[2007] Mbc Drama Awards

Guest kdramafanusa

Guest kdramafanusa

Hi, I was wondering if there was an award that includes ALL dramas for the year '07 where dramas fm KBS, MBC, & SBS compete for credible awards (where they don't give out more than one award per category)? Kind of like the US's version of the Emmys?

Yes. Baeskang Arts Award (for Film & TV) is held every year around April/May.

The 43nd Annual Baeksang Arts Awards (4/25/2007) -- thread started by Shirley

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128800

* TV *

DAESANG / GRAND PRIZE

Jumong (MBC)

BEST TV DRAMA

Hwang Jin Yi (KBS)

Seoul 1945 (KBS1)

Jumong (MBC)

White Tower (MBC)

Alone in Love (SBS)

BEST PD

Han Ji Seung (SBS - Alone in Love)

Lee Ju Hwan (MBC - Jumong)

Ahn Pan Suk (MBC - White Tower)

Yoo Chang Beom (KBS - Seoul 1945)

Kim Chul Kyu (KBS - Hwang Jin Yi)

BEST ACTOR

Hyun Bin (KBS - Snow Queen)

Song Il Kook (MBC - Jumong)

Ryu Soo Young (KBS - Seoul 1945)

Kim Myung Min (MBC - White Tower)

Lee Bum Soo (SBS - Surgeon Bong Dal Hee)

BEST ACTRESS

Son Ye Jin (SBS - Alone in Love)

Han Ye Seul (MBC - Fantasy Couple)

Han Hye Jin (MBC - Jumong)

Ha Ji Won (KBS - Hwang Jin Yi)

Park Jin Hee (SBS - Please Come Back Soon Ae)

BEST SCRIPT

Jung Hyung Soo, Choi Wan Kyu (MBC - Jumong)

Lee Hanho, Jung Sunghee (KBS - Seoul 1945)

Yoon Sun Ju (KBS - Hwang Jin Yi)

Choi Soon Shik (SBS - Please Come Back Soon Ae)

Hong Jung Eun, Hong Mi Ran (MBC - Fantasy Couple)

BEST NEW PD

Kim Sang Ho (MBC - Fantasy Couple)

Park Man Young (KBS2 - The Man of the Vineyard)

Kim Hyeong Sik (SBS - Surgeon Bong Dal Hee)

Shin Yoon Seob (SBS - Friday Night Drama My Lovely Fool)

BEST NEW ACTOR

Park Hae Jin (KBS2 - Famous Princesses)

Lee Min Ki (MBC - I Really Really Like You)

Oh Man Suk (KBS2 - The Man of the Vineyard)

Lee Seon Gyun (MBC - White Tower)

Park Gun Hyung (KBS - When Spring comes)

BEST NEW ACTRESS

Song Ji Hyo (MBC - Jumong)

Goo Hye Sun (KBS - Pure 19)

Go A Ra (SBS - Snowflower)

Lee Ha Na (SBS - Alone in Love)

Park Si Yeon (MBC - When Spring comes)

POPULARITY AWARDS

Lee Bum Soo (Surgeon Bong Dal Hee)

Han Ye Seul (Fantasy Couple)

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't understand the deasang/top excellence.. differences.. so if you get daesang you don't get top excellence right? or... ..

and what's the golden acting award?

im glad everyone got awards, but doesn't that make the award actually much less prestigious?

well MBC awards is not targeting at being prestigious [ an award which give out two winners as regular occurrence rather then the exception , i hardly can see it as wanting to be prestigious as emmy awards or anything close ]

and you can see how they can creat a golden acting award for mini drama..*out of sudden .* i think the main reasons was this year excellence award for actor category is just too tough for them to choose only two winners --;; * ... lol but the issue is they had to continue on this award next year ..i wonder how they going to keep this category on going . [ a good tool to use when there are many contenders but bad when er you dun have enough nominee .so i guess MBC need to maintain this year peroformance or out perform it next year ... ]

see this just a company annual award which want to make everyone who had contributed to the performance of the station ..happy . and also let us viewers have a choice to cheer on whoever you support and do some star gazing ...at the end of the year.

[officially , the daesang winner is choosen from the NOMINEES OF THE TOP EXCELLENCE AWARD ] logically , it wil be seem as if the daesang winner should be the winner from the top excellence awards .

Realisically , it do not happen that way . ! Due to other "factors" that MBC taken into consideration . the Daesang winner need not necessarily be the winner of the top excellence award . well we can say probably MBC valued other factors more then whatever had given the winners of the top excellence award their win . and found the daesang winnner to possess a more well rounded achievement .

