Choi Jin Hyuk 최진혁 [Current SBS Variety Show]'My Little Old Boy'; [completed MBC Drama 2023] "Numbers"; [Upcoming JTBC 2024 Drama]"She Is Different Day and Night 낮과 밤이 다른 그녀"

booha

23 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Btw, anyone here loves watching CJH and JNR in behind the scene? They're so comfortable around each other. :D

Yes wouldn’t it be nice if the writer would have them acting like that later as a married couple in TLE. :)  

• Like 1

@willenette

Thank you chingu It looks like CJH is done with TLE.  I guess I have to wait to see what the writer will do with his character.  

**I don’t know how to respond with this late news. CJH will not appear in the extended TLE eps. 

9odrKNw.jpg

Choi Jin Hyuk Unable To Appear In Final Episodes Of “The Last Empress” Due To Schedule

Feb 14, 2019
by R. Jun

Choi Jin Hyuk will not be appearing in the extended portion of SBS’s “The Last Empress” due to scheduling conflicts.

Earlier this week, it was revealed that “The Last Empress” would be extended to 52 episodes, four 30-minute episodes longer than its original 48. As a result, the finale will air next week on February 21.

February 15, a source from SBS said to My Daily, “Choi Jin Hyuk, who is playing the role of Wang Sik/Woo Bin, has finished filming all of his parts through episode 48. Due to his schedule, he will not be appearing in the episodes airing on February 20 and 21.”

The source added, “We sincerely thank Choi Jin Hyuk, who put his all into his character, and the remaining actors and staff will do their best. We ask for your continued love and support.”

Choi Jin Hyuk’s agency, G-Tree Creative, also made the announcement, saying, “Due to scheduling conflicts, Choi Jin Hyuk is not appearing in [‘The Last Empress’] after yesterday’s episodes. Because of a previously scheduled fan meeting in Taiwan, it was unavoidable that he wrap up filming.”

Source (1)

Jin Hyuk: There are some people who have already read the article ... I had my last appearance in yesterday broadcast, so I will not appear next week.   
Thank you very much for the viewers who watched it, and my fans who cheered hard…

YWjsInt.gif

1 hour ago, booha said:

@willenette

Thank you chingu It looks like CJH is done with TLE.  I guess I have to wait to see what the writer will do with his character.  

**I don’t know how to respond with this late news. CJH will not appear in the extended TLE eps.

Choi Jin Hyuk Unable To Appear In Final Episodes Of “The Last Empress” Due To Schedule

Feb 14, 2019
by R. Jun

Choi Jin Hyuk will not be appearing in the extended portion of SBS’s “The Last Empress” due to scheduling conflicts.

Earlier this week, it was revealed that “The Last Empress” would be extended to 52 episodes, four 30-minute episodes longer than its original 48. As a result, the finale will air next week on February 21.

February 15, a source from SBS said to My Daily, “Choi Jin Hyuk, who is playing the role of Wang Sik/Woo Bin, has finished filming all of his parts through episode 48. Due to his schedule, he will not be appearing in the episodes airing on February 20 and 21.”

The source added, “We sincerely thank Choi Jin Hyuk, who put his all into his character, and the remaining actors and staff will do their best. We ask for your continued love and support.”

Choi Jin Hyuk’s agency, G-Tree Creative, also made the announcement, saying, “Due to scheduling conflicts, Choi Jin Hyuk is not appearing in [‘The Last Empress’] after yesterday’s episodes. Because of a previously scheduled fan meeting in Taiwan, it was unavoidable that he wrap up filming.”

Source (1)

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. Like you, we just have to wait & see what will happen to his character in the story. I really don't dig long drama EPs but since CJH is in it, I have no choice but to watch this drama. :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, namjiho said:

I'm disappointed with the news.. :tears: How could the lead actor be absent on the final episode? Are they really going to kill his character so that Sunny and Emperor will be the end game? I guess CJH-JNR as drama couples are really not meant to be.. Haha 

