Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [completed JTBC Drama 2024]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

19 hours ago, Coco P said:

I found this clip randomly on youtube. Thank you for the English translation provided in the youtube link itself, so we could understand the interview. Choi Jin Hyuk and Kim Jae Joong talks about their friendship. 

@Coco P  thanks for sharing this. My 1st time to watch it. I didn't know they're that close.   :glee:

• Like 2

@willenette I hope you enjoyed it. Below is the FULL version. But even though auto translation is enabled, I found it hard to understand. Not sure if anyone can translate it. But enjoy the visuals anyway. :D 

12 hours ago, Coco P said:

@willenette I hope you enjoyed it. Below is the FULL version. But even though auto translation is enabled, I found it hard to understand. Not sure if anyone can translate it. But enjoy the visuals anyway. :D 

@Coco P I had fun watching it.   :getmygrooveon:   Here's the rough Eng trans - I guess they started their friendship when they were in the army. Both reported for for active duty.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, willenette said:

@Coco P I had fun watching it.   :getmygrooveon:   Here's the rough Eng trans - I guess they started their friendship when they were in the army. Both reported for for active duty.

Gosh I checked out that video before because it said 'rough ENG trans'  but I missed the trans box on the screen.  So this time I had it on a full sreen and spotted the trans. haha  Thank you  😊
It seems Jaejoong fan did translation for a portion.

On 8/27/2024 at 9:05 AM, Coco P said:

Thanks for posting videos.:heartxoxo:        Sorry to say the full version doesn't have translation. 

**Right after the drama 'Miss Night and Day' was over,  each of CJH, Jeong Eun Ji and Lee Jeong Eun  gave interviews which someone translated. 

((Choi Jin Hyuk))

https://mydramalist.com/article/i-m-not-a-serious-person-choi-jin-hyuk-comments-he-is-different-from-his-on-screen-characters

(sources)

"I'm not a serious person": Choi Jin Hyuk Comments He Is Different from His On-Screen Characters

by Lily Alice, August 9, 2024

Choi Jin Hyuk sat for a drama interview for the first time in ten years for Miss Night and Day.

In the K-drama, Choi Jin Hyuk played the role of Gye Ji Woong, a prosecutor who appears cold on the outside but harbors a painful past. Talking about the drama, he said, "I didn't expect it to fail, but it received even more love than I anticipated. The chemistry and rapport among the actors were so good that it seems to have drawn in the viewers."

Read on to know more about what Choi Jin Hyuk expressed:

Spoiler

This is your first interview after the end of a drama in 10 years since The Heirs.

was planning to do one after Tunnel but couldn't because it overlapped with my overseas schedule. Since Devilish Joy, I haven't taken a single day off and have been working on projects continuously. With three projects a year, it wasn't easy to conduct interviews. It feels very new to be doing an interview after 10 years. I'm really glad that I did this drama. It's a valuable and good work. If there are good projects in the future, I plan to keep working without a break. I'm always grateful that my fans support me no matter what I do, and I feel that I need to repay their trust and support.

Miss Night and Day was broadcast worldwide through Netflix. Do you feel the global popularity increasing?

My Instagram followers increased by about 60,000 to 70,000 after the broadcast. Originally, the comments on my posts were mostly in Korean, English, or Japanese, but recently there are many in Arabic. Seeing this, I realize that there are more international fans now. I anticipated that this drama, being bright and of the fantasy genre, would be popular overseas.

Do you have any memorable reactions [from viewers]?

The best response was that people found it fun. I liked hearing that characters like Mi Jin and Im Sun seemed one and the same, and personally, I enjoyed hearing that ‘The Gye Ji Woong trio is so funny.’ We also felt a lot of that on set. The staff also said that it was best when the three of us were together. I hoped the viewers would have the same feeling, and it seems they did.

Some have said that Gye Ji Woong had less screen time compared to Im Sun and Mi Jin. Your thoughts.

In a way, Gye Ji Woong is a supporting character to Mi Jin and Im Sun. ... Since Mi Jin and Im Sun's story was the main focus, if I had acted [in a way that made me] stand out, it might have disrupted the viewers’ immersion. Gye Ji Woong is cynical. He needed to strike a balance, neither too heavy nor too light. I thought maintaining the tone was my role in the drama. I am firmly against acting to stand out. I prepared by thoroughly reading the script from start to finish.

What aspects of Gye Ji Woong did you focus on while acting?

