Underrated/Overrated Dramas

Guest trulime

Guest demystified

Underrated

Prosecutor Princess - this drama was extremely cute and romantic. People who have watched this probably agree with me

Overrated

Oh My Lady

Cinderella Sister

Coffee House

Secret Garden ( i know people are going to hate me for putting this here)

Playful Kiss

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
Guest Airine Pratama

Overrated : SECRET GARDEN ... I've watched and it was just ok for me ... Not very refreshing style of drama just a little secret here and there opened one by one, and the one opened in the end is nice ... But still not so great to have the hype.

Underrated : COFFEE HOUSE ... Seriously this is one of the most romantic k-drama, the story tells in different way. The two leads connect with each other in the most natural and not in an exaggerated way ... The just strongly understand each other. And of course Sexy Man Kang Ji Hwan make it all even better.

Guest sprinkle_kitty

most overrated drama:

-You're Beautiful: Oh my gosh -____________- I'm not hating on the actors, I'm hating on the characters that they played. They're really unbearable,especially Park Shin Hye's character.

-Secret Garden: At first when I heard what the story is about, I thought, hey that sounds funny and different. But after watching the first episode....I couldn't watch it anymore.

-Dream High:....I don't know how to explain it but I guess it's because it's a school to become to singer...plus I'm not really a Taekyeon fan or a T-ara fan>< And the overall storyline is pretty cheesy.

-Boys Over Flower: SO OVERRATED!!! And it become even more overrate with that other couple with Kim Bum and the main person's friend( I don't know what her name). Plus the series has been remade sooooooo many times.

underrated drama:

-The Woman Who Still Wants to get Married: I really like this drama about a career woman who gets a second chance at love. :)

Guest patricedee

Underrated dramas

Prosecutor Princess- The story is interesting and the acting is superb. Great chemistry. I love Park Shi Hoo and Kim So Yeon!

Smile, You - This is the first longest drama I've watched. I really can't move on after watching it. I guess this drama is not that popular because it's boring in the first 10 episodes. I'm still infected by the SooIn syndrome. I hope that they will become a real couple. :lol:

Coffee House - Unique story. I love the cast, I started loving KJH thru this drama. I still have this drama in my hard drive. :lol:

Guest sol-star

Underrated: The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry-- I adored this one to death. Such a lovely story about 3 BFFs who are over 30 and looking for love. I mostly loved the emphasis on the friendship rather than the romances. I also loved that once these girls did get their men, it wasn't all sunshine and roses. And Kim Bum was in it, so I have no idea why ppl weren't all over it.

Soulmate- Haven't even finished half of this drama and already in love! Had to come back and edit this post and add it anyway! This show is usually compared to Sex & the City, but for both sexes. It's very entertaining and realistic. I understand wanting to watch a fluffy love story (I'm guilty!), but sometimes it's nice to watch something fresh that's not going to give you everything in a neat little package. I am bracing myself for a not so happy ending, but we'll see. This one is on Dramafever, so I highly reccommend Rom-Com lovers check out atleast the first episode, you'll know if you'll like it just from watching that. Plus, the guys are hot. (And male drama-watchers, so are the women.)

Overrated: Secret Garden-- I am enjoying this drama, but it drags a little and I've had to force myself to keep watching a few times. If the leads weren't played by Hyun Bin & Ha Ji Won, I don't think I'd still be watching.

Edit: Finished Secret Garden.... same opinion. But it's weird, now that it's over, I appreciate it more. Esp after watching the special and BigBang parody. And I've read many arguments by hardcore fans of the series who defend it to no end... and I have been persuaded a little about some issues (pointless body swapping etc) but bottom line... I was bored for longer than I should have been. And I didn't truly connect with the characters, I just knew the drama wanted me to like them. But the acting saved this drama for sure...amazing performances by Ha Ji Won, Hyun Bin and the man who played Oska. Sorry for the long windedness... I can talk about dramas all day!! :-)

Guest omfgnicole

Underated..  I'm going to try to not say too too much, because I don't really want to spoil. lol

Year 2010:

Coffee House - I wouldn't say this drama is SUPER AMAZING, but I did enjoy it very much. I really enjoyed the relationships that were in the drama. I did ship the underdog but I was perfectly fine with the final couple! Oh, and the romance in this drama is realllly good for a kdrama. lol. There's some really hot kisses as well.

