Kim So Yeon 김소연

larus

Another article...

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/09/06/mbc-weekend-drama-happy-home-costars-kim-so-yeon-and-lee-sang-woo-confirmed-to-be-dating-in-real-life/

On 07.09.2016 at 6:33 AM, bananacad said:

However I am also a little worried....  A lot of wgm fans are posting negative comments especially after how Soyeon said her nickname for lsw is 'puppy' 

I still not read any comments but I imagine that there are some people who were heartbroken with this news. To put hopes in one virtual couple is not a good idea, not even a real couple can save some fans of the disappointment of a break up. It is better to maintain the balance, to keep it grounded. Real life is not a fairy-tale. They will get over it in time.

I realized that Soyeon appearance on WGM was like a two-edged sword when people were not happy with her partner on screen from the beginning.  I think she knew that there will be some people disappointed with her decision but it is her life and she can do whatever makes her happy. If some fans don`t understand or support her decision, is up to them. (I read that when some idols are announcing that they are dating or they marry someones, many fans are some upset that they are not being their fans anymore. It is childish but it is their choice. ).

About WGM... I think it was a good experience for Soyeon overall. When a former participant starts to date soon after they finish the program, there is a reaction towards them from people who loved the virtual couple. It happens all the time. They start to accuse them of acting, insincere. They negate what they liked in the first place because their fantasy is not fulfilling. Soyeon and Siyang were a good pair in that program. They liked each other, they enjoyed being together and put effort that their relationship on screen to work. And the fact that they maintain communication with each other after the program demonstrates that they became friends. A couple on variety program is not different that a couple of actors in a drama except that they don`t have a written script. People are being themselves as much as they can and I am sure they want to live the fantasy as long as possible knowing well that it will end someday. 

I am happy that the majority of people were very pleased to hear the news of Soyeon and Sang woo dating. Good luck for them!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, bananacad said:

I just found out about the news,  like many here I was surprised,  but nonetheless very happy for them.  They suit each other well.  However I am also a little worried....  A lot of wgm fans are posting negative comments especially after how Soyeon said her nickname for lsw is 'puppy' 

I am a SiSo fan as well. I was made very happy by KSY and KSY's WGM stint. I do appreciate their couple in WGM.

I also love SoYeon and Sang Woo oppa now that they are together in real life. 

Whatever makes them happy, :) I am on that side. Thank you SoYeon unni for all the happiness you have brought us fans in all your projects - dramas, movie, even reality TV.

Finally!! Deuddio, haengbokhaseayo unni et oppa! Fighting!!!!

• Like 6

September 7, 2016

Co-Stars Lee Sang-woo and Kim So-Yeon Dating

Source: KBS Global

n_20160907e_01.jpg

Lee Sang-woo and Kim So-yeon of the recently-finished drama "Happy Home" have confirmed that they are dating!

Rumors started circling that the two found love through working together on the set of "Happy Home". The drama ran for six months and aired its final episode on August 21st. The two are said to have grown interested in one another in the middle of the series and officially started dating towards the end of the drama's run.

An insider revealed that the two have similar personalities. Both actors are said to be shy and reserved at first, before eventually warming up. 

Both Lee and Kim's respective agencies have since confirmed the dating reports. However, the agencies denied that the two are already looking into marriage.

• Like 4

I love to see pictures with the cast and crew after their work is over. They still get in touch. Lovely.

PD Lee Dong yoon, Choi Yoon Soo, Yoon Jin Yi and Kim So Yeon. Is not Park Min Woo in the background, the one with the mask? :D

tumblr_od17ca9hCC1sdd1ivo4_r2_540.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, larus said:

I love to see pictures with the cast and crew after their work is over. They still get in touch. Lovely.

PD Lee Dong yoon, Choi Yoon Soo, Yoon Jin Yi and Kim So Yeon. Is not Park Min Woo in the background, the one with the mask? :D

tumblr_od17ca9hCC1sdd1ivo4_r2_540.jpg

Good to see all of them again! and Sso's face is chubbier already after the drama. It'll only get better after the storm..Fighting, KSY!

