Underrated/Overrated Dramas

Guest trulime

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mrmz

Overrated:

1. BOF (might be a bias from my part my don't like the story plus the main actor)
  2. You Are Beautiful (nothing so great about it and ending is freakin draggy plus I hate indecisive main characters!!!)
  3. Goong (very draggy)
  4. Mischievous Kiss (beginning cute but went ALL OVER THe PLACE afterwards, I wonder if I would've understood what was going on if I hadn't seen the story TWICE b4 lol )

Underrated:

1. Once Upon a time in Saeng Chori (Mystery & comedy all the way to the end!! The only painful thing was having to wait a whole week for the next episode!!!)
  2. The world they live it (good acting, plus the characters felt so real, I felt that was really watching real ppl, not just an entertaining drama) 

I don;t have much cuz i haven't seen that many kdramas (not as many as jdoramas :P

Guest WitchGoddess

Overrated: Boys over Flowers <--- I just don't get why people like it

Underrated: Protect the Nation <--- funniest romantic comedy ever.

Guest Sonnenschein

Most underrated: The world they live in

It is a interestening story which is quite uniqe and a great chemostry between the lead couple. What I liked the most were the voiceover parts which compared life and drama

Guest -quiescent

BOYS OVER FLOWERS takes the cake for the MOST OVERRATED drama on the face of the EARTH!

Underrated; SOULMATE (unbelievably underrated!), Who Are You?, Smile You, Can You Hear Me?, Prosecutor Princess, Partners...

Guest charley_joey

Overrated:

Boys Over Flowers -- because it was such a hit here, I tried to pull my limbs together in front of the TV set to watch it. But after seeing around two episodes, I quit. I tell my friends, "I already watched Hana Yori Dango, so what makes this thing any different?" Except for eye candy, nothing's really special in it.

You're Beautiful -- because it was another hit here, I tried watching it with my friends (who are fans). But then, I got bored. I was like, "Okay, so she pretends to be a boy...isn't that just like Coffee Prince?"

Full House -- Don't get me wrong -- I used to love this drama, because I liked Song Hye Gyo's beauty back then. But I was a high school student then, so all the cat fights and bickering appealed to me. But when I tried to re watch it just recently, I realized there's no depth in the story and characters. If I was able to watch it only now, I would not like it.

Endless Love series -- These were the first Korean dramas I ever watched, but they are all the same.

P.S.

I know some will argue, but I don't think Secret Garden is overrated. Yes, some scenes are a bit dragging but what makes it click is that it's real -- not too sweet, not too bitter. It doesn't bank on the usual selling points of romantic-comedy Korean dramas: bickering, spectacle, cheesy romance. The acting's not over the top, too. To be honest, I did not like this drama at first. I would not have watched it if not for Ha Ji Won. When I watched the first two episodes, I kept thinking why it clicked. But when I saw Kim Joo Won's struggle to keep Gil Ra Im off his head (but still couldn't), I thought, "Oh, the characters unfold slowly." So I watched a little bit more and got myself hooked. The story was weaved beautifully by the body-switching, which was why it was promoted that way.

Underrated:

Bad Family -- This drama is just so touching. Maybe it's underrated because there's no romantic whatevers. But it's really good. I like the little kid, too. She's brilliant.

Guest hysaengfangirl

i actually haven't watched much of korean dramas, but one thing I am sure is....

COFFEE HOUSE is UNDERRATED!

sad to be true :(

Guest simple.glass

I think Baker King is a little bit over rated. It has loop holes in the story.

Full House, I think is also a little bit. The flow of the story is not really that moving but at least, their acting and chemistry uplift the ratings. But to think of it, Full House is not the top drama of that year speaking of its ratings and awards. I don't think Song Hye Kyo is overrated. Her acting is convincing and what she just need is just a new acting award to stop her haters (if ever she has one).

and hey....

The Most Underrated Drama for me is Worlds Within and many from SBS.

Guest Banana Peel

I think Sungkyunkwan Scandal was pretty underrated (at least from the ratings and all). I'm not the type of person to watch "old times" style drama by myself, but I enjoyed and anticipated this drama just as I did for my favorites in the past. And yet not a lot of people seemed interested :P

Guest sgsia

underrated---- ALONE IN LOVE

SUNGKYUNWAN SCANDAL

overrated---BOYS OVER FLOWER

SECRET GARDEN

Guest miyu_07

i remember watching a teen oriented series before it was called Banolim or Sharp love 3 year 2006 produce by KBS but no one bothers to watch it

it is a great series with a great teen story sice i was still teens when i watched this.

Guest `DEBI

I base my over-rated dramas on popular dramas that got alot of hoo-ha and after watching them, couldn't remember ANYTHING after the craze has ended.

They are:

1) Boys Over Flowers: I know the cast is very goodlooking but aside from that, I really can't recall any significant moment in the drama that made me go 'wow!'

2) Goong: Same situation. I think I was really crazy about it at one point but towards the end, I'm like "I just want to know the ending T.T"

3)Dream High: This is the only highly rated drama that I couldn't even go pass the first 15 minutes of the first episode. It was so painful to watch.

Under-rated dramas:

1) Hello My Teacher: I think it was really funny! I loved Gong Hyo Jin since then.

2)Royal Family: SERIOUSLY. WHY ISN'T IT GIVEN MORE ATTENTION.

3)Obstetrics and Gynaecology: I really like it! My first Song Joon Ki drama.

Guest msmall

Over-rated Dramas

1. Boys Over Flowers... Duh... But I enjoyed it regardless. You don't have to hate over-rated dramas btw. :/

2. Winter Sonata... Too depressing and dull. At least for me... Sorry :/

3. Stairway to Heaven... Same as above

4. 1st Shop of Coffee Prince... Disgustingly boring... I despise it. It's my 2nd least favorite KDrama after Attic Cat. :)

5. Full House... Over-rated because of Bi... and Song Hye-Kyo... Dull storyline... Blah blah blah

Under-rated Dramas

1. Bad Guy... I was really disappointed to find its rating when it was airing last summer. Amazing cinematography, beautifully crafted OST, unique plot, realistic characters. It has everything a person could ever want... Except this is a melodrama. Which I love, but some may not love them...

2. Bodyguard... Even though it was low-budget, I immensely enjoyed the drama for no apparent reason. LOL :)

3. Someday... Very original. I loved the quirkiness of the drama. :)

4. Worlds Within... WTF? How is this drama not popular? Song Hye-Kyo?? Hyeon Bin?? Realistic characters in real life. This is the one and only drama that I could relate to.. :)

5. Green Rose... It's a very different kind of KDrama. It's not your typical love story, but still has a love story. Very heartbreaking, suspenseful, etc. :) Also, Lee Da-Hae is in it! :)

Guest .rainbow

Overrated:

-Playful Kiss. I think had too much of a childish feel to it. And the storyline was very bleh D:

Underrated:

-Hong Gil Dong!! If any hasn't seen this I encourage you to! A great drama with action, comedy, and romance! I loooooooved it :)

-Stars Falling From the Sky. A cute drama with a comedy and romance, very sweet and lots of LOL moments xD

Guest Nevyn

Over rated     Shining Inheritance / Brilliant Legacy - painfully dull

Secret Garden - I watched it and enjoyed it but didnt think i was worth all the hype

My Princess - ...just... why???

Under rated  Cant think of anything that was brilliant that didnt get any hype. 

Hong Gil Dong does seem to have slipped out of general circulation whereas its WAY better than BOF... so Ill give that one my underated vote. :)

Guest chickygirl

I have to agree on My Princess, the main characters are too old for such a "teeny" romantic comedy series

Archived