Lee Ji Ah 이지아

liquidfir

i think this is the very first article that we'll be reading about Ji Ah where she graciously gave a short interview.

again, thanks to bb for this translated article :)

i'm his girlfriend? says who..?

original in korean: ilgan sports 2007/12/11, 14:14pm

translated into chinese: wonchun 俊心咏恒 loveyongjoon

translated into english: happiebb / bb's blog

EJA: I'm His Girlfriend? Says Who..?

ljanf9.jpg

There is a rumour in Korea recently that E Ji-ah (EJA) is the injured Bae Yong Joon's girlfriend. Regarding this, EJA has denied emphatically.

EJA had said these words when she was being interviewed by a Korean reporter in the morning of 11th. She said, "I've also heard this rumour. But I'm very surprised; my character is not at all gentle, how did such a rumour start? Looks like when I'm shooting my next work with the male actor, I've to be careful with my behaviour."

"Actually I'm rather afraid of senior Bae Yong Joon. To me, he is not easy to get close to. During the shooting, we did not eat together once. Maybe it's because we're acting in the same drama, and we also belong to the same agency, that's why there's such a rumour. Of course, to me, it's an honour."

Further, EJA denied talks that she was 'a rich man's daughter'. She said that although her father indeed has his own business, but he is not a rich man, and can only be considered as on the upper-middle class.

lja2rt7.jpg

bb also wrote the following in her blog ~

okay, on the side, there's another article on EJA on the same day. since it doesn't relate directly to wuri yong joon, i won't translate that.

but the gist of the article said that her fine acting in TWSSG won her high marks. with her fresh image, she had also secured CF deals for lotte confectionary Anytime, LG lifestyle beauty brand ISAKNOX and others.

the reporter also shared that she appeared to be rather shy facing the camera when they met at a hotel. EJA had said, "i'm still rather afraid of facing the camera presently." she also shared that she's kindda thin-skinned and compared to sujini, she's quieter. but the honest character, enjoying jokes and playing tricks on others are quite similar to the character she had played.

but... what i'm really curious about is... did she cut her hair? [liezle : i'm dying to know too. it seems that the 2 photos above are her latest photos]

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

er....... that photo on the news. IS SHE (still )WEARING A WIG!?!?!?!

or omg, she REALLY DID CUT HER HAIR?!?!?!

i think she tied her long strands of her hair up like she did in the drama. ^^

i wanna see what she is gonna wear during the mbc awards

I think she's cut her hair. It looks pretty short to me to be tied up.

Here is another two pictures ...

200712111530196711bz5.jpg

Can't wait for her next project.

200712111530196710hg1.jpg

A bit off topic: I'm taking Korean classes and my 선생님 has given me a korean name, guess what it is? ...yes yes it's 이지아. It was actually 이지영 first, but I asked the 선생님 to give me 이지아 instead. Just because I think her name isn't very common (right?).

Guest cindai83

i think it's the same wig she wear as sujini coz her hair style at the forehead is the same style as sujini. i hope she didn't cut her hair. i love her long silky and shiny hair. :)

Lee Ji Ah, "'The Legend' is a turning point in my life"

435_0.jpg

An 'instant star' unprecedented in the history of the Korean entertainment industry was born: actress Lee Ji Ah of the recent series "The Legend."

She instantly became the heroine in an epic drama series with a 60 billion won budget with no acting experience whatsoever. Positive reviews came out from around despite being amongst a cast of big names. With her bright image, she even was able to sign on to be the image models of various commercials.

Lee Ji Ah who was shy and not able to look straight into the camera said, "I am still afraid of the camera." Rather contrasting from her tomboy image that links arms with 'Yon-sama' without hesitation in the series.

"I am actually very shy among people. I'm not as valiant as Soojini. But I am similar to her in that I am straightforward and like to play. Poking the other person while starting a conversation and playing around in the drama is similar to my real self."

