[upcoming] [drama Japan 2007] Iryu 2

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest 三日のモリっ&#

omgahh IRYUU was one of the best dramas i've ever watched!

it's simply touching! they made technical things very interesting

whenever they start playing the bg music "aesthetic" during the dramatic parts

i always feel like crying

haha

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jade_frost

Karte 6: Another Brilliant Surgeon ...

Little by little, patients who have heard of a brilliant surgeon called Asada Ryutaro in Hokuyou hospital flock there to rely on his skills. However there hasn't been any progress in the formation of Asada's team. Surgeon Toyama Seiji, as usual feels a sense of rivalry towards Asada. He presses Asada to include him as a member for the new heart surgery that will be conducted on this day. However, Asada says that there is something that Toyama critically lacks as a surgeon, and won't allow him to be a member.

At that moment, Ijyuuin is told by Nomura Hirohito that Toyama is the son of a reputed professor in one of the universities. His siblings are lecturers in that university and he is the youngest son in a family of outstanding doctors. Nomura speculates that that is why Toyama feels frustrated about his current situation. Ijyuuin also agrees with this opinion. Ijyuuin is preparing for Freshman's Live, an event that is a stepping stone for cardiac surgeons, the next day.

Asada learns from Fujiyoshi that Kodaka Nanami won't join the surgery. Fujiyoshi says that Kodaka's participation in Ogata Miu's surgery a few days ago was due to Kataoka Kazumi's persuasion.

Hokuyou's medical department staff hurry to the observation room when the time for Asada's surgery approaches. As Toyama sees them off with cold eyes, an emergency call comes in from an ambulance that is transporting a patient. Shozo, the husband of Godai Akiyo, the patient being taken to the hospital, also requests that Asada perform her surgery. The attending medical staff is about to tell him that Asada has entered the operating theatre and turn him away. Toyama snatches the telephone receiver and replies that Asada is in.

Toyama ushers Akiyo in. Evidently, Toyama is about to undertake the surgery of Akiyo himself.

Asada and Toyama start performing the surgeries at the same time. A nurse tells Asada, who has finished his surgery, of Toyama's surgery. Asada and Ijyuuin hurry to the ICU but there they find Shozo laughing in relief and Toyama proud that he had finished the surgery quickly.

At Meishin university hospital, Noguchi looks very pleased with the successive successful living donor liver transplantations done by Kitou Shoko's team. In response to this, he proceeds with further preparations for the heart transplant accreditation.

Kataoka Kazumi advances the destruction of Hokuyou. She turns down director, Zenda Hideki's submitted request for trivial electrical system repair expenses, and instead prioritises the introduction of expensive medical testing equipment for the establishment of checkups for the wealthy.

The medical department staff and nurses see Toyama in a different light after he finished the surgery faster than Asada and Toyama grows arrogant. Akiyo, who has regained consciousness, thanks a confident Toyama.

That night, heavy rain begins to fall as a typhoon draws near. Hokuyou's doctors start to prepare to stay over. Kodaka sets out alone in the torrential rain. Arase Monji stands before her blocking her way. He persuades Kodaka to join Asada's team. Kodaka sets off without accepting. Arase ...

The wind and rain gain in strength. Amidst this, Akiyo's condition turns abnormal. A nurse tells Toyama that Akiyo's heart has stopped. At that moment, the hospital has a power outage with the fierce lightning storm.

When Asada and Fujiyoshi learn that one of the power generators in the hospital's east wing isn't working, they instruct the nurses to transport the critically ill patients from that wing. They also help with the movement.

On the other hand, Ijyuuin is already started giving Akiyo a heart massage when Toyama rushes over to the ICU. Nomura suggests that they take her to the operating theatre but the elevator can't move due to the blackout. Ijyuuin says to open her chest on the spot and Toyama complies. Zenda also rushes over and the surgery begins. When her chest is cut open, Toyama's mistake is exposed. A visibly shaken Toyama falters. Asada finally appears at the ICU but his hand is injured.

Asada gives a flustered Toyama a pep talk. Toyama regains control of himself and proceeds with the surgery relying on the emergency electrical power supply. When the mistake is finally mended, Toyama stops once again. He is examining the heart by palpation. He had remembered Akiyo telling him of her chest pains every morning. He finds a malady that hadn't been discovered by the preoperative examination. Toyama says Akiyo's advanced age makes another surgery impossible and the members get into action. Through the hard work of each member, Toyama manages to finish the surgery without any mishap. The members are filled with a mixture of relief and joy although it was a repeat surgery due to his mistake ... Seeing these colleagues, Toyama ...

