[drama 2008] Who Are You? 누구세요

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At one forum, I saw the 13 mins long trailer of Esp. 1, it was real funny but with some sad scenery.

Sharing some shooting caps from Esp.1

14294407_h.jpg

14294408_h.jpg

14294410_h.jpg

14294411_h.jpg

14294236_h.jpg

14294235_h.jpg

14294234_h.jpg

14294635_h.jpg

KS playing around.....

14294638_h.jpg

KS: hay...what do you think...do I look handsome like this...

14294636_h.jpg

caps credit to yoonfans (KS's chinese website), tks to yinan0517

Guest kyelin

yeah,,

kyesang is more suitable as ara's father than ara's boyfriend :sweatingbullets:

my net's connection cannot upload a file that have more than 20 mb :tears: :tears:

so i can't give any comment on this drama

Guest rainbowfull.

cant wait for this to come out! :]

2 more days. well technically one now.

CANT WAIT! :] although i thought the age gap was pretty big & weird, its growing on me.

yks's smile is just too priceless. hes so cute!

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: Korea Times 03-04-2008 16:42

Different Bodies for Different Souls in 'Who Are You'

By Kwon Mee-yoo

Staff Reporter

080204_p14_different.jpg

From left, actors Kang Nam-gil, Yoon Kye-sang and Go A-ra star in the new television drama “Who Are You?” that will air on MBC.

The producers of the 2007 hit drama "Thank You'' have teamed up together for another drama for the family, "Who Are You?''

This drama employs "spiritual possession,'' a popular idea which was also used in the 2006 drama "Please Come Back, Sun-ae'' and the Japanese movie "Secret'' (1999), in which spirits take control of a human body.

Director of the drama Shin Hyun-chang explained the drama as human, fantastic, romantic and comical. "This is a family drama about recovering relationships,'' said Shin.

In a Korean tradition mixing Buddhism and Confucianism, the soul of a dead person is left on earth for 49 days before going to the afterlife. The drama is a story about those 49 days for a father who loves his daughter so much he possesses a stranger's body to care for her.

A cold-hearted corporate raider Cha Seung-hyo, played by ex-G.O.D. member and actor Yoon Kye-sang, is a stickler for cleanliness and a perfectionist. However, after a traffic accident, weird things start to happen around him and he finds out that a deliveryman spiritually possesses him for three hours a day. When he is possessed by Son Il-geon, he becomes a very funny guy.

At the preview, Yoon successfully portrayed the two sides of his character and drew laughter from the audience.

"It is rather easy for me to play In-geon since I am a cheerful person. The most difficult thing is that I have to play two totally different characters in the drama. Sometimes, it's confusing,'' said Yoon at a press conference last week.

Son, the overanxious father who takes care of his daughter even as a ghost, is played by middle-aged actor Kang Nam-kil. Besides being a devoted father, Son has a secret. When he was young, he was a nameless painter, but one of his paintings was sold for a high price in New York. Now, a gallery owner comes after him, offering him a solo exhibition.

"Yoon has to play my unique character and I was worried at first. However, he's doing very well and I am satisfied,'' said Kang. Yoon added that Kang helps him a lot by teaching his habits and ways of talking.

"However, I personally do not believe in spiritual possession,'' said Kang.

Ara, or Go A-ra, plays Son Yeong-in, the wanna-be cartoonist who lost her father in an accident.

The star from the teen drama "Banolim'' (Sharp), Ara has starred in the movies "The Blue Wolf: To the Ends of the Earth and Sea'' (2007) and "Subaru'' (2008). Both movies were joint productions ― one Korean and Japanese, and the other with a Hong Kong company.

With the looks of a Barbie doll, she depicts a strong-spirited girl who has just graduated from high school.

"I am a freshman just like Yeong-in in the soap. She gave up school due to financial difficulties and works part-time instead. For myself, I hope to enjoy my college life just like any other freshmen,'' Ara said.

A musical actor turned TV star, Jin I-han plays Shin Jae-ha, the owner and director of Nuri Art Gallery who looks for the late Son's paintings. In order to find the work after his death, he tries to buy off Yeong-in with honeyed words.

"Shin is not a greedy guy; he is very passionate. He just uses the whole bag of tricks to achieve what he wants,'' said Jin.

The drama will start airing at 9:55 p.m., Wednesday, March 5 on MBC.

meeyoo@koreatimes.co.kr

Synopsis of Esp 1 (2008.03.05) from MBC official drama site [Who Are You?]

