Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

Guest abcchin

omg. the blogger is so effin lucky! I'm diggin CJH's new hair color! The color looks like a red/purple hue which is eye catching!! xD Btw the church place looks really nice. 
@mdolphins I always feel that Choi Jin Hyuk x Choi Yeo Jin have really good chemistry. They look really compatible with each other too. Somehow I feel like CJH is quite comfortable around Choi Yeo Jin.. no matter BTS, interviews and etc. Would love to see them in a project I hope! xD 

Guest mdolphins

abcchin said: omg. the blogger is so effin lucky! I'm diggin CJH's new hair color! The color looks like a red/purple hue which is eye catching!! xD Btw the church place looks really nice. 
@mdolphins I always feel that Choi Jin Hyuk x Choi Yeo Jin have really good chemistry. They look really compatible with each other too. Somehow I feel like CJH is quite comfortable around Choi Yeo Jin.. no matter BTS, interviews and etc. Would love to see them in a project I hope! xD 

Promo EP06【꽃할배수사대 Flower Grandpas Investigation Team 花樣爺爺搜查 Hyuk make a cameo again!

@abcchin‌ hahaha! You are very efficient! I just share the MV in Twitter and you already post it here! Thanks for always making this thread stay alive!

Guest mdolphins

AWESOME!!!! Thanks @booha for sharing the news and thanks @PolarisCat for loading the promo. Whatever happens the scene looks like it is going to be interesting.  =D>

Here's the earlier Elle video of CJH with Chinese Subs. I can't remember if the subbed version was posted before, but I don't think so. I searched back a couple of pages and didn't see it, so I'm posting it here.

Credit to CJH Chinese FanClub (uploader)

@PolarisCat - do you want to eng sub this video? Let me know if you need help with translation, but I thought since it's Chinese to English, you should be fine. :)

Guest abcchin

Repost; from @PolarisCatBpWJBPwIUAEoZ4D.jpg
OMG THAT HAIR THAT HAIR in the end of the preview. MY WEAKNESS. totally my weakness. /dies i can't. /spazzzzz/flails his hair... omg. T__T best hair ever
@PolarisCat LOL I hope to share and spread the love of CJH around ..this guy def deserve more love! hahah hence I'll def post when I have time. I guess this will be a place everyone will be able to read and keep up on his stuff.. even backtrack are filled with his news and etc. :)

Hello everybody     Nice to see more postings Thank you!!!    Here is the translation for Choi borther & sister ( CJH/ Choi Yei Jin)

Yes the video turned to be a long one even with captions but as everybody remarked how much these two looked interesting, I agreed too.   I could see CJH and CYJ are definitely chums.   Their body language and their teasing indicate that they knew each other for awhile(for how long??)   When CYJ teasingly said ‘since I will not have anything to do ‘ the way CJH reacted by lightly tapping her showed he knew her well. ( (754) [ CYJ: I’ll definitely attend it since I will not have anything to do…] )  If one is from Asia, one is very familiar about his reaction.  So it’s nice to see his personal side showing through in the public event. CYJ seems pretty cool too. It’s interesting to see how she interacted with him and how he reacted.   If they could act friendly like that in public, it could be more likely they have a relationship as colleagues.
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt"Choi Jin Hyuk+Choi Yei jin 123 43

cr to uploader

PkVz2pZ.jpg

(001) Ann-yeong-ha-se-yo (How are you) to the viewers
(003) Nice to meet you. I’m CHoi Jin Hyuk
(006) Nice to meet you. I’m Choi Yei Jin
(010) [Today News] [‘ERMW’ CJH & CYJ, Sweet Runway]
(031) [ice cream brand] [New menu launching event]
(035) [The rising star CJH]
(042) [The Fashionista CYJ]
(052) [Drama: ‘ERMW’ , they worked together.]
(058) [Together, they attended the ice cream brand event.]

(104) CYJ ‘This event is about the launching of a new ice cream menu.'
(106) [The reason for attending it?] ‘
(109) [CYJ: The concept for the ice cream is a perfect pair.]
(112) [ Therefore this perfect pair, Choi brother & sister, was invited for the occasion.]

