Hyena

Life is Beautiful

Que sera sera

Overated:

BOF

Full House

Personal Taste

Shining Inheritance

As of recently, the most overrated dramas have GOT to be (at least on soompi)

2010-2011

49 days

Secret Garden

Lie to Me

In my opinion, none of them really had a full story and after the first half, none of them had a direction.

Underrated dramas - none recently because none of them dramas released are that good honestly. I feel like all dramas have worsened in quality and no one can come up with a good storyline. I can go over to the fanfix section on soompi and pick out at least 3-5 with a good storyline on the first page. Why are these kdrama writers so uncreative?

Guest Poh90

overrated

Secret Garden, BOF, Personel Taste, Goong, Full House

Underrated

Prosecutor Princess, Hello Miss, Sweet 18

Guest Elkah

Overrated: 

49 Days (I was totally disappointed with the ending. Just saying.)

Playful Kiss (It was like they really used all of it, 25 episodes and 5 Special episodes? or was it 7..)

Full House  (I watched it, only got through because of Rain.)

Underrated:

A Love to Kill (I really love that drama, it was sad but it had a working storyline and and the ending suited for it...)

My Girlfriend is a Gumiho (Don't really know if it's that underrated, but it isn't getting the attention it deserves. This is an awesome storyline and actors/actresses!)

Well, that's just my opinions.. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest recyclebin

overrated: My Girl. I slept while watching this series.

underrated:

Hello God! --- it gives a lot of life lessons

Who Are You? -- Yoon Kye Sang <3 why u underrated :(

Mr. Goodbye -- though the plot is common, this series has its charm

Green Rose

Guest nalmmes

I cant remember overrated dramas right now. But I think underrated dramas are:

Hong Gil Dong,

Who are you,

Fugitive.

Underrated :

Hello God. Made me cry so much.

Resurrection: Revenge, good looking guys, strong plot, what is NOT to like about this drama!?

The Devil: Great story line.

My Girlfriend is a Gumiho: HYSTERICAL and sweet.

Prosecutor Princess: Great on screen chemistry

and last but DEF. NOT LEAST...

SUNGKYUNGKWAN SCANDAL: OMG this drama was so comedic, had a great plot, music, and actors. I wished it was given more recognition.

Overrated:

Boys over flowers: Lee Min Ho was the only saving grace from this tragedy.

Full House: I just never got why people liked it? I didn't like the plot at all.

Guest vivaciousvixen

Overrated:

Lie To Me- It was great at first, but it started getting boring towards the end. It seemed as if it was moving along a flat line. I didn't feel the plot thicken.

BOF- As much as I hate to admit it (although I still consider it as the Kdrama closest to my heart), it's one of those typical teenybopper dramas

Cinderella's Sister- This drama dragged the hell out of me. I haven't seen a single episode without any of the characters crying or screaming hysterically (though I commend Moon Geun Young for her excellent acting).

You're Beautiful- I just see this as a so-so drama. Nothing spectacular. Definitely not as great as most people make it up to be.

Underrated:

My GF is a Gumiho- I agree with what the others said; it didn't get the credit that it deserved.

Overrated:

49 Days- the plot was ok but it got boring because of poor acting and forced love story line beween the leads...first and last episodes were good though. Just skip the middle parts.

BOF- Jandi was just overacting.

Lie To Me- good first half, second half was too cheesy.

Prosecutor Princess- the actress acted too cute and young for age.

Overrated:

BOF- I love it when people said it is overrated it was just really phenomenal..even if the storyline was just so simple a lot of people had watched and loved it..people says overrated because it is so popular it is from the viewers point of view that is why it is overrated..

CITY HUNTER- From my 9 years experienced of watching korean dramas this is the first time i saw a drama being advertised too much..a lot of pictures being released..the first time i saw a drama releasing an article about the lead actor and actress on how closed they are on and off cam like inciting a scandal when other kdramas usually avoids or denies closeness of their lead actor and actress..their being overrated is being from the press releases and not from the viewers..this is what we call HARD SELLING..

Guest Narda

Idk if I've posted here before but I'd like to share my list.

UNDERrated: 

Smile, You! (LMJ and JKH chemistry and acting is effortless. But i personally think that the last 5 episodes should've been stripped off)

I'll come back when I think of anymore. 

Overrated:

Full House; I couldn't get pass Rain's wardrobe.

Secret Garden: Doesn't keep my interest.

Personal Preference: I've had enough of those girl pretends to be guy but this one?...a straight pretending to be gay? Stopped at epi 4.

Guest vip_gd

'Who are you' is underrated

it's so funny and it makes you cringe haha

'Secret Garden' is so overrated

couldn't bear to watch it. the storyline isn't natural at all and also the lines.

ha ji won's fake deep voice annoys me

Guest vasou

Overrated

Full House - Dragged, plain story,Cliche, boring characters.

Boys Over Flowers - Story so boring (Cocky boy who treats sh@tty the girl, falls in love, him, and his friends,too. Reminds me something? Oh hell, yeah,YAB, etc etc )

Stairway to heaven - Terminal Sickness, childhood friends, eventually die. Not bad, but not that good either.

Playful Kiss - Terrible male lead actor. Having seen the TW version, couldn't help but compare.

Underrated

Capital Scandal - I couldn't believe that this drama is so underrated. Everything is great. Cinematography?Costumes?Music? Plot?Characters?Acting?

I love it. Plus, its the 1st Korean drama with romance but NO triangle.

9 ends 2 outs - Very down to earth relationships. Love the whole storyline, and the actors,too.

The Slingshot - Okay, this is maybe the best Korean drama ever. Great acting, directing, and superfantastic plot, developed in many layers.And NO predictable.

Worlds Within - Same as 9 ends 2 outs. Very down to earth. Relationships everyone can relate with.

ps: Although I m not a Song Hye Kyo fan, I don't think that she is overrated. I mean, if she was, Worlds within , where she starred with Binnie( :wub: ) , should be the best hit, and it wasn't. And the drama was good, and not some rubbish.

Overrated

49days

secret garden

i'm sorry , i love you

soulmate - It's good but not as amazing as everyone said. It is not considered underrated when everyone mentions about this show being 'underrated'.

Overrated -

My Princess: Kim Tae Hee and Song Seung Hun shouldn't be playing those roles. o_o

Dream High: I didn't see the hype in this drama. It totally threw me into boredom when I did try watching it.

City Hunter: I know a lot of people are only watching this because of Lee Minho. I don't see what's so exciting and amazing about this drama.

Overrated:

Boys Over Flowers - at the time, I was pretty addicted, but thinking back, it was way too hyped up and overrated, and I even ask myself why I even liked it.

Full House - The storyline got a bit repetitive: "oh, I'm leaving and I'm going to pack my bags" then "No, I won't let you, so I'm going to drag your luggage back" x 5

Underrated:

My Girlfriend is a Gumiho

Archived