When portraying Gye Ji Woong, I didn't want to act as if I was doing something great just because he's a prosecutor. I tried to be simple. In fact, pretending to be cool doesn't make you cool but when you're naturally cool without pretending to be. So I approached the character naturally.

fecWlXk.jpg 

Spoiler

Your synergy with Yoon Byung Hee in the drama was also an element of fun.

When I act with Byung Hee, there are times when we can't act because we both laugh so much. There is a scene where I shout and he falls, but during the actual shoot, I shouted differently than in the rehearsal, and he was so startled. I couldn't hold back my laughter, so if you look closely at the full shot, you can see me smiling slightly. We had such good chemistry that there were many times when we gave absurd ad-libs and we both burst out laughing.

Your co-stars Jung Eun Ji and Lee Jung Eun played the same role. Your thoughts.

At first, it was interesting but also challenging. But as I met them during the day and night, and saw how well they handled their parts, they began to look like one and the same. ... Sometimes, they made similar gestures, which made me think they truly did a great job working hard.

How did you spend your time after KBS 2TV's Zombie Detective?

After Zombie DetectiveI thought I needed time to think about acting. It was a period when I revisited my thoughts on acting and my original intentions. I also began to think about the people who were important to me and how I should treat them well. I gave a lot of thought to my attitude towards participating in projects and how I interact with people. Then I started acting again with MBC's Numbers, and then Miss Night and DayMiss Night and Day is a blessing for me.

You have often played legal professionals, both in Miss Night and Day and other projects. Why do you think that is? Are you not interested in trying new types of characters?

After doing Pride and Prejudice, where I fitted well into the role, I ended up taking on many prosecutor or lawyer roles. I've often been told I seem cold and intimidating if I don't speak. That might have had some influence. But, I don't choose projects based solely on the profession of the character. If the opportunity arises, I would definitely like to play a proper villain role or explore the noir genre.

Was there a reason you showed your personal life on My Little Old Boy?

I had received the offer three years before I made the appearance. At first, I wondered why they wanted me. I am not a very fun person. But because I kept taking on serious roles, I wanted to show that I am not like that [in real life]. I wanted to show that I am not a serious person, but rather someone with wit and flaws, and that I am a person with many weaknesses. Since my acting is related to the roles I play, I thought it might help in shedding my serious image [in real life].

Should we take what we saw on the show as real?

My mother and I don't like lying, so you can consider what was shown on the show to be real. My mother had noticed that I had been deceived, and she didn't know about the girlfriend part. On the show, she did say things like, 'My son must have been going through a hard time.' I believe she was sincere. Sometimes, she gets frustrated with me and says things, but I think it's all out of affection.

What are your thoughts on approaching forty years of age?

My friends are actually in their 40s. But I was born earlier [than them], so I'm not forty yet, but I already think of myself as forty. When we were young, the number 40 seemed like an age when you could be considered an old man, but now it's just where I am. I don't have a strong feeling about the number itself. However, I think that I should act maturely because of my age and not be ashamed.

ucYczhH.png

((Jeong Eun Ji))

https://mydramalist.com/article/i-learned-a-lot-miss-night-and-day-jung-eun-ji-on-her-experience-acting-with-lee-jung-eun

(**She talks about CJH)

How was it working with Choi Jin Hyuk?

Spoiler

He really felt like hyung-nim [a respectful way to address someone elder], literally. So, I often called him hyung-nim. ... Honestly, when I first saw him, I thought he might be a bit cold and distant, but as soon as he smiled with a 'hehe,' I thought, 'Oh, That's unexpected.' After that, we got along well. He's someone who laughs a lot on set.

In real life, if you had to choose between a competent prosecutor and a younger idol, who would you choose?

Both the prosecutor and the idol seem intimidating (laughs). I think I'd prefer Gye Ji Woong. He seems reliable and someone I could depend on. Go Won gives off a vibe where I feel like I need to protect him more [rather than him protecting me].

((Lee Jeong Eun))

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-jung-eun-thanks-viewers-for-love-shown-towards-miss-night-and-day

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@booha Thank you for the English translation of that Interview! This one is so detailed and provided so much depth, allowing us to understand his thoughts properly 🙂 Wonderful! 💕

21 hours ago, Coco P said:

@booha Thank you for the English translation of that Interview! This one is so detailed and provided so much depth, allowing us to understand his thoughts properly 🙂 Wonderful! 💕

Hi  I'm glad you enjoyed reading CJH's interview. Yeah someone did a good translation for the interviewed articles.