(120) [what have you been doing since the end of the drama?]
(124) [CJH: I have been shooting the coming MBC drama, FTLY.]
(130) [ And I have been busy with other things.]
(133) [CYJ: After the drama, I tried to tackle those postponed chores.]
(140) [ At the present I study hard.]
(144) [CJH: She takes school seriously.]
(146) CYJ: ‘ I should keep going to school.’
(147) [unexpected…]
(149) [ CYJ: I’m surprised too that I’m going to school…]
(155) [CJH & CYJ, brother & sister, fantasy walking]
(159) [They did an actual runway.]
(213) [CYJ: It feels good doing it together with a big star. ]
(219) [CJH: I too feel honored by working together with CYJ.]

(224) [How about the runway impression?]
(226) [CYJ: We didn’t really think we came for the fashion show.]
(228) [ It’s more like we came on stage to greet?]
(232) [ It was too short to be called a runway.]
(234) CYJ: ‘I don’t think it can be called a runway.’
(241) [CJH: This isn’t my first.]
(243) [ I did it twice for the Seoul collection.]
(247) [ Actually I feel awkward on this kind of a stage.]
(252) [ Like standing on the stage as a model!]
(258) [ I’m not very comfortable in such a spot.]

(302) [ Pro model action time]
(308) [CYJ’s unique fashion style]
(311) [commonly acknowledged Fashionista ]
(316) [ What kind of fashionable item will become popular in summer?]
(320) [CYJ: The summer means revealing.]
(322) [ The body should be healthy and beautifully cared for.]
(328) [ Rather than styling fancifully I prefer]
(330) [ hot pants with tee shirt and sneakers]
(332) [ such as a basic and simple style of clothes.]
(336) [ If I wear too fanciful ones,]
(337) [ since I look a sort of plain/flat.] (CYJ used the word which is a bit hard to translate. Just one(as a woman) has to read in context and how CJH responded and CYJ teased him playfully. )
(338) [ it will destroy me.]
(341) [CJH: You don’t look like plain.] CYJ, ‘really?!’
(344) [CYJ: So are you saying that it is strange if one is not plain (looking)?]
(346) [CJH: You have individuality.]
(348) [CYJ: please say I’m pretty! Please]
(352) [CJH: I think we all, men and women, need to diet.] (a bit difficulty in translation about what he said and it might not be accurate. But the content shouldn’t be as important as the way the two acted to each other throughout.)
(357) [ Especially a man does weight training]
(401) [ to strengthen muscle]
(404) [ and then with wearing a short sleeve tee shirt]
(408) [ he who has a well formed figure appears to look different.]  CYJ, ‘Yes!’
(413) [production crew: ‘Since you two look good physically, it’s easy to say that?’]
(418) [CJH: haha no! I’m not!]
(420) [CYJ: I’m not that good in reality.]

(424) [Through drama, showing off an amazing body]
(427) [is there a secret method for managing one’s body?]
(432) [CJH: It’s embarrassing to call it a secret method.]
(437) [ But I try not to eat high calorie food.]
(441) [About fried or fast foods, I may have it once a year or none at all.]
(448) [Normally I do a lot of pushups and abdominal exercise.]
(456) [it would be a good idea for oneself to continuously think about it/ be aware of it.]
(459) CYJ. ‘He’s right about it.’
(502) [CYJ: The basic thing about having a health body is all about life habits.]
(507) [ Like JHsi, one has to manage not only about food but also about one’s activity like exercise.]
(512) [Actually to diet means one has to be careful about food.]
(519) [but the diet food price can be expensive and it spoils fast.]
(523) [ And one has to shop frequently too.]
(527) [it means if one is lazy one might neglect oneself.]
(530) CJH ‘You are right. One has to be very diligent,’

