Rig Pics

boka

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

curious, whats a good 24" to 30" LCD monitor to get? im mostly worried about input lag (not the other response time) since i do game... anyone have suggestions? probably planning to upgrade ~6months down the road..

looks like i'm gonna be burning the midnight candle tonight :D

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9264/soompivj5.jpg

whoa, are those yours? :blink: how much did the 2x 9800GX2s cost? :crazy:

Guest tommy96814

$1200 not including tax and shipping. the very next day they ran a special 30 dollar rebates doh!

oh yeah. psu came in today finally.

dsc02207yc1gi2.jpg

Guest tommy96814

probably 30 at 1920x1200

need to install the game again though. major upgrade had to reactivate windows too.

Guest Tepper

seriously, that game is so ridiculous, I wonder if anybody has even like.. enjoyed the game to the fullest or they just toil away endlessly trying to get decent frames at the highest settings.

How did the devs manage to get playable frames at all... yeeesh GPUs like 3 years down the road leaked to crytek or something?

Guest tommy96814

maybe they have higher end cards not available to consumers much like the SOLID STATE DRIVE that just not too long ago finally available to consumers.

seriously, that game is so ridiculous, I wonder if anybody has even like.. enjoyed the game to the fullest or they just toil away endlessly trying to get decent frames at the highest settings.

How did the devs manage to get playable frames at all... yeeesh GPUs like 3 years down the road leaked to crytek or something?

Yeah seriously. I just bought a single 9800gx2 and the game is barely playable on 25x16 with no AA (~20fps avg). The card rocks for every other game at 25x16 though.. so worth it.

On another note, I also just built 2 of the following to use for ESX servers.

q6600

8gb ram

1 x 160gb for ESX

4 x 160gb raid 10

Good stuff...

I only bought 1 9800gx2 =(

Dot1q - You see teh MSRP pricing for the QX9770 :blink::blink: 1499.99 LOL !!! OUCHIEEEE

Thats disgusting, especially considering real world performance difference between this and the qx9650 is going to be negligible. I'm glad I followed your advice to just get the qx9650 instead of waiting for this thing.

Thats disgusting, especially considering real world performance difference between this and the qx9650 is going to be negligible. I'm glad I followed your advice to just get the qx9650 instead of waiting for this thing.

on top of that Nehalem is right around the corner i can almost taste it!!! :wacko::wacko::wacko:

not to mention it is higher than 1499.99 it is also a socket 771 cpu.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819115044

QX9770 is = LGA775 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=2399

QX9775 is = LGA771

Same specs, except you can go dualie procs and SLI with the QX9775 (Based off a intel chipset board) <-- setup will cost you about 4000.00 for just the CPU's+Mobo alone.. on top of that FB-DIMM OUCHIEEEE!!!!

Guest tommy96814

keeping the thread going!

thought one of the cards were DOA but it is the case's fault :D

quad sli working now.

dsc02280il4.jpg

dsc02282jd7.jpg

dsc02284um7.jpg

dsc02286hd1.jpg

dsc02293it0.jpg

I like the way the gx2 are designed they suck air from the pci slots and blow out from the side the fan also suck and blow from the bottom to top so i supposed it wont affect the temp of the other components as much as the other cards. thing thing is since the card is square my case's pci slot holder wont clip on so i had to remove it completely or else the cards wont even boot. I can have it all the way in but it wont boot if it is not straight, very picky.

Archived