[drama 2008] Who Are You? 누구세요

Guest yeohweping

gosh I don't know how long I've been waiting for another project by yoon kye sang (though his drama "crazy for you" was pretty much a flop; i couldn't like any bit of it though I tried...there were just too many reasons against it: simplistic filming/boring plot/too many close-ups/too many emotions)

hey Luv, it's good to see you here! thanks for the lovely caps as always!

at first I was like Go Ara? she's (high school) pretty but...just...young, but I suppose she suits the role? what an age difference!

can't wait to see this.

thanks for the cb link, mandalaywith! too bad the dL rate is stuck at 4kb/s =[

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it finally aired! i cant wait to see this...this should be fun to watch....but i wonder how they are going to keep the plot going for 16 episodes without the humor of the dad possessing his body getting too old....

so glad that WITH S2 is going to sub this...i hope someone will upload the raws on youtube...that's how i have been watching hong gil dong (reading the subs on a text document while watching the raw) cause my internet connection is too slow to download the raws...it would take me ages! :tears:

thanks for the spoilers and the screen caps guys!

Wow, thank you:

-yeohweping for the summary. I have to wait a while for the subs to come out so I get really happy when someone posts up an episode summary :)

-Luv & KST_CICHLID for the lovely HQ screencaps.

-mandalaywith for the first episode link. You are always so fast with the updates!

That's pretty good rating for Who Are You's first episode, considering that it's going against Hong Gil Dong and the star-studded On Air.

Guest yeohweping

20080306134410.030.0.jpg

My favorite parts in Who are you? ep.01 are the plaster scenes.

Young In : Please don't cover him up yet. (pastes plaster she meant to give him last night.) Dad~~

Guest mily2

quoting our dear rubie from the news thread.. hope this help abit with the storyline :).. i see shirley & helena.. wave wave !!

March 4, 2008

Different Bodies for Different Souls in 'Who Are You'

By Kwon Mee-yoo

Staff Reporter

080204p14differentsv9.jpg

From left, actors Kang Nam-gil, Yoon Kye-sang and Go A-ra star in the new television drama

"Who Are You?" that will air on MBC.

The producers of the 2007 hit drama "Thank You" have teamed up together for another drama for the family, "Who Are You?"

This drama employs "spiritual possession," a popular idea which was also used in the 2006 drama "Please Come Back, Sun-ae" and the Japanese movie "Secret" (1999), in which spirits take control of a human body.

Director of the drama Shin Hyun-chang explained the drama as human, fantastic, romantic and comical. "This is a family drama about recovering relationships," said Shin.

In a Korean tradition mixing Buddhism and Confucianism, the soul of a dead person is left on earth for 49 days before going to the afterlife. The drama is a story about those 49 days for a father who loves his daughter so much he possesses a stranger's body to care for her.

A cold-hearted corporate raider Cha Seung-hyo, played by ex-G.O.D. member and actor Yoon Kye-sang, is a stickler for cleanliness and a perfectionist. However, after a traffic accident, weird things start to happen around him and he finds out that a deliveryman spiritually possesses him for three hours a day. When he is possessed by Son Il-geon, he becomes a very funny guy.

At the preview, Yoon successfully portrayed the two sides of his character and drew laughter from the audience.

"It is rather easy for me to play In-geon since I am a cheerful person. The most difficult thing is that I have to play two totally different characters in the drama. Sometimes, it's confusing," said Yoon at a press conference last week.

Son, the overanxious father who takes care of his daughter even as a ghost, is played by middle-aged actor Kang Nam-kil. Besides being a devoted father, Son has a secret. When he was young, he was a nameless painter, but one of his paintings was sold for a high price in New York. Now, a gallery owner comes after him, offering him a solo exhibition.

"Yoon has to play my unique character and I was worried at first. However, he's doing very well and I am satisfied," said Kang. Yoon added that Kang helps him a lot by teaching his habits and ways of talking.

"However, I personally do not believe in spiritual possession," said Kang.

Ara, or Go A-ra, plays Son Yeong-in, the wanna-be cartoonist who lost her father in an accident.

The star from the teen drama "Banolim" (Sharp), Ara has starred in the movies "The Blue Wolf: To the Ends of the Earth and Sea" (2007) and "Subaru" (2008). Both movies were joint productions ― one Korean and Japanese, and the other with a Hong Kong company.

With the looks of a Barbie doll, she depicts a strong-spirited girl who has just graduated from high school.

"I am a freshman just like Yeong-in in the soap. She gave up school due to financial difficulties and works part-time instead. For myself, I hope to enjoy my college life just like any other freshmen," Ara said.