The next morning, as Shozo demands to know the reason for Toyama's repeat surgery, Toyama goes down on his knees before Shozo and Akiyo and frankly acknowledges his fault. Then Toyama tells Asada that he wants to be a member of the team even if he has to be his second or third assistant. Asada smiles as Toyama tells him that he wants to perform a surgery again with those members last night ... ...

Several days later, Akiyo leaves the hospital during Toyama's absence. However, he receives a thank you note from her. Toyama offers to teach Ijyuuin, who had missed Freshman's Live because of him. Furthermore, Toyama boldly declares war with Kataoka. However, there's a man who ridicules Toyama's change. It is Matsudaira Kotaro. Just as Toyama is about to hit him, a girl appears, calling Matsudaira "super doctor" ...

Guest innocia

Thanks for posting those episode summaries jade_frost!

I just finished watching episode 6, good to see that Tomaya changed his attitude at the end of the op.

Seems like every doctor sent there has a past.

Too bad such a great drama isn't appreciated ):

Guest Maia-chan

Well just on the net! I mean this dorama's overall rating is only second to Galileo. This is higher than the supposedly popular Yuukan Club.

Guest chubbyone

Well just on the net! I mean this dorama's overall rating is only second to Galileo. This is higher than the supposedly popular Yuukan Club.

I really like Iryu & the current Iryu 2 alot.

My current rating for this drama is 2nd to none. ;)

Guest primeget

Iryu 2 RAW

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RTBLVM0W

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=065U8XHG

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JX5YCCCC

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CHVR3JFK

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SCE198ZC

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OM8O4IG4

Guest jade_frost

Thanks for posting those episode summaries jade_frost!

I just finished watching episode 6, good to see that Tomaya changed his attitude at the end of the op.

Seems like every doctor sent there has a past.

You're welcome. Who's your favourite new character? I can't decide who. As in the original series, every member has to overcome their personal demons but Iryu 2 does differ because the characters aren't just trying to run from their past but also trying to come to terms with their identity and abilities. I guess the running theme throughout both dramas is how being part of a team uplifts a person, instilling him or her with confidence, purpose and a sense of belonging.

Is Aesthetic still being used as BGM for the Season 2??? hmm...

Yep it is being used in almost every episode.

Guest jade_frost

Ep7 Trailer Synopsis

Toyama Seiji joins Asada's team. However, anesthetist Kodaka Nanami seems to have no such intention.

At that moment, Takami Kana, a girl who calls Matsudaira Kotaro "super doctor", visits with her mother, Norie. In fact, Matsudaira had conducted a successful living donor liver transplant for mother and child some years ago. Norie who is suffering from oesophageal cancer has come to Hokuyou to seek help but ... Apparently, Noguchi had found about about Norie's liver transplant and made her transfer to Hokuyou due to the high surgical risk.

On the other hand, at Hokuyou, Norie, who has been admitted asks to be operated on as soon as possible but Matsudaira avoids surgery with radiotherapy and medication.

Noguchi meets Kataoka Kazumi at Meishin. He is unamused that Hokuyou has gained a considerable rise in popularity since Asada became a doctor there. To dispel Noguchi's displeasure, Kataoka makes Kitou Shoko receive first-rate media exposure to try to raise Meishin's reputation.

At a department meeting at Hokuyou, Asada talks about Norie's urgent surgery. A drunken Matsudaira enters. The reason why Matsudaira has avoided surgery to this extent is because ... One night, Norie throws up large amounts of blood?!

Guest stars:

Takahashi Hitomi as Norie

Kawashima Umika as Takami Kana

Guest innocia

thats great! i mean it isn't popular on soompi. its already on episode 6 and the thread has only 4 pages. Good to see that at least japanese people appreciate it :D.

i downloaded Galileo long ago but I haven't started watching :x

You're welcome. Who's your favourite new character? I can't decide who. As in the original series, every member has to overcome their personal demons but Iryu 2 does differ because the characters aren't just trying to run from their past but also trying to come to terms with their identity and abilities. I guess the running theme throughout both dramas is how being part of a team uplifts a person, instilling him or her with confidence, purpose and a sense of belonging.

