Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

C I R C L E . L E N S Official Thread

Comments

• dazzlinErmsdazzlinErms USAPosts: 2New Member
    So, Im still kind off a soompi noob. I actually joined soompi because of this thread!
    It keeps me updated in all things circle lens related. I've been stalking it for a pretty long time now. :)
    Especially when i bought my first pair! i looked at this thread for some help.
    And reading it today, i just found out about the news report. Like many post i've read, i am pretty upset myself that these articles are out there; especially refering circle lens to a lady gaga hype. Not cool. Circle lens do not compare to her digitalized eyes; in my opinion. I just want to say that i support all you circle lens wearers out there! =D i will definetly keep on buying circle lenses <3
  • VivioonesVivioones Posts: 147Member
    edited July 2010
    Hi i was wondering if any one tried these brown lenses:
    http://pinkyparadise.com/webshaper/pcm/pictures/123/natural-brown.jpg

i was browsing through pinkyparadise and notice them. They weren't there before so i'm guessing they're new. Anyway, i was wondering if anyone have tried them before and wouldn't mind doing a review =]. thanks.
  • DutchJointDutchJoint Posts: 201Banned
    Circle lenses are creepy and unattractive.
    melkimxyellow_munky
  • MausoleumMausoleum Posts: 170Member
    So I'm a circle lens noob who has a few questions. I wear contacts for cosmetic reasons but I just have regular old optometrist prescribed ones (I don't have eyesight problems, they're not corrective :3)

So, you can only buy them online if you're from North America right? I should see my optometrist and talk to them about it I guess, anything outstanding I need to know or should ask when I go? I'm just wondering how different these are from normal contacts.
  • flowoftimeflowoftime MiamiPosts: 883Member
    Mausoleum wrote on 07 July 2010 - 11:11 PM:

So I'm a circle lens noob who has a few questions. I wear contacts for cosmetic reasons but I just have regular old optometrist prescribed ones (I don't have eyesight problems, they're not corrective :3)

So, you can only buy them online if you're from North America right? I should see my optometrist and talk to them about it I guess, anything outstanding I need to know or should ask when I go? I'm just wondering how different these are from normal contacts.

Actually you can buy them online if you live anywhere most of the time. Most websites will ship to any country. Some reputable sites are Honeycolor , Pinkyparadise, Tokioshine and kiwiberry1-collection :) I honestly don't know if going to your optometrist is a good idea at the moment with all the negative publicity circle lenses have been getting lately, her advice to you might be a bit biased because of that. You care for circle lenses the same as any other contact lenses. They are made from the same material so you just treat them like your prescribed ones. The only difference is that circle lenses typically only come in one base curve which is 8.6mm and have a much larger diameter of color than regular lenses. The lenses itself is typically no larger, but the color printed on it will take more of the clear space. So just remember to handle them properly, make sure you see whether the circle lense you buy are yearly or 3-month disposable. Never wear them for more than 10 hours, to sleep, or to shower(And have clean hands whenever you touch them of course) So that's basically all there is to it :)
  • PrinceKaiPrinceKai Posts: 1New Member
    Hey everyone!

I have a quick question.

What is the largest size circle lens and where can i buy a pair? I just ordered a 14.8 set of GEOs but its not the GIANT alien-esque look im going for.

please and thank you!

-Kai
  • MausoleumMausoleum Posts: 170Member
    ^^ I meant that if you live in North America, the only place you can buy them is online xD I think I phrased it incorrectly.

Ah, OK, so it's really not all that different. Thanks for telling me :3 they do seem to have an awful lot of negative publicity these days...
  • JennifaJennifa New YorkPosts: 215Member
    I just ordered GEO Honey Wing. I was wondering the people who have used them, are they natural looking and do they enlarge your eyes not to the point that it's creepy? I would like to see pictures of you wearing these lenses too. Thank you
    Jennifa wrote on 07 July 2010 - 11:54 PM:

I just ordered GEO Honey Wing. I was wondering the people who have used them, are they natural looking and do they enlarge your eyes not to the point that it's creepy? I would like to see pictures of you wearing these lenses too. Thank you

Yes they are very natural looking because they don't have thick black outer ring like angel lenses, the color is much less contrasted so it looks like a subtle brown. They do have some enlargement, they are 14.2 which is the standard diameter for most circle lenses but in my opinion they are not so large that it looks unnatural. You can see plenty of pictures here http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh11/soompicirclelens/Geo/Geo%20Wings%20Honey/

Mausoleum wrote on 07 July 2010 - 11:53 PM:

^^ I meant that if you live in North America, the only place you can buy them is online xD I think I phrased it incorrectly.
    Ah, OK, so it's really not all that different. Thanks for telling me :3 they do seem to have an awful lot of negative publicity these days...

