Underrated/Overrated Dramas

Guest trulime

Guest SueAnne

resurrection/rebirth was the most underrated drama ever!

and i must say, i thought- no, i KNOW it's AMAZING!!

and i'm disappointed that fantasy couple isn't very popular.

i don't know about in korea, but in soompi, it's definitely underrated.

well anyways..that's my op.

oh and lovers in paris is highly overrated.

not very good.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shyaow

Overrated: GOONG, KIM SAM SOON

Underrated: HEAVEN's TREE - the best kdrama ive seen, sadly it's so underrated since it competes the timeslot of GOONG.. (no offense)...

Guest chemical9

18;29, Which star are you from? and Heaven's Tree were so underrated.

Overrated dramas would be:

My name is Kim Samsoon. Daniel Henney was the only reason why I watched the show. xD Actually Hyunbin and Jung Ryeowon are good actors, but I hate the lead actress, and the storyline sucks. Sorry, I'm not bashing. :P

My Girl

There's nothing good about the show except Lee Junki. Lol. I don't know why some girls enjoy it so much.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dstelma

UNDERATED- Without question, based on what little I have come across in the Soompi Forums, I would have to say SBS's Dear Heaven(Hanuelishiyuh). The drama got really good ratings too. Yeah it is 85 episodes, but worth everyone! Loved the performance by Han Hye Sook(Cha Gyoung's mother). She is my favorite female actress. Made me want to cry when she did and that is hard to do.

Guest changsta

4. Delightful Girl Chunhyang 쾌걸 춘향 - Han Chae Young, Jaehee, Uhm Tae Woong

UNDERRATED!! ^^^ love this drama

SWEET 18 >> very funny

Last Dance is with Me >>very cute

mnikss is wayy overrated.. not a great drama

winter sonata is wayyy overrated too.. borring

gong is kinda borring too.

full house is pretty funny i like it.

i love my girl too. i thought it was hilarious

Guest chharrllenne

Overrated:

Goong-It dragged and the acting wasnt all that great. (sorry)

Underrated:

I'm Sorry, I Love You

I don't think MNIKSS and FH are overrated. Even though they were most likely both seen because of Bi/DanielHenney/Hyunbin or whatever, the dramas werent horrible. I actually liked both of them. As long as each episode kept me wanting more, it was good enough. The acting was good, and both were funny! Who cares what's realistic or not, most dramas aren't.

Underrated:

1. Lovers in Paris- it did not become a big hit although its storyline is the REAL original!

2. Dae Jang Geum- it is really good.. but it did not gain the deserved fame.

3. JuMong- best legend storyline.. not appreciated by most of the people..

4. 18vs29- oh really.. it is really really B-E-T-T-E-R than Full House!

5. Winter Sonata- it is the best drama.. not known by the ratings..

OVERRATED: exaggerated!!!!!!!!!! worst but appreciated!!!!!

1. Full House- o makes my head ache when i always think of people supporting it. (very sorry) juz because its twist are yet expected

2. GOONG!!!- Full House i think is better than this.. i wont tell all of my emotions here... boring.. and its casts are way too young to do their role, they are only teenagers and they are doing roles supposed to be done by adults!!! hate it (sorry)

Guest Roxy Bathory

Overrated Drama (Aired in The Phillipines only):

1. Princess Hours -- Not So good story, just laced with Royal Exterior and the lead characters are soooo annoying. Yeah, Yoon Eun Hye might be a good

actress but the rest are not so convincing. I really hate the characterization of the lead characters too.... I really really hate Lee Shin

and Shin Chae Gyung. Chae Gyung's a john teshing retard and Lee Shin looks like a kool-aid.

2. My Girl -- While I haven't watched this series, I just really don't feel watching it.

3. Memories -- The story is good, I just really hate the role of women here that is depicted as weak and vulnerable.

of Bali

4. Princess Lulu -- I haven't watched the series, but I have been hearing about its crappy storyline and Lulu's a damn retard here.

Underrated.... Couldn't think of it so far

Guest cookiemonster1430262540

^^Why include the dramas you haven't seen yet on your overrated list? :unsure: People differ on their point of views why not watch first and then judge.

Guest Roxy Bathory

For all those who think GOONG is OVERRATED, I Agree! C'mon, everything is fabulous, nothing is substantial. I just dunno' why soooo many people here in the P.I. love that mini cooper so much. Just because of "Kilig" factor? Ridiculous.... And sorry for the fans of Goong in the PI for my comment like this. MY GIRL is second.