영인은 학교로 찾아온 사채업자들을 보고 놀라 지숙의 휠체어 뒤에 숨었다가 후다

닥 도망치기 시작한다. 회사 공중분해만은 막아달라고 애원하던 김회장은 냉정한 승

효의 말에 격분해 승효의 멱살을 잡고, 김회장을 빤히 보던 승효는 그의 삐져나온 코

털을 참지 못한다. 잔뜩 긴장한 일건은 영애와 호흡을 맞춰 열심히 춤춘다. 영인과

지숙은 제대한 용덕을 반갑게 맞이한다. 영인은 '불이야' 하는 다급한 외침에 달려

가 물을 쏟아 붓고, 일건과 영애가 함께 있는 모습에 놀란다.

간밤의 꿈이 불길한 일건은 싫다는 영인을 억지로 오토바이에 태워 학교로 향하고,

출근하던 승효의 차와 스친다. 회사에서 나오던 승효는 계란세례를 받지만 태연하

게 다가가 코트 원상복구를 요구한다. 그 차림으로 공항으로 향하던 승효는 화를 참

지 못하고 직접 운전하다 트럭과 충돌한다. 아빠가 죽었다는 소식에 영인은 사색이

되어 학교를 뛰쳐나간다.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Synopsis of Esp 2 (2008.03.06) from MBC official drama site [Who Are You?]

바다를 건너가던 일건은 사신에게 영인의 졸업식에 가야한다며 애원하고, 사신은 일

건에게 중환자실에 누워있는 승효를 가리키며 하루에 세 시간 승효의 몸에 들어갈

수 있다고 알려준다. 일건의 영혼이 들어가 깨어난 승효는 놀란 여비서와 윤이사에

게 어정쩡하게 인사하고, 도망가려던 승효는 의사들에게 붙잡혀 이동침대에 묶여 옮

겨진다.

용덕은 재하에게 영인한테 잘 해주는 이유를 묻지만 재하는 쉽게 대답하지 못한다.

잠에서 깬 승효는 윤이사에게 화를 내며 업무를 지시하고, 일건은 그런 승효를 지켜

본다. 졸업식이 끝나고 처연하게 돌아서던 영인은 환자복 입은 승효가 자꾸 자신을

바라보며 눈물 흘리자 이상하게 여기고, 승효는 영인에게 자신이 아빠라고 한다.

Guest jkan93l

awww.. sounds really cute and interesting... leads are cute and preety!!> A MUST WATCH,,, wake up early to watch it in about 6 more hours

Guest yeohweping

Warning : As one of the main translators for this drama, I'll stop all subbing process or slow it down if Withs2 subs are found uploaded in any streaming sites.

Note: I and other members'll be checking every single streaming site everyday when subs are released.

Guest ovette

since i was torn into pieces - watching on air, hong gil dong and this, i wasnt able to watch the live streaming and caught a peek of the credits only. lol

cant wait for the links!

Guest bluenitesky

i was watching hong gil dong along with this, it's kinda okay in the beginning cause i saw the preview nothing really special happen you just kinda get a feel of the character, omg the guy is totally a clean freak.... ( neaat also )

I've watched it onair....

one or two parts I don't really get it, may be later had to re-watch it again.

In the esp, it didn't show how the father got dead.....there was the scene which the father insist to give the daughter a drive (by his motor bic) to school...then later he's dead.....

Tonight's story was OK la...only I find it was a bit confusing....

Guest yeohweping

Ep.1 - summary

Young In was chased in her school by her dad's loan sharks and was saved by her friends when she was going to be forced into signing.

Yong Duk returned back from the army, Young In and Ji Suk served him food.

Young In found her missing dad when she saved him when he was on fire. They ended up fighting when they reached home. Young In wanted to give her dad a plaster as he injured himself on the forehead during the fire, but she ended up taking it back instead as she couldn't bring herself to do so. That night Il Gun has a really bad nightmare that implied that he was going to die, he was so worried that it will come true that he insisted on sending Young In to school.

That same day, Seung Hyo kicked his secretary and driver out of the car when they kept laughing at him after he was smashed with eggs and kept cleaning himself. At the very moment, the secretary commented angrily that he should get into an accident, a speeding truck rammed into Seung Hyo's car and he was injured badly.

Young In's dad died and she was informed by the cops that he had committed suicide which Young In refused to believe. No one could see Il Gun at all although he was by their sides. The loan sharks appeared at the funeral and Young In was saved this time by Jae Ha who falls for Young In at first sight. Yong Duk forced Young In into the room where Il Gun's body was kept to make her accept the fact that her dad was dead. Young In then pasted the plaster that she meant to give her dad last night on his forehead.

Seung Hyo who was diagnosed by the doctor that he was going to be in a coma for a long time, suddenly woke up and jumped out of bed with Il Gun's happy expression on his face.

Archived