Surprisingly I'm losing interest in Asada, he doesn't offer any surprises. I mean, his skills are great but thats it. Every op turned out successful but I'll like to see a twist, maybe he failed or made a mistake, but its kinda impossible right? With his skills and knowledge.

My current favourite is Ijyuuin, its great to see how he has matured from season 1 to season 2, and I'll like to see what kind of doctor he turns out to be a future, being Asada's "junior". Kodaka is very intriguing too, looks like she hasn't dared to face up and overcome her personal demons. Whats with that chocolate/coca obsession and that little girl that Arase was talking about in the previous episode? And was she one of the member of the Aesthetic team who made a mistake and caused the death of many? The same team that Arase was from? I'm guessing she is.

Hopefully the original team dragon who did bastita will get back together, they're the team i fell in love with ^^

Guest garnet_moon

I still haven't watched Season 2 as I'm waiting for the subs... Although I can understand some Japanese but I want to fully understand Iryu as it has many technical words. Asada is not my favorite character from the start. I like Ijyuiin, Arase, Kato and the head of ER.

Great!!! Aesthetic for me is one of the best BGM ever for a jdrama *____* I think that they should have used AI's upcoming song Taisetsu na Mono as Iryu's theme rather than ONE.

Guest jade_frost

Surprisingly I'm losing interest in Asada, he doesn't offer any surprises. I mean, his skills are great but thats it. Every op turned out successful but I'll like to see a twist, maybe he failed or made a mistake, but its kinda impossible right? With his skills and knowledge.

My current favourite is Ijyuuin, its great to see how he has matured from season 1 to season 2, and I'll like to see what kind of doctor he turns out to be a future, being Asada's "junior". Kodaka is very intriguing too, looks like she hasn't dared to face up and overcome her personal demons. Whats with that chocolate/coca obsession and that little girl that Arase was talking about in the previous episode? And was she one of the member of the Aesthetic team who made a mistake and caused the death of many? The same team that Arase was from? I'm guessing she is.

Hopefully the original team dragon who did bastita will get back together, they're the team i fell in love with ^^

I've never been captivated by Asada. He lacks that character complexity and charm. I'm also pretty convinced that he says more words in the operating theatre than he does outside of it given his rather aloof, quiet nature. And for those very reasons, my favourite character is Arase. But there hasn't been much of him this season since he's been made to languish at Meishin for most of the drama. There might be a change in the situation in Ep 7 from the looks of the trailer. Kodaka's background will probably unfold fully in Ep 8. In Ep 6 it was just hinted at by Arase. I'm guessing that she must have unwittingly killed some patient(s) back in the past.

The subs have been delayed but I believe it should be out sometime next week.

Guest plumangel3

i love this drama! its so good. :) i miss Kato tho. wish she could have been in the second season with everyone.

much thanks to jade frost for providing us with the summaries and previews :D i really appreciate it ^^

think iryu 2 focuses more on the formation of the new team and looking at their weaknesses and how they overcome it.... unlike the 1st season where asada gathers and trains his team. This time, all the new doctors have a special skill that when all combined makes a great new team as well. Although I have no idea what's episode 7 about... I like the fact that the new members are able to observe or catch a glimps of how asada works with his team... ie. how both arase and asada work together.... it was so cool and i hope to see more of it in the coming episodes..... I also hope that arase will transfer to asada's team. don't know why this time kito becomes bad.... ?!??! can't wait to watch this series with the subs.... will be more meaningful then...

Guest jade_frost

think iryu 2 focuses more on the formation of the new team and looking at their weaknesses and how they overcome it.... unlike the 1st season where asada gathers and trains his team. This time, all the new doctors have a special skill that when all combined makes a great new team as well. Although I have no idea what's episode 7 about... I like the fact that the new members are able to observe or catch a glimps of how asada works with his team... ie. how both arase and asada work together.... it was so cool and i hope to see more of it in the coming episodes..... I also hope that arase will transfer to asada's team. don't know why this time kito becomes bad.... ?!??! can't wait to watch this series with the subs.... will be more meaningful then...