(534) [The perfect pair concept for the event]
(546) [the cozy looking couple, CYJ & CJH]
(553) [ What flavor of ice cream would you pick to reflect the other?]
(555) CJH ‘That’s a hard question.’
(558) [CYJ: JHsi is strong chocolate.]
(6002) [ very sweet ~]
(606) CJH ‘Don’t do it!’
(609) [CYJ: For JHsi, I think his laughing expression is adorable and lovable.]
(616) [ He is a real man with s a strong chocolate flavoring.]
(622) [The flavor represents sculpted handsome CJH.]
(625) [CJH: Thank you very much]
(629) [CJH: Today’s new products have the flavor of mango and raspberry’.]
(634) [ I think the raspberry flavor goes well with her’]
(637) [ Noona has a personality that is vibrant, fresh and (?) …]
(641) [CJH: NO?] [CYJ: You gave the right answer!]
(644) [CYJ: However when listening to it I felt a tickling yet embarrassed.]
(648) CJH ‘It was the same for me too.’ ( He meant about the flattering words by CYJ.)
(648) [ This exchange of compliments to each other grows affection.]
(649) CYJ ‘I’m sorry.’

(652) [GFB- WR]
(657) [Heirs- Kim Won]
(702) [ERMW. The charming OCM]
(708) [From the big hit drama to the movie, God’s Trick]
(712) [CJH, running on a popularity highway]

(717) [Future activity??]
(719) [CJH: in July the movie, God’s Trick, will be opened.]
(726) [And at the same time the new drama, FTLY will be broadcasted.]
(733) [i would like to see a lot of viewers interested and loving the drama.]
(737) [CYJ: Ooh~~ Our JHsi is doing well!]
(740) [ So cool ~~]
(741) [ I’m going to ( .. ) the drama by JHsi ]
(748) [ planning to watch the drama]
(750) [CJH: Will you come to the preview event?]
(751) CYJ ‘Of course! ‘
(754) [ CYJ: I’ll definitely attend it since I will not have anything to do…]
(757) CYJ ‘Please watch our JHsi in the drama.’ CJH ‘Thank you’
(759) [ CYJ, definite wifey’s assistance]
(804) CYJ ‘Thank you for coming to Choi brother & sister event. It might be a hot summer so try a mango/raspberry ice cream but after eating it don’t forget to exercise! Enjoy a healthy summer .’
(825) CJH ‘I’ll have a lot more opportunity to see you. Please wait with expectation and cheer our Choi brother & sister Always be healthy and be happy!

Guest mdolphins

Thanks for the translation, the flattering way they bantered back in forth was so cute!!! I love their chemistry even if it is just friends, because it is probably difficult for them to make friends with people in that industry.

Guest abcchin

Since they know each other since INR (I think)... so they could have maintain this "friendship/relationship" since awhile ago... The interview was really interesting to read! Thanks @booha!! I really like the warm up feeling between both of them. xD The way CJH playfully hit on CYJ. hahaha I like them both! :x
tumblr_n6q95khQ531r6tcjeo1_500.gif*O* cr: CJH DCinside
and another additional pic of him in ELLEtumblr_n6nyr1ILjY1rlsoi8o1_500.jpg

@Celes80 hahaha! Okay, I'll make the translation and do the Eng sub tonite if you gals dun mind my poor Eng :) Btw, @booha if you have time, could you reconfirm what he is mentioning at around 00:28-00:35? He's talking the most impressive character of villain? Is it right? But what's the exact answer then? (The ELLE interview which Celes has posted in the above)

For the Haagen Dazs Interview, I'll try if Eng sub is possible.