• Like 1

Hi Hi

I found many familiar names here and I am happy to be here too to join in the blessings for this couple (Bongji  or yeonwoo??) :grin:

After hearing the announcement on their confirmed dating, i started to search more on LSW especially his actual birthday to check on his personality...wow....:D (not 100% true, but almost close to 90%, i usually used on the actual birth date to see a person character, somehow quite true when i met different kind of people in my past experience. )

The good thing is : Aquarian man - LSW is a faithful, determined, practical and spontaneous man, on the other side, he loves to enjoy his single life....he loves freedom but impulsive, while KSY (Scorpio woman) is a polite, optimistic, creative, motivated, loyal and artistic woman, but also full of jealousy and a bit of possessive type. They described KSY's character very close to what she had shown herself truefully during WGM. For LSW - that made me wonder why LSW still hasn't got attached thus far since he is such a handsome guy. His sincere personality and gorgeous look can easily attract to any women, be it young or old women. The only reason i could explain, he is too shy, lack of initiative and he enjoys being single or no time to find the right mate :w00t:. Hope this Soyeon ssi will bring him new light, and together, I am sure their relationship can move up to a next level sooner than we expect....:w00t:

Although it is too early to say now, (they are only at the initial dating stage, no commitment, no marriage plan yet), I hope sooner , both can tackle the differences in their relationship thru frequent-open-communication and works towards it. I would say their relationship should be a harmony one. Talking about impulsive trait that they described on LSW, sometimes, to get married needs to have this element to push it in order to kick start, otherwise the relationship will not see any result or enter into another new phase of life if drag too long.....Like any relationship, to maintain a healthy and stable one, both need to put in effort to stay in touch (it takes both hands to clap to make it work) despite their busy schedule filming drama in future. Luckily, AFY CF had brought them together for filming....for every seasons.....let's stay positive, hope for the best, and wish both happy and enjoy their life to the fullest.

If we use LSW's trait (impulsive) + KSY's trait (motivated) = go for it (then the result will be positive= Let's do it :w00t: ) - isn't it sound fabulous and fantastic !!!!!

@larus like you said before, "you will keep an eye for them", do update us if any.. :blush:

Even if one day, (assuming) they are not together anymore :bawling: (nowadays very common in entertainment line), we should still support them individually and send blessings to them simply because we are all mature adults. The same goes to why this couple announce publicly in such a short notice (only started dating for few days), they must be a reason behind for two agencies to confirm that, and there are lots of speculations on other thread, yes, there are many possibilities, but i will not go into this. I believe everything happens for a reason....just keep our finger cross.....:)

• Like 4

@ksyloveksysisocouple *chuckles* you went to match their stars??

16 hours ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

If we use LSW's trait (impulsive) + KSY's trait (motivated) = go for it (then the result will be positive= Let's do it :w00t: ) - isn't it sound fabulous and fantastic !!!!!

It seems like KSY is more impulsive and LSW is motivated..my opinion only

But check out this video, until the last part...

https://youtu.be/T1nEs2dIjSo?list=PLpM-LMIw7F9xpxgFZeCDUtf-Ns7LIpRDC

The last part makes sense now..."shy" again as he talks about it.

Actually I'd like to thank WGM because I'd not have set up a Soompi account if Sso is not that show.

Everything happened for a reason...Fate and timing...

Edited by hsyhsy
double post
  • Like 3

On 9/7/2016 at 3:09 AM, larus said:

I laughed so hard at this news. OMG...What? Her funny comment on WGM will become true? :w00t:  Her voice is cute but she is not a good singer on stage. I love the show and I have not watched the show since the Warrior Cat's Girl (Cha Ji Yeon) was dethroned.  The performers are singing live and they are very good. I remember when there was a woman who did not sing very well (she was a comedian I think) but she was so funny. It worked being on the show and not being at a good singing level. She made people laugh at least. But I am worried for Soyeon. If she will appear I hope she will have fun. I knew that she "dreams" to be on that show because I would wish to be there as well but a dream is better kept a dream sometimes. :D. Is actually her wish becoming true? :w00t: Yeah... stay tuned.

PS: It will be a one time appearance but at least Kim Gu Ra will know who she will be. He was at the MBC Entertainment award last year when Soyeon performed on stage ( it was a recorded song) so he heard her singing. :D But if the rumor is true.... I wonder what nickname she will have. :w00t:

Is actress Kim So Yeon competing on 'Mask King'?

By elliefilet   5 hours ago   9,357   789   2
kim-so-yeon

Actress Kim So Yeon might be competing on the masked singing competition show 'Mask King'.

Her agency Namoo Actors announced on September 6, "We can't confirm or deny her appearance on 'Mask King'." The vague response has viewers anticipating Kim So Yeon's unexpected appearance on the show. Though she's been in a number of hit dramas, the actress' singing ability hasn't been showcased thus far.

