K-PopChink

Avatar: The Last Airbender is an American animated television series airing on Nickelodeon since February 21, 2005. Produced at Nickelodeon Animation Studios in Burbank, California, and animated in South Korea, it was co-created and executive produced by Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko (the latter of whom also serves as art director and character designer). Set in a fantastic, Asian-influenced world of martial arts and elemental magic, Avatar follows the adventures of Aang, the successor to a long line of Avatars, and his friends Katara and Sokka, in their quest to save the world from the evil Fire Nation, while avoiding capture by their pursuer Prince Zuko. In the US, new episodes air Friday nights at 8 pm Eastern Standard Time in Nickelodeon's Friday Night Slimetime block of programming. Due to this, start times may vary by up to ten minutes, making the actual start time closer to 7:50 pm EST. Repeats (though not necessarily of Friday's episode) air on Saturday and Sunday at 11:30 am EST. In Canada it airs on YTV at 11:30 am in the Vortex block of programming, It airs on the UK's NickToons TV weekdays at 4 pm. It airs on Nickelodeon Australia Saturdays and Sundays at 4pm in the SLAM block of programming.
In another time and place, the world is divided into four nations: Water Tribe, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. Within each nation, there is a remarkable order of men and women called "Benders" who have an inborn talent for learning to manipulate their native element. Bending is a powerful artform, combining martial arts and elemental magic. The bending arts are waterbending, earthbending, firebending and airbending, respectively. In each generation, one Bender is capable of controlling all four elements. That Bender is the Avatar, the spirit of the planet manifested in human form. When an individual Avatar dies, the Avatar Spirit reincarnates into an unborn baby of the next nation in the Avatar Cycle. Starting with the mastery of his or her native element, each Avatar learns to bend all four elements in the order of the cycle, which parallels the seasons. (winter for water, spring for earth, summer for fire and fall for air) Throughout the ages, the countless incarnations of the Avatar have served to keep the four nations in harmony. The Avatar is also the bridge between the mortal world and the Spirit World, home of the universe's disembodied spirits.
A century prior to the series' opening, Aang, a twelve-year-old Airbender of the Air Nomads' Southern Air Temple, learned from his monk instructors that he was the Avatar. Usually, the Avatar is told of his/her true identity only after turning sixteen; however, the Air Nomads feared that a war between the Four Nations was on the horizon, and that the Avatar would soon be needed to help maintain balance. Shortly thereafter, it was decided that Aang would be separated from his guardian Monk Gyastso and sent to the Eastern Air Temple to focus on his training. Confused, frightened and overwhelmed by all he had learned, Aang fled from his home on his flying bison Appa towards the South Pole. While over the ocean, a sudden storm caused Appa to plunge deep into the sea. Channeling his Avatar Spirit, Aang reflexively used waterbending to freeze Appa and himself in an ice sphere, putting them in a state of suspended animation in the icy waters surrounding the South Pole. When the series opens one hundred years later, the Fire Nation is on the brink of victory in its imperialist war. The Water Tribes are in dire straits--the Southern Water Tribe's warriors have gone off to war, leaving their home defenseless and subject to raids, and the Northern Water Tribe, though largely intact, is continually on the defensive. The vast Earth Kingdom is now the only true barrier to the Fire Nation's supremacy, but as the Fire Nation continues to encroach on its borders and occupy its territories, hopes for victory grow bleaker with each passing year. In the present day, two teenage siblings from the Southern Water Tribe--Katara, a Waterbender, and her brother Sokka--discovered and freed Aang from his iceberg prison. Aang soon saw that in his absence, fears of war had became a reality. The very year he vanished, the then-leader of the Fire Nation, the ruthless Fire Lord Sozin, took advantage of both the Avatar's absence and the firebending-enhancing powers of a mystical comet to launch a war on the three other nations. To Aang's shock and disbelief, the Fire Nation's opening gambit had been a genocidal assault on the Air Nomads. The Air Temples were stormed and the Airbender monks slaughtered in an effort to break the Avatar Cycle, leaving him as the last known Airbender in existence. Aang realizes that, as the Avatar, it is his duty to restore harmony and peace to the Four Nations. Along with his newly-discovered friends Katara and Sokka, and pets Appa and winged-lemur Momo, Aang travels the world to find and learn from Master Benders, all while evading capture by the Fire Nation's Prince Zuko. Although it takes years of discipline and training to master any particular element, Aang must master them all and defeat current Fire Lord Ozai before summer's end, when the return of Sozin's Comet will grant the Firebenders the power needed to win the war. If these events come to pass, not even the Avatar will be able to restore balance to the world.
Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar:_The_Last_Airbender ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Anyone watch this show? It's a show on Nickelodeon. I enjoy it a lot. The animation is well done and the story is good too. The 2nd season started today btw.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest koumi

Is this anime?

It's cartoon on nickoleon. It's pretty good considering not all nicktoons are enjoyable. It does feel like anime, the drawings, coloring and storylines are different from any other nicktoons you see on that network. It's not what you expect and it's pretty good. If I remember when to watch it on sundays I believe 12pm est time. You can check nicktoons site to check the local listings on when it will be played.

Guest Paper Wings

I've been waiting for the 2nd season to start! I started watching it when they had a marathon of the first season so I got to see everything in like a day. I think the storyline is great with just the right combination of seriousness and fun.

Guest koumi

i've only watched it once and it was good. when is it usually on?

ooh it's every friday at 8pm est.

http://www.tv.com/avatar-the-last-airbende...&full_summary=1

>< I keep forgetting and usually watch repeats on the weekends. I last left off when he found the other water tribe. That was some awesome actions and storyline there. I think that was the first movie.

Guest cutipie18

I lOVE LOVE LOVE this show! like the only show i like on nick... any of you guys know where to download this show online? wah i really love this show but i dont have cable anymore =(

Guest Special Ed

I lOVE LOVE LOVE this show! like the only show i like on nick... any of you guys know where to download this show online? wah i really love this show but i dont have cable anymore =(

You can always use Lime Wire file sharing. Thats what I use since I don't have cable. :P

Guest globosapien

i only watched the first episode...

i thought the concepts were cute.

especially the arrows on the animals and on the avatars... way too adorable

My favorite part from last weeks episode was when Master Pakku was giving a gift to Katara and Aang, then Sokka walks up to him with a smile on his face, expecting he was going to get something too, but Master Pakku just pats him on the shoulder and says"Take care". lol.

Azula rocks. Gotta love her lightning powers. :D

Archived