[upcoming] [drama Japan 2007] Iryu 2

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest innocia

^ Really the OST is out already? (I'm a bit slow ^^). The clubbox I download from doesn't have it yet.. so I guess I'll just wait.

Yep soft subs are out for Ep 1 - 4 at D-Addicts. Hard subs will be out soon!

After watching more than half of Iryu 2, I'm inclined to say that I like the original series better. Iryu 2 is a little too predictable and self-absorbed. Just count the number of "emotional" scenes calculated to tug at heartstrings. It's overplayed. I haven't found any new character endearing either.

Thanks for providing spoilers jade_frost! Just wondering, are you living in Japan?

Hmm I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the original better :]

I finished Iryu in a matter of a few days, because the show got me so absorbed. But Iryu 2.. it just doesn't attract me as much as the original one.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest garnet_moon

It's already released in the market but I haven't seen some leaks for download.

I finished the first season for a day hahaha I was totally hooked and I watched it in one blow and multiply it by 2 because I watched it for the second time just to refresh my mind for the second season.

(the only thing that is left for me is to read the manga)

I really love how Ijyuiin's character develops as time goes on...

Guest jade_frost

^ Really the OST is out already? (I'm a bit slow ^^). The clubbox I download from doesn't have it yet.. so I guess I'll just wait.

The OST was released yesterday and contains 22 tracks.

51QjtUlw93L._SS500_.jpg

Track Listing

01:Dragon Rises

02:Blue Dragon ('07 ver.)

03:Engel und Teufel

04:Feind oder Freund

05:Intrigant

06:Entlassen

07:In The Box

08:Thick Tone

09:Spirit

10:Red Dragon ('07 ver.)

11:Aesthetic

12:Battle with silence

13:Out Balance

14:Eugel und Teufel

15:Psychological Warfare

16:Black Smile

17:Spirit

18:Spike

19:Northern Sea

20:Blue Dragon

21:One

22:Building The Church

Thanks for providing spoilers jade_frost! Just wondering, are you living in Japan?

Hmm I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the original better :]

I finished Iryu in a matter of a few days, because the show got me so absorbed. But Iryu 2.. it just doesn't attract me as much as the original one.

Nope I'm not although I wish I were living there for a while! So I don't have to keep making what feels like annual pilgrimages there! :lol:

The mood in Iryu 2 is different and they have so many characters that the character development of some are compromised. Arase, whom I absolutely enjoy watching, is sidelined but thankfully he returned for a brief moment in Ep 7. What remains to be seen is how they'll wrap up the drama after the team gets together. We will know soon. Ep 8 will be showing in an hours time.

Guest shinhaku

I saw your name as the translator for this series, jade_frost. it's just amazing that you're able to translate those medical terms. i don't even understand most of them in English XD. they speak superfast so the translation goes super fast too, before i can even read the long translation that sometimes take up half the screen, it's already wrong. don't mean that's bad for anything, i'm just amazed at your skill in translating this series. must have been hard XD

Guest garnet_moon

^ me too, I'm pretty amazed at jade_frost translation skills... How long have you studied Japanese??

The song titles kinda give me some creep as it has: Entlassen, Psychological Warfare, Battle with Silence, Black Smile ^^;;

Guest jade_frost

The medical terms were difficult, especially the surgical equipment and drugs because sometimes they seemed to be words borrowed from English or acronyms. The illnesses were easier to understand. It's a satisfying challenge to translate Iryu 2. I can't guarantee 100% accuracy, but I hope it helps those who don't understand Japanese to enjoy the drama! I learnt Japanese at a language school and with private tutor for about 3 years although in the past 2 years I've just been learning by watching dramas.

While I feel increasingly inclined towards Iryu, I actually must concede that I enjoyed Ep 8 of Iryu 2. Kodaka's story was heart wrenching. I know it's calculated to wring sympathy and explain why yet another talented individual wouldn't let herself be involved in any surgeries but it was nicely executed and counts as my favourite among the stories of the new members.

The next episode should be interesting.

Noguchi will find himself the recipient of medical treatment. I hope he gets a taste of his own medicine.

