Song Hye Kyo 송혜교 Hyebaragi ~Upcoming Movie 2024: Dark Nuns /Special Appearance Drama 2024: Everything Will Come True

Peachypie

And just like that how fortunes have changed. In less that 24 hours the jewelry co. admits their wrong doing. They should apologize and compensate. They bismirched her reputation by fighting underhanded which caused her harm be it emotional, stress and physical toll. I hope she gets a good settlement. And puts the proceeds to good use. 

Positive actions bring good Karma and this is vindication. #stay strong#Fighting!

• Like 9

thanks everyone love to see insightful post and messages for support to SHK ! J Estina tried to underestimate SHK/UAA they think they can continue to take advantage and bully SHK  , just so thankful for NEW/DoTs production and SHK fans for stepping in backing up her cause that is rightful for her to do so. yes that shameless company was so alarmed with their sales especially in China , they have the nerve to say about  SHKs weakness yet they didn't realized how they are able to penetrate the Chinese market due to her star power in China. well what they did serves them right , for sure they already feel their lost in market share -SHK fans and yes its just fair enough not to patronize their product anymore, I came to know about this brand thru SHK and didn't mind splurging on their items that is endorsed by SHK but this time its better to just pass through  J Estina counter and simply erase their brandname on my shopping list!

back to DoTs , its nice to see how her co-stars make SHK happy during the filming

006phPObgw1f3710cm77sj30ku0eugo1.jpg

6afb0f0cgw1f36fuujitwg208z08b1ga.gif

6afb0f0cgw1f36fvlp223g20b3081hdt.gif

• Like 18

8 hours ago, smiletall said:

YAY!

So happy to see the good news about J.Estina pulling out and admitting defeat. 

http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=311&aid=0000602054

This is an article on Naver discussing it. It's a shorter blurb than others but it's the article that is rising on the ranks and has the most comments on this topic. So that's good. I hope all the negative ones get buried. In any case, since I know so many people are curious about the knetizens reactions... For this article, it's all very supportive of SHK, and for the most part, really angry at J.Estina. In particular, they're angry at J.Estina for just dragging SHK's name through the mud again just to pull out because they know they're in the wrong. Basically, why did they even make a big fuss? They should have apologized and reflected when they were warned. They just make a mess and just leave. Who are they that they can claim an influence on Hallyu? They must be scared their market in China will be affected since it was because of SHK they were able to gain profits there. They must be scared to reveal more about the contract since it must not be in their favor. It's not like they're a rookie company.. why are their manners so bad. It goes on like that. 

It's a bit frustrating that public sentiment was so generally negative/mixed towards SHK when it was just SHK/UAA vs. J.Estina. But I'm still really grateful towards NEW in this case for releasing statements which basically backed up SHK. I mentioned to @hclover96 that I hoped NEW would get involved but doubted they would because it's not an easy thing to do and the whole issue at that time was getting so messy, especially with J.Estina dragging in SHK's past unnecessarily. NEW could have just as easily decided not to get involved. But I'm glad they saw that SHK was in the right and also decided to take a stand against J.Estina. I think it was really important that they did this because not only did it place a bigger pressure on J.Estina, but it also seemed to help sway the general public opinion from just associating SHK with her past scandal, per J.Estina's dirty tactic.  NEW's statements reinforced and legitimized the claims made by SHK's side.  Also, it seems like once it was revealed that NEW was discussing legal action against J.Estina as well, J.Estina just finally caved. 

It's always a bit scary to me how fast public sentiment can turn. I'm happy that this issue will be finally over with and that it seems everything will work out positively for SHK. But it's also a bit unnerving to think that this ugly sentiment could have just as easily been targeted towards SHK again. I'm sure she knew that going in. Her mentality is so strong. 

Anyways, cheers to positive news! :D 

I should give you 1000++ likes...glad NEW come to rescue ..

• Like 3

8 hours ago, smiletall said:

I agree. Not cool at all. 

Thank you @smiletall for your analysis of the lawsuit and the sentiment in South Korea. I was of course standing with Song Hye Kyo in this lawsuit but I am also happy that's over so that Song Hye Kyo can turn her attention back to reading and selecting scripts.

On the SongHyeKyoZone Instagram: I agree with @twtwb that although I am not a translator, I appreciate the work of the translator. If we take the work of the translator and post them on our website, the least we can do is to properly give credit to the translators. THat's why I will continue to speak out if I still see that she takes the translation here to her site without properly giving credit to the translators.

• Like 7

Thank you everyone, especially @smiletall. Bravo to NEW. NEW has indeed produced some good movies. It would be great if they can come up with a great script and invite Song Hye Kyo to be the main lead in one of their upcoming movies.

• Like 4

Thank you @smiletall and I do seriously appreciate NEW for coming in and setting things straight.  I agree, it was very sad to see everyone just jump on her about what JE said, despite it being such an obvious dirty trick to bring up her weakness, that had nothing to do with the the issue at hand.  A company can not both claim she's a liability like they did, and yet continue to use her image.  It doesn't work like that and they knew that.  It was so unnecessary for things to get this ugly and JE will suffer the consequences of their disgusting actions.  Hallyu wave contributor?  Not anymore.  Not ever without SHK tbh. 

