Jeon Ji Hyun 전지현 - Upcoming Drama : Polaris

hongchae1

:-h omg! i only asked for one sighting, and now we have tons! It's more than I could wish for! really, when it rains, it pours! yey! Ji Hyun is looking fabulous as always! I love how classy she looks in anything that she wears. Even in her simplest casual look, she still manages to look elegant! and that baby picture of hers... just melts my heart! so cute! :x I also noticed that she really likes children (from past to present pics), the way she holds their hands and gives them hugs and kisses. I know she will be a good mother someday.  :)

Hong Kong media reported that Jun Ji Hyun and actor Tony Leung would play the lead roles in the movie "Ferryman" by the famous director Wong Kar Wai.
The movie will start shooting in September with the casts: Tony Leung, Jun Ji Hyun, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Tang Wei, Wu Xiubo, etc.
The storyline of "Ferryman" is about an affair between a girl (Jun Ji Hyun) and a married artist (Tony Leung)  in Changchun.

rbDLOlT.jpg
P/s: I don't know why HK media said this movie will start shooting in September because JJH also said that she would shoot "Assassination" in August/September, lol. Maybe the schedule for Assassination was be changed. Anyway, Wong Kar Wai and the casts are very famous in Asia. So I really expect it :)
-------------------------------------------------
@hongchae1 Hada Labo is a skin care brand that was created in Japan by Rohto Mentholatum Company ^^

:-h Wong Kar-wai is one of Asia's gifted and talented directors/screenwriters. His body of work is very impressive (worked w/ hollywood stars as well), so i wouldn't be surprised of the expectation that critics and fans alike will give this movie. I'm wishing that this will give Ji Hyun the opportunity to showcase her vast acting chops, and hopefully, we will get to see her walk the red carpet of Cannes again. maybe with a Prix d'interpretation feminine on her hands.  :-bd I'm also hoping that the Assissination movie will still push thru. The last I heard was it's being helmed by Director Choi Dong-Hoon, the same director of The Thieves. And we all know how big a movie was that. ;) 

"Ferryman" casts: Tony Leung, Jun Ji Hyun, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Tang Wei, Wu Xiubo, etc.

if this true, I prefer JJH pair with Takeshi instead lol....

The storyline of "Ferryman" is about an affair between a girl (Jun Ji Hyun) and a married artist (Tony Leung)  in Changchun. OMG is that mean JJH will have kiss scene&bed scene with Male lead??

:-h read somewhere that Wong Kar-wai and company are still "in talks" and waiting for Jun Ji Hyun's decision on the project. Since, the shoot might coincide w/ Assassination shoot, supposedly late this year, scheduling might be a big problem. I guess we just have to wait for final announcement from her management. To be honest, i'm not ready to see Ji Hyun in a bed scene, but if the script requires for it, and if done artistically and presented in a decent way, there's no reason for me to not go see the movie. :D

with regards to the Water issue, I think Ji Hyun and her agency are thinking of terminating the commercial contract, but are still in talks for a peaceful negotiation that will benefit both sides. Read this comment and I agree:
"You have to realize that netizens don't represent the entire Korean public." :-bd

Jun Ji Hyun to star in movie with Tony Leung?Jun Ji Hyun has purportedly been offered a role in director Wong Kar-wai’s new movie, along with Tony Leung
09DD177DE385C6C6DCA198A8.jpg

Rumour has it that famed Hong Kong director Wong Kar-wai has plans to invite Korean actress Jun Ji Hyun to join the production of his new movie, The Ferryman, co-starring Hong Kong actor Tony Leung.
The Ferryman depicts the story of a girl, Ah Yu, who is in a one-sided love with a married man, Ma Li. However, Ma Li is unable to get over his cheating ex-wife, and Ah Yu has no choice in the end but to give him her blessings and leave. If she accepts the role, Ji Hyun will act as Ah Yu, while Tony will play Ma Li.
An insider revealed that both parties are inclined towards a collaboration, but as Ji Hyun has already accepted a role in South Korean director Choi Dong Hoon’s new movie, Assassin, there are worries that their schedules will clash.
Well-known actors such as Takeshi Kaneshiro, Tang Wei and Wu Xiubo are purportedly also participating in this star-studded blockbuster.
When contacted by the media over the phone, the spokesperson for Kar-wai’s production company, Jet Tones Pte Ltd,  expressed: “Boss Wong Kar-wai is indeed going to start filming [an adaptation of] Zhang Jiajia’s novel, The Ferryman, in the later half of the year, but [we] will reveal the complete cast only when everything is confirmed. At the present stage, we will not speculate on which artistes we will be inviting for a collaboration. All I can say is that all the actors we are liaising with are prominent ones.”
Additionally, rumour has it that the movie has a sky-high budget of RMB$1.5 billion (approximately S$30 million), and Kar-wai’s directorial fee costs a hefty RMB$20 million (approximately S$4 million). Tony’s salary stands at RMB$35 million (approximately S$7 million), while Ji Hyun, Takeshi, Tang Wei and Xiubo’s salaries are expected to be around RMB$10 million (approximately S$2 million) each.
The author of the original story, Zhang Jiajia, revealed during a recent interview that he had once discussed suitable roles for Tony with Kar-wai, and eventually tweaked a few things to accommodate the actor.
As for Kar-wai being famously slow with his work, Jiajia expressed that he is not worried about the amount of time that it will take to film the movie, for he is in accordance with many of the director’s views, and believes that it won’t take long for the movie to hit the cinemas.
xinmsn

