Fate/Stay Night

Guest madeinktown

Guest madeinktown

is anyone else watching this series? it's pretty intense. sorry if someone else already started this topic. fate_stay_night_wallpaper_hd-normal.jpg * Based on a game by TYPE-MOON. It is said that the Holy Grail grants wishes to he who wields it. To materialise the Holy Grail, a ritual is about to be held. The Holy Grail will choose seven wizards (masters) and give them seven familiar spirits (servants). Saber, Lancer, Archer, Rider, Caster, Assassin, and Berserker. The master contracts with one of seven familiar spirits that plays one of the above roles (classes). The master must prove that he is qualified to have the Holy Grail, meaning that he must eliminate other masters to show he is the strongest. This ritual is called "The Holy Grail War". The story takes place in Fuyuki City. It is a city surrounded by the sea and mountains. In this common city, a shadow encroaches. The main character had lost his parents in a fire when he was a child. He was adopted by a person who called himself a wizard. Disobeying his father-in-law, the main character has studied magic. However, because he lacked talent, he could obtain only one magic spell despite several years' training. One day, the main character is accidently involved in a fight between two opposing masters. As he is dying, a girl suddenly appears and saves him. "...Now, I ask you. Are you my master?" He contracts with one of the seven servants, Saber. Willingly or not, he becomes a master, and plunges into a war over the Holy Grail... **credits to www.animenfo.com***

Published by: Tokyopop (up to vol 12)
Anime Episodes: 24 + 1 film
*The series has also games released
Fate-Stay-Night-fate-stay-night-25332608
FateStayNight_wallpapers_17.jpg
Archer-and-Rin-fate-stay-night-4105999-1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Take Five

i did start it but of course, it got banished to the back pages =/

it's interesting but it hasn't been as intense as i thought it would be. i'm guessing it should pick up later though since it's still early in the series...

oh yeah, i don't like the main character. everyone else is cool though.

Guest madeinktown

forreal. this "protector of everyone" sounds like bs to me. he's just too scared to do anything about it.

Guest Take Five

yeah, i'm getting sick of those kinds of characters. at least in other series, those types of characters have the skills to protect everyone...this guy is just useless and doesn't do anything. he just kinda gets himself hurt in the process.

the funny part is that he seems to come off as sexist all the time because of how he keeps saying saber shouldn't fight and everything.

Guest madeinktown

yup, but saber kept kicking his butt during their training. shirou can't even use magic...useless character.

Guest madeinktown

yeah, but i heard that fate/stay night was hentai. the anime people decided to only take the fights from it and use it for the series.

ep 11 is out btw.

Guest Take Five

^yeah, they do that for a lot of those types of games. the only really ecchi h-game anime i've seen so far is green green.

what subs do you guys go with? i wait for mahou but they're slow =/

Guest knockblock

Eclipse as well. I was thinking of trying KLF.

Hey, I realized the voice actor for the main character is the guy who does Sasuke and Ishida. But how come he sounds dorky?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest arashi

Yaaay, someone made a thread about this so I don't have too. :lol:

Not a bad series, I've only seen 5 episodes so far, so not much to comment on, I like to wait to see a bit more. I do agree that Emiya is a little...weak. But I'm hoping that some future twist in the story (don't tell me if you have seen up to the latest, which us 15 or so) that he gains/learns more power - too bad he already stated that he doesn't seem to have much Magician ability in him, how sad. I don't think Emiya's being sexist by saying Saber shouldn't fight, it's just that he's more of a peaceable guy (I mean, his whole town was in flames before he was adopted by a Magician) so, it makes sense that he thinks this way.

What's her name...Toshara (the girl that appears in the beginning), looks pretty :)

Anyone else think that Saber is really Joan of Arc?

Hey, I realized the voice actor for the main character is the guy who does Sasuke and Ishida. But how come he sounds dorky?

I didn't realize this until the other day, when my friend pointed it out, but he hadn't yet even watched much of the first episode. From then on, I kept seeing Ishida's face superimposed on Emiya's body <_<

Hey madeinktown, could you post some info about F/SN in the first post so that people might learn about? It might generate some more interest :) Thanks.

Guest madeinktown

the series started out very slow and i wanted to give up on it, but then it got my attention by episode 5 or so. not sure why, but it's on my "to get" list for anime.

Guest Take Five

Anyone else think that Saber is really Joan of Arc?

she isn't. i believe they tell you who she really is in ep 12 or 13.

illya is lolilicious hahaha.

Guest Take Five

okay...ep 15 was just hilarious for the wrong reasons. the CG dragon was the worst thing ever. the new OP kinda sucks too =/

Archived