(8/24)
choi jin hyuk insta story update
'what (am i) doing?'
vsNSiQj.jpg

CJH & Kim Jae-Joong

AYSygN6.jpg
cr to DC

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Coco P said:

Our dear Jin Hyuk will appear in tonight's broadcast of "My Little Old Boy" - 1 Sep 2024. I have a feeling this episode is going to be tear jerking, as he is preparing for Mongsil's last days. 

https://m.entertain.naver.com/article/408/0000234112#

@Coco P  Yes, during the episode, Choi Jin Hyuk was seen visiting the vet with Mongsil. He's holding on with the heartbreaking reality of saying goodbye to his first-ever dog as she battles a devastating cancer diagnosis. She has been part of his life for 13 years. Choi Jin Hyuk told the vet, "Since the last time you told me to 'prepare yourself for the worst,' I haven't had a good night's sleep. Almost every night, I check to make sure Mongsil is still with us." Mongsil's health had worsened since his last visit, prompting an ultrasound, revealing a large tumor in her heart. The vet explained, "What Mongsil has is similar to blood cancer in humans. The tumor is pressing against her heart, making it difficult for the heart to function. The cancer cells have spread to her heart, spleen, and even her skin." He said that Mongsil possibly only had about one to two weeks left, saying, "The pressure from the bleeding can cause sudden death, which is common in these cases." Choi Jin Hyuk was visibly shocked, saying, "I didn't realize it was that soon." Currently, Mongsil is on medication to slow the spread of the cancer, but the vet warned that if the cancer progresses to a point where the medication is no longer effective, the tumor could quickly grow larger. He admitted, "This is just too hard to accept. I don't even know how to prepare for the final goodbye." The vet comforted him by saying, "I know it's heartbreaking to even think about, but it's an inevitable part of life," and advised him to make arrangements for her body, given that she could pass away suddenly. Choi Jin Hyuk then visited a pet funeral home. There, he came across a photo of a dog that resembled Mongsil. The thought of losing Mongsil brought tears to his eyes. Even after returning home, he was still troubled. As he prepared a special meal for Mongsil, he lovingly told her, "Let's continue to be together for as long as we can, the three of us—me, Mom, and you. Okay, Mongsil?"   :emmm:

201980182_700.webp

201980181_700.webp

photos source : SBS Star

• Love 2

@willenette  @Coco P

Such sad news about Mongsil. :bawling:    But we know the average lifespan for dogs is between 10–13 years. As Mongsil is 13 years old, she has lived a full life.   At least in the video clip I was glad to see Mongsil made CJH happy by eating the meal prepared by him.

https://x.com/kstartrend/status/1830069518158160137

Choi Jin-hyeok's special meal for Mongsil

https://x.com/anne_the_fan/status/1830593911540400548

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, booha said:

@willenette  @Coco P

Such sad news about Mongsil. :bawling:    But we know the average lifespan for dogs is between 10–13 years. As Mongsil is 13 years old, she has lived a full life.   At least in the video clip I was glad to see Mongsil made CJH happy by eating the meal prepared by him.

Choi Jin-hyeok's special meal for Mongsil

https://x.com/anne_the_fan/status/1830593911540400548

@booha  Thanks for sharing the video. I LOL watching it, seeing him cut the carrots using scissors instead of knife - hehehe - Yes, but, the aging profile of dogs varies according to their adult size (often determined by their breed): smaller breeds have an average lifespan of 10-15 years, with some even exceeding 18 years in age. As I see Mongsil, she's a medium breed typically live for 10 to 13 years. Medium breeds are considered senior dogs when they hit 8 to 9 years old. I wonder what breed is she. Based on Dog Age Calculator: Dog Years to Human Years, she's 74-years old. When a dog is 13 years old, she/he's being less active, the dog is slowing down. She/He may still enjoy a long walk, but he is not quite as bright as she/he used to be.  :sad1:

• Like 2

@willenette   @Coco P

CJH dc fans had a good laugh with CJH’s cutting carrot with scissors. They said they preferred to use scissors mostly instead of a knife so no cleaning of a cutting board but it never occurred to them to cut carrots with scissors.  haha
About Mongsil, I searched and found ‘the Bolognese dog’ as a close match.  
((“The Bolognese breed is renowned for its affectionate, gentle nature. They’re very calm and loving. They don’t exhibit much aggression and are generally friendly towards people of all ages.”))