Anyway, let's focus on more positive news now.  I'm so glad this was settled quickly! 

• Like 11

To be honest, I am still angry with J Estina. They are the company that violates contract, copyright law and Song Hye Kyo's rights as an artist and they used her past to sway the attention of the public from their violations. They get benefits from the stars and now they are they influence Hallyu stars and dont want to create a bad image on the stars as if they withdrew their case out of a favor for Song Hye Kyo while in fact they withdrew because they new that they were in the wrong side.

Hundreds of businesses violate 'Descendants of the Sun' publicity rights: producers

SEOUL, April 29 (Yonhap) -- Producers of the South Korean hit TV series "Descendants of the Sun" said Friday there have been hundreds of violations of their rights to control the commercial use of the show's identity, also known as publicity rights.

Production company NEW said it will press charges against these violators and is currently in the process of collecting evidence to present to the authorities.

"Hundreds of businesses have tried to advertise products using scenes taken from our show without permission," an official with the company told Yonhap News Agency.

Businesses "of all shapes and sizes" in both South Korea and China have tried to take advantage of the show's success, NEW said.

"Even if their products have nothing to do with our show, they have used our images in their advertising," the official said.

Even the official sponsors of the show starring actor Song Joong-ki and actress Song Hye-kyo have violated its rights, but NEW says most of them removed images that would have made them liable when producers raised the issue.

The announcement comes with actress Song locked in a legal feud with J.ESTINA, a jewelry maker that she says used her images from the KBS 2TV series without permission.

In refuting Song's claims, the jeweler, one of the show's sponsors, publicly revealed a copy of the sponsorship contract earlier this week.

NEW has sided with the actress, saying although J.ESTINA made deals with the production company, it did not have one with Song. Therefore, the company said, the jeweler should have asked the actress separately for permission.

"We never allowed J.ESTINA to use Song's personality rights without her permission," a NEW official said.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/culturesports/2016/04/29/0701000000AEN20160429002700315.html

Jewelry brand J.Estina accuses Song Hye-kyo of causing 'significant losses 

Next Entertainment World, however, denied J.Estina's claim that it has approved the commercial use of the image.

"It is widely perceived as a norm for a company to get permission from the talent in such cases," a source from Next Entertainment World told Star News Wednesday.

"Moreover, J.Estina was the only company that used snaps from the series for commercial purposes." the source added. "J.Estina did so without our consent. We warned the company several times against its excessive misappropriation."

According to a Dispatch report on Thursday, J.Estina inked a $61,000 contract with the Next Entertainment World to expose its products through the series twice.

The report said it was not problematic to wear jewelry products from companies other than the main sponsor J.Estina, quoting a source from TV series production firm, once the series exposed the products met the given product placement quota.

"A production company cannot force an actor or actress to put on jewelry from a company with a product placement contract," the source was quoted as saying.

The Firm said that J.Estina had "tarnished the actress' reputation" by bringing up her tax irregularities and would "take action against it."

"This is such an outrageous act," a lawyer from the agency told Sports Daily Wednesday. "The first thing they do is shred the reputation of an actress. We are very intimidated (by their act of misleading the public)."

J.Estina exposed its products including earrings and necklaces through product placement in the series that stirred global attention, prompting its net sales to soar about 70 per cent on-year in March.

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/showbiz/jewelry-brand-jestina-accuses-song-hye-kyo-causing-significant-losses#sthash.zfm2f0u5.dpuf

• Like 8

Just saw SongHyeKyoZone's ig, looks like SHK is done with her phuket trip. Hope she had fun and continue to show us her brilliant acting in her next project as we will all continue to show our love and support to her.

I still cant get over with her in DOTS yet, re-watching it for the 4th time now :wub:

• Like 2

Guest RoseS

thanks song6416, want to do but do not know HOW(hide the photos):blink:

Song Hye Kyo at Thailand airport, back to Korea

Hậu Duệ Của Mặt Trời - Descendants Of The Sun- VietFan
12 mins · 

Sau một hồi đi chơi thì nay chị đã về nước. Hình chụp tại sân bay Thái Lan
Cre: Kikyo Shipper
‪#‎MH‬

Hậu Duệ Của Mặt Trời -  Descendants Of The Sun- VietFan's photo.
Seeing KBS1 will has a event(something at Hospital, May 4, 11 and has SHK's photo. Bing translation, not understand.....

very well said @twtwb... Thanks for the insight. I admire SHK as she doesnt do something just for money, she knew exactly what she should do and what she shouldnt do. As a celebrity, whatever she does will have significant effect and influence to the public and therefore, she consider all types of possibilities before accepting any offer as to not create wrong impression to the public. Such an honest and good character she has. Bravo! The world needs more people like Song Hye Kyo unnie!

• Like 9