another translation because the one freshspring posted is perfect! I very much enjoyed reading that translation, so thank you for posting :)
Yes, you are right - it definitely gives us a wonderful insight on why she is wearing high heels or has perfect makeup on, etc. Elle interview also touched on this as well :)
A little late, but welcome back Kim sis! Hope you enjoyed your time away:)

^ Thanks Shanda dear, i did enjoy the trip a lot :D

I'm back about TGM again keke :D

Some reviews
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie/grandmaster/review/410574

http://www.tasteofcinema.com/2013/the-grandmasters-review/

Wow thank you dearies for the updates!! :D

Song hye kyo looks drop dead gorgeous in the new still cuts and im totally loving her look..the article is really very perceptive and insightful,thank you freshspring dear for posting it...the media is indeed equally excited for the drama i guess and they cant stop pouring in articles..here's an other one...

Still cut of Song Hye Kyo revealed for upcoming SBS drama ‘Wind Blows in Winter’

by someday1214 

20130117_songhyekyo_thatwinter-460x329_z

As mentioned previously, actress Song Hye Kyo will be making her return to the small screen with new SBS drama special ‘Wind Blows in Winter‘, and more details about her role have been revealed along with a still cut.

The drama special revealed a still cut of the actress on the set, looking beautiful as ever in the frigid cold. Song Hye Kyo will be playing Oh Young Eun, the heiress of a large corporation who suffers from tunnel vision; she is unable to see anything in her periphery. On the outside, she’s beautiful and works hard – it appears that she has everything. In reality, she’s lonely and cold, having a hard time finding her way through life. She hides her vision disability from everyone else in order to avoid being treated differently.

‘Wind Blows in Winter’ begins airing on February 13th and features other actors like Kim Bum, Jo In Sung, and A Pink‘s Eunji, so don’t forget to check it out!

source:allkpop

^thanks kim..lovely coincidence,i was just doing a WW marathon today and here u are,sharing unseen pics with us :D

btw this is a post from netizen buzz regarding the recent article about our girl..need not be fazed by the title,its more of a discussion regarding her character, by the netizens and also by the author of the blog...Here's what the netizens have to say-----

Song Hye Gyo's portrayal of her blind character in high heels causes a controversy on blind stereotypes

201301170800010510_1_zpsb88bec45.jpg

Article: Still cuts of Song Hye Gyo playing a blind woman revealed... epitome of innocent beauty

Source: Newsen via Nate

It's not reflected in the best reply but there were a lot of comments about how the high heels are distracting and how she's "too dressed up" for someone who's blind... "How can a blind person wear high heels" and "Her outfit isn't realistic".

1. [+518, -46] She matched Hyun Bin so well ㅜㅜ So upset that they broke up! I'm sure anyone that watched 'The World They Live In' would agree!

2. [+314, -16] Wow pretty

3. [+290, -32] For everyone criticizing about the high heels, read the article for once. It says that the blind are able to live a normal lifestyle.

Article: What can we learn of the misunderstandings and the truths about the blind as seen through Song Hye Gyo's high heels controversy?

Source: TV Daily via Nate

The article sheds some light on how the blind live and explain that, although it depends on certain situations, the blind are just as interested in fashion and hairstyles and the like. Those that lost their sight at a later time in their life still tend to wear high heels because they're used to the feeling of them.

1. [+235, -10] If we're going to argue about dramas being realistic, then what about the women wearing eyeliner in historical dramas?

2. [+182, -8] Thinking that a blind person doesn't care about fashion just because they're blind is a misinformed stereotype. I saw a documentary about two disabled women going on a vacation and they dressed nicely with better make up than me...

3. [+191, -40] We're not criticizing the high heels because we don't think the blind don't have a right to be fashionable, we just think it's dangerous so we're worried.

4. [+24, -5] The heels weren't even that high;;; Is there some kind of separate dress code that the blind need to adhere to?? ㅋㅋ

5. [+22, -4] The reason people are so used to seeing the blind dress poorly is because of economic reasons. They have a difficult time finding jobs so of course they will prioritize other aspects of their life over fashion. Song Hye Gyo's character is an heiress of a conglomerate. She's extremely rich so she obviously has her own stylist, etc...

source:Netizen buzz

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="content-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; visibility: visible; "Song Hye Kyo Looks Beautiful in Cuts of Upcoming Drama “This Winter, the Wind Blows”
lightningstix January 17, 2013

Song Hye Kyo Looks Beautiful in Cuts of Upcoming Drama “This Winter, the Wind Blows”

Still cuts were revealed of Song Hye Kyo’s comeback drama “That Winter, The Wind Blows.” She plays a character that has trouble seeing and is the daughter of a corporate mogul. Her character’s name is Oh Young. Although she is wealthy and beautiful, she is actually lonely, cold, and has a hard time living. Even though she can’t see well, she acts as if she can see everything.

Jo In Sung’s character Oh Soo enters into her life after 16 years. He had abandoned her. At first she doesn’t open up to him, but she slowly stars to change.

Will this drama be another chip off the old block of Korean dramas featuring the wealthy, or will it strike out on its own. Get ready for the first broadcast on February 13!

song-hye-kyo-1.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2013/01/17/song-hye-kyo-looks-beautiful-in-cuts-of-upcoming-drama-this-winter-the-wind-blows/

^jjsweeter, thanks dear for posting  :)

yeay...... good news this friday morning.......

kim, your guess may be right  ;;)

Kyo has received an official invitation to Berlinale.... woohoo   <:-P

tgm.jpg

one of the many links -

http://news.nate.com/view/20130118n03676

tgm130118a.jpg 

she can't run away haha   :)>-

though it  won't guarantee that she'll be there :P