Prosecutor Princess - One of my favorite dramas in 2010. Of course, I am biased because Kim So Yeon is one of my favorite Korean actresses. KSY & Park Si Hoo are a really fun, entertaining and comedic. Other characters have their own "sub-stories" in the drama that are actually interesting to know about.

God of Study - I didn't hear too much buzz about this drama. Again it's not an epic drama or anything, but I did thoroughly enjoy it.

Year 2008:

POWERFUL OPPONENTS - OMG THIS DRAMA WAS F($#%$@ AWESOME. I saw it while it aired so I don't remember every detail, I just remembered that I loved it. LOL sorry for not being too descriptive.

As for recently overrated.. I'm not too sure. I was a sucker for pretty much all the "overrated" dramas & thought they deserved their buzz.

However there was one drama that bothered me.

Year 2010:

Cinderella's Sister - The storyline was actually good.. it's just that this drama DRAGGED SO FREAKING MUCH and was filled with TOO MUCH ANGST. I was not a fan of the lead guy ( I did like him when they were young though lol). Through him I was unable to support the relationship between him & MGY which of course makes the drama really hard to enjoy. I did like Taecyeon in his role. The actress who played MGY's mom was amazing (in terms of acting), and the step father was so so so so precious.. 

Guest rawr_sheila

Underrated: My Girl- I really thought this was a good drama!! But it competed in the same year/time as My Name is Kim Sam Soon, so that prob explained why.

Overrated: Full House- sorry guys, I liked it, thought it was nice, okay. But it wasn't alll thatttt. I think a lot of girls liked it because they thought Rain was cute.

Guest I_SEE_U

I can go into great details about my reasons but It'll take too long, so I'll just say little.

Underrated:

Hello, God. - I don't understand how people can pass up on this drama. It's so just great!

Smile, you - Something alot of people can relate to. Also, the main couples are very cute together! <3

In-Soon Is Pretty - A woman who has lost all hope because of her past and tries to commit suicide but finds the strength from love of her family and friends to live again.

The list goes on.

Overrated:

There's been alot of dramas I've seen that I thought was SUPER overrated. I'll name the ones that comes to mind.

Full House - Like someone else said in this thread, Song Hye Gyo dramas are always overrated..Sorry.

You're Beautiful - Just horrible...

Dream High - I Initially thought this one would be good because of the singing scenes made it different.

Secret Garden - Unique with the body-switching-spell(?), though I wouldn't recommend anyone to watch it.

Goong - Don't even get me started with this drama.

OH!I almost forgot. I have to put this one here: BOYS OVER FLOWERS

most overrated drama:

-You're Beautiful: Oh my gosh -____________- I'm not hating on the actors, I'm hating on the characters that they played. They're really unbearable,especially Park Shin Hye's character.

-Secret Garden: At first when I heard what the story is about, I thought, hey that sounds funny and different. But after watching the first episode....I couldn't watch it anymore.

-Dream High:....I don't know how to explain it but I guess it's because it's a school to become to singer...plus I'm not really a Taekyeon fan or a T-ara fan>< And the overall storyline is pretty cheesy.

-Boys Over Flower: SO OVERRATED!!! And it become even more overrate with that other couple with Kim Bum and the main person's friend( I don't know what her name). Plus the series has been remade sooooooo many times.

i agree to all this :wacko: nway, the most underrated is The Man Who Can't Get Married! I'm so inlove w/ Ji Jin Hee here :wub: i never thought that he could act serious & funny at the same time. even Yoo Ah In was good here.

I don't think that there's really "underrated and overrated dramas" since our maturity and likes are different.

For e.g,i used to love "fairy tales" dramas like goong but not anymore.

I can watch but they won't have the same effect/rating like it used to.

When i was younger,i hated watching historical dramas but i now like watching them.