Karte 8: The Anesthetist who definitely cannot be Forgiven

A young patient comes to Hokuyou hospital. The patient's parents have come to rely on Asada's skills. Toshihiko, the father of the patient, Kuroda Tomoki, is a lawyer who deals with medical lawsuits. He says he is sensitive to surgical staff because he regrets that fact that Tomoki had once suffered hypoxic encephalopathy (brain damage from lack of oxygen) due to a mistake by an anesthetist. Fujiyoshi, who is listening to this story together with Asada, promises to give him advance notification of the staff participating in the surgery. When Toshihiko and his wife Sanae finish their story and are about to leave, they encounter Kodaka Nanami in the corridor and the expressions of Kodaka and Toshihiko change.

At that moment, Noguchi informs Kitou Shoko that the itinerary for the site visit by members of heart transplant related society councils to Meishin university hospital has been decided. Kitou wants to adjust the surgery schedule after the accreditation but the only thing in Noguchi's mind is that Meishin will become an accredited facility.

On the other hand, Ijyuuin loses confidence because Toyama has joined Asada's team. He is disheartened by Asada as well as Toyama's exceptional skills.

Toshihiko tells Asada and Fujiyoshi that he will have Tomoki consult another hospital if Kodaka is included in the surgery. When Fujiyoshi asks for the reason, Toshihiko says that Kodaka is Tomoki's mother.

Toshihiko had married Kodaka when she was still a student. Kodaka gave birth to Tomoki but her busy life as an anesthetist meant that she had no time to sleep let alone raise their child. Then Tomoki's birthday came. Kodaka, who had promised to return early, had participated in an emergency surgery and hadn't come back. Tomoki, who was waiting alone at home for Kodaka's return, had multiple asthma attacks. He was discovered by his father and sent to the hospital. Due to a blunder by that hospital's anesthetist, Tomoki lapsed into hypoxic encephalopathy, and has been partially paralysed since that incident. Tomoki has hated his mother ever since. Toshihiko says that the doctor who was in charge of Tomoki's rehabilitation is now his wife.

At Eagles Partners, Kataoka Kazumi, who is reporting her progress, is blamed for her slow progress on the Hokuyou case by her superior. Kataoka leaves irritatedly and finds Zenda Hiroki standing before her. Zenda says he will not let her destroy Hokuyou. "You will be the one sidelined if Meishin nears completion," he tells her.

Tomoki's surgery begins. As was promised, Kodaka is excluded and in the observation room. However, in the middle of the surgery, Tomoki suffers from massive bleeding. Skilled control of the blood flow is required. Kodaka is unable to stay on watching and hurries to the operating theatre. The surgery ends safely due to her participation.

Tomoki's discharge date approaches. Toshihiko expresses his gratitude to Asada. Thereupon, Asada replies that the surgery wouldn't have succeeded without Kodaka. Toshihiko permits Kodaka, who had broken the promise not to join the surgery, to go to Tomoki's ward. Thus, mother and son are reunited.

Kodaka, who has shaken off her past unhappiness, joins Asada's team. At that moment, Zenda proposes a partnership with Kataoka. And the ambitious Noguchi suddenly collapses ...

Guest garnet_moon

Wow lucky you. I have been only picking up my Japanese comprehension by watching Japanese shows though ^^;; Although I can understand some points but I'm still a subtitle dependent. Yes, Iryu is a challenging series to translate as it is highly technical. Thank you for helping us understand Iryu :D

Finally, I have finished watching Iryu 2's episodes 1-4 in marathon again. My plan was to wait for all the episodes to be subbed but I can't resist ^^

Although it can't reach the same level as Season 1 (which happens in almost all other dramas that has many seasons), I like the 2nd season so far for being more "human" than the first one especially with Asada (as he can't be a god all the time) Ijyuuin's character is really my favorite although they should have brought Arase with them. Kodaka Nanami's character has somewhat left me some curiousity. I want to see how her character will develop. The other doctor (lol I forgot his name), the alcoholic one is quite interesting too xD I want to see him in the OR!

