[movie 2008] A Man Once A Superman 슈퍼맨이었던 사나

Guest huangsy

Guest yum yum dimsum

A MAN ONCE A SUPERMAN

Production Still

amoasp009iu2.jpg

^ i don't know who the guy is in the middle..

but good news,

the film is already 70% finished and---

distribution rights have been sold to Singapore's Festive Films and Hong Kong's Golden Scene

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

S. Korean actress Jeon Ji-hyun

pyh2007112803930099000piq1.jpg

Nov. 28, PAJU, South Korea -- Popular South Korean actress Jeon Ji-hyun speaks at a press conference about the new film, "A Man Once A Superman," in which she stars with actor Hwang Jeong-min, at a studio in the city of Paju on Nov. 28. (Yonhap) (END)

Source: http://app.yonhapnews.co.kr/YNA/basic/Arti...ePhotoMain.aspx

November 28, 2007

Jun Ji Hyun, "If all actors were like Hwang Jung Min"

431_0.jpg

"Thinking it would be nice if all actors were like Hwang Jung Min, I am currently greatly enjoying filming this movie," says Jun Ji Hyun of 'The man who used to be Superman.'

At the press conference held on the 28th, Jun Ji Hyun also commented, "I feel a lot of burden as I haven't acted in a Korean film for a while, but I feel very good about the movie itself. Hwang Jung Min is a nice person beyond being an actor and I am also learning a lot (about acting)."

Jun Ji Hyun recently finished filming 'Blood: The Last Vampire' in Hollywood making this is her first Korean piece since 'Daisy' which opened early last year.

She changed her style for the movie, changing her trademark long straight hair into a perm and lower bangs. She says, "I am very good at surviving. I don't put on makeup and my wardrobe is careless, but I am not concerning myself with it."

Hwang Jung Min added, "I think her look right now is sexier and nice. At times she can be silly, but she is a very good person overall. Our teamwork is wonderful on set."

In response to a question asking what type of super power she would like, Jun answered, "I want a super power that lets me act well. Working with Director Jung and Hwang Jung Min, I am making that power a reality."

Director Jung commented, "The Korean film industry is suffering right now, but I want to become a Super Director that can save it. This movie is about letting people know that anyone can become a super hero if they want to, and giving them power and hope."

Jun Ji Hyun commented on an episode during filming, "I had to smoke a cigarette for the first time but it was tough as I usually consider health to be the most important," to which Hwang Jung Min quickly replied, "It was a prop cigarette made of sagebrush."

This movie is about human documentary producer Song Soo Jung (played by Jun Ji Hyun), who is sick of filming hypocritical programs that touch on people's sympathy, who starts to change by meeting a man (Hwang Jung Min) believing himself to be a superman who has lost powers but still tries to help everyone around. The movie is scheduled for release early next year.

Source: Broasia.com

http://www.broasia.com/lwboard/lwboard.php...l=news&pg=1

LOL!

The Superman poster is awesome! :w00t: Just like what it should be! :P Thanks yum yum dimsum. I was waiting for it to update HJM's long list of movies.. the actor's indeed a superman.. 4 movies in 2007 alone! :sweatingbullets:

Shirley, too.. thanks for the trailer. It's good, huh. :rolleyes: Hope there'll be a non-mms link available soon. My pc is a little bit :wacko: when it comes to mms links. FlashGet has got moody days, unfortunately.

Cool sharing! Merci!

And ooh! The release date on Jan 31st!! :w00t: That's mighty fast!! :w00t:

Guest Yehbaby

the posters are perfect, lol! love Hwang Jung Min's red cape...

the trailer . a very superman trailer ! okie Hwang Jung Min wins .

i believe he is superman ! lol right down to that hair ...dang this look good .

mms://mvodm.hscdn.com/movie/EPK/185900/253789-00300-free.wmv

from film2.0

it does look good! this trailer makes me want to watch the movie even more...dang, what a fresh concept. it's going to be another winner for Hwang Jung Min, haha.

i upload it on mediafire and youtube

http://www.mediafire.com/?fhcm9ymww0o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU5lPhUCTfA

it does look good! this trailer makes me want to watch the movie even more...dang, what a fresh concept. it's going to be another winner for Hwang Jung Min, haha.

yup . i think HJM has another winner on his hand . how does this man do it ! he too amazing ..lol a real super actor ! ^^ .

Guest yum yum dimsum

supermanqi9.jpg

인간들의 친구 슈퍼맨이오!

LOL! I love it!

it looks like its going to be a funny and heartwarming film. can't wait to watch it.

thanks shirley!!

Guest christina.

A new movie with Jeon Ji Hyun! Oh, I missed her so much<33

Hope this movie'll do good. (:

I haven't head of the lead guy before, but hope it all comes good in the end.

