Rig Pics

boka

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest effudee
If it was close to perfect I would've jumped right in, instead of going for something with one pcie slot haha. Not too big of a fan of SLI'ing anything anyway, dedicated cards on the other hand... Maybe I'll experiment.

Prelim GT speculation has held up though, in real world use and benches. Noise could get a little annoying depending on what you're used to previously.

which GT did u get? any of the fancy ko or ssc stuff? how is it treating you so far? i got x1900xt and i wanna upgrade, but i don't think the 8800gt will last long. dunno what to do.

Guest res0nate
which GT did u get? any of the fancy ko or ssc stuff? how is it treating you so far? i got x1900xt and i wanna upgrade, but i don't think the 8800gt will last long. dunno what to do.

oc'd the evga sc card.

I'm on a 22" so I didn't really need something that'll play 19x10 res and I don't care much for Crysis which is something everyone is whining about when it comes to the new GPUs. I'm not sold on the new AMD cards, dx10.1 and all. I use a 46" occasionally, but for media purposes, no games.

Bang for buck, GT is where it's at. Too much speculation going around in re: to the new GTS that's being released in 2 weeks. Not sure if it'll beat out the GTX either, so if it does a marginal gain over the GT for another $100, I'm not going to jump right into that. It doesn't help that the rumoured 1GB version is going to be around the 450+ mark. It sounds great compared to the previous GTX / Ultra prices but... if I owned the GB model, I'd want it to last more than a year; got to have some sort of "future proofing," which is almost a fools dream when it comes to GPUs.

You could always sell your XT, pick up an evga card then step up. Between now and January / Feb, you only have to worry about the new GTS and the high end AMD card.

edit - I've got no complaints, $250 well spent. I'm just waiting to pick up an aftermarket cooler.

Guest ErikkuSan

anyone hear about the game crysis?

well my friend who has a 8800gtx(fairly good comp) can barely play the crysis demo at MEDIUM settings O_O! and he sed theres HIGH settings and VERY HIGH settings... hahhaha anyone planning to build/upgrade their comp... simply just for that game? lol

man... probably need like quad core + sli 8800's hahahha

well my friend who has a 8800gtx(fairly good comp) can barely play the crysis demo at MEDIUM settings O_O! and he sed theres HIGH settings and VERY HIGH settings... hahhaha anyone planning to build/upgrade their comp... simply just for that game? lol

Not even a 8800ultra SLI Setup with Quad core will let you play crysis at very high/ High res @ a smooth 50-60fps :tears: Software is ahead of hardware liek the Quake 3 days :mellow:

Not even a 8800ultra SLI Setup with Quad core will let you play crysis at very high/ High res @ a smooth 50-60fps :tears: Software is ahead of hardware liek the Quake 3 days :mellow:

Guest res0nate

They're benchmarking a demo, no one can say if you can or cannot get playable results from the full release until it's out using xx settings & res. Gaming on a 19x with various settings will obviously differ greatly compared to someone using 12x.

Crysis is one of those games where everyone wants to show off their systems, it isn't something you can go out and buy a top of the line gpu and expect it to run great out of the box. It's almost like prepping yourself for something that'll be released in another two years.

Crysis is one of those games where everyone wants to show off their systems, it isn't something you can go out and buy a top of the line gpu and expect it to run great out of the box. It's almost like prepping yourself for something that'll be released in another two years.

huh...... :huh:

Guest effudee
oc'd the evga sc card.

I'm on a 22" so I didn't really need something that'll play 19x10 res and I don't care much for Crysis which is something everyone is whining about when it comes to the new GPUs. I'm not sold on the new AMD cards, dx10.1 and all. I use a 46" occasionally, but for media purposes, no games.

Bang for buck, GT is where it's at. Too much speculation going around in re: to the new GTS that's being released in 2 weeks. Not sure if it'll beat out the GTX either, so if it does a marginal gain over the GT for another $100, I'm not going to jump right into that. It doesn't help that the rumoured 1GB version is going to be around the 450+ mark. It sounds great compared to the previous GTX / Ultra prices but... if I owned the GB model, I'd want it to last more than a year; got to have some sort of "future proofing," which is almost a fools dream when it comes to GPUs.

You could always sell your XT, pick up an evga card then step up. Between now and January / Feb, you only have to worry about the new GTS and the high end AMD card.

edit - I've got no complaints, $250 well spent. I'm just waiting to pick up an aftermarket cooler.

cool, thanks for the info. too bad prices went up due to the hype. i guess i'll just wait a couple weeks until the new ati and gts revision comes out and see how it goes.

Archived