Hi namjiho the writer/s should have stuck to the original no. of episodes...   How can we expect Jang Nara & Choi Jin Hyuk to have happy ending in the drama? I had hope to see their love to prosper. Why shouldn't they keep it at 48EP?  There were extended dramas where it loses the steam & it became draggy. I hope that they didn't extend it.  CJH screen time was already not much considering being a lead in the drama ...sigh...  Even in EPs47-48 he didn't have much of a roll in. What kind of ending that the drama will have without the male lead?  Where is the ending gonna go there then....???? I somewhat lose interest anymore to continue watching..... but, I'm curious to see the ending, though.  Will this be a sad ending without him?  What's the point to extend the episode if the lead actor could not appear? It sounds as if it’s going to be an ending no one will enjoy. Awww man .... As I've mentioned above in my post that I was happy to watch this drama because CJH was in it. Did they not know his schedule before they decided to extend it? So, why even do the extended episodes if he’s not going to appear in them? I'm sad of this news..... I'm really disappointed.  Does that mean they’re killing him off? Ahhh.........no please ...  I wonder if ratings would decline or increase because of this new development.  :o^_^

• Like 4

23 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi booha, thanks for sharing this. Like you, we just have to wait & see what will happen to his character in the story. I really don't dig long drama EPs but since CJH is in it, I have no choice but to watch this drama. :lol:

Well I have very mixed feelings about the news.  CJH has built his career on overcoming adversity.   He isn’t a person who makes any decision lightly so I have to trust he did his best under such circumstances.  
Btw  I have a feeling TLE will get a boost from CJH’s news.  Because next week is the last one, now everyone wants to know what will happen with CJH’s character.  Also I’m glad to see so far the TLE team and CJH’s agency seem acting friendly with each other about CJH’s early departure.  After Taiwan FM(2/28) I hope he will get a good rest for a long time.   
I knew why he took TLE.  As a maturing actor, he felt a challenge in playing  such a character(WS/WB) which seemed to be so different from his previous ones.  For myself I was uneasy about his new look at the beginning but now I’m completely into WB, such dashing WB.   haha    So much that now I’m hoping he will play a similar WB character in his next drama. :blush:

21 hours ago, namjiho said:

I'm disappointed with the news.. :tears: How could the lead actor be absent on the final episode? Are they really going to kill his character so that Sunny and Emperor will be the end game? I guess CJH-JNR as drama couples are really not meant to be.. Haha 

Hahaha  yes you are right  maybe JNR and CJH aren’t meant to be a drama couple after all.     At the start of TLE, I didn’t expect much from JNR-CJH because TLE is a revenge drama and Sunny(JNR) is a married woman.  But over time, even though their scenes together weren’t many,  these two managed to create  such indelible chemistry for the characters that I couldn’t help but be drawn into them.  Thank god CJH changed so much for the character in TLE that I never felt I was watching another DJ-GMS.    So I feel heartbroken about no happy ending for TLE-Sunny-WB.  But I will recover soon and want to think about our mabbeum couple. ^_^

11 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

I feel so sad that we had to see this..that CJH has to go through this! 

Hey @booha, when's the fan meeting?

Hello   I appreciated your tireless effort to show others about Sunny-WB.  Joo Won should know how lucky he is to have a fan like you.  If his next drama will be romcom, and if I’m not too busy then  I have to follow your fangirling for his love line.  haha 
PS CJH’s Taiwan FM will be in 2/28.  Yeah CJH’s FM scheduling excuse is just pretense. 

WB

9KBCTcO.jpg

cr to DC

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Just now, booha said:

Hello   I appreciated your tireless effort to show others about Sunny-WB.  Joo Won should know how lucky he is to have a fan like you.  If his next drama will be romcom, and if I’m not too busy then  I have to follow your fangirling for his love line.  haha 
PS CJH’s Taiwan FM will be in 2/28.  Yeah CJH’s FM scheduling excuse is just pretense

Thank you. 

I know I tend to get a bit protective of characters I really like..I keep talking in their defense as long as I think I should. It was nice talking on behalf of my new favourite drama couple Sunny-WB.  Their character chemistry touched my heart. And of course it was a delight to watch Jang Nara and Choi Jin Hyuk together on and off screen.

The schedule excuse, no appearance specifically on extension everything indicates a discord. I'm sad this happened in TLE. I hope CJH will take a rest pick a nice project because he seemed to be very busy in last half of 2018 with DJ and TLE. He seemed to be not a fan of action gener as he said so in interview. So most probably he will pick a rom(com) drama next. If I'm not too busy may be I can join in that thread too there too. 

