Title (romaji): Iryu Team Medical Dragon

Also known as: Iryu ~Team Medical Dragon~ / Team Medical Dragon

Genre: Medical

Broadcast network: Fuji TV

Episodes: 11

Broadcast period: 2007-Oct to 2007-Dec

Air time: Thursday 22:00

Synopsis

Season 2 will deal with problems in hospital management, particularly in the departments of obstetrics and gynecology, and pediatrics. It will also tackle issues in the medical facilities in rural areas. Uchida Yuki will join the cast and she will play the role of a medical journalist.

Cast

Sakaguchi Kenji as Asada Ryuutarou

Koike Teppei as Ijyuuin Noboru

Sasaki Kuranosuke as Fujiyoshi Keishi

Kitamura Kazuki as Kirima Gunji

Abe Sadao as Arase Monji

Mizukawa Asami as Satohara Miki

Kishibe Ittoku as Noguchi Keno

Natsuki Mari as Kito Shoko

Ikeda Tetsuhiro as Kihara Takehiko

Uchida Yuki as Kataoka Kazumi

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hauwulli

AHHHH, are you serious? DANG< I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IRYU!!!!! ^_^ I can't wait!

this is great news! I learned so much from the first one, and I loved the overall storyline and acting..and especially the amazing soundtrack!! =)

Guest jade_frost

Iryu2.jpg

Official Website: http://wwwz.fujitv.co.jp/iryu2/index2.html

Introduction from the Official Website:

In Iryu 2, Asada Ryutaro wages a new battle against the realities of Japan's medical care system.

The government has drafted legislation to tackle the recent inflation of medical fees; hospitals have entered an era in which they will go bankrupt if they aren't independently run. At the same time, hospital mergers and takeovers are also taking place.

Additionally, the obstetrics and pediatrics departments are being closed in succession, and there are inadequate doctors in the region - issues that are closely related to these hospital management problems. Now, hospitals, like the average corporation, face collapse if they are not profitable.

The first episode will be a 2.5 hour special with Ryo and Tanaka Minoru as guest stars.

Guest Maia-chan

One of the best medical dramas EVER! Iryu 1 is totally DA BOMB (and Sakaguchi is damn hot!)...can't wait for Iryu 2! FYI, Teppei was wimpy and whiny in Iryu 1 though he redeemed himself in the end. Hopefully his character will improve to be more likable.

Guest irienad

wow

this is great

i love the 1st season. this drama seems to be under-rated

but it's fine as long as i found it's interesting. maybe there aren't a lot of people like this kind of genre

Guest jade_frost

definitely looking forward to this.

just unfortunate Katou-sensei is not there anymore. nonetheless, most of the original actors have been retained.

I think Inamori Izumi will be appearing as Kato-sensei. I saw her name listed as a guest star from ep2 right to the last episode in the Japanese drama wiki though that remains to be seen.

Guest Maia-chan

wow

this is great

i love the 1st season. this drama seems to be under-rated

but it's fine as long as i found it's interesting. maybe there aren't a lot of people like this kind of genre

Under-rated maybe, but this drama is consistent in rating and actually won BEST DORAMA award that season, ahead of the boring Kurosagi.

Guest moonie_heejunnie

whoot are you serious! i didn't know there was going to be a sequel for iryu. can't wait for the episodes in october.

thanks for the info!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LIL_5tar_87

omg..i love this drama..so glad they have iryu 2!! at first i watched it for teppei, but the more i watch..the story is so good and intense

Guest jade_frost

R&B singer Ai will sing the theme song for Iryu 2 backed by a group of six gospel singers. Titled "One", the ballad goes on sale on 7 November. She also sang the theme song, "Believe", for Iryu's first season.

cover_125.jpg

Guest jade_frost

Iryu2pressconference.jpg

From left to right: Abe Sadayo, Otsuka Nene, Koike Teppei, Sakaguchi Kenji, Uchida Yuki, Sasaki Kuranosuke, Mizukawa Asami

The press conference for Iryu Team Medical Dragon 2, the sequel to the drama that made waves when broadcast last April, was held in Tokyo today, graced by a star-studded main cast that included Sakaguchi Kenji, Uchida Yuki, Koike Teppei, Abe Sadayo, Mizukawa Asami, Otsuka Nene, Sasaki Kuranosuke.

Sakaguchi stars as the genius heart surgeon, Asada Ryutaro. The first series illustrated Asada's struggle against an authoritarian university hospital, and the successful Batista operation - a highly difficult heart surgery - his "Team Dragon" pulled off. This work unfolds around the theme "lives vs money" and sees the addition of new member(s) to the reunited team.

Sakaguchi, who reprises his role as Asada after a one and a half year break says, "I can do this sequel because fans said they want to see Iryu again. I'm grateful for it. Asada tends to be the sort who conceals his feelings but in this sequel we want to show a little human touch and kindness." When asked for the highlight of the drama Sakaguchi confidently replied, "It's still the operation scenes. There'll be an expert to give medical guidance just like in the earlier series so it'll be handled perfectly." The sense of speed in the operation scenes in the drama are achieved through exclusive scripts, detailed explanations from experts, and countless rehearsals to go through the motions of performing a surgical operation, before the actual scene is finally shot. In part 1, an hour long operation scene took 10 days and required a considerable degree of concentration and endurance.

On the other hand, Uchida Yuki, who stars as medical journalist Kataoka Kazumi, enthusiastically says, "I'm honoured to act in this production because I'm a fan of the previous series. My character is a smart woman with depth and I would like to portray that." Otsuka Nene, who will play an anesthetist, also professes to be a fan of Iryu. "It's a high quality drama that resonates with people's hearts."

Iryu 2 starts on 11 October.

Links to other photos from the press conference: http://mainichi.jp/enta/mantan/graph/manga/20071001/

Guest sparkled_silver

the main girl in the first season is not in it? the one that becomes has to write her essay and then got promoted in the end?!?

Archived