Slim Samsung Yp-p2

x_shirley

Converting 265,000 is approximately $285(that the store is selling). It could be more or less since prices vary a little bit when compared to Korea's price and online stores, like Amazon, could sell them cheaper.

So, when comparing to Circuit City's 4 GB price. Assuming that that's the MSRP, then the 8 GB could be around $250 online.

Circuit City link: http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Samsung-4GB...roductDetail.do I don't think the price is official yet on there site and could change once other online stores have them.

Btw, I think the release date, you can see below the prices from that SamsungMall site, that it'll be on 9/21; but that'll be in Korea. My Korean isn't 100% fluent, but I know the dates on the top are for some kind of event.

Still no word of a release date in the states. All I know is that it'll be released by the end of the month. Only Circuit City has this player listed.

I like that commercial on the website.

EDIT: I've found a good review of this player so far, at least she describes it. It's in Korean, but have subtitles as well.

http://www.2inja.com/zboard/view.php?id=re...c=asc&no=34

OR

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to bump this thread with some new info I found. Amazon is taking pre-orders right now.

4 GB (black): http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Piano-Black-...0712&sr=8-3

8 GB (black): http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Portable-int...0712&sr=8-1

It seems like my price prediction about the 8 GB is right. $250 and it could be cheaper from other sites with coupons. So, it is probably going to come out later this week. We will just see.

Thanks for the links DK!

Definitely getting excited for the release of the P2 now.

Can't wait to pre-order the White version once they put it up :3

Edit-

I've noticed a lot of the P2 advertisement pages linked from Yepp now say September 27 instead of September 21, under the price tag.

So maybe the release date has been pushed back to next Thursday, instead of this Friday.

wow! it looks so nice!

and nice features and all. Good price too.

I will get this over the new i pod too. i was actually wondering when a new samsung mp3 would come out.

DKYang, i was wondering if i could get your input on this mp3 player and would you buy it?

Before I start with my input, I'm not comparing anything with iPods, like why it's better and etc! Also, this isn't a great alternative to the iPod Touch, you apple brainwashed zombies!

I think it's going to be a great player. The biggest problem I have with this player is it's capacity. I wish Samsung could have made a 16 GB player or allowed expansion memory for the 8 GB. That would have sealed the deal with a lot of people when deciding what to buy. Especially when compared to the Creative Zen, since it has that ability. The touch screen could be a little iffy with people, but I adapt easily and like the idea on a portable player. I haven't played with the player myself, so I don't have on hand experience with it. This is all based on the videos and reviews I've seen. Also, it's a great looking player, much better looking than the plain old Apple design. Samsung players have great sound quality, and mix that with great headphones, you get a good experience. There's nothing much to say about this player right now because I don't have one with me. Although I wish they hurry up and release it!

Yes, I'm going to buy this player once it becomes widely available in the states. Some sites like Buy.com have some coupons that'll work on this, so I'm just going to be waiting. Some sites, mostly in the European online stores, have this player available in mid October. I don't think that's the case for America, but I wouldn't know since Samsung doesn't like releasing exact dates!

Btw, I wander how my friends will react to this player. Since they aren't tech savvy and think iPods are the best in the world!

Guest res0nate

We played with the Samsung YP-P2 all-touch-screen digital audio player at their IFA booth. The machine feels good: light, sleek and slim. But when it comes to the touchy-touchy action, don't expect an experience like the one you get with the iPhone UI (or the rumored iPod Touch for that matter.) In a word: crude.

The flash-based user interface in the YP-P2 is an evolution of Samsung's previous generation multimedia players. It looks polished, but you quickly discover that the touchscreen implementation doesn't seem slick enough, always requiring you to push buttons to get it to do stuff. Moving from image to image, for example, is not gesture based: you have to hit a tiny button on either side of the screen to keep on moving.

Archived