2007 Golden Disk Awards

Guest Alexiel

Guest splotchydivinity

^ Golden Disk is a recording industry award. The shows that were canceled were KBS and MBC TV station awards.

Record sales according to Recording Industry of Korea, as of September 30 (October record sales haven't been released yet):

SNSD 1st single - 15,000

WG 1st single - 8,110

WG 1st Album - 9,201

Thanks damifino! :D Love your posts. :)

So yeah, SNSD's first single outsold WG's first single by nearly 7,000 copies. Only if you combine WG's single and album sales, do you beat SNSD's sales. Which is kind of sad, as a big fan of WG (I'm also a fan of SNSD), I wish more people would put the money behind their fandom of these girls. Their popularity is obvious, seeing all these clips of them performing, you see PACKED crowds, but the sales just don't represent that. SNSD's recent album probably sold quite well too, so that only continues to put their sales far ahead of WG.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pinkpiglet

yeah i quite agree also although im a snsd fan..

wg should be nominated too for a more fair playing field

owell.. maybe there was a mistake

yes although wonder girls is quite popular with tell me,

the album sales aren't as great but they're def. one

of the groups that "win" the netizen as a whole lol

SNSD wasn't on the digital award list but wonder girls

were because wonder girls has topped the online charts

for awhile now :) does that all even make sense? lol

kinda surprised that people are backing up wonder girls LOL

i wonder what happened to kara and CSJH......????? :o

why... is wonder girls not nominated for a bonsang? and snsd is ? unreasonable.

and why.. is big bang not nominated for the hip hop category?

this is ridiculous.

Read the posts before you, they explained the whole WG/SNSD thing.

And really? I'm super glad this award show had the brains not to put Big Bang in the Hip-hop category. Look at who else is there. Epik High, Dynamic Duo, Drunken Tiger, Vasco etc ...Big Bang isn't in their league. They can't play with the big boys.

Big Bang is Hip-Pop, not Hip-hop; this especially applies to their song Koh Jid Mal, which is less hip-hop influenced than their earlier songs.

I'm totally rooting for Epik High =). Their album sales speak for themselves, and the group really truly deserves it.

For newcomer, Younha is talented, sweet and oh-so-lovable, and although she plays her piano live all the time ...I've fallen in love with FT Island's talent more :x.

Guest asdfjkl;fdsajkl;

^i hate to sound rude but srsly. omg. there is no reason for dbsk to be nominated for anything this year besides "award for making fans go crazy as to why they're not nominated"

and if i misinterpreted your post, im reallyyy srry.

i get why snsd is nominated now. kinda stupid how its based purely on sales but whatever.

even still...lack of csjh which is really weird.

Guest splendidlure

i know huh? the whole 2007 year they've been in japan. if they're gonna get an award, it's would be in japan. anyways.

good luck f.t. island, wonder girls, big bang, younha, epik high, especially ivy. x]

Guest smile-jw

Thanks Alexiel! ^^

Yes, the reason why Tell Me wasnt nominated for bonsang was because of record sales.

At least Wonder Girls is nominated for a lot of other categories, So I guess it isn't bad~

I cheer for all of them~

But I really hope that SNSD, SuJu, Epik High, Younha, F.T Island, and Wonder Girls gets an award~

I just really hope people dont accuse anything..IF SNSD or SuJu won..

Because I'm really tired of the "How much did SM pay?"

All who got nomiated deserve to win equally. ^^

Best of luck to all~

Guest CharlotteDarcy

Go

Wonder Girls...for making "Tell Me" such a phenomenon in KOrea!!!

Big BAng... Lie was such a big hit

Epik High... sold more than 100,000 albums. Dang!!!

Kara<-----------they should be on the nominations.

omo. it's sad how dbsk isn't in any of the upcoming big events.

Well, honey. If there was a "We didn't do anything but should win anyways" award, they would totally grab it. ^_^

I really can't chose between SG Wannabe and Epik High for the Daesang award. They both really do deserve it.

I am definitely on the same page as you. I think both group really deserve it, but something tells me SG Wannabe might pick it up this year...which is all good because I am pretty sure Epik High would pick up something else...or vice versa.

Rooting for Big Bang, Wonder Girls and FT Island...they pretty much dominated the later half of the year and deserve something. I might be the only one here but I am going all the way for Ji Eun, she is so talented yet so underrated...*sigh*...but something tell me, she is not going to get that Newbie Award (seeing all her competitors).

-ida

Guest mashimaro_is_luff

yes although wonder girls is quite popular with tell me,

the album sales aren't as great but they're def. one

of the groups that "win" the netizen as a whole lol

SNSD wasn't on the digital award list but wonder girls

were because wonder girls has topped the online charts

for awhile now :) does that all even make sense? lol

kinda surprised that people are backing up wonder girls LOL

i wonder what happened to kara and CSJH......????? :o

what are u talking about girl???

people always back up WG...

well.. until another war start up and rude comments pisses people off :rolleyes:

Guest addickshun

so there isn't a site to vote for them?

and why isn't KARA up there somewhere?

i really want FT to win<3

i'll totally support them all the way~~

Guest talksound

Speaking of deserving, snsd only beats WG in terms of album sales or single sales or whatever. i say WG has the whole package. It's quite a fact, actually.

Guest lovelylil819

If this is based on album sales...then I think I can predict who wins the newbie award.

Anycall Newbie Award

FT Island

Cheerful Sensibility | 사랑앓이 [Lovesick]

They sold roughtly about 50-60 thousand albums. Don't quote me on this. I know their album sale is probably the best one out of all the newcomers, but I'm not really sure. I know it's in the upper tens.

Younha

고백하기 좋은 날 [Perfect Day to Say I Love You] | 비밀번호 486 [secret Number 486]

She sold about 40,000-50,000 albums...maybe even more now. I'm so HAPPY! ^_^

Wonder Girls

The Wonder Years | Tell Me

I have no ideo how much they have sold, but I think it's better than the rest of the other groups on this list. SoNyeoShiDae sold a lot of albums for their single 'Into the World', but this is album sale and I don't think their 'Girls' Generation' album have sold enough to compete with Wonder Girls.

I rooting for Younha in the Bonsang and Newbie award. I don't think Younha will get the popularity. She sure is popular, but her fans aren't as crazy as the other boy and girl groups. :P

Guest corinnachia

I really hope SG Wannabe wins this year.. HTey totally deserve it considering that their album sales got almost double of the 2nd best selling album this year...

SG Wannabe all the way!!!!

Archived