I get nervous too for her to be on the show....*laughs* but if she prepares herself adequately, she may shine again....threading on more uncharted waters, life is fun nowadays! :w00t:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hsyhsy said:

@ksyloveksysisocouple

Actually I'd like to thank WGM because I'd not have set up a Soompi account if Sso is not that show.

Everything happened for a reason...Fate and timing...

Haha. Same here.  I came here to open this soompi account is because of ksy and wgm. Both KSY are awesome in this WGM variety show. Their chemistry and lovey dovey moment can attract anyone easily.  But after a while,  I started to worry on myself as I do not wish to have any emotional attached to this. I know what's my priorities in my life.  I just wish to get some updates from this forum for the individuals or combined one and share different views on kdrama or fashion or whatever will do.  I believe in timing and fate and will respect each individual decision. As long as they are happy and willing to try out sincerely , I am happy too. 

Anyone knows , are LSW fans very supportive on the dating news? 

PS :  I just watched your link on youtube for LSW interview.  It was so funny and he said he will seriously consider his marriage plan if come across ..so cute. ..so is it a fate for them to meet in HH drama whereby showing the wedding scenes, one outdoor and one indoors ?..haha :w00t:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

Anyone knows , are LSW fans very supportive on the dating news? 

PS :  I just watched your link on youtube for LSW interview.  It was so funny and he said he will seriously consider his marriage plan if come across ..so cute. ..so is it a fate for them to meet in HH drama whereby showing the wedding scenes, one outdoor and one indoors ?..haha :w00t:

A fan of LSW told me that his fans all excited about his dating news. 

LSW used to be someone who against marriage, he said he acted in so many dramas which he got married, and married problems so he not into it, But in the last June when he got interview in Japan, he said he started thinking about marriage.... It sounds like he met our girl and he changed his mind :) I believe these two love birds are serious and We may see the wedding bells soon :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AshleyL said:

A fan of LSW told me that his fans all excited about his dating news. 

LSW used to be someone who against marriage, he said he acted in so many dramas which he got married, and married problems so he not into it, But in the last June when he got interview in Japan, he said he started thinking about marriage.... It sounds like he met our girl and he changed his mind :) I believe these two love birds are serious and We may see the wedding bells soon :)

It's very kind of you to share his news.  Thank you chinggu :).

It seems that LSW fans are more gentle and receptive.  That's good to hear that. 

I pity seyon . Her love life never been easy,  always place underground one to avoid anti fans.  This round she is so brave to stand up and declare it to the world with the support by her love one LSW .

Both already so shy and introvert , must take lots of courageous to overcome it.  I hope they continue to use their determination to overcome any obstacle comes along their way and hope the media and anti fans can give them some private space. Perhaps They should travel out of Korea , to Thailand or Taiwan or  HK or Bali for a short trip for "pre-honey moon trial " kekeke :w00t:

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

It's very kind of you to share his news.  Thank you chinggu :).

It seems that LSW fans are more gentle and receptive.  That's good to hear that. 

I pity seyon . Her love life never been easy,  always underground one to avoid anti fans.  This round she is so brave to stand up and declare it to the world with the support by her love one LSW .

Both already so shy and introvert , must take lots of courageous to overcome it.  I hope they continue to use their determination to overcome any obstacle comes along the ways and hope the media and anti fans can  give them some private space. Perhaps They should travel out of Korea , to Thailand or Taiwan or  HK or Bali for a short trip for "pre-honey moon trial " kekeke :w00t:

You're welcome :)

As i know Korean viewers and fans are cheers for them, only some fans from WGM got broken dream and they turned antifans and gave her bad comments on her IG.

I heard that they went on date, covered up carefuly but still got caugh by people, that why the rumor started and reporters started looking for clue and asked people from production team. haha anyway, they public their relationship already so I hope they can date freely now :)

• Like 4

20 hours ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

After hearing the announcement on their confirmed dating, i started to search more on LSW especially his actual birthday to check on his personality...wow....:D (not 100% true, but almost close to 90%, i usually used on the actual birth date to see a person character, somehow quite true when i met different kind of people in my past experience. )

I love reading your posts and of course this time was no exception. :) I really feel like they are compatible with each other, they have many things in common (no wonder many people cheer for them)  but in the same time there are differences (it is normal in any relationship) but that can make things even better. It is up to them how they built their life together. We can`t do anything but support them and their decision and keep the faith that they are right for each other. No matter what happens I am glad they took the chance to know each other better, to act on their feelings. It was not easy for two shy and reserved people like themselves to take initiative. Sang Woo said that he would not make a move first if he likes a woman but like things to move naturally. This what happen here. Yeah, we can only speculate but sometimes the third part perception is accurate. I agree that timing, and other variables have a good contribution to someone destiny. It was great that both have time to know each other like colleagues. Almost 8 months spending together filming in hard conditions, their similar personalities, the same age, the additional time shooting for the clothes brand have contributed  to a natural development of their feelings. I think it was perfect how they start this relationship. At some point they both knew that their feelings become a special one, that they have romantic feelings for each other and it was not necessary for one of them to take the initiative to test the waters. I am giggling right now and I am excited for both of them. :w00t:

@hsyhsy Thanks for the video. The more I find out about him the more I understand why Soyeon felt in love with him. Apparently he is not an exciting man (the onscreen impression of many people is that he is so much vanilla:D) but he is so charming. He gives a good, calming and innocent vibe (just like Soyeon by the way). Plus the sincerity. I feel too his sincerity. Soyeon is a sincere person herself.  He is the aloof type, the man with a few words but a man of action. He things deeply before he acts and that makes him so reliable. I agree with you that Sso seams more impulsive, more emotional, more dynamic and LSW more motivated, determined. She can spice up a little the relationship. :w00t:  

About the video... quick thought ...Both did not think much about marriage because they concentrated on work and perhaps they did not find the right person yet. I love how he said that once married he has to chance his habits (as a single man) because in a marriage you need to adapt each other`s habits, to have mutual tolerance. Wise and mature thinking. So right.

21 hours ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

Even if one day, (assuming) they are not together anymore :bawling: (nowadays very common in entertainment line), we should still support them individually and send blessings to them simply because we are all mature adults.

I totally agree.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hsyhsy said:

I get nervous too for her to be on the show....*laughs* but if she prepares herself adequately, she may shine again....threading on more uncharted waters, life is fun nowadays! :w00t:

The more I think about this the more I become nervous for her. As I said I love the show but I don`t want her to appear on the program. Too much stress. If she will appear, fingers crossed that she will prepare an appropriate song for her. It has to be a simple song and even if it will be obvious that she is not a singer I hope it will be a good experience for her (a positive reaction from the audience just like her appearance on stage for WGM couples). Ohhhh....she has to perform live. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, larus said:

I love reading your posts and of course this time was no exception. :) 

@larus  Thank you for your compliments...:) I am flattered and really happy to hear that....

In fact, today was my first time writing in this forum. I used to be at Sisoberry thread and HH thread.....i did not know there was such one until i read one WGM fan mentioned there was one for Kim So Yeon forum....I hope i wasn't too late to be here. So you are NOT alone anymore....there are still plenty of Kim so yeon loyal fans in this forum (just that most of them may be busy with their life) and may be some other fans from LSW will drop by here next time,....kekeke :D

PS : referring to this bongji couple where they had a long kissing scene at night at the bus stop, remembered there was a BTS video teasing on LSW (he was very shy) for the long kisses by HR's father and PD >>PD said the couple was so naturally "engrossed" in their kissing and PD not even say a cut...:w00t:

and also the last ep on throwing the bouquet of flower from HR mother, the plot was obviously done with a purpose to make sure that HR received the flower, do you think its a coincident? :w00t: I think the PD and script writer and the rest of production team had a kind intention to pull string....wasn't it already a good omen for them??? :D

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

Haha. Same here.  I came here to open this soompi account is because of ksy and wgm. Both KSY are awesome in this WGM variety show. Their chemistry and lovey dovey moment can attract anyone easily.

I am curious. You were Kim So Yeon fan before you saw her on WGM program or you discovered her there?

I also loved Kim So Yeon and Si Yang on WGM. I think he was a very good partner for her. She was out of her comfort zone but she did the program and everything was fine. It was hard for her to see herself onscreen all flustered and shy but I think she got used to it. She used to say that the moment for watching WGM was her Black Saturday. :w00t:   I understood her perfectly (being a shy person myself). Siyang was younger (and I think she was bothered by that the whole time) but he showed maturity that matched well with Soyeon. He led the virtual relationship very well. They were sincere as playing a role of married people, they enjoyed the experience but it was not a real situation and they knew that all the time. They were both paid to be on that show but it was not about the money. They wanted to live this experience too.  I am sad that not all the people can understand that. Even if they liked each other to develop those feelings in something more is a long way. Is not enough to become friends? But everything is alright. You can not please everybody.