CJH picked Mongsil for his mom.  When he was cast for Gu Family Book(2013), it was filmed in Jeju Island for the duration.  At the time his mom had a severe back problem and had to confine herself to the house.   Since he couldn’t be with her, he bought Mongsil so his mom would have company.  Then we know CFB gave CJH a major career break after enduring ‘7 years actor’s purgatory’    As he is only a child and was close to military enlistment, he felt he had to find another career.  Then GFB saved him. He was supposed to be  only in first 2 episodes but his character brought such ‘ Wol-Ryung fever’ and viewers demanded his return.  When his OST was released and reached the top and they received a stream of people who called to congratulate,  (I read) he and his mom cried together.  
So I’m not surprised he (&his mom) felt Mongsil may be a lucky charm.  Yeah I used to say CJH had truly a kdrama career.  He had so many twists of up and down.  :crazymad:

**I’m glad CJH could take a break and went to Europe with his longtime buddy

st. moritz's morning

20 years friendship trip swiss 😍  hehehe

https://x.com/choijinhyuklove/status/1830964728489021680

Gqe15Xk.jpg

V3IXMfP.jpg

happy birthday mum ❤️

my mongsil miraculously got better 😍
https://x.com/choijinhyuklove/status/1831478519383343493

uJDQY9R.jpg

• Like 2

@booha @willenette Thanks for the updates and also I'm glad CJH went for a holiday break with his long time friend to celebrate their 20 years friendship. It's truly hard to find such friendships. I think they look quite similar? Especially nose and mouth. Tons of updates from CJH instagram and his friend's instagram.  😀 The views from Switzerland is really lovely, they picked the right climate to visit. 

5 hours ago, Coco P said:

@booha @willenette Thanks for the updates and also I'm glad CJH went for a holiday break with his long time friend to celebrate their 20 years friendship. It's truly hard to find such friendships. I think they look quite similar? Especially nose and mouth. Tons of updates from CJH instagram and his friend's instagram.  😀 The views from Switzerland is really lovely, they picked the right climate to visit. 

@Coco P  I do agree with you - They look quite similar. I believe it takes at least a year of ongoing contact to make genuine friendships. Instant friendship? There is no such thing. It can be challenging to find true friends. Firstly, true friendship takes time to develop. Meaningful connections don't happen overnight - they require consistent effort and investment from both people over an extended period. Switzerland is famous for its mountains and nature. I'm a cheese person and this is where I tasted the best cheese for me. This is one of the things about Switzerland that fascinate me. This place has no extremely cold winters or extremely hot summers. Thus, the Swiss temperature is moderate and generally agreeable.   :approves:

• Like 2

@willenette  @Coco P

First of all I'm glad  that Mongsil's treatment is still working and her condititon is getting better.
First time CJH took  2 vacations( very brief ones) were  just before his enlistment in 2015: One was in some south asian country and second, Jeju Island.   Now is 2024 and  CJH has earned this European vacation and happy to see they are  enjoying it.

haha So you are a cheese gal and had great cheese in Switzerland. It's interesting to learn that it has such unique weather as I assumed the place was cold.  
About his friendship with Park Ji Ahn, I guessed then  they must be very close when I saw PJA also had a dog(named Gwangsu) looking just like Mongsil.  But I didn't know their friendship went on 20 years.  You can say that's true friendship. 

(9/4)

IG(video clip) reposted from  choi jin hyuk insta story

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_g0uEryaF-/?img_index=1

my cutie mum

thank you from the bottom of my heart to the little old boy staff and mothers

https://x.com/choijinhyuklove/status/1831525460188262842

TeOyxYq.jpg

(posted 9.2)

first time to swiss

Spoiler

DAKSN5B.jpg

(9/3)

bad selfie takers..ssam(*) was annoyed so (he) took the pic for us

as expected its better when someone else takes the picture

*ssam = could be manager, hyung or someone close to the actor(??).

https://x.com/choijinhyuklove/status/1831104451345809592

Spoiler

FQLAqku.jpg

6qb6e13.jpg

(9/4)

IG;(2 full video clips with audio) reposted from jiahnpark 581  insta story

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_flaf_PJSb/?img_index=1

(1/3)

Picturesque driving course

(2/3)

Hiking today

• Like 2

**So CJH first met his friend during university orientation. However I know CJH had to drop out early because he didn’t have money. About a southern Mokpo dialect  CJH had to work very hard to learn using a Seoul dialect.  I wonder whether he uses his old dialect when he visits Mokpo.

