2007 Golden Disk Awards

Guest Alexiel

Guest vana117724

no offense or anything to SNSD fans..

but how is it that SNSD is on the bonsang awards, yet WG isn't there. Not trying to sound like an idiot fan, but doesnt that seem a little.. weird?

I agree. how IS IT THat WG's not there???

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yunhobaby

i'm supporting big bang all the way.

and i think the newbie award TELL ME should win. totally.

Its so sad that dbsk arnt on the list at all. -.-

Guest Jamieâ„¢

I think the Golden Disk daesang is usually given to the artist with the highest number of album sales

at least that's what's happened in the last couple of years..

anyways, I'm rooting for Younha as the best newcomer =) and Hyesung.. for anything xD

Guest damifino

but how is it that SNSD is on the bonsang awards, yet WG isn't there. Not trying to sound like an idiot fan, but doesnt that seem a little.. weird?

Because Golden Disk is an awards based on record sales and like it or not, SNSD had higher record sales than Wonder Girls from January to September sales which are what I assume the nominations are based on (since the October sales haven't been released yet).

And if I recall correctly from last year, they give 3 newbie awards and several bonsangs also.

Guest splotchydivinity

Because Golden Disk is an awards based on record sales and like it or not, SNSD had higher record sales than Wonder Girls up to September sales which are what I assume the nominations are based on (since the October sales haven't been released yet).

And if I recall correctly from last year, they give 3 newbie awards and several bonsangs also.

True that. SNSD has only had a single out so far and (very recently an album) but their sales have been very good for such a "recent debut" group. WG's Irony single did not sell well, I believe, and though Tell Me fever seems to have hit Korea by all news reports and variety shows, the album sales do not reflect that, which is unfortunate, but case in point. :/

I'm super glad that Younha got quite a few nods, especially for the Bonsang!! :D Such a talented young girl! :D So proud of her!!

I'm more surprised though that Storm got nominated for the Anycall Newbie award....maybe it's cause they didn't get much attention here on Soompi, but were they really worthwhile/big enough in Korea to warrant a nomination? I would have thought KARA, which only slowly built up a fanbase over the course of this year (I blame their production/management company for poor sales prerogatives) would have made it onto the list, but definitely not Storm....

Guest crazyfrog

i'm rooting for EPIK HIGH as well!! =D

-edit-

i'm glad this award is based on album sales, so the results are loud and clear, and no one will scream about under-the-table dealings. despite all the crap SNSD has to put up with, they've done very weel in sales wise. LSM is definitely a good business man...

Guest juhilove

if this award count for high number af album sale from their debut unitl now for newface if this it will be kind fair but idont care about award anymore

Guest mcmelly

HOW COME BIG BANG ISNT LISTED IN THE HIP HOP AWARD!!! ><

agreed. WHERE'S KARA?!!!

i hope big bang wins daesung!!! ^^

i hope ft island/younha wins the newbie award!!

good luck to all!!! ^^

Guest twothree

I can't believe the amount of people that expressed their "sadness" that DBSK is not on the list LOL. If you know that they didn't do anything in Korea this year, why are you sad? lol. I thought this award show was canceled?

It's sad that the album sales are only half of what they were compared to last year.

SG Wannabe ftw.

For the popularity award, I think it's between Wonder Girls and Big Bang.

Guest damifino

^ Golden Disk is a recording industry award. The shows that were canceled were KBS and MBC TV station awards.

True that. SNSD has only had a single out so far and (very recently an album) but their sales have been very good for such a "recent debut" group. WG's Irony single did not sell well, I believe, and though Tell Me fever seems to have hit Korea by all news reports and variety shows, the album sales do not reflect that, which is unfortunate, but case in point. :/

Record sales according to Recording Industry of Korea, as of September 30 (October record sales haven't been released yet):

SNSD 1st single - 15,000

WG 1st single - 8,110

WG 1st Album - 9,201

Guest insignia

I can't believe the amount of people that expressed their "sadness" that DBSK is not on the list LOL. If you know that they didn't do anything in Korea this year, why are you sad?

Tell me about it :rolleyes:

Guest talksound

why... is wonder girls not nominated for a bonsang? and snsd is ? unreasonable.

and why.. is big bang not nominated for the hip hop category?

this is ridiculous.

Guest mashimaro_is_luff

yeah i quite agree also although im a snsd fan..

wg should be nominated too for a more fair playing field

owell.. maybe there was a mistake

I can't believe the amount of people that expressed their "sadness" that DBSK is not on the list LOL. If you know that they didn't do anything in Korea this year, why are you sad?

hey... well at least they didnt threw eggs or boycott... :rolleyes:

and i think you just answer your own question for us (dbsk fan)

we're sad because dbsk CANT win anything, because we fully know

that they didnt do anything this year.

if they have the chance to win but didnt, the cass probably get richard simmons off and not sad...

im sorry but we lose sanity when we became fangirl :phew:

Archived