Well I have only heard of them being sold in asian neighborhoods like korea town and such :P But I have yet to see them being sold in the same places as regular lenses because most circle lenses are not approved by the FDA but are approved by the Korean FDA thus why they are commonly sold in Korea and other parts of Asia.I truly hope that editors and journalist get their facts straight and will give out better,more accurate information about circle lenses.
  • 13akachibi13akachibi Posts: 131Member
    edited July 2010
    sunni-ku wrote on 08 July 2010 - 01:08 AM:

Image246-1.jpg[img]http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/sunni-ku/Image245-1.jpg sorry for posting alot ;_; ignore dark circles im on the 3am-3pm sleep sched haha =_= would grey or brown be better for me? & anyone know some good, legit sellers? thank youu
    do you mean, like, -0.00 prescription kind of thing?

edit:
    OMGAH
    http://www.tokioshine.com/product_p/cts-104.htm
    legitimate?? would be $25 total (w/shipping) |: |: if so then JACKPOT woohoo :D:D

Yuup, tokioshine is legit. I love that site!
    And I think gray would look so cool on you. :D
    PrinceKai wrote on 07 July 2010 - 11:51 PM:

Hey everyone!
    I have a quick question.
    What is the largest size circle lens and where can i buy a pair? I just ordered a 14.8 set of GEOs but its not the GIANT alien-esque look im going for.

please and thank you!

-Kai

GEO CK-105 Ultra is probably the biggest circle lense I know of. They are 15.0 .
  • BatgirlBatgirl The Oracle San Jose, CAPosts: 2,634Friend of Soompi
    edited July 2010
    sunni-ku wrote on 07 July 2010 - 06:08 PM:

legitimate?? would be $25 total (w/shipping) |: |: if so then JACKPOT woohoo :D:D

You should be able to find it cheaper than that. If you do a batch you can probably even find someone selling it for dirt cheap because Geo is a relatively inexpensive brand.

The only difference between circle lens and colored contacts you can purchase in the U.S. (with valid prescription) is practically nothing.

8.6 is the avg base curve. Its the avg base curve over there and over here. Optometrists will sell you 8.6 here in the U.S. when you buy colored contacts 9 out of 10 times. I know this from experience with my optometrist.
    Only diff is korea/japan has AWESOME range of colors and design. And some can be larger in diameter.
    lovesbride
  • luluvioletluluviolet Posts: 49Member
    ^^ what Batgirl said, thanks for posting in big fonts maybe the journalists reading the thread will actually finally get it.

MizValeer you did great explaining everything so well. They still had to twist it at the end and that Gaga bit at the beginning!

My husband e-mailed me an article about this yesterday - it's being picked up by every news site now. I was kinda freaked that he'd find me on the thread lol so won't be posting here any more.
  • SophisticateSophisticate Posts: 794Member

ROOKIE

This is me in Geo Angel Brown, natural sunlight, indoors.

I did not alter it at all (I did not change the lightning, edit the contrast, etc), as you can see with my lovely pores and pimples.

78.jpg
    loveeet.jpg
    >> PROJECT 365 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    heb5889
  • oriental_blossomoriental_blossom lianna Junsu's pocket <33Posts: 669Member
    Hello everyone, it's my first time posting here (just recently found this thread! lol)
    I need help with something, does anyone know which lenses these girls are wearing?

9d3f85d28f9836225e8f8831427b7cbd_large.png

c20954395ce6dc7cfc4b46ae59dfa9a4_large.jpg

Thanks in advance!
    チャンミン_ジュンス_ジェジュン_ユチョン_ユンホ
    Ongoing : X Semi-Hiatus : O Hiatus : X
  • simpli_mesimpli_me Big Bang is V.I.P <3 =)Posts: 825Member
    so how comfortable are EOS lenses in comparison to GEOs?
    i really want to purchase a pair of EOS's =_)
  • anhoiiianhoiii Posts: 69Member
    simpli_me wrote on 08 July 2010 - 09:06 AM:

so how comfortable are EOS lenses in comparison to GEOs?
    i really want to purchase a pair of EOS's =_)

I think EOS is the most comfortable brand out there.

Have u guys ever order from this site Kimi Unique Fashion? Please give me some input. I contacted them couple times about my order but no reply or anything. I'm getting worried :sweatingbullets:
  • anhoiiianhoiii Posts: 69Member
    edited July 2010
    oriental_blossom wrote on 08 July 2010 - 08:32 AM:

Hello everyone, it's my first time posting here (just recently found this thread! lol)
    I need help with something, does anyone know which lenses these girls are wearing?

Thanks in advance!

I think the girl on the right is wearing something similar to EOS max pure brown, and the one on the left is wearing Honey Wings. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • lynanalynana Posts: 213Member

ROOKIE

jooniek wrote on 08 July 2010 - 02:29 AM:

looks similar to the j203 adult grays

OOooh I so hope you're right about it! I never saw a review of the new Adult series, anybody has one? or know where I can find a review with pictures!! Any color!
    ...I love you... masaka ne sonna koto ienai...
  • jjiwonx3jjiwonx3 USAPosts: 256Member
    edited July 2010
    anhoiii wrote on 08 July 2010 - 09:17 AM:

I think EOS is the most comfortable brand out there.

Have u guys ever order from this site Kimi Unique Fashion? Please give me some input. I contacted them couple times about my order but no reply or anything. I'm getting worried :sweatingbullets:

yeah i'm currently waiting for my package >< this is my second time buying from that website. the owner is really nice & doesn't seem like she would scam or anything. but i heard she is in like different state or different country right now.. so i guess it's kind of hard for her to keep track of the orders. i would email her LOTS & LOTS of times.. OH & if you leave a message like "i sent you an email" on her chatbox, she usually replies back within few hours :)