A musical actor turned TV star, Jin I-han plays Shin Jae-ha, the owner and director of Nuri Art Gallery who looks for the late Son's paintings. In order to find the work after his death, he tries to buy off Yeong-in with honeyed words.

"Shin is not a greedy guy; he is very passionate. He just uses the whole bag of tricks to achieve what he wants," said Jin.

The drama will start airing at 9:55 p.m., Wednesday, March 5 on MBC.

Credits: meeyoo@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2.../135_20049.html

Guest jkan93l

first epi was funny and really sad...she said really mean things to her dad..and kyesang is so funny wanting everything to be perfect and clean..... its going to be a good one tomorrow also..

Guest ovette

im trying to dl from kalena CB but it's really slow.. maybe u hav LQ or MQ links. i dont like HQ links since i want to dl faster so i could watch it at once thanks!!

Guest yeohweping

Ep.02 - summary

Il Gun's bike went over the slope when he was chased by someone in a car. He begged for help while he laid in pain from his injuries but the person who had pressed 119, shut his phone at the last moment leaving Il Gun for death.

Pitying Il Gun, Sa Sang let Il Gun go and let him 'use' Seung Hyo's body for 3 hours daily. Green is the colour of the timing device shone during the period Il Gun can 'use' Seung Hyo's body and red means that the daily time is up. The secretary was disappointed when the real Seung Hyo wake up after being injected to sleep couldn't remembered that he (Il Gun who was in Seung Hyo's body for the first time at that time) had called her wife.

Young Ae came banging at Young In's door at night, she asked Young In if she wanted to stay together her but Young In chased her out screaming that the person is not here anymore.

Young In called out for her dad out of habit the next morning, only to realize that he was already gone after she trodden on the funeral gown.

Il Gun ran out of the hospital in Seung Hyo's body to attend Young In's graduation and Young In had to give Seung Hyo a treat instead as he forgotten to bring his money.

Young In visited Jae Ha at the gallery hoping to ask him for a job. She ends up going to the party with Jae Ha under the disapproving eyes of his mom. Spotting Seung Hyo (the real one) among the crowd, she thought that he had been following her again and decided to confront him. Young In was pushed to the ground by Seung Hyo who couldn't remember her at all.

i think i'm truly in love with yoon kyesang. he's just soooo adorable in this drama!! i love the character's OCDness and i love the transformation into the father!! i think that was my favorite part in episode one!!!

:D

Guest ovette

im waiting for the whole ental dl link of the 1st epi.. i havent even watched the 1st and im already dl-ing the 2nd/..

cant find nonCB links for the first.. except for the one with parts.. CB is pretty slow on me today (SAD)

Guest KST_CICHLID

Go Ah Ra is criticized in Who Are You.

76549515_52046.jpg

Go Ah Ra plays as a student in the new MBC's drama Who are you. After first episode had been broadcasted in the evening of March 5, there were many opinions of audiences about Go Ah Ra's performance.

Most of audiences thought that the performance of Go Ah Ra didn’t have any improvement. Perhaps she hasn't escaped from the high-schoolgirl image, and when they looked at her, they seemed to look back the teenager movie of KBS "The mature period of Ok Rin."

Go Ah Ra appeared to audiences from "The mature period of Ok Rin." After that, under the support of SM company, Go Ah Ra has move toward Japanese market and has played in some co-operative movies. Who Are You is the first drama that Go Ah Ra appeared with the image which is older than her real age.

Source: http://krfilm.net/f/t-14783-1-1-63go-ah-ra...ong-who-are-you

Etrans: pooh9x@KST_CICHLID

Please give us proper credits if you copy it to other sites. Thank you!

thanks for sharing.

looking forward to MF ^^

Sorry Sarah_sr, luv, what is MF??? I had to ask as puzzles leave me thinking THE WHOLE DAY!!! Like you can't give me a tune and ask me to guess the song cause by jove (!) I will be up all day trying to figure it out!!!! :) hahahaha

Guest mily2

hahahaha.. sonia dear.. if i am not wrong.. maybe it's MediaFire ( another form of hosting i think).. personally.. I think megaupload rocks though.. hehehe.. thanks for all the uploading!!

Episode 2 is quite adorable.. this series is totally growing on me by the minute. The hottie in Seoul Sad Song is here too.. hahaha.. can't wait to our dear thunderbolt to stop by to check him out.. I think Ara is really cute.. hopefully the audience will grow to like her too!!

On another note.. we still need help with the subbing process.. so if anyone can help us with the translations ( korean to english/ chinese to english) as well as timing & editing.. please don't hesitate to contact me or email us at withs2team@gmail.com :)

Archived