Noguchi and Kataoka is getting on my nerves! I hope that he can get a dose of his own medicine!!!! >___>

I was quite disappointed with Kitou-sensei though *sigh*

Guest jade_frost

Ep9 Trailer Synopsis

A mother, Otobe Miwa comes to Hokuyou hospital with her 9-year-old son, Yuuta.

Asada starts to explain to Fujiyoshi and the rest of the team that Yuuta was a patient he had performed Batista surgery on two years ago. Asada had operated on Yuuta when he was working at an African NGO but Yuuta's heart function had worsened over the years. Miwa has even considered a heart transplant but that measure isn't possible because they are unable to afford the high cost of medical care. That's why they have come to rely on Asada once again.

On the other hand, Noguchi collapes in his office at Meishin university hospital. Kihara Takehiko notices something amiss and gives him first aid treatment. Kihara suspects it is angina and is about to inform Kitou Shoko but Noguchi intercepts him. Until the site visit by the related heart transplant society councils is a success, Noguchi doesn't want Kitou and the rest to know about his illness.

Fujiyoshi calls out to Kataoka Kazumi, who saw Miwa leave Hokuyou. Hearing about Yuuta's illness, Kataoka asks how this will be dealt with. Fujiyoshi replies that they would like to gamble on the glimmer of hope but have no choice but to give it up because there's no possibility of a transplant.

Noguchi is in poor health. He mutters that there's only one doctor in this world who can save him, and goes to Hokuyou to beg for Zenda's mercy. The next day, Zenda tells Asada and the rest that Noguchi desires treatment at Hokuyou. At those words, the every member of the new team ... and Asada's reply is ...

Guest stars:

Nagano Satomi as Otobe Miwa

Tanaka Ouga as Yuuta

Guest jade_frost

Karte 9: Remaining 2 months!! Miraculous surgery

A mother, Otobe Miwa comes to Hokuyou hospital with her 9-year-old son, Yuuta. Asada starts to explain to Fujiyoshi, Kodaka, Matsudaira and the rest of the team that Yuuta was a patient he had performed Batista surgery on two years ago.

Yuuta is the son of one of the Japan Overseas Cooperation Volunteers whom Asada met while working at an African NGO. He suffered from severe dilated cardiomyopathy and Asada had operated on him in the field because there were no other options. However, his heart function had worsened over the years. Miwa and her husband even considered a heart transplant but that measure wasn't possible because they were unable to afford the high cost of medical care. Her husband eventually died from overwork. That's why they have come to rely on Asada once again. For some reason, Ijyuuin is absent from this meeting ...

On the other hand, Noguchi clutches his chest and collapes in his office at Meishin university hospital. Kihara Takehiko, who has come to his office, notices something amiss and gives him first aid treatment. Kihara learns that Noguchi has nitro ready, and suspects it to be angina. He is about to inform Kitou Shoko but Noguchi intercepts him. Noguchi doesn't want Kitou and the rest to know about his illness until the site visit by the heart transplant related society councils just 5 days away, is a sucess.

Yuuta has two months given his present condition. Furthermore, child heart transplants are difficult in Japan. Miwa leaves the hospital helplessly at Asada and Fujiyoshi's explanation. Fujiyoshi calls out to Kataoka Kazumi, who sees Miwa walk away. Hearing about Yuuta's illness, Kataoka inquires how they will deal with it. Fujiyoshi replies that they would like to gamble on the mere 1% of hope but have no choice but give it up because there's no possibility of a transplant.

That night, Asada notices Ijyuuin practising surgery alone in the courtyard. Ijyuuin, who feels impatience at the rawness of his skills, was silently practising during the meeting on Yuuta's condition. Before Asada can call out to Ijyuuin, Matsudaira talks to Ijyuuin. Ijyuuin is struggling to acquire skills like Asada's and Toyama's but he seems out of their league. Matsudaira encouragingly tells Ijyuuin that there's a special job that can only be done by him and that he's already been doing it.

