Slim Samsung Yp-p2

x_shirley

is that the back of the p2? or is it some other device?

do you guys know if there will be like a fm transmitter for this?

That would actually be one of the accessories for the P2.

It's the bluetooth speaker you can buy if you want to listen to your music out loud :)

And there's also no need for an FM Transmitter because it's already built into the P2, so you can listen to your favorite radio stations whenever you want.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We played with the Samsung YP-P2 all-touch-screen digital audio player at their IFA booth. The machine feels good: light, sleek and slim. But when it comes to the touchy-touchy action, don't expect an experience like the one you get with the iPhone UI (or the rumored iPod Touch for that matter.) In a word: crude.

The flash-based user interface in the YP-P2 is an evolution of Samsung's previous generation multimedia players. It looks polished, but you quickly discover that the touchscreen implementation doesn't seem slick enough, always requiring you to push buttons to get it to do stuff. Moving from image to image, for example, is not gesture based: you have to hit a tiny button on either side of the screen to keep on moving.

You do know that they reviewed it at IFA, right? Products change when announced till it's actually released. I don't trust their review until they actually got the officially released product.

If there's one thing Yepp is good at, it's definitly advertising, especially advertising the P2!

Here are 2 pages that has absolutely gorgeous pictures of the P2 and its features, along with showing us what the bluetooth headphones and the crystal case look if you haven't seen it yet.

http://univ.yepp.co.kr/club.service.bbs.re...ssage_id=111671

http://univ.yepp.co.kr/club.service.bbs.re...ssage_id=111612

I love how the P2 actually has a strap slot at the top, so that allows for even more customization with cute charms and such that you could attach to it :lol:

Guest res0nate

You do know that they reviewed it at IFA, right? Products change when announced till it's actually released. I don't trust their review until they actually got the officially released product.

Yeah I know, I just wanted to put it out there. If the finished prod doesn't change to much from the initial 'review,' well... I wasn't too excited about the whole thing anyway.

What I meant was like, will there be a device to have the songs play through your car stereo. Like a iTrip for the iPod, will they have something like that for the P2?

There are plenty of FM transmitters for the MP3 players in general. A good one I know is from Griffin Technology.

omg.. i want this so bad.. im going to ask my brother this!!!there is a 2gb.. it says it write here..http://univ.yepp.co.kr/public_nas/club/img...review/YP-P2_15[20070920115150].jpg

That link doesn't work.

My mistake. It seems to exist in Korea only as of now. No announcement or news of a 2 GB being released elsewhere. We just have to wait for it to be released.

i'm gonna guess $150 since the 4gb is $199 and the 8gb is between $250-$289

The 8 GB is $250 online. The retail is $280 according to Amazon. Which all sounds about right. The 2 GB, if released in states, is also going to be $150 just by looking at the pattern.

Here's an unboxing review. The person is using a 10 MP camera phone. :o to us outsiders....

http://www.yjzone.net/showthread.php?t=1655

The person said Samsung might release a firmware update with games, so that's something to look out for.

Here's another detail review and new specs because of the firmware upgrade.

http://www.noteforum.co.kr/news/index.htm?...=0&is_num=6

Guest ilovetrees

Omofo. Thats HOT !

I prefer Samsung Mp3's these days

I should have gotten a Samsung phone as well =/

Well. It's got cool features and 8GIGS, that can do

better then my 4GIGS. Man i've cut down a lot

I use to live on 20gigs ? Gosh I forgot how much

there is in a iPod Video @__@

I was looking at the site you posted, and I thought the headphones were gonna be wireless. Or do we have to buy them seperately?

The P2 comes with a standard set of headphones.

Bluetooth headphones are sold seperately.

I was looking at the site you posted, and I thought the headphones were gonna be wireless. Or do we have to buy them seperately?

People who got the players early for testing or whatever reason got some accessories with it also. That's why you see a lot of Korean review sites showing pictures of them along with the player.

Hm. I`m in Shanghai at the moment and I went into a shop, where they showed me the latest shipment of stuff. And the p2 was out, and I obviously asked for the 8gb version. And then the STUPID saleslady kept insisting there was no such thing. But I asked for the price of the 2gb version, and she said 1882RMB. So I don't know. whether to wait for the thing to release in either Shanghai or Sydney with the 8gb version, or just go get the 2gb version. I think it's too expensive really, but ..I really want it.

Still no word on when it's being released in the U.S. but hopefully this site update means that it's coming soon?

It's most likely going to be available around mid October or earlier. This is based on a European site, play.com, that has a set release date.

I wish Samsung announced a release date for worldwide, not just to Korea. <_<

Guest orange momo

It better be released here soon or I am going ot have to ebay it and buy it there. I am completely sold on this player I want the white one O.O

Archived