JJH will continue with the mineral water CF... Her agency made the official statement. However, I'm a bit confused by it because it was quite wordy. I felt like I was reading a contract. There weren't many netizen comments yet. Maybe from shock and like me trying to understand the official statement. (Or mourning the elimination of South Korea in World Cup). Some things that I kind of picked up...again apologizing and next time to be more careful, no political intent by her or the water company, her CFs in China were only meant to be shown in the mainland. The part that I got confused was about worldwide advertising. Probably this was the compromise...any CFs with her image is not to be distributed worldwide. 
As for Wong Kar Wai's "Ferryman", her agency said that she is too busy getting ready to film Choi Dong Hoon's "Assassination" to look at any other projects. Then again this was the same line her agency gave when asked about Assassination while she was filming Stars. From what I read in film blogs, Wong Kar Wai is not planning to film until 2015.

If you want to read about the official statement by JJH's agency in English you could read it at Soompi. If your curious about the netizens' reactions, Netizenbuzz has posted it. I won't bore you with the hate. It was expected. 
Please be aware that the hateful comments probably doesn't reflect the general SK public. 

• If you look at the number of up votes for the hateful comments in Netizenbuzz, they only number in the 1000-2000 range. Compare that to the elimination of SK in World Cup which was in the 18,000-24,000 range.
  • After the initial angry response to the controversy and before JJH & KSH announced their decision, articles and netizens were commenting that the controversy was blown out of proportion by the media and ignorant netizens who were all of a sudden bandwagon Patriots. Also, it seems the public is split on the controversyNate conducted a poll, Kim Soo Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun Changbai Mountain Water Ad Debate, with 17,900 participants (14/06/25).
    56% (9993 votes) said that they should give up on the advertisement. Northeast Project was symbolic, and it was their social responsibility.
    43% (7712 votes) said that the actors were receiving excessive criticism. Northeast Project is fairly irrelevant.
    Thank god, she already has another project in the works. Really, how long can they hate on a woman who looks like her and can act. 

Jun Ji Hyun also to go through with Chinese water CF

Friday, June 27, 2014  jun ji hyun 20140527_1401192906_88426000_1_99_201406
Article: Jun Ji Hyun reps, "We will be going through with the Chinese water CF as planned... We hope there won't be misunderstandings" (official statement)
Source: TV Report via Naver
Most comments from k-netizens

1. [+2,924, -117] What are we misunderstanding??? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Both her and Kim Soo Hyun keep asking us not to misunderstand ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+2,602, -111] Takes only a moment for an image to be ruined

3. [+2,612, -167] Knew it all along. They never intended to terminate their contracts. Enjoy your lives in China. 

4. [+1,856, -83] The queen of 15 seconds, on TV from morning to night, all day...

5. [+1,621, -67] Hul.....?

6. [+684, -33] So both Jun Ji Hyun and Kim Soo Hyun were media playing...

7. [+645, -32] We won't misunderstand so bye bye, jai jian

8. [+593, -18] Goodbye.. oh wait, they're Chinese actors now so I guess I should be saying jai jian. Jai jian~

9. [+499, -18] Knew it all along!!

10. [+478, -23] Kim Soo Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun are in way too many CFs daily. I have to change the channel each time. Can't even stand their voices.

2014627151147x57kim_T5_84393_99_20140627
2014627315767q4kim_T5_84413_99_201406271

Article: Kim Soo Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun's Chinese water CF... "I only love you"

Source:
 Dispatch via Naver

1. [+2,671, -207] Both of you go live in China

2. [+2,288, -154] Chun Ji Hyun + Saeng (Water) Soo Hyun ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+2,032, -92] So filming's already over... Filmed first, released statements after

4. [+1,729, -132] A poor choice made by them, why ㅜ

5. [+604, -35] "The two promoted the brand by saying they only drink water from Jangbaeksan. 'When we drink, make tea, or steam rice, I only use this water.'" ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I have no words

6. [+605, -42] From Donghae to Jangbaeksan~~~~~~ Money's amazing, ain't it?

7. [+567, -48] Did they have to star in a CF equivalent to Japan calling Dokdo theirs... As a fan since his Dream High days, I'm so disappointed. 

8. [+520, -30] From their facial expressions to everything else, it disgusts me... Especially Jun Ji Hyun. She never released any articles on it because she was scared of getting hate. Shouldn't have picked anything up without checking just because you're blinded by the money.

Source: http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/06/jun-ji-hyun-also-to-go-through-with.html
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************Despite of the negativity of this issue..I still believe that JJH has a reasons to go with the contract..same with Kim Soo Hyun. We don't what is it but I still believe on them..I'm hoping that this issue will be over soon since JJH will start shooting her new movie 'Assassination' this August.  Fighting unnie!!  \m/