Underrated is JUMONG & JEWEL IN THE PALACE. Yes! Great...great...great story with superior inspirational value....plus powerful casting and having the storyline that is not misleading.... but not appreciated by people here in the PI. Why? Because network war in the PI affects the reputation of these shows. Second, Since people are rabid-natics of ABS-CBN (JUMONG and JEWEL btw is aired on GMA), the just bash the show without proper logic.... tagging them as "Baduy (tacky)", "Walang-kilig (no love moments that can tickle the audience)", and Boring (Since majority of Pinoys think about the Historical-Sociological Dramas are Boring).

Guest marz06

Underrated:

Goong S

The Vineyard Man

Surgeon Bong Dal Hee

I think the dramas above are really nice but the timing was not so good (like Goong S had to compete with Dal Ja's Spring and The Vineyard Man with Jumong)....

When it comes to ratings, well, I really don't believe in them because each of us have our own preference (not all people appreciate Surgeon Bong Dal Hee because it's a medical drama)

With regards to Goong being Overrated, I think it deserves to be overrated because it released a big budget...it deserves some recognition :sweatingbullets:

Guest tuna_madunna

Underrated:

1.) Super Rookie - this drama stands out because it only doesn't concentrate much on love but also in the real world.

Overrated:

1.) Stairway to Heaven - the story is just so IMPOSSIBLE!

2.) Goong - I'm sorry to all Goong lovers but I always fall asleep when watching this, I don't know why.

To add to my underrated list

2.) Heaven's Tree - The drama was like 10 ep but it was a good thing. No more draggy nonsense stuffs. Park Shin Hye and Lee Wan's acting was amazing.This is way better than Stairway to Heaven. Although if you think about the transplant whatever in the end, it was bearable, at least none had a cancer.

3.) Fantasy Couple - Totally watched this drama over and over again! It has the most common illness in k-dramas, amnesia, but at least they made good use of it. It was a new twist to the amnesia dramas. Everyone acted goofy and serious when its time to.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ovette

i think SNOW QUEEN was way underrated... but i wanna think it was because of the competition with Jumong...

Guest ngocphuongaus

From what I see, My name is Kim sam soon is overrated. I could not believe why the ratings were too high while I was so bored watching it.

some of you said Delight girl chunhyuang is underrated but my friend told me that it got very high ratings (some one said the ratings was 30+), so what u guys expect? 50%? Oh no, it is not that good.

Guest Ochibi

So far a lot of what I've watched have been dramas with a reasonable following, so I'm not sure what I'd put under 'underrated', but I agree with the people saying Full House for overrated 8D;

Whether I enjoyed it or not had nothing to do with this XD I enjoyed Full House, and it's obviously a lot of other people did too. Bi was really cute in it, and Song Hye Kyo beautiful as ever. But I just couldn't sense enough chemistry or sexual tension between the two leads O_o; I mean, those two won Best Couple, so they definitely looked good together at least, but I looked and couldn't find the chemistry.

And the big climax,

the kiss - just lip touching

! I was rather disappointed XD And the "twists" were pretty predictable; while it started off entertaining at least (if not the most unique plot ever), it started taking a dive in the end episodes. It became this "Bi & SHK fights, they run off to respective 'other parties', think of each other, come home, and make up with each other by cleaning the house" formula. ROFL.

Same with Goong. I have less to say about Goong, but I thought they could've used the beautiful sets more. The sets were the best thing about Goong - their clothes, the palace, everything XD They could've done so much more with it though, but it became the typical love triangle; Boy 1 hates Girl 1 and loves Girl 2, but starts falling in love with Girl 1, Boy 2 falls in love with Girl 1 too, blah blah. Except in a palace and the boy 1 is a Prince, not the usual rich hotel manager XD It started off great entertainment; it became love complication after another towards the end.

My opinion only though, not trying to pick a fight with anyone~

Overrated dramas currently none not yet. Underrated - Lovers in Paris. I really liked that drama, it was the drama that got me into watching korean dramas. I read on wikipedia that it was SBS's most successful show ever, they got a 51.8% ratings. I thought the main leads would have gotten way popular because of it and I don't see many people praising it like Goong or Full House.

Guest kay474

Underrated - PUNCH / Ddae Ryuh, starring Joo Jun Mo & Shih Minah, I'm just surprised no one has mentioned this one being underrated, it remains one of my favorite dramas! I guess a lot of people didn't get a chance to see it (missed it when it came out and there's no DVD version of it.... ... which I feel extremely sad 'coz I would rush to grab a copy if it ever comes out!) Seriously people, if you have a copy of it, upload it somewhere and spread the joy around!!!!! :D

I noticed there was a Punch thread around a couple of weeks ago, but all the MU links have exceeded their limit already~ shame shame~

Guest greeny

underrated:

Sangdoo Lets Go To School

overrated:

Goong

My Girl

STH (the acting was great, so the chemistry, but i think the story not too special.. :) )

Archived