I think Iryu 2 is a rather ambitious and grand project as it tackles several themes, the main one being the overarching theme of "team" and "money over lives" as personified by Meishin and in doing so poses numerous questions like: What it means to be a doctor? Would you and should you turn down a patient now for the "greater good" of future patients? Should hospital be allowed to choose its patients? These are rather pertinent questions as hospitals corporatise and profitability takes precedence.

There are times when Iryu 2 wallows in melodrama but the twists and turns keep me hooked and I enjoy watching the team weave their magic during the surgeries. It's still a rather ragtag bunch now but the members are all starting to pull together because they recognise each other's mettle, and draw confidence and satisfaction from being a part of a team they know they can rely on. The entire team should be assembled by Ep 9.

Ep 7 saw Arase in action (at long last!) and for that reason this is one of my favourite episodes. This surgery wasn't remarkable but I just love how

he cocked his head to one side as he stood before the entrance of the operating theatre, brushed Toyama off and got down to business. And when Kitou confronted him about sneaking off to Hokuyou, he breezily called it an observation tour and told her he much rather preferred the folks at Hokuyou compared to Team Kitou members.

Way to go! Kitou isn't bad. She's just ambitious but still has her scruples unlike Noguchi who is way beyond redemption. Even Kataoka

was played out and dumped aside. Noguchi better watch his back.

Things are heating up!

Guest laifalove

The entire team should be assembled by Ep 9.

o_O Aren't there only 11 episodes per season? That's a bit late to be assembling a team...

Thanks for the summaries though! I've been watching them in Chinese, but I needed something to supplement it in case I missed anything.

Guest jade_frost

Karte 7: Resurrected!! Super Doctor

Toyama Seiji joins Asada's team. However, anesthetist Kodaka Nanami seems to have no such intention.

At that moment, Takami Kana, a girl who calls Matsudaira Kotaro "super doctor", visits Hokuyou with her mother, Norie. In the medical department, Ijyuuin, Toyama and Nomura are mystified when they learn that mother and child wish Matsudaira to perform surgery even though he hasn't held a scalpel in years. Asada and Fujiyoshi share the same sentiments. But Fujiyoshi's research into Matsudaira's past reveals his successful live liver transplant surgery for a mother and child. The mother, Norie, had given her liver to daughter, Kana.

Norie attributes her daughter's safe development to Matsudaira and hands him a referral from Meishin University. She then tells Matsudaira that she has advanced oesophageal cancer. Norie confidently says that if the surgeon is Matsudaira, she can set her mind at ease and entrust the surgery to him but Matsudaira ... ...

At that moment, Arase is standing in an empty ward at Meishin. That ward was where Norie was undergoing medical treatment just a few days ago. Miki tells Arase that close to the surgery date, Norie was found to have a deterioration in liver function and Noguchi transferred her to Hokuyou because the surgical risk had grown significant.

In Hokuyou, Zenda says to Matsudaira, who is gazing at Norie's X-rays, that it seems like a difficult surgery. But Matsudaira doesn't reply. Norie once again hopes that he will perform the surgery. However, Matsudaira is uncertain. In fact, he drinks more than his usual volume. Asada watches Matsudaira intently.

On the other hand, Noguchi meets Kataoka Kazumi at Meishin. He is unamused that Hokuyou has gained a considerable rise in popularity since Asada became a doctor there. To dispel Noguchi's displeasure, Kataoka makes Kitou Shoko receive first-rate media exposure to try to raise Meishin's reputation.

Troubled by the weight of Norie's trust, Mastsudaira persistently attempts to avoid surgery. At a department meeting, even Asada eventually says Norie needs urgent surgery. A drunken Matsudaira enters and gets violent. However Zenda knows the reason why Matsudaira is avoiding surgery. In fact, Matsudaira was kicked out of his former hospital not because of a botched surgery but because he had performed many successful surgeries despite his youth and because of his involvement in doctoring a dissertation.

Furthermore, Matsudaira had professed to staff in the medical department that he could no longer hold a scalpel when he was forced from Meishin to Hokuyou and always operating on terminally ill patients. Asada stands in the way of Matsudaira who has demeaned himself as a "mop-up" doctor. It's "mop-up" although the patient wishes to have surgery because she has hope, Asada says as he confronts Matsudaira. Matsudaira walks off without replying.