Noguchi is in poor health. Kitou, who has been visiting Noguchi's office frequently, also notices his poor condition. Taking sides with Noguchi, Kihara lies that he has a cold. However, when Kitou leaves, Kihara advices Noguchi to get her opinion. Even so, Noguchi refuses medical examination and treatment. If Kitou learns about his illness, she will take over his position. Noguchi, who is insistent on risking his life for the success of the site visit, mutters that there's only one doctor in this world who can save him.

And the hospital Noguchi visits is Hokuyou. In fact, the director of Hokuyou was Noguchi's contemporary during their student days. Noguchi begs Zenda, whom he had parted ways with, for mercy as his tears flow. The next day, Zenda tells Asada and the rest that Noguchi desires treatment at Hokuyou. Furthermore, he has designated Asada as the only surgeon able to perform surgery so that he'll be back on his feet before the site visit.

Toyama and the rest oppose the surgery but Asada agrees to it simply because Noguchi is a patient in need of help. Kataoka, who learns about this, states her terms to Noguchi. First, Yuuta's surgery will be done at Meishin if Noguchi's surgery succeeds. Additionally, Asada and the rest of the team will go over and remain at Meishin after that surgery. Second, the financing agreement Noguchi is working on with Goldberg will return to Eagle Partners. Noguchi has no choice but to agree.

Noguchi's surgery begins at last. It is a challenging surgery given the need to consider his early comeback after the surgery. However, Asada and the rest of the team pull together and start the difficult surgery. In the midst of this flurry of activity is Ijyuuin who is keenly aware of the limits of his technique. However, Ijyuuin has come to terms with it at Matsudaira's encouragement and is no longer brooding with worry. And they make the surgery a success through outstanding teamwork.

According to his wishes, Noguchi returns on the day of the site visit and succeeds in getting Meishin recognised as a heart transplant facility. However, he doesn't keep his promise to Kataoka. Unaware of that, Asada and the rest come to Meishin together with Yuuta. Saving the boy's life is their only consideration ...

Guest jade_frost

Ep10 Trailer Synopsis

Noguchi succeeds in getting Meishin accredited as a heart transplant facility because of Asada's surgery. However, he disregards the plan Kataoka Kazumi had suggested as the terms of exchange for his surgery. He dissolves his business relationship with Kataoka. Furthermore, if Otobe Yuuta's surgery succeeds, the acceptance of Asada and the other team members in Meishin will be a convenient explanation for himself ...

Kitou Shoko's first heart transplant patient after the heart transplant facility accreditation is a VIP, chairman Yamano. On the other hand, Asada gathers the team and conducts a meeting on Yuuta's condition. However, the 9-year-old Yuuta's turn for a heart transplant is extremely low compared to Kitou's patient.

The next day, Asada orders Ijyuuin to join Kitou's team. He persuades Ijyuuin to learn from Kitou's heart transplant surgeries to prepare for Yuuta's surgery.

That night, Yuuta develops liver cirrhosis. Asasda announces that they'll perform a liver transplant from a living donor, Yuuta's mother. Asada promises Yuuta, who seems discouraged by his illness, that he'll definitely be cured.

The day for Yuuta's living donor liver transplant comes. Meishin receives a telephone call. A donor has been found for Kitou's patient, chairman Yamano. At Kitou's order, Ijyuuin sets off to get the heart. Asada and the rest go into Yuuta's live organ transplant surgery although they know of this. Kitou's preparation for chairman Yamano's heart surgery is also progressing steadily but ...

Guest stars:

Tanaka Ouga as Yuuta

Guest jade_frost

Karte 10: All-out War!! The Fateful Heart Transplant

Asada's surgery on Noguchi is a success and Noguchi gets Meishin accredited as a heart transplant facility. However, he disregards the plan Kataoka Kazumi had suggested as the terms of exchange for his surgery. He dissolves his business relationship with Kataoka. Furthermore, if Otobe Yuuta's surgery succeeds, the acceptance of Asada and the other team members in Meishin ...

There are two high-calibre heart surgery teams due to the temporary return of Asada and the rest to Meishin. Kitou Shoko's team is to operate on its first heart transplant patient since the heart transplant facility accreditation. Because Kitou's patient, Yamano Fumihiko is a VIP, he is placed high on the heart transplant waiting list, ready to be operated upon once a donor heart is found.