Lee Ji Ah gathered the spotlight as Soojini who devotes her loyalty and love to Damdeok (played by Bae Yong Joon). Born with the power of one of the four gods, she not only acted out the melo-dramatic scenes with intricate emotions mixed in, but also action scenes that are difficult for male actors. Thanks to that she became a star 'overnight.'

"I still can't feel it being real. All throughout the shoot I was traveling around different sets, and afterwards I've been busy with interviews and commercial shoots so I never had the chance to see or feel what the response is among the public. But my parents and other people around me have been telling me that they didn't know I would be able to accomplish such a thing."

She was born in Korea but went over to the U.S. in elementary school, later to enter the Pasadena Art Center College of Design. While attending, she went to the audition for "The Legend" being introduced by an acquaintance.

"I didn't exactly dream of being an actress since I was young. Of course I thought it was a very fascinating occupation. Being able to move people through the eyes and actions of an actor seemed truly fascinating to me."

After first being introduced to producer Kim Jong Hak, her casting was determined after 30 or so additional meetings. It was after script reading and other thorough tests.

"I was so happy I couldn't say anything to the people around me. I was afraid that the results would change later on. The position was much too greater than what I deserved but he said he liked my boldness and confidence."

After being cast, she immediately started training in vocalization, acting, character analysis, horseback riding, action, and everything else that is needed to be an actor from the start. She learned how to speak like a tomboy rather than her usual soft-spoken tone and even changed her walking posture.

"At first I was afraid of horses, but now I enjoy riding them. In the series, I was able to act out most of the scenes aside from the very dangerous ones. I even rode the horse myself in scenes where we are going full speed."

However, in the series, she appeared throughout with an image that is hard to tell if she is a boy or girl. She even put on darker makeup to hide her light skin tone. Some actresses may the situation find it rather disappointing.

"After I ate, the area around my mouth became white. Since I had dark makeup on, only the makeup around my mouth came off. But I liked the bright characteristic of Soojini."

There weren't even any true melo-dramatic scenes.

"Can you imagine Soojini kissing? I don't feel disappointed that there wasn't such a scene. There was a scene where Soojini puts armor on Damdeok before she leaves, but I think there was enough of the emotion expressed in that scene. The scene is one of my most memorable, too."

She even was exposed to the possibility of many injuries. Her legs were kicked by a horse she couldn't avoid.

"I was speaking to another actor and should have avoided the horse when it came towards me, but I couldn't. My left shin that was hit was swollen. I could have been hurt greatly."

To her, there is another hurdle she must overcome other than injuries and acting. Co-star Bae Yong Joon. It must not have been easy to act opposite one of Asia's greatest star.

"I lacked in many ways. I did not have enough experience. On the other hand, Bae Yong Joon took care of many subtle things despite his status as a top star. I really felt his professionalism. He taught me many things about acting as well."

She also said the cold weather was one of the hardest things while filming. Additionally, "As this was my first time acting, I got confused within myself after hearing the many advices from senior actors. I regret not being able to absorb everything faster."

Choosing Cate Blanchett as her favorite actress because of her deep and wide acting spectrum, Lee Ji Ah says, "'The Legend' is a turning point in my life. I was able to learn many great things from great senior actors."

Source:Broasia.com

Just thought of shoving this article here. Posted by kdramafanusa in twssg thread :)

The Korea Times 12-12-2007 19:06

E Ji-ah Surges as New Inspiring Actress

By Kwon Mee-yoo

Staff Reporter

071212_p16_E.jpg

E Ji-ah

E Ji-ah, a rising star from the recently ended drama "Taewangsasingi (The Four Guardian Gods of the King),'' finally revealed more about herself in an interview.

