[upcoming] [drama Japan 2007] Iryu 2

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ayrenyeel2

i never wanted this drama to end! its SOOOO Good! i actually finished both season in 2 and a half days! i got addicted! i reckon that there'll be season 3 it clearly hints at the last part! were asada was in america? i think.. but i really do hope so! ^^

do u think there'll be season 3?

Guest garnet_moon

^ Although I love Iryu, I don't want another season as I felt it will be going to be a rehash already. But the ending of Season 2 is hinting another season.... <_<

Guest xxkathxx

I enjoyed both seasons. If there were season 3, it'd be really neat to see Team Dragon perform bloodless surgeries [without the need of blood transfusion] and show some of the methods/necessary equipments.

The only reference to non-blood transfusion was episode 4. but that's only 'cause the patient has a rare blood type and were not able to obtain it in time. Scene: patient requests for non-blood surgery but some googoo rejects. team dragon has respect for the patients' wishes so comply. something like that.

anyway, i need a little clarification.

Uchida Yuki [Kataoka Kazumi] wanted to destroy Asada for his beliefs as a doctor. somewhere thru the series, she changed her mind seeing as how Asada has the patients interests first & reminds her of her father. i never get the feeling she wanted to destroy him anyway.

but just wondering why would she want to do that in the first place?

Guest jade_frost

^ Although I love Iryu, I don't want another season as I felt it will be going to be a rehash already. But the ending of Season 2 is hinting another season.... <_<

If there can be Gokusen 3, Iryu 3 isn't too remote a possibility. And television networks seem to love capitalising on past successes (depending on how you see it).

anyway, i need a little clarification.

Uchida Yuki [Kataoka Kazumi] wanted to destroy Asada for his beliefs as a doctor. somewhere thru the series, she changed her mind seeing as how Asada has the patients interests first & reminds her of her father. i never get the feeling she wanted to destroy him anyway.

but just wondering why would she want to do that in the first place?

If memory doesn't fail me,

Kataoka's father was compassionate and very devoted to his patients. Because of that, he didn't make much money from his clinic so the family was poor. There came a point in time when her father fell seriously ill and needed medication but couldn't afford it and there was no help they could get for his treatment. I think he eventually died from his illness. The family's poverty meant that Kataoka had to win a scholarship for further education and I feel that her background shaped her outlook of life and the career path she took. She didn't want to be poor. She probably to some extent resented her father, and for the same reason wanted to destroy Asada because she identified the same trait in him. But as she watched on, something else was awakened within her, and she started to see how much those beliefs meant to those who needed medical care and the entire medical system.

Guest xxkathxx

If there can be Gokusen 3, Iryu 3 isn't too remote a possibility. And television networks seem to love capitalising on past successes (depending on how you see it).

I'm actually looking forward to season 3.

If memory doesn't fail me,

Kataoka's father was compassionate and very devoted to his patients. Because of that, he didn't make much money from his clinic so the family was poor. There came a point in time when her father fell seriously ill and needed medication but couldn't afford it and there was no help they could get for his treatment. I think he eventually died from his illness. The family's poverty meant that Kataoka had to win a scholarship for further education and I feel that her background shaped her outlook of life and the career path she took. She didn't want to be poor. She probably to some extent resented her father, and for the same reason wanted to destroy Asada because she identified the same trait in him. But as she watched on, something else was awakened within her, and she started to see how much those beliefs meant to those who needed medical care and the entire medical system.

ahh, that sounds quite right. i agree with your sentiment.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hanjae

All HQ RAW episodes of Iryu 2! (Episodes 1-11)

have been uploaded onto the new BON clubbox!

http://clubbox.co.kr/bonchu

Please download as much as you can and

help our Clubbox turn GOLD so that files will stay forever!

Anyway, I was kind of disappointed that Miki's role was minimized in Iryu 2, because I was quite a fan of the friendship/pairing from the first season. She was the only person in the entire series who brought out the more playful, normal side of Asada's personality, and obviously the only one thick-skinned enough to keep nagging him like a mother XD It was a nice break from his quiet, unemotional front.

And as much as I've adored Iryu 1 and 2, I'm not sure how I'd feel about an Iryu 3. The original is, in most cases, the best, and it's rare that they have good sequels. Iryu 2 was good, but Iryu 3 would get seriously repetitive (I don't see how many more bloody heart surgeries they could show). Plus they'll need a new evil professor XD

ya i agree. i actually like the team in the first season more, compared w Asada's new team. Arase is also a much cooler anaesthetist but he wasnt heavily featured in Iryu 2.

if they are going to have a third season, hopefully they can show Asada failing an operation or something, and how he manages to cope.. cos doctors are human after all. so far, he has been successful in all situations and the plot does get abit repetitive sometimes. but have to say, Uchida Yuki was quite good in her role in Iryu 2 but anw, theres always a wish for Dr. Katou to come back for the next one.

Archived