Since this thread is about underrating and overrating,well,might as well comment

overrating

Secret garden-it was ok but not that extraordinary

Underrating

Prosecutor princess and Cinderella sister - every dramas that moves me(makes me cry at some point) are considered real dramas for me

Guest biancacoolio

Overrated: Secret Garden.

Don't get it. The writing is weak and directionless. But it pretty much killed in the ratings department. dry.gif

underrated drama..

-slingshot/story of a man.. (park yong ha's last drama T__T)

it's a really good drama.. i really love kim kang woo n park yong ha bcoz of this drama.. their can potray their roles really well.. it's more about stocks n swindle ppl.. and kim kang woo's character is psycho.. the ending is one of the best endings ever..

Guest hpc1016

underrated

SBS Sign ~~

Loved this drama to death. Park Shin Yang was amazing. The drama is about forensics.. and .. wow it was good.It was one of the dramas that I would wait for all week. Kim ah Joong was pretty good, but Park Shin Yang :D I could not imagine a better actor that would fit the role of a cocky genius forensic scientist than him. He was amazing. Forgot the guy who played the director.. but he was extremely well played too.. Oh I'd though I'd mention. If you plan on watching this drama.. don't expect some romantic comedy. This is all forensics.. and death.. and solving how these people died. I don't think that this drama was underrated in korea since is got high ratings..I'm pretty sure it always beat out My Princess.. (btw.. that drama sucked... Song seung hun failed for me big time here.)Nonetheless, this drama is highly recommended.

Dream High... overatted.My first thoughts.. what in the world o.o. It was bad. Very Bad. Do not ever focus a drama all on idols.That is all.

Underrated

3dads 1 mum

Overrated dramas that i forget to list it in my previous post

49days - It's ok(towards boring) but not amazing.

My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho - I love You're Beautiful and My Girl but the first 2 and a half episodes are really boring. 2nd half of ep3 gets better. But the so called better is as good as the first episode of an average drama.

Dalja spring - I only watched 7 episodes and there is a really funny part in ep5. But that's the only interesting thing of that 7episodes.The only reason why i manage to finish 7episodes is because i bought the dvd(i don't want to waste my money).

Assorted Gems - I watch 39/50 episodes. I only remember laughing a BIT in ep13. Most of it is boring. By ep39 the only thing i'm interested in is Granny's love story.

Guest chickygirl

I can go into great details about my reasons but It'll take too long, so I'll just say little.

Underrated:

Hello, God. - I don't understand how people can pass up on this drama. It's so just great!

Smile, you - Something alot of people can relate to. Also, the main couples are very cute together! <3

In-Soon Is Pretty - A woman who has lost all hope because of her past and tries to commit suicide but finds the strength from love of her family and friends to live again.

The list goes on.

Overrated:

There's been alot of dramas I've seen that I thought was SUPER overrated. I'll name the ones that comes to mind.

Full House - Like someone else said in this thread, Song Hye Gyo dramas are always overrated..Sorry.

You're Beautiful - Just horrible...

Dream High - I Initially thought this one would be good because of the singing scenes made it different.

Secret Garden - Unique with the body-switching-spell(?), though I wouldn't recommend anyone to watch it.

Goong - Don't even get me started with this drama.

OH!I almost forgot. I have to put this one here: BOYS OVER FLOWERS

And Song Hye Gyo herself is overrated

Guest wlangfriendster

Overrated:

1. BOF -- mediocre acting, NEED I SAY MORE?
  2. Personal Taste -- promising premise but the story overall is pretty bland to me
  3. A Cinderella's Sister -- good first episodes and then they dragged too much and lost my interest and love even though I did like the performances from MGY, KGS and LMS.
  4. You Are Beautiful -- entertaining and cute, yes. life-changing? No.
  5. East of Eden -- EPITOME OF A MAKJANG DRAMA.
  6. Goong -- cute at first, and then it got painful until the end. : \

Underrated:

1. Over the Rainbow
  2. Snow Queen
  3. Smile You
  4. Coffee House
  5. Que Sera Sera
  6. 9 Ends 2 Outs
  7. Who are you?

Archived