In the fantasy epic drama, E performed various characters. For the first few episodes dealing with the mythical era, E played Saeo, the female warrior who shoots an arrow at the Fire Guardian and later becomes Dark Jujak due to the loss of her baby. In the time of King Gwanggaeto of the Goguryeo Kingdom (37 B.C.-A.D. 668), E was Sujini, a tomboy who falls in love with Damdeok, the protagonist played by Bae Yong-joon.

E still does not fully realize that she is one of the top rookies of the year. "I don't feel like I am a star at all. I realize that I am an actress when people give me acting advice through Internet boards,'' E said, in an interview with Hankook Ilbo.

Before starring in "Taewangsasingi,'' E was an ordinary student at Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. "I am an introspective person and it was not easy to assimilate with Sujini's tomboyish nature,'' said E. She is currently taking a temporary leave of absence from school.

E praised the actors and director who worked together for the soap opera, "I was encouraged by energetic actors like Choi Min-su.'' She also spoke highly about her partner and hallyu star, Bae, saying "Bae cares about every little thing when shooting. He is really nice to all actors and staff. Bae is a perfect man.''

As a rising star in the entertainment industry, there is a rush of projects coming for E. The actress wants to play diverse characters. "I don't know what my next work will be, but I will do my best in any project,'' E said.

Meanwhile, Bae Yong-joon donated 320 million won to Taean, South Chungcheong Province, which is suffering from an oil spill. Bae hurt his finger, shoulder and knees while shooting the drama and was recently discharged from hospital. He is now waiting for surgery.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/speci.../178_15466.html

and here are some new photos of Ji Ah

YONHAP NEWS

[12/11/2007]

PYH2007121105670099000_P2.jpg

PYH2007121105690099000_P2.jpg

PYH2007121105660099000_P2.jpg

PYH2007121105720099000_P2.jpg

PYH2007121105620099000_P2.jpg

Guest mymyjane2

i think it's the same wig she wear as sujini coz her hair style at the forehead is the same style as sujini. i hope she didn't cut her hair. i love her long silky and shiny hair. :)

there are two things in my sleepy head

1.)she re-used her sujiny wig

2.) she did cut here hair (sujinys hair style)

hmmm... im kindda convince that she didnt cut her hair

but if she really did number 2.....???????? :mellow: no comment

Guest Alethia

She's such a sweetie & I think she looks great in short hair :wub:

I seem to be having some trouble with her site tho.. when I click on the various shards of glasses, her photos will appear in the background, but I can't find any options for entry or other links. Is it still incomplete or am I abit of a handicap when it comes to being net saavy? :ph34r:

god some oof those pics are SO not flattering...please better lighting.

im dying to know how shell be dressed at the award ceremonies. >_< i wonder if shes going to wear that ring with a designer dress ahah she never seems to take it off.

I kind of like Ji ah in short hair too~ looks cute that way :D ahh wth I think she's pretty either way! I doubt she really cut her hair though~

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but BOF has already opened up their official site for ji ah ^^ check it out

http://www.bofkorea.com/ejiah

edit: oops nvm lol XD didn't notice the url on the first page

Hey! So refreshing to see an actress in real life wearing our typical day-to-day clothes for a shoot! (unless it's cheorographed intentionally for the shoot? :unsure: )

She looks so feminine but could still pull off that hip hop-esque/r&b dressing - not too sure what type of dressing it's called! ^^

I hardly see K actresses in anything else than glam clothes!

I REALLY like her beanie... gosh. Sooo makes me wanna get one for next winter! LOL

Guest jess_gallen

Gosh, she is so pretty. The new site of Ji Ah is cool, but in koean, so I can't understand anymore :tears:

Hope they will translate it in english

Guest s k y .

Personally, I'm loving her in The Legend. :) I know, I'm slow.

I just never had the chance to watch it until now. I was upset

that she started weathering a short haircut for SuJin's image,

but oh well. :D Anywhoos! I'm actually watching The Legend

for Lee JiAh. Her character livens the otherwise somber plot

of The Legend. I think she is doing a fantastic job. ;)

Archived