[Anime/Manga] 5 Centimeters Per Second

Guest cavil.

5 Centimeters Per Second

Manga:

image    image

Remember a time before cell phones could be found in every pocket? Or when even accessing the world wide web was something only readily available in a library? Back then letters still filled up postboxes and moments just felt so much more precious when captured on Polaroid film. Now life seems to move at the speed of light. Our memories are captured and shared with the world on social media platforms. And love, which is already capricious, can feel like it is moving at terminal velocity.

Volumes: 2 (complete) https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=53603

Movie Version:

Takaki and Akari are two classmates in elementary school. During their time together they have become close friends. Their relationship is tested when Akari moves to another city because of her parents' jobs. Both of them struggle to keep their friendship alive, as time and distance slowly pulls them apart. When Takaki finds out that he is moving further away, he decides to visit Akari one last time.

It came out this year. I liked it. Anyone else watch it? Subtle and reminiscing.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zenigame

Great movie. Such beautiful animation and score. I liked the ending as well, realistic and not so unlikely.

Not a very long movie, broken up into 3 different stories at different times in their lives. Bittersweet!

Guest Take Five

it was pretty good. although i'm sick of the first part with the trains cuz i watched it like 4 times. i thought that part was kinda emo.

i love the song and the end montage. such awesome backgrounds.

Guest Fook You

I have it...but have yet to watch it. But I keep hearing good things about it. Maybe I'll slot some time out one day to watch it.

Guest i3lu3fun

yes, i've watched it few days ago. a wonderful movie indeed, i cry at the end of it. somehow i can feel the pain takaki was going through, being lonely. but, my favourite part is "Episode 2: Cosmonaut", i thought they were able to captured the emotion of Kanae perfectly. The drawing was awesome, it's definately one of my favourite animes.

Guest Lothringen

It's really good. I love it xD

I love the animation

the storyline is good too

the ending is realistic but yeah... it's sad but I love how realistic it is

My favorite episode is 1 and 2

3 seems a bit rushed... but it's still good :D

Guest onesh0t

god i loved this movie. So gonna buy this when it comes out on dvd. Awesome story, spectacular visiuals, phenomenal story. I've watched it like 4 times and i dont regret a moment. Such a sad story, but so fulfilling.

I saw part one of this movie, and I thought it was amazing. Then I watched Voices from a Distant Star, or something like that, by the same guy, and it was just as good.

Then I watched The Place Promised In Our Youth. MUST SEE. These movies are up there with miyazaki/ghibli movies (my opinion ^_^)

but I can't find the other parts of 5cm/s ;_;

• 3 weeks later...
Guest EYJAYJAY

awesome, it's in my sig~ ^^ lmao, and everyone SHOULD watch it..IN HD

is there like a HD dvd?

but anyways, gorgeous. it's as good as miyazaki's works and that's extremely good.

Archived