About fangirling for Joo Won's drama, I can't wait. I hope the love line there would be amazing too so I can ardently talk in their defense. :lol:

Edit:

It looks like Oh Arin uploaded some pictures of last filming as a farewell message to CJH. such cute pictures!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 2/15/2019 at 5:35 PM, willenette said:

Hi namjiho the writer/s should have stuck to the original no. of episodes...   How can we expect Jang Nara & Choi Jin Hyuk to have happy ending in the drama? I had hope to see their love to prosper. Why shouldn't they keep it at 48EP?  There were extended dramas where it loses the steam & it became draggy. I hope that they didn't extend it.  CJH screen time was already not much considering being a lead in the drama ...sigh...  Even in EPs47-48 he didn't have much of a roll in. What kind of ending that the drama will have without the male lead?  Where is the ending gonna go there then....???? I somewhat lose interest anymore to continue watching..... but, I'm curious to see the ending, though.  Will this be a sad ending without him?  What's the point to extend the episode if the lead actor could not appear? It sounds as if it’s going to be an ending no one will enjoy. Awww man .... As I've mentioned above in my post that I was happy to watch this drama because CJH was in it. Did they not know his schedule before they decided to extend it? So, why even do the extended episodes if he’s not going to appear in them? I'm sad of this news..... I'm really disappointed.  Does that mean they’re killing him off? Ahhh.........no please ...  I wonder if ratings would decline or increase because of this new development:o^_^

@willenette my thoughts exactly.. I really think something isn't right with the drama extension.. I somehow lose interest in watching this ever since they reveal that Wang Shik has only 3 mos. to live.. I was like, WTH? I think they were really changing the plot direction because it seems the netizens are favoring the Emperor to end up with Sunny, because he acted cute and like a lovesick puppy in the recent episodes.. And I only scanned the scenes with CJH on Ep47-48, and yeah there was nothing much for him.. His character has no closure or whatsoever, so that's really bad!!! I've read someone ranting also if CJH was only a cameo.. And I was upset as her.. :tears::tears::tears: I think I won't be watching the last 4 episodes since the reason I'm watching the drama will not be around, I'll just read what damn reason they will come up with regarding his character.. 

sorry for my rant, I just feel so bad for CJH.. hope he won't be treated this way in the next project he will choose.. 

• Like 1

** Finally Viki has all 16 EPs of DJ with full translations. 

thank you viki translator for DJ   :love:

Spoiler

vkim.ale    Devilish Joy:
.Today I've finished my very first project for Viki Rakuten. At the beginning I was so nervous because it was my first time translating a kdrama and also I wasn't sure I can do this well, but at the end I'm pretty happy with my results.
.It was such a nice and pleasant experience.  Hope I'll have the chance to do it again.

• Like 2

Thought it is necessary to leave it here..Enjoyed there on and off screen bonding a lot..Will remain as a sweet memory.

DzqaZHtVAAUnbCq.jpg

Spoiler

DzqaXAZUYAAQDIp.jpg

Credit: https://twitter.com/choijinhyuklove/status/1097359253528928256

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrFThlfBrU0/

And to lighten up the mood sharing a cute Dong Chi-Yeol Moo moment. :wub:

"If you ask me my name later it'll mean you're interested in me! kind of a confession...That became too easy for me." B)

Check for myself: Never tell men that you're not interested in their names! :lol:

• Love 2

7 Surprising And Crazy Scenes From “The Last Empress” Episodes 45-48

94d6e1ed5fee46bba91199945997df5e.jpeg?s=

This may have been the second to last week for “The Last Empress,” but the drama still had a few surprises up its sleeve — some more logical than others. Episodes 45-48 finally revealed the biggest secrets that “The Last Empress” had been withholding from us, but surrounding these mysteries were some more puzzling scenes and new developments. From the unexpected to the downright bizarre, here are seven moments when “The Last Empress” surprised us with some crazy scenes this week!

Warning: spoilers for Episodes 45-48 below.