Latest news from Japan:

EC will finally be broadcasting in Japan this autumn!!! :) On Mnet Japan. Yeah!! Here's hoping that the Japanese folks like EC as much as we do - it also means there will be many interviews and articles about EC in the run-up promo to it being shown in Japan. If there are interesting ones, I'll translate it out K!

http://korepo.com/archives/38736

In Korea, I think there is another promo activity for "The Divine Move" coming up:

http://mintlady.shinhan.com/

映画「神の一手」の監督、7人の主演たちと一緒に「神の一手」試写会の舞台挨拶 (For the movie "The Divine Move", the director and the 7 key cast members will be appearing on stage and greeting the audience at the movie preview)

日時:6/29 (29 June) 時間:午後13:00 (1pm)  場所:釜山ロッテシネマ (Busan Lotte Cinema)

日時:7/5  (5 July) 時間:午前10:30 (10.30am)  場所:ソウルロッテシネマ (Seoul Lotte Cinema)

Godstrick_zps074a6963.jpg

Official Poster

Godstrick2_zpsb82042a2.jpg

@PolarisCat  Sorry!!   He gave an answer but I have no idea who that person is since he only mentioned (I think) the character name.

@celes80  That ‘s great news! I hope EC cast will do some kind of promotional activity in Japan. JH could have another fan meeting in Japan if he will be available then.

@abcchin    Thank you for posting

EngSub【ELLE Interview】Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 チェ・ジニョク  20140522 

* Translation: ilovereese, PolarisCat / Sina Weibo* Subtitles Production: PolarisCat / Sina Weibo, Soompi* Video Source: ELLE TV
** BTW, I'm not sure what he is saying at around 00:28-36. He has mentioned a character/actor or movie/drama title? According to the question, I found the proximate answer. @booha , do you think he's mentioning that? Or, do you have any clue after reading the interview articles? 
@Celes80 @Yeekrfan2
Here is the long interview of the ELLE (2014 Jun Issue):

http://m.elle.co.kr/article/view.asp?MenuCode=en010302&intSno=10466 @booha‌
tumblr_n6sivsPGiv1tnpt5vo3_500.jpg
tumblr_n6sivsPGiv1tnpt5vo2_1280.jpg

@PolarisCat 
Thank you for the translation!    Yep The article has the same question. You got it right: the actor, Heath Ledger ( as the joker ).  I saw this movie but a movie like that usually comes through one side of my brain then goes out the other side.  Plus I guess I have to get familiar with his pronunciation since his new character in FTLY would be speaking some English.  But he sounds cute here.  Sometimes we Koreans have trouble pronouncing L and most of times it sounds like R.  (and 'th' pronunciation)

【7/6 SBS 접속! 무비월드 Access! Movie World。"The Divine Move" Interview】Just found this video in DC jinhyuk.  Seems that it's so amazing to see though I don't know what they are talking about.It's nice to see the cute interactions between Jinhyuk & Jung Woo-sung Sunbae.

Here are some gifs from DC Jinhyuk. Cr as tagged.
tumblr_n6t1p5j2WB1shjtebo1_400.gif
tumblr_n6t1p5j2WB1shjtebo5_500.gif

tumblr_n6t1p5j2WB1shjtebo6_500.gif

And here are some actions!!

tumblr_n6t1p5j2WB1shjtebo2_500.gif

tumblr_n6t1p5j2WB1shjtebo3_500.gif

tumblr_n6t1p5j2WB1shjtebo7_500.gif

tumblr_n6t1p5j2WB1shjtebo8_500.gif

In Elle CJH was asked about his character in the movie, God’s Trick.  He said his character wasn’t going to be extremely bad.  When he first saw the character in the script, it was a real bad dude but later he had a discussion with pdnim to make it a bit gentler.  He said his character became in between bad and chic(?)  I was little worried before when I saw his bloody face in the movie teaser.  I knew he played a henchman to the arch villain.  But the movie is going to be released during FTLY drama.  I wondered whether the image of his bad character might overshadow his drama character.   Now I could see CJH knew about it so hopefully we will see his movie character with a lot of action and less of a mean side.

@PolarisCat  Thank you  I was quite surprised to see Jung Woo Sung acting like a jokester in the DM interview.  Normally he acted rather reserved in other events but in this video he tipped off his hat and acted funny.  I’ll try to translate it since some parts were already translated.

etm7d81.jpg
cr to DC

I’ve carried on with watching INR this weekend, and I’m now up to episode 14.  Yes, it got a bit better after ep 6/7 so I’ve blazed through it a bit faster after being stuck at ep 3 for the longest time… LOL.  The INR thread is dead, so do you guys mind if I post my thoughts on CJH here?

