Jdramas

monicaaaa

recommendations =)
I watched hana kimi and is currently watching gokusen, i just wanna ask if you guys recommend any good japanese dramas :)

edit: Thanks guys for suggesting all these dramas, especially those of you are were a bit more detailed with the brief summarizations and such. i can't wait to look these up :D

I watched hana kimi and is currently watching gokusen, i just wanna ask if you guys recommend any good japanese dramas :)

Hana yori dango is good. The ratings were high for it too. Seems like you're watching a lot of Shun dramas, so you'll probably enjoy it. My boss my hero is pretty funny too. 24 hr emergency ward is good too. There's 3 seasons. Third season has Shun. I also liked Itsumo Futari de with matsu takako. She was good in love generation.

Big Wing is not bad too. But I guess these are older dramas. Ice world is another must see if you like mystery. But subs are only up to ep 5 I think.

Ichi Rittoru no Namida

15-year-old Ikeuchi Aya was an ordinary girl, the daughter of a family who works at a tofu shop, and a soon-to-be high schooler. However, lately, strange things have been happening to Aya. She has been falling down often and has been walking funny. Her mother, Shioka, takes Aya to see the doctor, and he tells Shioka that Aya has spinocerebellar degeneration - a terrible disease where the brain gradually deteriorates to the point where the victim cannot walk, speak, write, or eat. However it does not affect the mind. How will Aya react when told about her disease? And how will Aya live from now on?

This beautifully moving drama is based on the real-life struggles of a 15-year-old girl named Aya who suffered from an incurable disease, but lived life to the fullest until her death at 25. The script is based on the diary Aya kept writing until she could no longer hold a pen. The book that later followed entitled “One Litre of Tears" has sold over 1.1 million copies in Japan alone.

Aya's only wish was “to live." By carefully depicting Aya's earnest desire to live, and the love of her family, friends, and lover, the drama, “One Litre of Tears" wishes to deliver her simple but strong message: “Just being alive is such a lovely and wonderful thing." ---Fuji TV

[ Click my SIG to watch it ]

Guest rokky123

hana yori dango

Stand up!

Kimi wa petto

Tata hitotsu no koi

Nobuta wo produce

Proposal daisuken

Kurosagi

1 littre of tears

Boku dake no Madonna

Densha otoka (Oguri shun is there too ,but not much though)

my boss my hero (is funny)

sapuri ( Kame :wub: )

Ive seen so many ,i cant even remember the names =(

Guest choong jae

i recommend bambino w/ matsumoto jun (which i watched recently). at 1st i watched it b/c he won best actor for this drama. i enjoyed it. it was really funny to watch the great Domyoji suffer and apologize. matsumoto apologizes a lot in this drama, which is funny since he would just straight out punch people instead of saying sorry.

Nobuta Wo Produce - my fav. It's pretty deep... i was so addicted that i followed it when it aired/sub get released. It digs into society's view about popularity. it's a high school drama.. kinda funny and cheesy at times. but i love it.

Liar Game (watching it now.. it's so good) - swindler kicks butt.

Hana Yori Dango - i haven't seen the second one yet. It's one of those cliche but gives you a good feeling drama.

Kurosagi - swindler kicks butt.

Nodame Cantabile - weird and anime like but it's touching

1 Litre of Tears - sad but good

Anego (ok not many ppl liked this. I liked it though (could be biased because Jin's in it.. but i didn't know who he was before i watched it)) - a single busy body office worker gets her lovelife into a mess. it's one of those older woman/younger man dramas....

My boss My Hero -hilarious.. high school drama. a mobster tries graduate high school

hm.. the whole bad teachers reform students aren't my thing but I watched a couple of them (including gokusen)

GTO - my first jdrama. i thought it was good then i kept seeing a bunch of this type of drama.

Gokusen II (Jin + Kame ... i need to finish this just for fangirling sake)

Dragon Zakura - actually it's my fav one out of this bunch. It's not as cheesy as the others.

So Many! I stopped watching dramas for a year after getting tired of kdramas. But I rediscovered how jdramas never bore you even with the most cliched (sp?) themes.

current dramas: jotei

Past:

Iryu

HYD 1 & 2

My Boss, My Hero

Nodame Cantabile

Gokusen

Waterboys

Kekkon Dekinai Otoko

Trick

At home Dad

Nobuta Wo Produce

Last Christmas (nice love story)

Love Revolution

Love Generation

Hero

Haikei, Chichiue-sama

Kisarazu Cat's Eye

H2~Kimi to itahibi

Pride

Major Tear-jerkers:

Watashitachi no Kyookasho

14 Sai no Haha

A million Stars falling from the sky (cannot miss this one!)

Guest Piscesgrl389

i recently watched Nodame Cantabile and i loved it cant wait for the 2nd season.. or 2nd part lol

also i love lair game its such an addicting drama. Orange days great drama about friendship and love

hmmm what else 1 litre of tears no doubt. Kurosagi, HYD 1 + 2 and i personally like Jotei as well.

Archived