Choi Jin-hyuk, taking a pictorial magazine in Switzerland… “20th anniversary trip,  this place is heaven”

Choi Jin-hyuk shared his daily life while traveling in Switzerland.

On 9/4, Choi Jin-hyuk said, "I'm on a trip to Switzerland with a friend to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We played golf and swam at the St. Moritz Kulm Hotel, and hiked around the Alpine mountains.   It felt like heaven."

He continued, "We took the Bernina Express and Switzerland is already experiencing fall. We rode the train to see the Alpine town of St. Moritz and the Engadin region.  We tried an old train built in the 1930s and ate delicious food."
He talked about his friend, "We met at university orientation. We had drawn each other after learning we came from the same hometown and spoke the same dialect.”

The photos released with the article show Choi Jin-hyuk traveling around Switzerland with his best friend. The two are smiling brightly while looking at the scenery outside on the train.

Meanwhile, Choi Jin-hyuk recently played the role of prosecutor Gye Ji-woong in the JTBC drama 'Miss Night and Day' and showed off his passionate acting. He is also currently appearing on the SBS entertainment program 'My Little Old Boy' and sharing his daily life.

https://v.daum.net/v/20240905103650219

SPmpNyl.jpg

1qwK1bX.jpg

cILe81H.jpg

Spoiler

sloPhaq.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/6/2024 at 12:25 PM, booha said:

@willenette  @Coco P

First of all I'm glad  that Mongsil's treatment is still working and her condititon is getting better.
First time CJH took  2 vacations( very brief ones) were  just before his enlistment in 2015: One was in some south asian country and second, Jeju Island.   Now is 2024 and  CJH has earned this European vacation and happy to see they are  enjoying it.

haha So you are a cheese gal and had great cheese in Switzerland. It's interesting to learn that it has such unique weather as I assumed the place was cold.  
About his friendship with Park Ji Ahn, I guessed then  they must be very close when I saw PJA also had a dog(named Gwangsu) looking just like Mongsil.  But I didn't know their friendship went on 20 years.  You can say that's true friendship. 

@booha  thanks for sharing that he's also from entertainment world, is he an actor? Sorry, not familiar about him.   :smooches2:

• Like 2

@willenette

Yeah there are not much info about him.  His IG shows he does some minor acting parts  periodically.   Yet he seems to be doing ok for himself.   I guess he does other things to make money. 

((from Park Ji Ahn IG)) (9/4)

(#7 photos) St.Moritz Klum Hotel

"There is a Par3 golf course at Kulm Hotel, so we played for two while walking, but it feels like the distance is longer because the altitude is high~"

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_fxMrfPJw2/?img_index=1

wnmHDJs.png

(#11 photos) This is Lucerne!
- Looking at the Chapel Bridge from a restaurant in Lucerne on a rainy day
It was quiet and charming
- The old town with its old charm, stores with stylish signs~
- The view of Lake Lucerne from the hotel room we were staying in
was so beautiful that it made us forget the fatigue of traveling.
- I wish more people could experience all these scenes!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_kyeSAvYnm/?img_index=1

ToDV3j2.png

(#2 photos / #2 clips)

After seeing the best view in Pilatus, we headed to Basel~
A shot on the Rhine River!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_l13DiTNfl/?img_index=4

Jguc73d.png

• Like 2

(9/6)

(choi jin hyuk IG):   real_jinhyuk

'Efforts to take a great photo of the Chapel Bridge…'7Lg5ouz.jpg

(9/4)

(choi jin hyuk IG):   real_jinhyuk

https://www.instagram.com/p/C_foqLTSxzG/?img_index=1

MkTEYu8.jpg

Spoiler

kcCvidK.jpg

3zvdMfY.jpg

22DU3xo.jpg

(9/4)
choi jin hyuk insta post update
https://x.com/choijinhyuklove/status/1831525168365367391
mkrVGCz.jpg

Spoiler

4dO1DeE.jpg

771d3WH.jpg

q3TNIPX.jpg

• Like 2

@booha @willenette This trip that they have...does it seems like a combination of working and leisure trip? Because I saw that they even hired a hairstylist to go along with them. It make sense now why CJH has immaculate hair styling in all his photos here. 😁 Who knows, maybe this will eventually land both of them hosting some kind of travel shows together in the future. That would be fun to watch.