CJH is absolutely gorgeous as the President of the hotel.  The best thing about his character is how brazenly frank and honest he is. He’s never afraid of letting IY know about his feelings.  Happy, sad, when he’s about to hurt him etc.  I still can’t stand IY and I don’t understand why Sung-hyun would even like her.  I really hated it when IY was using Sung-hyun when she obviously still loved KSS, but the show became a lot more watchable for me when she started to love him for real.  Does anyone remember the scene in ep 14 when CJH was speaking English to some guests at a party?  I thought his diction was OK, although it did sound very memorised and forced – as if he was trying very hard to just spit out his lines to get it over and done with.  His eyes weren’t focussed on the person he was speaking to.  Haha.  When watching this part, I was suddenly reminded of the fact that he had asked for the English-speaking lines in FTLY to be the barest minimum possible and then I burst out laughing again.  It’s OK, CJH.  I still love you anyway. 
Anyway, plot aside, what I really wanted to say was that I think CJH’s acting was still rather raw here.  Having seen his performance in GFB, The Heirs and then EC, then going back to see his earlier works, there is a marked difference.  He wasn’t as emotive in his facial expressions and body language in INR.  I’ve kind of gotten used to his exceptionally high acting standards, and so while it wasn’t all that bad then, he was definitely not as good in acting as he is now.  The scene where a tear trickled down his face when IY said no to his proposal, I didn’t quite get it from him.  Was it supposed to be sadness, or anger, or a mixture of both?  I didn’t feel anything at all.  Nothing tugged at my heartstrings, even though his character was supposed to be very pitiful.  In contrast, the same tear down the face in GFB just tore me apart.  Of course the storyline is different then, and we can’t compare but his emotions just didn’t come through for me, you know?  Many other scenes in INR before that too, when he was fighting with IY over the fiancée plot, I just didn’t feel it.  The rest of you may beg to differ and that’s OK but this is just my personal opinion. :) I’m just so glad that he’s matured quite a lot in his acting since.  He did say in the Japan FM that INR was the drama where he first started to feel that acting was enjoyable, so I’m glad he took on this role nonetheless.  Oh, and he sang too! That’s always good.  Haha.

Another article from dramabeans on the movie God's Trick/Divine Move.  Click on link here for photos!
Jung Woo-sung’s game of life and death in God’s Play

So, when I first heard about this movie God’s Play about a baduk player, I wondered how on earth they’d raise the stakes and keep things interesting. Because there are really only so many times you can watch people play the same game in one movie. The answer, as it turns out, is genius-simple: You make Jung Woo-sung and Choi Jin-hyuk take off their shirts, stick them in a giant freezer, put a knife in the board, and THEN they play baduk. Of course! Silly me.

The new movie from Quick director Jo Beom-gu is based on a novel of the same name and features baduk as a gambling game. So despite the premise sounding more cerebral and featuring a hero who is an excellent baduk player and strategist by nature, it follows a familiar trajectory for any gambling movie where the villain is the house and the underdog hero seeks to take it all in one game of life and death.

Jung Woo-sung (Cold Eyes) stars as the downtrodden hero who loses his brother and gets sent to prison for a crime he didn’t commit, all at the hands of Lee Beom-soo (Triangle), the head of an illegal gambling house for baduk. The hero spends years in prison shoring up the skills to defeat him at his own game, and enlists the help of pro players Ahn Sung-ki(Jury), Kim In-kwon (Born to Sing), and Ahn Gil-kang (Three Days).

With their help, he sets a trap for Lee Beom-soo and they’ll play a game where the loser literally loses his life. Lee Shi-young (Golden Cross) plays a femme fatale, and Choi Jin-hyuk (Emergency Couple) is Lee Beom-soo’s right-hand man who runs the gambling floor, and also plays baduk shirtless in sub-zero temperatures for kicks. OH, here’s a thought — what if they didn’t start out shirtless? Strip baduk, anyone?

God’s Play opens July 3.