So you realise in some years , MBC will give the daesang to someone who is not the winner of the top excellence award .but some years they will give it to the same person who won for the top excellence .

*well frankly speaking it also depends on how many ppl they need to reward that year ..in my personal opinion that might influence their choice. *

After a few years of MBC award , you just have to know it can happen . a few years back i was also puzzled by it .later i realise ...well there's nothing to puzzle over . you just have to follow MBC's logic .anyway .most of the daesang winner are mostly the most talked about in that year. so they wont really be too far off. it just differ in who YOU think deserved it more.

sadly Kim Myeong-Min wasn't present to receive his excellence award.. i read that it's because his son is hospitalized. T.T,,,

congrats to him for winning. White Tower is my fav drama of the year, and his performance was the best.

i hope it is nothing too serious T.T. hope his little boy get well soon.

Dr jang joon hyuck will forever remains as one of the classic role in kdrama history . that 's for sure. :)

Hi, I was wondering if there was an award that includes ALL dramas for the year '07 where dramas fm KBS, MBC, & SBS compete for credible awards (where they don't give out more than one award per category)? Kind of like the US's version of the Emmys?

Baeksang Arts Awards which normally is held around March/April of each year and include movie and drama section .

Guest kdramafanusa

Shirley - thanks for the wonderful explanation. =)

This year's awards can be narrowed down to 5 dramas/couples: Legend, Yi San, Thank You, Coffee Prince, & TBDAW; seems like majority of the key players won something. =)

Dramaok - thanks for the update on KMM, hoping his son will get well soon.

Will always remember White Tower & Damo!

i hope it is nothing too serious T.T. hope his little boy get well soon.

Dr jang joon hyuck will forever remains as one of the classic role in kdrama history . that 's for sure. :)

thanks for the explanation shirley..it is very helpful.

I guess they want to keep all the actors and actresses happy lol. They all did their best.... so kudos to all of them. I guess we all thought the MBC Drama Awards was more prestigious than it really is :lol:.

Congrats to all the winners!

Guest dramaok

hehe ya the golden award categories.. lol.. very random.. but it's nice that they recognize everyone who's done well for the station.

MBC drama award, has long been talked about as more of a popularity award than actual acting award, so in that sense it is not as prestigious,

however i think it's a very important award, because it tells a lot about an actor's 'sellability'.. vs. their pure acting skill.

from business and ratings forefronts, a person's acting alone doesn't necessarily mean success for everyone involved,

so in that sense the station awards are more memorable to the general Korean public.

i'm glad to see Bae Yong-Joon win daesang, after some 13 years in the industry delivering successful dramas, though i think they should've named him as top excellence if they're gonna award him daesang, why change the recent trend just to include Lee Seo-Jin..? it's like they want to give it to Bae Yong-Joon but they don't want to upset his antis so it's a safer thing to do.. i love Lee Seo-Jin too.. naeuri fighting!! but he was not in the same league as Kim Myeong-Min or Bae Yong-Joon interms of acting or overall success.. i guess it's the Yi San power..

Yoon Eun-Hye cried so beautifully in her acceptance speech. and it's nice to see Kim Min-Seong win an award too he does have a lotta potential.

i was just so annoyed by MC Shin, and the ajooma bimbo co-host in their unprofessional and very forced humor.

Guest june1ov3

YES! TAE WANG SA SHIN GI DOMINATED!! :D

i am so glad that bae yong jun won the daesang!

the internet awards were great too because they all went to twssg people!

this was a great year for bae yong jun and mbc =)

Guest kdramafanusa

source: YONHAP NEWS

Winners of TV drama awards

Dec. 31, SEOUL, South Korea -- Winners of the 2007 MBC Drama Awards pose during the event held by the local broadcaster in Seoul on Dec. 30.

PYH2007123100120001300_P1.jpg

From left: Lee Seo-jin, Han Ji-min, Kim Byung-gi, Yoon Eun-hye, Lee Soon-jae, Park Ji-bin (in front of Lee), Bae Yong-joon, Kim Chang-wan, Lee Sun-kyun, Lee Joon-gi and Nam Sang-mi. (Photo courtesy of MBC) (Yonhap) (END)

Actor Bae wins grand prize

Dec. 31, SEOUL, South Korea -- Bae Yong-joon, a popular South Korean actor, speaks after he was awarded the grand prize of the 2007 MBC Drama Awards held by the broadcaster in Seoul on Dec. 30. (Photo courtesy of MBC) (Yonhap)(END)

PYH2007123100140001300_P1.jpg

Drama award winners compete for beauty

Dec. 31, SEOUL, South Korea -- Female winners of the 2007 MBC Drama Awards pose for the camera in the hopes winning the "best dresser" title during the awards ceremony at an MBC Hall in Seoul on Dec. 30.

