Clubbox Tutorial + FAQs

Guest happyroach

Guest happyroach
Downloads, Sign-Ups, Uploads, etc.
5.3.08 Wow, more than a year since I last updated this tutorial. I'm sure Clubbox has made a bunch of changes over this period of hiatus, so I apologize for some of the material presented here, they might seem quite obsolete. Most of everything should still work the same way, though. The basic concepts do not change. Some of the biggest changes I must note: - gold status is no longer permanent. You need to maintain a certain amount of files and a certain amount of download at all times to prevent your box from being demoted. - a lot of Macs can run Windows now, so Clubbox is no longer PC-exclusive. 5.20.07 Okay, sorry, no update still >:o too busy lately. I guess I should stop making empty promises :/ so expect an update...later ;p Although... there won't be Vista shots! Because VISTA SUCKS richard simmons. Rolled back to XP and totally happy. 3.4.07 Sorry no real updates yet. But I've come across this question way too many times, so I will just answer it upfront: The pink kiddy font I use in my screenshots is called SDKwangSoo B, but DO NOT PM ME FOR THE FONT. 2.28.07 Okay, so I haven't been back for a while, but I am! Expect some kind of update soon haha. Yes, I know, updates are LONG overdue, but sorry, life happened! Anyway, before I do any other testing/screenshooting/etc, just wanted to let you guys know up front (this might have been mentioned in the back but I don't know): CLUBBOX WORKS ON VISTA!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I got a new laptop (it's so sexy) and I am currently running Clubbox smoothly on here with Vista. Future screenshots will have Vista themes.
  • DO NOT PM ME ABOUT CLUBBOX.
  • PLEASE READ THROUGH ALL THE SECTIONS, ESPECIALLY THE FAQS, BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION THAT'S BEEN ASKED AND ANSWERED THOUSANDS OF TIMES.
  • IF YOU ASK A QUESTION BUT DON'T GET AN ANSWER, READ THE FAQS AGAIN.
  • IF YOU SIMPLY WANT SOMETHING TRANSLATED, DO IT IN THE KOREAN HELP THREAD, NOT HERE.
  • DO NOT QUOTE MY PICTURES

Sections already covered: 1. Downloads 2. Signing up 3. Creating your own box 4. Mileage redemption & quick-downloads 5. Uploading 6. Organizing your favorite CBs list 7. Saving your queue list (by sylver) 8. Box points + obtaining gold box 9. Box preferences 10. Download capacities (how fast you can download) ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Topic I: Downloading 1. Make sure you're working with Internet Explorer. As much as I'd prefer to use Firefox, unfortunately, Clubbox only works with IE (and a few other IE-based browsers). 2. In your IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites > Sites > Add "https://clubbox.co.kr" > OK. 3. Install this: http://www.clubbox.co.kr/neo.fld/ClubboxSetup.exe 4. If you're at a certain Clubbox (http://clubbox.co.kr/blahblah), read on. If you only see a 1/4 screen window with a file link, skip to Step 6. 5. You see a list of files like the screencap I made below. Check the one(s) you want, and press the light blue button dl1.gif 6. You see a new window pop up. Press the big white button on the bottom. dl2.gif 7. You will now see this window below. Technically it should disappear within a second and start your Clubbox program, but sometimes the server gets busy and it doesn't respond. dl3.gif What you should do if the window gets stubborn and doesn't go away: Press Alt + left arrow, then Alt + right arrow. Your Clubbox download manager should pop up now. 8. And it looks like this (most of everything is in English, so you shouldn't have problems maneuvering around): dl4.gif After your file starts downloading, the progress bar should move and show your download speed. CB regular downloads are capped at 55kb/s. There's a thing called download coupons which allows you to do certain amounts of quick downloads (+500kb/s). To obtain such coupons, you first need a Clubbox ID (sign-ups are in the next section). 9. Preferences. Go to the Config. tab and adjust for yourself. The tab is in English, so you shouldn't have any problems.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest happyroach

Topic II: Signing Up - Getting Your Own Account

The main benefit of having a Clubbox account is so you can download from protected Clubboxes (those that only allow members to download). To join boxes, skip to the bottom of this post.

1. Go here: http://client.clubbox.co.kr:8002/capp/join_abroad.cgi

2. Click this: b_ok.gif

3. Fill out the form.

signup1.gif

If somehow you can't get to the next step (you get some internal service error, etc), refresh the page or go back and try again

4. Check where it says "회원번호를 확인하였습니다." and click this b_complete.gif

5. You should be brought back to Clubbox's homepage. Sign in with your ID+PW and you're set.

6. No, you don't have to fill in real information. Also, uncheck all the mailing options boxes if you don't want Clubbox/PDbox to email you.

Guest kiss the rain.