Spoiler

1. Hyuk’s recovery

It’s not all that surprising that Hyuk (Shin Sung Rok) survived being pushed off a cliff by Na Wang Sik, but the rest of this scene was wonderfully wacky. From the ragtag group of citizens that discovers Hyuk washed up on shore to the Emperor’s first request upon waking up, this sequence was hilariously absurd — we thought we had seen it all, but we were wrong.

The-Last-Empress-45-e1550374679419.jpgShin-Sung-Rok1-e1550374699623.jpgShin-Sung-Rok-3-e1550374862963.jpg

2. The royal newcomer

“The Last Empress” gave us a surprise when it introduced a new character — a member of the royal family, no less — in its second to last week. Empress Eun (Jeon Soo Kyung) is a welcome addition to the drama because she brings some much-needed moral decency to the palace, but it nonetheless seems a bit strange for the drama to suddenly introduce a random estranged royal so close to the end. How did no one mention her before?

The-Last-Empress452-e1550375603856.jpgShin-Eun-Kyung2-e1550375658354.jpgJeon-Soo-Kyung-e1550375676380.jpgJeon-Soo-Kyung2-e1550375693946.jpg

3. Na Wang Sik’s new position

It’s also a little crazy that Na Wang Sik (Choi Jin Hyuk) has been appointed to lead the audit of the royal family. Don’t get me wrong, we love that he finally gets the chance to take legal action against the family that has so wronged him, but as a bodyguard by training, is he, you know, qualified to do this?

Choi-Jin-Hyuk1-e1550375823274.jpgChoi-Jin-Hyuk2-e1550375845993.jpg

4. The Empress Dowager’s wild past

In addition to Empress Eun, the drama also introduced another new character (Kim Soo Mi) this week, and to hilarious effect: the sole remaining property holder on the mysterious Chungeum Island is none other than the Empress Dowager’s (Shin Se Kyung) former staff member.

Kim-Soo-Mi-e1550379245977.jpgShin-Eun-Kyung452-e1550379266476.jpg

And she knows more about the Empress Dowager’s past as a party animal than the evil woman would care to admit… but we are more than glad to have gotten this hilarious flashback scene!

Shin-Eun-Kyung-Kim-Soo-Mi-2-e15503792013Shin-Eun-Kyung453-e1550379152717.jpgShin-Eun-Kyung-Kim-Soo-Mi-3-e15503791823

5. Yoon’s sudden recovery

Another surprise that the drama handled rather oddly was Yoon’s (Oh Seung Yoon) return to consciousness. After we last saw the Prince deep in a coma from which we were told he might never fully recover, it felt rather clunky of “The Last Empress” to suddenly show him in Hyuk’s chambers, not only awake but also perfectly fine. We’re glad Yoon has made a full recovery, but also, what?!

Shin-Sung-Rok46-e1550377068173.jpgOh-Seung-Yoon-Shin-Sung-Rok-e15503770922Oh-Seung-Yoon-e1550377114798.jpg

6. The secret of Chungeum Island

At long last, “The Last Empress” revealed the truth behind the mystery of what is on the Empress Dowager’s coveted Chungeum Island. And it is…

Jang-Nara-e1550376452797.jpg

A lot of poppies. Which probably means drugs. This is not unsurprising, given how corrupt the Empress Dowager is, but it is crazy nonetheless!

Lee-Elijah-Jang-Nara-e1550376476113.jpg

7. The secret behind the Grand Empress Dowager’s death

And finally, the other big reveal of the week was one that we had been waiting a long time for: the truth behind who murdered the Grand Empress Dowager (Park Won Sook). And the answer was something that none of us quite expected: sick with guilt for enabling Hyuk and the Empress Dowager to become so powerful and corrupt, the Grand Empress Dowager was killed by… herself?!

Park-Won-Sook-2-e1550391029526.jpgPark-Won-Sook-3-e1550391048346.jpg

This reveal was definitely shocking, and rather problematic: it seems a bit silly that the old woman would have ended her life without bothering to tell Sunny, who she had grown so fond of — and, in addition, that she would have killed herself knowing that in doing so she was leaving Sunny alone and friendless in the palace with all of her horrible relatives. Perhaps this would have seemed like a more noble sacrifice if the Grand Empress Dowager’s logic made more sense, but as it stands, it seems rather flawed:

Park-Won-Sook-4-e1550391081402.jpgPark-Won-Sook-5-e1550391118480.jpg

It is true that both Hyuk and the Empress Dowager had attempted to kill Grandmother that night. But in leaving evidence of both of their attempts on her life, in reality the Grand Empress Dowager made it impossible to determine who exactly was responsible, causing neither of them to be punished.