Guest missy_jiee

i can't wait to see this. i'm very excited for this movie to come out.

i absolutely love every single movie jeon ji hyun plays in. hehe.

to me, she's a very good actress.

still patiently waiting for her american movie Blood Vampire to come out. ^^

• 2 weeks later...

December 26, 2007

A Man who was Superman (Supermanyi Eodeon Sanayi)

Posted by EunWook

Movie: A Man who was Superman | Supermanyi Eodeon Sanayi

Release Date : January 31, 2008

Director : Yoon-Chul Jeong

Starring : Jeong-min Hwang, Ji-hyun Jun

Runtime:

Editor Rating : Not Yet Rated

Soo-jung Song has made human interest documentaries in a small company for over 3 years. She is sick of making these kind of films so she takes the company’s camera and starts to film a documentary on an African Lion that refuses to eat. Suddenly the shooting for the documentary is canceled, but what is worse is that the company’s camera is stolen right from her hands. Just at the moment to save the day, a man in Hawaiian shirt comes out of the blue and retrieves the stolen camera. He returns the camera to Soo-jung and tells her that is he is Superman, but powerless because of cryptonite place in his head by an evil villain. Even though he is without powers he still claims to do good deeds like retrieving lost dogs, reprimanding naked men standing in public, and doing hand stands to push the sun away from the earth. Obviously, Soo-jung can tell he is a nut, but a nut that would make for interesting subject matter in her next documentary.

She then films her next documentary titled “Protect the Earth, Superman.” As usual, Soo-jung manipulates the story to get maximum effect and as a result, the documentary becomes a hit. After a dinner of celebration, Soo-jung suffers from a supreme hang over. Superman appears in front of her and takes her to a sewage drain where he claims a monster will come out. Soo-jung can only smell the aweful scent of the sewer. She decides to go to the hospital and in the process Superman gets an examination. The doctors discover something unexpected in his brain, which turns everything around.

“A Man who was Superman” combines the well regarded actor Jeong-min Hwang (Black House/Happiness) and actress/model Ji-hyun Jun, who is more regarded for her attractive appearance. Another recent Koran movie, “Venus and Mars (Ssaum),” had a similiar pairing but it proved not to be so successful. In that movie, Kyung-gu Sol, another well regarded South Korean actor, was paired with Tae-hee Kim (The Restless) who is not so well regarded for her acting. Most of the press harped on Tae-hee Kim’s shaky performance and as a result the movie flopped.

Hopefully “A Man who was Superman” will have better luck than “Venus and Mars (Ssaum).” Ji-hyun Jun has recently adopted the name Gianna Jun for Western markets and in particular for her upcoming role in the U.S. film “Blood: The Last Vampire.” She hasn’t had much luck in the Korean market since her performance in the mega-hit “My Sassy Girl” back in 2001. Since that time, Ji-hyun Jun has been typecast in similar roles usually having the same sweet innocent girl qualities. In “A Man who was Superman” she breaks out of that typecast and plays a much more manipulative type of person (again similar to Tae-Hee Kim’s change in Venus and Mars). It will be interesting to see how audiences reacts to her new role and if “A Man was Superman” has better luck than “Venus and Mars (Ssaum).” The movie opens in Korean theatres on January 31, 2008.

Credits & more captures at lunapark6.com

Guest yum yum dimsum

The doctors discover something unexpected in his brain, which turns everything around.

please not cancer, please not cancer, please not cancer :unsure:

ANYHOO... the official site is now up though nothing to see yet

http://www.superman2008.co.kr

i also found some official photos!! and Jeon Ji Hyun's camera man is played by Kim Min Jung and the kid with Hwang Jung Min is Jin Ji Hee.

A Man Once A Superman

Promo Stills

amoasp011zt5.th.jpg amoasp012oa1.th.jpg amoasp013on7.th.jpg amoasp015hw4.th.jpg amoasp016ms4.th.jpg amoasp017wl7.th.jpg amoasp018vg8.th.jpg amoasp019cj6.th.jpg

Guest monoceros

please not cancer, please not cancer, please not cancer :unsure:

ANYHOO... the official site is now up though nothing to see yet

http://www.superman2008.co.kr

i also found some official photos!! and Jeon Ji Hyun's camera man is played by Kim Min Jung and the kid with Hwang Jung Min is Jin Ji Hee.

A Man Once A Superman

Promo Stills

lol.. something "unexpected" in his brain.. well i guess it probably is but let's just hope its not. jjh looks so matuue in here

Guest joyeux

Wow, this looks really good! I just saw the trailer too! Hwang Jung Min's amazing, so I really can't wait to see this. From the pictures in this thread, it already looks fun! HJM's facial expressions . . . . lol. They're quite something! I can't believe I didn't see this thread before. ^^;

Archived