Speaking of WGM. I remember the moment with Soyeon and her mother in the night before the first meeting. She was so excited. I smiled seeing her so cute but it moved me somehow. I loved her mother`s voice and how gently said to her to imagine how it will be if she will be married for real. I really hope things work with her new love. Yeah... I imagine how happy she will be too. 

https://www.tumblr.com/video/seagull-one/150126907198/700/

3 hours ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

In fact, today was my first time writing in this forum. I used to be at Sisoberry thread and HH thread.....i did not know there was such one until i read one WGM fan mentioned there was one for Kim So Yeon forum....I hope i wasn't too late to be here. So you are NOT alone anymore....there are still plenty of Kim so yeon loyal fans in this forum (just that most of them may be busy with their life) and may be some other fans from LSW will drop by here next time,....kekeke

It`s alright. It was a pleasure to update this thread as I knew that at least some people will be interested. :D I personally have lurked a year before I decided to make an account. I know that people are busy. September is a busy month for me so maybe I will not be so much here myself. :phew:

We might drop to LSW forum to salute them. We are practically in laws now. :w00t: OK... not yet.. but I hope our girl and their boy find happiness together.

3 hours ago, ksyloveksysisocouple said:

PS : referring to this bongji couple where they had a long kissing scene at night at the bus stop, remembered there was a BTS video teasing on LSW (he was very shy) for the long kisses by HR's father and PD >>PD said the couple was so naturally "engrossed" in their kissing and PD not even say a cut...:w00t:

and also the last ep on throwing the bouquet of flower from HR mother, the plot was obviously done with a purpose to make sure that HR received the flower, do you think its a coincident? :w00t: I think the PD and script writer and the rest of production team had a kind intention to pull string....wasn't it already a good omen for them??? :D

When I saw the BTS videos at that time I thought it was funny but in the same time I felt sorry for them that being so shy they were teased by their coworkers. Now, I find it even more funny because I understand the context. I think they sensed that they are not indifferent to each other. They observed them and thought they match very well so the teasings were on point. :w00t: The matchmakers!!!! :w00t:

• Like 2

Kmedia talked about Soyeon and Sang woo being together.  I don`t know what they are saying but it seams that they like the paring. :D It was a SBS program and they showed videos from SBS dramas. They have announced that thye met for the first time on stage at SBS Drama Awards in 2008. I bet they did not remembered that. :D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, larus said:

I am curious. You were Kim So Yeon fan before you saw her on WGM program or you discovered her there?

I also loved Kim So Yeon and Si Yang on WGM. I think he was a very good partner for her. .......................Even if they liked each other to develop those feelings in something more is a long way. Is not enough to become friends? But everything is alright. You can not please everybody.

We might drop to LSW forum to salute them. We are practically in laws now. :w00t: OK... not yet.. but I hope our girl and their boy find happiness together.

@larus Thanks for your sharing again :)

I was a KSY fan long time ago since "All about eve" but i stopped there due to my work posted to overseas and did not follow all her drama, except IRIS .....until early this year when i came back from overseas, I began to watch her "Romance 3" and "Falling for Innocence" and lately saw her in WGM and started to crazy over on her paring with Kwak siyang (because they do have chemistry with each other on this show)...and thus joined the soompi account to find "like-minded" fans...:D

To make a fair statement, both siyang and sangwoo are compatible with soyeon, they can make good partner if she chooses either one. Siyang will only lose out on the age difference and the right timing.....and both KSY also need to overcome the pressure from both sides of family in reality. Marriage is NOT simply for two persons alone, it also involved with two families (Remembered Siyang came from a big family with many elder sisters??)....I am sure those people who are already married can fully understand my statement. When the Right one comes along at the right timing, she just has to follow her heart with no regret......Whoever Mr Right she chooses, I am still happy for her. It's Her Destiny, Her Life and Her Choice. My mentor once told me, we are here on earth to learn a lesson in our life, be it good or bad.......we need to go thru the whole cycle to complete our life. Now I am in another phase of my life, when i looked back, i think my mentor was right....:)

The interesting part is : what if LSW has to pick up another new project immediately after HH drama ends? What will be the fate for both? They may not even have enough time to start dating because of tight schedule....as mentioned last time on my post that everything happens for a reason, right timing and their fate to continue definitely factor into their current scenario for both. :)

PS : I like the way you said "We are practically in laws now"----it was so funny.  It made me smile a lot....

I am not familiar with LSW's family and educational background, is he come from big family?? His video mostly in Korean language and I could hardly understand it and moreover he is quite a low profile person.... Anyone knows?

Question : I am always amazed by your hard work in HH drama fashion search mainly for the celebrities, how do you manage to search and match them??? Thanks  :)

Today is a TGIF again.....Enjoy it :) :wub:

• Like 3