Park-Won-Sook-6-e1550391135937.jpgPark-Won-Sook-7-e1550391162876.jpg

Even if her death had led to the exposure of Hyuk and the Empress Dowager, it seems like a much more roundabout and risky way to do so than to simply uncover the truth behind Empress So Hyun’s death, which was what the Grand Empress Dowager had been set on doing before her family members tried to kill her. Grandmother’s suicide felt anticlimactic, but we still have one week left in “The Last Empress,” so it will be interesting to see how the drama wraps up its loose ends!

Catch this week’s episodes of “The Last Empress” on Viki:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hi guys...newbie here. I just found myself liking an actor named Choi jin Hyuk. I know I'm late. Lol. But thanks to messy drama, the Last Empress. I was rooting Cheon Woo Bin since he's the srongest and very strategic character that ever exist in kdrama world before the writer destroyed it withstupid selfish character, Lee Hyuk. Until now I don't get why people shipping Sunny with the killer like Hyuk.

I'm so disappointed to TLE but wish the best for Jin Hyuk's next projects. He deserve the best. He also very sweet to the younger actors. And his chemistry with Nara is great like I wonder they have relationship like Aera and Dong Man in Fight My Way kkkkk.....

Anyway,I hope his next project is a hero in joeson period. I think this guy is suitable for that kinda role. But whatever the project, I will watch it for him. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, triplem said:

This is my guess as well. Just dropping by to rant my displeasure of how things have turned out for CJH. I really don't buy the whole conflicting schedule rubbish.

@triplem, thanks. I didn't want to say it because Choi Jin Hyuk seemed to be trying to keep it low but ...I need to get it off my chest too!

Spoiler

How can there be a schedule conflict if the schedule is far away from the actual broadcast date..So we don't need to think very much to guess what happened behind the scene!

I think CJH did the right thing by not associating him with the extension episode. It was a wise choice. The character Na Wang Shik represents the many victims of Imperial Family's injustice. It's not just less screen time that is disturbing.The way the drama flipped it's story by focusing more on the villain and less on the actual victims is very much disturbing..The Last Empress was supposed to be a story of two victims fighting together against Imperial Injustice and bringing it down. But the drama seemed to be losing it's moral ground by giving pity cards to the bad guy. NWS deserves better..Even if he died, he should either get his revenge or an honest appology. 

CJH took the right decesion..I know it wasn't easy decision for an actor but it was so damn right one. :thumbsup:

It's interesting how CJH not appearing for last two episode is still SBS's top E news after one week..Though next episode is out. B)

Spoiler

z7HxUHk.png

8 hours ago, triplem said:

Back reading and realised you guys were talking about P&P..my favourite scene...

This one is among my favourits too..:love: To tell you the truth all of their couple moments are my favourite..May be because they're short yet sweet..May be because we know Han Yeol Moo is losing precious time by staying away from Koo Dong Chi.

I just find them too cute together, their interaction, bickering and everything in between.. We don't usually get such cutsy romance in a legal drama. So their chemistry was refreshing to me.

Another favourite OTP moment of mine.. :wub:..The moment we know that she is very much (POSITIVELY) affected by him!

But yeah..I agree. I wish the OTP moments were longer..Specially the short ending.. CJH looked sooooo good! They should've given us the 10th date in the end because it got interrupted every time .. ;)

kLH6deL.png

:heart:

zvrhdTV.png

Devilish Joy couple looked good together..The drama had those cheesy moments people can't help but fall for! It's interesting how many of CJH's leading ladies are short and the height differences are way too cute.;) 

Tunnle was too good..The story, the characters and the way they organized the story..:thumbsup:

8 hours ago, PutriSalju said:

Hi guys...newbie here. I just found myself liking an actor named Choi jin Hyuk. I know I'm late. Lol. But thanks to messy drama, the Last Empress.

It's never too late.. :D

• Love 2