I have a problem with clubbox. =/

for the past week or so, I haven't been able to log in to my clubbox account and download won't start when i'm not logged in either... =/

everytime i try to log in this error occurs:

"Error occurred while transferring log-in information from the server. [code L009]

Please log-in again after 5 secs."

(but when i try to log in again, the same error pops up... =/)

can anyone help me??? thanks

Guest hamiki

Thanks for the Clubbox Tutorial and Info! ^_^

It's really great and useful!

I just have a question though,

does anyone know the site address for finding files on Clubboxes. It's a search engine that can search through a couple of different programs and clubbox is one of them. you can type in the file you're looking for and it lists them out... anyone know the url for it?

Guest happyroach

I have a problem with clubbox. =/

for the past week or so, I haven't been able to log in to my clubbox account and download won't start when i'm not logged in either... =/

everytime i try to log in this error occurs:

"Error occurred while transferring log-in information from the server. [code L009]

Please log-in again after 5 secs."

(but when i try to log in again, the same error pops up... =/)

can anyone help me??? thanks

Try not to log in through Clubbox itself. Try logging into Clubbox websites and then get the downloads. That way your program gets automatically logged in.

That's the only solution I can think of. The other is just to wait. Clubbox likes to spazz out from time to time.

I just have a question though,

does anyone know the site address for finding files on Clubboxes. It's a search engine that can search through a couple of different programs and clubbox is one of them. you can type in the file you're looking for and it lists them out... anyone know the url for it?

See topic post.

erk, i know this was answered before but i've forgetten, what do you do if it gets stuck on 99%? ._. thanks! happy.gif

Try to pause the file and start it again. Or try to pause the file, download another file first. That solved my problem.

Guest happyroach

Topic #4: Redeeming Your Quick-Download Coupons

This is only available to people who signed up with CB and has an ID.

For every hour you leave your CB open, you get 10 mileage points. Once you reach 1000 points, you can qualify for a quick-download coupon

1. In your Clubbox window, go to the Mileage tab

mileage1.gif

2. You should be brought to a page displaying the available coupons you can "purchase" with your points. Choose whichever you feel like (and whichever you can afford). Do mind that the coupons expire in a certain period of time:

mileage2.gif

2GB: 5 days

5GB: 10 days

10GB: 15 days

30GB: 20 days

100GB: 60 days

300GB: 90 days

If you use up the n gigs before the n days pass, your coupon will expire early. If you don't use up your coupon, it'll still expire in n days

3. Confirmations: click OK

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topic #5: Using Your Coupon

1. Click c_downquick.gif instead of c_downfree.gif to queue a file to quick-download.

2. New window pops up:

mileage3.gif

3. Your box would look something like this:

mileage4.gif

Download speeds vary depending on your internet connection and file popularity. I have Comcast Cable in Northern California and my highest quick-download speeds are around 500k/s. I tried it on campus (UCB library) and got speeds around 1000k/s. People in Korea are known to get speeds around 5000k/s. So it really depends.

Word of advice:

If your normal download speed does not exceed 50k/s, don't use quick-download coupons. It's not gonna make things any faster. Read the FAQs to see why.

Guest mintoro

cb1.JPG

I tried to buy the coupon

something pop up and i forgot what is it

i just ignore it...

now im using the quick downlaod but the speed is even slower

Guest happyroach

^It really depends. Most of my quick-downlooads are actually quick, but I encounter the same problem once in a while.

Actually I think it'd be best to not use those coupons today or at least wait till Clubbox is completely fixed. A lot of people have been complaining about difficulting downloading in general, so I think Clubbox is still in a spazzing phase.

Guest sukixgurl

anybody know what codec i need to boost up the volume for movies i download from clubbox, cuz everytime i dl a movie from any clubbox the volume is always so low.

thanks

i have a problem and i don't know what's wrong.. if it's my computer or just the clubbox program...

when i go to d/l mvs, shows and stuff... i d/l it correctly like you showed up there... but once it pops up... about 3 seconds later.. it closes the program... it happens three days already and i dunno what to do... today i jus made an account... and i've used clubbox without an account for like a year already or more... and nothing's wrong... but ever since monday or tuesday i think.. it like completely close down on me.. you get what i mean? i'm just wondering if you know what's wrong and how can i fix it... oh, and i even tried removing clubbox out of my computer and d/l the setup again.. but it still shut down on me. and no, the computer doesn't restart or shut down... jus the program.. do you know what's wrong and how i can fix it?

thanx!

- Cathy

Guest tunauniverse

Hey, I'm trying to download "Ruler of your Own World" from Clubbox.

I went to www.findclubbox.com and searched for it.

I get this when I try to download it though.

screen_001.jpg

What is the problem?

Archived