[Anime/Manga] 5 Centimeters Per Second

Guest cavil.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EYJAYJAY

I enjoyed it. Can anyone else recommend similar movies?

yep. once this dvd set i ordered on amazon arrive, ill check it out and tell you if it's any good :)

Guest Take Five

I enjoyed it. Can anyone else recommend similar movies?

the director's other two movies: voices of a distant star, the place promised in our early days. i think all his movies are about long-distance relationships and stuff like that.

• 6 months later...

i seriously didnt like it.

it was sooo dry. i cant even remember now how it all ended

all i could remember was the intro with childhood memories~

well whatever i think im going to watch it again cuz ive forgotten about it

Guest OneChance

ZOMG, THIS MOVIE IS <333 !!!

Soooo beautiful, moving and real. (: This movie made me cry every time i watched it xD I can cry pretty easily in sad movies hahhaa. :lol:

Guest fast11375

I have the DVD. While the art is stunning, I was really dissatisfied with the ending.

You can try VEOH.com, although it's in crappy quality. I also use animea.net, it has megaupload links.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TDKSJ

I watched it yesterday and i as freakin touched....but...argh!!! the ending...so nice....the guy is too gorgeous ^^

Great animation. although the pace is slow, the overall story is great. really realistic and believable.

Guest mkayimcherry

I would say "The Place Promised in Our Early Days" and "Voices of a Distant Star" becuase they're both by Shinkai Makoto. I'd also recommend "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" :]

I loved 5 Centimeters Per Second, the art was just amazingg~

^o^

it also had a good and realistic meaning, in my opinion

Guest watcher

this was a really touching anime

the story itself is nothing special, but it really scores on presentation.

just beautiful

• 2 weeks later...
Guest balloons*

I just saw it today....from the start I already sensed the gloominess of it and wasn't expecting a happy ending...but it did successfully portray reality....T___T;;

Guest hyeminnie

i seriously didnt like it.

it was sooo dry. i cant even remember now how it all ended

all i could remember was the intro with childhood memories~

well whatever i think im going to watch it again cuz ive forgotten about it

same here. it was too slow and boring so i couldn't even get through half of the first part.

Guest KAITOU KID.

Oooh yes, I've watched this. It was pretty pro.

I love the artwork, the backgrounds and everything were just gorgeous.

same here. it was too slow and boring so i couldn't even get through half of the first part.

I was tricked into watching it cuz my friend saw so many good reviews. We didn't make it to the end either @_@ I kept waiting for something crazy to happen. I thought for sure at least someone would die - or at least lose an eye from archery lol.

Guest bloomin_

I think that patience is needed to watch anime which can be rather slow-moving, like this one :)

loved the scenery the best, so breathtaking~

I recommend animes like "Mushi-shi" and "Honey and clover", if you adore beautifully drawn artwork and the "slice of life" genre like me^^ (but again for some who can't stand slow moving animes, then this is probably not for you)

Archived