Underrated/Overrated Dramas

Guest trulime

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest de Jarje

Underrated :

I am so agree with 9 ends 2 out...this is definitely one of my fave K-dramas ever.....

The plot was really good, the main lead character are refreshing ( Love LEE JUNG JIN in here...so mucchh), light, funny, romantic also, gives a lot of friendship color...

"Why Did You Come To My House?" cast : Kim Ji Hoon, i forgot the main female lead but i like her...

Same reason with 9 ends 2 out, its really refreshing....from the beg to the very end... i'm just so into this drama...

Overrated :

BOF..hahaha... i really don't think this drama THAT GREAT...^ ^;;;;

Despite that the story are sooo overused, i found the main girl are so....#$%^&

Good looking boys, expensive stuffs and all are just a sweetener to a plain story...

EoE

the story are soooo @#$%^&*.......

same with BoF.... used all great casts doesn't help much....

I seem to have posted in this thread a few times but I wanted to add two more dramas to overrated.

FULL HOUSE.

YES. I know I'm late on watching this drama..I was bored & decided to watch it and i'm so sad I wasted so much time. Seriously, this drama is what you call going around in circles. NOTHING ever gets resolved. By the end of the drama, I was still waiting for them to get mad at each other and threaten to leave one another. I just don't understand all the hype it got. O/T but oh my Rain's stylist should never dress anyone again.

BOYS OVER FLOWERS

the most overrated drama in 2009. It was so bad. It was just really bad. I don't even want to associate it with Meteor Garden or Hana Yori Dango. The first few episodes looked extremely promising, it was good but not excellent then from episode 13 and on it just went downhill from there. I cannot tell you how much the drama dragged and lacked when it came to the relationship b/t the main characters. The biggest problem with this drama was that they let the audience dictate way too much what they wanted the drama to be. The PD tried too hard to please everyone that by the end everything was confusing and so random, F4 had turned emo, the 2 main characters were extremely weak characters. The only character who had much development was the supporting actor b/c all his fans kept asking for more of him. By the end I saw absolutely NO REASON why the main guy deserved the main girl...heck, she could have ended up alone and I would have been fine with it...

Such a big disappointment and definitely the most overrated drama of 2009 not only on soompi & Korea but all over Asia.

Guest s395299

overrated: full house-because it deserved it it was good, stairways to heaven-i liked it it made me cry even after re-watching it, coffee prince-lead characters had so much chemistry together, my girl-it was cute and funny, goong-cute and funny, winter sonata-like some sad before it was good in the beginning but yeah i kind of forced myself to watch it til the end cause i already spent some much time watching it, i'm sorry i love you-didn't like it kind of forgot the story line, bob-bad editing story it predictable because duh its a remake but i loved every bit of it i can honestly say i love every minute of the drama because every scene they were so important because of their time so yah i liked it and bob deserved their popularity especially because of the cast

underrated: hong gil dong-it was a drama that come with a full package it was fun sad exciting all kinds emotion packed into one, 9 In 2 Outs-love the chemistry, Capital Scandal-gotta love Kang Ji Hwan

Guest Xx_fiZaH_xX

it's just me but overrated are boys over flower, winter sonata, stairway to heaven, coffee prince

full house is just okay

and underrated? the world they live in aka worlds within. i like that drama but the rating was so low~!

Guest ethelelion

Overrated:

1) boys over flowers: i totally couldn't stand gu hye san in the show, the only thing that kept me watching was kim bum and kim so eun

2) East of eden: omg it started to drag so much, and it moved so slowly afterwards

3) coffee prince: it didn't really interest me much, though i guess its kinda original and different

Underrated:

1) Snow queen: i thought it had a unique plot and it was so touching

2) family's honor: it seems like noone really heard much about this drama but its really enjoyable

3) dear heaven: its really good but i guess again unheard of by most ppl

Guest daisuki

overrated - coffee prince, winter sonata ( but this drama causes korean hallyu in my country =), so im still glad it was shown in the television ^^), goong

underrated - 9 ends 2 outs, capital scandal, fashion 70s

cannot think of other dramas at the moment.

UNDERRATED: Six Months/Just Looking/That Fool/The Accidental Couple. It's such a heartwarming drama. It's slow and annoying halfway, but the last half totally makes up for it. It's a great drama.

Also, Triple is shaping up to be one of the most underrated dramas ever.

Guest __jane

Underrated |

1. Into the Sun (will always make you laugh)

2. Thank You (amazing drama)

3. Capital Scandal (has an attractive air to it)

4. Fashion 70's (original and cool)

Overrated |

1. Boys Over Flowers (juvenile and childish..need I say more?)

2. Goong (bad acting, boring, and the manhwa was just 100x better)

3. Coffee Prince (original but the whole waffle flipping guy and the fact that the overrated

actress yoon eun hye was in it just sets it was an overrated drama.)

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion,

the overrated kdrama are full house, Boys over flower and Goong.

I've never watch to the end because the dramas are dragging to many episodes and seems boring to me.

For example, i cannot stand the plot of Full house. In the beginning, i admit this is interesting drama, but in the middle, it seems lost.

May be due to the popularity of Bi and Song Hye kyo the drama became popular.

And for Boys over flower, the drama is just so-so. Not really good and bad. I think this is because, the drama seems really fantasy. Lee Min Ho's character is super duper rich. Hehehehe... may be i'm really not into this kind of drama. Same goes for goong..

But, yeah...this is my opinion.

Other people might have their own opinion.

So, sorry if this hurting you, people....... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest keeptryin'

Overrated: BOF, Goong, Full House

BOF= I never understood this madness about Lee Minho.

overall: bad acting, draggy, & boring.

Underrated: Cain & Abel, Captial Scandal, Biscuit and Candy(something like that..the one with Gong Yoo), Loving You

Overrated: BOF...seriously I didn't even finish the drama. Yes the cast are all gorgeous but it was so boring to me. East of Eden

Guest Honey_KizZ

overated: full house, BOF

i found full house quite boring especially towards the end where things

kept dragging on.

BOF cuz of the acting

Guest sang_woo_always

Underrated:

9 Ends 2 out

Cloud staircase

Hong Gil Dong - i thought everyone loved this?? I totally DID! =)

Delightful Girl Chun Hyang - loved the leads!!

Overrated:

BOF- omg, i dnt see what's so good abt this version?? WAY too overrated!

Full House- even though i love both SHG and Rain, it was the same thing over n over again! got boring!!!

Goong- need i say more?

Overrated: BOF, Goong, Full House

BOF= I never understood this madness about Lee Minho.

overall: bad acting, draggy, & boring.

I agree with those two. BOF is SO OVERRATED. I watched like three episodes and then I gave up. All this hype around it made me dislike it even more.

don't know about full house cuz i didn't even bother with that one.

Guest kiwi1430261477

underrated:

1. Soul Mate

2. Hello Francesa (it was sorta a sitcomish show but still...)

3. How to Meet A Perfect Stranger

4. Sweet 18

overrated:

1. I'm Sorry, I Love You (the story didn't even make sense -__-)

2. Goong

3. Coffee Prince

4. Full House

5. Beethoven Virus

6. East of Eden

7. You Are My Destiny

just my opinion ^^v

• 4 weeks later...

Archived