Rig Pics

boka

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the specs look great and great choice for your case ;)

If you reverse the hard drives so the connectors are facing the back panel, it would look a lot cleaner.

dang, I kinda want to upgrade my case to something like a v2000 for the 12 HD bays :(

Damn, wonder why I didn't think of that. I'm not sure I can fit that many cables through the other side, but it would have def been worthwhile to try. Too late now because there is no way I'm going to redo all that again.

^

^

nice... that's a massive case, i'm surprised those sata cables can reach... you should get a slim keyboard to emphasize the size of your tower and monitors :lol:

'swat you get for having so many HDDs :lol:

i managed to cut down to just the one samsung 1TB HDD (i originally used a hitachi 1TB but it became an external/backup because it took a while to power on during boot)

I had to purchase seperate 3ft sata cables. The regular ones that came with the mb would not reach.

Does your Hitachi drop and reconnect occassionally? (meaning from the operating system). My external Hitachi 1tb does it occasionally and it sucks. I had bought two originally, but the other one just kept doing it right from the start and sometimes would just lock up so I returned it. Unfortunately, the one I have now did not show these symptoms until well after my return period. I might have to rma to manufacturer.

holy crap how many gb of storage do u need/have?! lol xD

wats temp inside ur case w/ all the hard drives :mellow:

I used to have data all over the place on different drives and it was just a complete mess in terms of organization. So, I just decided to create one large raid volume which I can store everything on while at the same time getting protection from single disk failure. I was originally going to get all 1tb drives, but the price difference was huge compared to 750gb so I went with the 750gb instead. Besides, compensating with an additional drive (as opposed to if I had went with the 1tb) also adds some performance as well; although this is a minor perk for what I'm using the drives for. The external drives are all primarily for backup. I backup everything I have on internal drives to external.

Case temps range from 33-38. Not too bad.

---------------------------------

When the new Nvidia cards come out, I am planning to go SLI. This will be my first time going SLI. Being the noob I am, I did not realize for dual card SLI that the second graphics card has to go in the 3rd pcie slot. This produces a major problem because now I had to put my raid controller in the second pcie slot and the sata cables coming out from it completely block the path of the sli bridge. I did some googling and it seems there are flexible sli bridges but I cannot seem to find any reputable retailer that carries them. Anyone know where I can purchase one of these? I did find them on eBay and some "never heard of" retailers but I would like to avoid these if possible. Apparently, some Asus motherboards come with one so if anyone is willing to sell them?? :)

Yeah, Asus usually provides a flexible SLi bridge with their mobos. Haha, you're in luck (I think?), because I just happen to have a spare one!

...problem is, I'm in Australia & it just seems a lil' bit crazy to pay postage for such a small item.

Actually...I have no idea. I just assumed there is a minimum fee for a certain weight and under. Hmm, is it actually alright to post it in a letter?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest eminemjamesuk

Latest reincarnation...

desk003js3.th.jpg

Overall desk shot

desk007ab4.th.jpg

The evergrowing iPod stash (16GB touch, 2GB "U2" nano, 1GB 1G nano, 4G 20GB iPod "classic" with iHome H5)

desk009gm5.th.jpg

The Herman Miller throne :)

desk010tl6.th.jpg

The guts: Lenovo F20 "Cokebook" and the mess of wires

My latest Rig (Still Virgin A.K.A = Stock Clock)

Sorry if the picture too big :)

Q6600

8800GTS G92 512mb 2.0

780i

2X500GB HD

2X2 DDR2 Patriot

Thermaltake Armor Series full tower

28" HannsG

Klipsch Speaker

750Watts PSU

900 Watts UPS

Canon MP610 (Not in the pix)

Wacom Bamboo Black (Not in the pix)

IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3262.jpg

IMG_3248.jpg

^Not my room btw (3rd picture) I was installing windows in my friends room since my monitor still hasn't arrived at that time

IMG_3241.jpg

all parts (minus monitor, Printer and wacom)

My latest Rig (Still Virgin A.K.A = Stock Clock)

Sorry if the picture too big :)

Q6600

8800GTS G92 512mb 2.0

780i

2X500GB HD

2X2 DDR2 Patriot

Thermaltake Armor Series full tower

28" HannsG

Klipsch Speaker

750Watts PSU

900 Watts UPS

Canon MP610 (Not in the pix)

Wacom Bamboo Black (Not in the pix)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/ahb...er/IMG_3259.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/ahb...er/IMG_3262.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/ahb...er/IMG_3248.jpg

^Not my room btw (3rd picture) I was installing windows in my friends room since my monitor still hasn't arrived at that time

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/ahb...er/IMG_3241.jpg

all parts (minus monitor, Printer and wacom)

oh dude nice. i want a 28" too :( whats the res on the monitor? 1920x1200? are your hdds in raid? hows that working out for ya?

oh dude nice. i want a 28" too :( whats the res on the monitor? 1920x1200? are your hdds in raid? hows that working out for ya?

its 1920 (unfortunately) I wish it is higher. But nevertheless its still pretty nice :D (plus the monitor is "only" $499 + free shipping at newegg when I bough it)

No I didn't Raid the HD since I need a big space, was thinking of raiding it at one point, but i decided to just let it be Master + Slave.

The other option that I had in mind when I was building this comp was, Put one 10K or 15K rpm HD for OS and software, and one 7.2k as Storage, but the 500GB price just too hard to ignore :) so in the end i got the 2x500gb :P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tepper

Yawnnnn, where are all the nerds at? I wanna see some new rigs.

I'll post an update to my rig within the next couple weeks. I'm going to be doing some cutting and wire channeling, and I added some lights too ~bling~

Guest Tepper

mmm

45nm mainstream quads come out soon, supposedly.

and ya.. not much else.

nvidia's 9 series is slowly oozing forward.

Guest Tepper

Hah, too bad its just like two GTS's in SLI, so if you already have a nVidia sli board, it's probably cheaper to just buy two GTS's (g92).

For shame nvidia, for shame. Make something new for real next time.

Hah, too bad its just like two GTS's in SLI, so if you already have a nVidia sli board, it's probably cheaper to just buy two GTS's (g92).

For shame nvidia, for shame. Make something new for real next time.

But its good for us Intel X38 based boards with no "official" support for sli B)

Guest Tepper

finished my mods up today guys, ill post the pics asap, mind you they aren't gunna look overly pretty, since im running it in the guest room of my mom's house instead of my workstation.

Guest Tepper

Just for starters( for those too lazy to go back like 3 pages on this topic), here's how it looked around Xmas:

compyupdate2.jpg

Not bad at all....

But then... shazaaam!

Here's the first batch:

DSC_7464.jpg

DSC_7461.jpg

DSC_7458.jpg

DSC_7459.jpg

I added two strips of flexible LED's (white) one in the back corner near the PCI Slots in an L-shape, the other on the cieling of the case forming an L around the PSU pointing downward. Other new mods are, many new holes in my mobno tray to hide all those pesky wires and my new ghetto mod to the 8800GT's S1, used one of those elastice neclace things for like name tags at expos and tied it to hold the 120mm SS on the cooler. Oh ya, painted the backside black too, but that was just overkill.. I think the paint fumes were getting to me so I just kept spraying. Looks nice, but ya, just a black backside.

Archived