PYH2007123100110099000_P1.jpg

From left: Park Shin-hye, Nam Sang-mi, Kong Hyo-jin, Lee Yoon-ji, Han Ji-min, Yoon Eun-hye, and Lee Ji-ah. (Yonhap)

(END)

Guest bluenitesky

i guess i will b looking forward to the Baeksang Awards because i was watching MBC award and i relized how small it is, and there wasn't much competition , everyone won something, but is baeksang award more about talent in acting like is it more prestigious ?

Guest mineowyn

well MBC awards is not targeting at being prestigious [ an award which give out two winners as regular occurrence rather then the exception , i hardly can see it as wanting to be prestigious as emmy awards or anything close ]

see this just a company annual award which want to make everyone who had contributed to the performance of the station ..happy . and also let us viewers have a choice to cheer on whoever you support and do some star gazing ...at the end of the year.

HA! In that case, it's rather pointless to hold an awards show isn't it? I always thought the allure of a Drama/Movie Awards show was the fact that not everyone can go home with an award and the joy of winning was compounded by the fact that you are depriving someone-else of their duly deserved accolade. :D Might as well just hold a private company dinner to thank all the artistes and crew who participated in a MBC production for the year..

So I would guess the Baeskang Arts Awards (where all the stations compete against each other) would be equivalent to the prestigious emmys? If so, wouldn't it be better to scrap station award ceremonies and just hold the Baeskang Arts at the end of the year for the entire show biz industry to compete? Surely you don't see fox station having an individual awards ceremony? XD

Are there really people out there that don't believe shows as superior as Thank You and Coffee Prince....aren't deserving of recognition??!! :blink::wacko::tears:

Sometimes popularity and quality actually do go hand in hand. I was able to acurrately predict many in this group of talent from what I witnessed while watching each of them perform. Sour grapes never taste any sweeter by adding vinegar into the whine. :tongue2: Even the "Grinch" saw his heart grow three times by enabling himself to join in the celebration. :unsure:

Have a Happy New Year, kids!!!! :sweatingbullets::phew::):D

Guest kdramafanusa

HA! In that case, it's rather pointless to hold an awards show isn't it? I always thought the allure of a Drama/Movie Awards show was the fact that not everyone can go home with an award and the joy of winning was compounded by the fact that you are depriving someone-else of their duly deserved accolade. :D Might as well just hold a private company dinner to thank all the artistes and crew who participated in a MBC production for the year..

So I would guess the Baeskang Arts Awards (where all the stations compete against each other) would be equivalent to the prestigious emmys? If so, wouldn't it be better to scrap station award ceremonies and just hold the Baeskang Arts at the end of the year for the entire show biz industry to compete? Surely you don't see fox station having an individual awards ceremony? XD

you can suggest to all the TV stations to scrap the award i suppose ..or call it any other thing then an award show --;; .

but pointless or not .at the end of it all it is up to the choice of the viewers if they cared abt the results or whatever goes on in the awards .plus there also another thing abt Basekang Arts Award ,they dun separate the mini drama , period dram and family drama .so everyone is in one category . well MBC is not showing very good classification but KBS and SBS does have different categories.

i just enjoyed the award show as a " show " and seeing certain production and actors i supported for receive recognition . there are hits and misses here and there .but ..well ..that's the reality in this current sitution . unless the TV stations sit together and really review it .

:lol: i've personally never thought too seriously about Korean award shows. it's usually to give out awards saying "good job" for what you did for the station. (i guess i'm the more cynical viewer). that said if you're a fan of a certain show or person/writer/director, these award shows are nice in that as a fan you feel they have been at least recognized for something they did that year. weirdly, while it's nice to have something like the Baeksangs, i think it's also good to keep on having each stations having their own end of the year awards ceremonies... you know to prevent corruption amongst nominees/ stations - maintain transparency to some degree. (something i hope Korea keeps working on, on the whole).

back to Korean award shows thing again - another thing people might have noticed - this is about the Cannes Actress winner Jeon Dohyeon. after she won the Cannes awards, the notable local movie awards shows also gave her awards. lol. it's like they had to give it to her because she was recongized internationally. i dunno maybe that just me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (oh, not to say she isn't deserving of them - she's a rockin' actress).

Archived