Meanwhile, Asada gathers the team and holds a meeting on Yuuta's condition. Old Team Dragon members, Arase and Miki are formidable members who have joined Fujiyoshi, Ijyuuin, Kodaka, Matsudaira, Toyama, and Nomura. However, the 9-year-old Yuuta's turn for a heart transplant is extremely low compared to Kitou's patient. Even so, Asada doesn't give up hope. He urges the members to undergo thorough training to prepare for the surgery.

Asada orders Ijyuuin to join Kitou's team one day. He persuades Ijyuuin, who cannot hide his disgruntlement, to learn from Kitou's heart transplant surgery to prepare for Yuuta's surgery because hers will be conducted first.

Noguchi cannot restrain his laughter when he learns that Ijyuuin has joined Team Kitou. Noguchi says Asada can tell that Yuuta will die before a suitable heart is found. Therefore, he is leaving the young Ijyuuin in Kitou's care before it is too late, with the intention of letting Ijyuuin remain at Meishin. Hearing this, Kihara retorts without thinking.

One night, Miki comes to the ward to find Yuuta in pain. He is immediately taken to the ICU, and diagnosed as having liver cirrhosis. Asasda announces to the assembled members that a living donor liver transplant will be performed. He says Yuuta will receive a liver transplant from his mother so that he can recover his liver function in order to wait for a donor heart. Matsudaira, who is performing the liver transplant, goes along with this thought and resolves to keep Yuuta's liver going. Asada promises Yuuta, who seems discouraged by his illness, that he'll definitely be cured.

The day for Yuuta's living donor liver transplant comes. Meishin receives a telephone call. A donor has been found for Kitou's patient, Yamano. At Kitou's order, Ijyuuin sets off to get the heart. Asada and the rest go into Yuuta's live organ transplant surgery although they know of this. Team Kitou's preparation for the heart transplant surgery also progresses steadily.

The live liver transplant surgery and the heart transplant surgery start around the same time. Matsudaira first removes a portion of liver from Yuuta's mother. On the other hand, Kitou cuts open up Yamano's chest while waiting for the donor heart. However, Yamano's condition changes abruptly, and the heart transplant becomes impossible. Without an alternative, Kitou determines that the donor heart is no longer required and contacts the organ transplant network. Ijyuuin, who is unaware of the developments, is on the way back to Meishin with the donor heart.

Kihara comes running to the observation room where Asada and the rest are watching Matsudaira's surgery. Yuuta's donor heart has been found. It is actually the heart that had been allocated to Kitou's patient. However the organ transplant network decided that Yuuta is the most suitable because Ijyuuin is already headed for Meishin and there's a priority for organ transplant. But Yuuta is already undergoing the live liver transplant surgery. Regulations prohibit heart surgery for patients with liver disorders. Moreover, it will be extremely difficult to implant an adult's donor heart in Yuuta, who is merely a child.

Despite this, Asada declares concurrent transplant surgeries of the liver and heart. Kataoka takes action in order to keep Noguchi ignorant of this surgery. Asada, Fujiyoshi and Toyama prepare for the heart transplant. They are unaware that at that moment, the vehicle that is carrying Ijyuuin to the airport has been brought to a standstill ...

Guest jade_frost

Ep11 Trailer Synopsis

The donor heart is assigned to Asada's 9-year-old patient, Otobe Yuuta, because Kitou's team had given up on a heart transplant surgery for chairman Yamano Fumihiko. Matsudaira is performing a live liver transplant surgery on Yuuta but Asada decides to conduct a heart transplant concurrently.

The surgery begins. Arase says this team is the strongest. It will be a very difficult surgery with an adult donor heart being implanted into Yuuta in addition to a live liver transplant at the same time. Furthermore, when Yuuta's chest is cut open, it is determined the synechia is more than they had hypothesised, but Asada unflappably proceeds with the surgery.

Word of the surgery performed by Asada and the rest captures the attention of the medical staff at Meishin. As the doctors seethe, a man appears at Meishin. It is Kirishima Gunji.