Even so, Matsudaira's resolve isn't hardened, and he shelves Norie's surgery aside. One night, when Matsudaira is talking to Kana, a nurse informs him that Norie has thrown up a large amount of blood. Norie's cancer has already advanced to this stage. An emergency surgery is arranged but Matsudaira doesn't appear.

Asada begins the surgery while waiting for Matsudaira. However, he finds out that a tube for intubation that is necessary for the surgery isn't available due to Hokuyou's dismal facilities. They'd be able to carry on if Kodaka is around but she isn't at the hospital. Arase appears in the middle of this crisis. The surgery gets underway with his skilled management. According to Asada, it will be Matsudaira's turn when the initial stage is completed. Matsudaira is obsessing alone. However, he finally gathers his resolve, speaks to Kana who is waiting for her mother, and enters the operating theatre. The surgery progresses due to Matsudaira's arrival. He even concurrently proceeds with a complex collaboration with Asada's surgery. Both of them demonstrate their abilities and are about to make the originally intended surgery a success but ... At that moment, Matsudaira notices a change in the liver. Cancer is even attacking the liver. It wasn't detected in the preoperative examination but Matsudaira assesses that Norie has cancer of the oesophagus and liver. Norie's liver is abnormally small because it had been transplanted in Kana. It's a rather challenging surgery but Matsudaira pulls it off. After the surgery, Matsudaira firmly shakes Asada's hand. Furthermore, he promises Asada that he'll help if anything comes up.

News of the surgery's success immediately reaches Noguchi. Noguchi summons Kataoka and makes sarcastic remarks but that isn't all. He has begun looking for financing from companies other than Kataoka's. Zenda declares war, telling Noguchi that he will destroy Meishin. What is their past? Asada sees Kodaka who didn't participate in Norie's surgery. She appears despondent. What is the reason for her low spirits?

Guest garnet_moon

Thank you for the subbers for the quadruple subs release *O* Woot, I'll be having an Iryu 2 marathon. I'm excited to catch up with the discussion ^^;;

Guest jade_frost

Yep soft subs are out for Ep 1 - 4 at D-Addicts. Hard subs will be out soon!

After watching more than half of Iryu 2, I'm inclined to say that I like the original series better. Iryu 2 is a little too predictable and self-absorbed. Just count the number of "emotional" scenes calculated to tug at heartstrings. It's overplayed. I haven't found any new character endearing either.

Ep8 Trailer Synopsis

A young lad, Kuroda Tomoki comes to Hokuyou hospital as a patient. The boy's father, Kuroda Toshihiko has come to depend on Asada's skills. However, Toshihiko's expression changes when he learns that Kodaka Nanami is at Hokuyou hospital. Tomoki is actually Kodaka's son and when Tomoki was young, Kodaka was away at an emergency surgery when he underwent medical treatment for to his multiple asthma attacks. In addition, Tomoki was left partially paralysed due to the anesthetist's blunder during that treatment. He has hated his mother ever since. Naturally, Asada and the rest are requested not to let Kodaka participate in Tomoki's surgery.

At that moment, Noguchi informs Kitou Shoko that the itinerary for the site visit by members of heart transplant related society councils to Meishin university hospital has been decided. Noguchi is pleased that his dream of Meishin becoming an accredited facility is coming close to being a reality.

On the other hand, Ijyuuin loses confidence because Toyama has joined Asada's team.

At Eagles Partners, Kataoka Kazumi, who is reporting her progress, is blamed for her slow progress on the Hokuyou case by her superior.

And Tomoki's surgery begins. Kodaka is excluded and in observation room but ...

Guest stars:

Hongo Kanata as Kuroda Tomoki

Nomura Hironobu as Kuroda Toshihiko

Guest garnet_moon

Really??? Hmm.. I've only skipped episode 1 and looks like Ijyuiin got some level ups there. Well, it's not that bad that the series goes on a little bit predictable as they have created an original plot different to the manga plot. I really miss Kato Akira, as she is the original "creator" of the Team Dragon. And I'm not feeling the character of Yuki Uchida there.

But I got to praise Iryu for having one of the best drama soundtrack ever. The season 2's OST is already out and it has some remixes of some songs... Aesthetic is definitely one of the best BGM in a drama.

I highlighted some spoiler and wow Kanata Hongo is guesting on Iryu 2!!!!

Archived