In the observation room, Kataoka Kazumi is telling Fujiyoshi how she came to be involved in foreign investment when the internal phone in the operating theatre rings. Arase picks up the phone and is stunned. He says Ijyuuin, who had gone to pick up the donor heart, is stranded. Kataoka, who hears this ...

Guest stars:

Tanaka Ouga as Yuuta

Nakamura Makoto as Yamano Fumihiko

Guest jade_frost

Karte 11: Fateful 4 Hours!! Last Surgery

The donor heart is assigned to Asada's 9-year-old patient, Otobe Yuuta, because Kitou's team had given up on a heart transplant surgery for chairman Yamano Fumihiko. Matsudaira is performing a live liver transplant surgery on Yuuta but Asada decides to conduct a heart transplant concurrently.

The surgery begins. Arase says this team is the strongest. It will be a very difficult surgery with an adult donor heart being implanted into Yuuta in addition to a live liver transplant at the same time. Furthermore, when Yuuta's chest is cut open, it is determined the synechia is more than they had hypothesised, but Asada unflappably proceeds with the surgery.

Word of the surgery performed by Asada and the rest captures the attention of the medical staff at Meishin. As the doctors are in an uproar, a man appears at Meishin. It is Kirishima Gunji.

In the observation room above, Kataoka Kazumi is telling Fujiyoshi how she came to be involved in the foreign investment fund when the internal phone in the operating theatre rings. Arase picks up the phone and is stunned. He says Ijyuuin, who had gone to pick up the donor heart, is stranded. Kataoka, who hears this, arranges for a helicopter to pick Ijyuuin up.

Just as Ijyuuin, who is stranded in the woods, is assailed with a sense of despair, the helicopter Kataoka had requested appears. He manages to get the donor heart to the hospital on time but the synechiotomy isn't finished. Asada suddenly announces its completion and changes the surgical procedure due to the small extent of the synechiotomy. However, Kirishima shows up at the observation room and tells Fujiyoshi that the odds of success for this surgical procedure is extremely low.

Meanwhile, Noguchi, who is at a party, finally learns about the surgery that Asada and the rest are performing from one of his subordinates. He orders it stopped immediately but is prevented from doing so by Kataoka, who has arrived at the party. The heart transplant will be a failure if it is stopped in this manner but if the simultaneous transplants of the heart and liver by Asada's team is a success, it will be the first of its kind in Japan, Kataoka says. Hearing this, Noguchi is pacified.

Despite Kirishima's misgivings, Asada's team proceeds with the surgery with quick precision. Their collaboration also merits Kirishima's envy. The surgery is at last completed but ... as all present feel a sense of relief, the electrocardiogram's alarm rings. The donor heart displays ventricular tachycardia because the surgery overlong. Even the electroshocks delivered doesn't revive the heart. Then Asada quietly wraps his hand around the heart to palpate it. He tells the rest to begin further surgery on the donor heart, and immediately makes an incision. The medical staff hold their breaths at a development that no longer seems reckless to them. But that worry is unnecessary. The sutured heart once again starts beating perfectly.

The surgery's success is also communicated to Noguchi who is greeting the crowd at the party venue with a look of pride. Noguchi is about to tell all those present as if it were his own affair but ... the footage being projected behind him are reports on his scandal. Zenda and Kataoka say their farewells to a flustered Noguchi. Their joint effort has resulted in Noguchi's ouster.

After Asada and Ijyuuin finish transporting Yuuta to the ICU, they meet Kitou, who is accompanying Yamano's stretcher. Yamano survived because of the next generation artificial heart Kirishima had brought. Kitou and Kirishima have saved the life of a patient with their hands.

In Noguchi's room some days later, Kataoka tells Zenda about the complete change in the management policy. Meishin will become a general hospital to put its economies of scale to use, and Zenda's Hokuyou will continue to offer community healthcare.

A Christmas party is held at the reborn Meishin. After that, Ijyuuin and the rest work hard in their respective fields but Asada has travelled abroad because there are patients there ...

Archived