2007 Sm Entertainment Global Audition(la)

Guest m1ckyy_yoochun

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest icecube.

Wait so if you make the first you go to JangTuh and then perform in front

of a crowd with [MR] going La La La La La~ & etc.? Right? IF I

make 1st audition...I don't think I can make second...TT____TT I suck at

singing with [MR]..one more question..can someone post up the e-mail

address for the place to send in the application and the application form..??

Sorry (=

Guest BeatOfAzia

So when we get there... are any soompi members gonna meet up? I wouldn't mind makin some friends and auditioning at the same time... plus we can all be nervous together XD

Guest love=music=life

Ahhh 2 weeks left and I still havn't chosen a song!! I have too many in mind...

I still havn't sent in my application either because I need to type out my experience list...

I only have it written down on paper...

Do you know if they want it in detail because if they do mine will be about 2.5 pages typed -____-

and I'm guessing that's too much...

Guest BeatOfAzia

wow 2.5 pages!?? O_O

u must be krazy experienced...

these two weeks are going by so slow...

I so want to do the audition RIGHT NOW!! lol

Guest love=music=life

To clear up the answer about whether or not you can audition for more than one category...

I emailed SM about that and their reply was

"Here is the answer. yes you can."

SO...

YES, You can audition for more than one thing

I'm sure that the number of people at the audition does make a difference though...

Guest AhleesOhn<3JJ

^dang you're applications is2.5 pages typed?!?! i thought they only ask a couple basic questions when you email them! what??

i really want to try out but i dont know if i can get a ride there. places still haven't been announced yet right? ggrrr!

if i want to tryout for singing and acting...do we stay in the room and do both right after one another?

if so.....anyone have a good monologue they would like to share that i could learn? :D

Guest love=music=life

Yea I decided to extremely simplify my experience list to the MAIN ones.. which make my application a LOT shorter ^^

So how's everyone's practicing going along?

Guest m1ckyy_yoochun

Wait so if you make the first you go to JangTuh and then perform in front

of a crowd with [MR] going La La La La La~ & etc.? Right? IF I

make 1st audition...I don't think I can make second...TT____TT I suck at

singing with [MR]..one more question..can someone post up the e-mail

address for the place to send in the application and the application form..??

Sorry (=

the email address is

2007SM@smtown.com

go to smtown.com for more detail on what to put for the application. it also has the email address there too^^

So when we get there... are any soompi members gonna meet up? I wouldn't mind makin some friends and auditioning at the same time... plus we can all be nervous together XD

Yea.. so far, there are 2 or 3 soompiers who's going to meet up with me. PM me if you wanna meet up^^

Ahhh 2 weeks left and I still havn't chosen a song!! I have too many in mind...

I still havn't sent in my application either because I need to type out my experience list...

I only have it written down on paper...

Do you know if they want it in detail because if they do mine will be about 2.5 pages typed -____-

and I'm guessing that's too much...

I don't think you should make it that detailed cause you're gonna fill out an application on that day and the space for experience isn't that big... just make it into bullet points. like facts you know.

If you guys wanna meet up, PM me for confirmation and I'll post up the ID names on the first post. Tell me if you don't want it to be seen. Then I'll just keep in mind to PM you later on where and when to meet up.^^ but it's goin gto be around 5PM, when we meet up, cause alot of us hav shcool^^

Guest AhleesOhn<3JJ

^agreed

i would love to meet up....but i have absolutely no idea where in los angeles it is. have they released places yet? it's 2 weeks away! they better release places. grr frustrating. because i need to know so i can figure out if i can go or not.

Guest m1ckyy_yoochun

I have just added the people for the SM audition meet up list. Please PM me if you want to be on it or if I forgot somebody><

Thanks!

Guest toomuchsmiling

IF you pass the first round of the audition, then you go on to the second round. The second round for last year was a performance on stage at Jangtuh. It's a Korean Festival held every year just in case you guys don't know^^ YOu guys either dance or sing on stage with a mic and MR while the judges are sitting in the front row, scoring you. They want to see how you do on stage in a real performance. There they will announce the winners. 4, 3, 2, 1 place. I"m not sure if it's going to be the same. If you win, then you go to Korea, become a trainee and stay there. You discuss the rest with the SM staff.

just great. a freakin' STAGE!!! good thing i'm not auditioning!!! bwa ha ha!! I want to though. a lot of people say that you never know until you try but I have no courage whatsoever. =__=;;; i could try acting! i'm not good at singing and i can't dance to save my life. but i think i'd be good at acting! :D

m1ckyy_yoochun you've auditioned, it seems? what did the judges tell you last year?

I've seen to many American Idol episodes, so no way would I try out if it's like that. =_=

Guest moomoocows

I am not auditioning, well at least not in the near future, but i have a lot of questions. (curiousity :rolleyes: ) Anyways if you were to model and made it the first round do you still show up at the krn festival to model there too? or is the festival just for singing and dancing?

If you do acting, you find your own script, how long does it have to be? Can it be it be a part from some k- or c-drama that I would translate to eng?

Someone above asked if this was an annual thing or not. From what I know a girl from my school (you guys may know her as tiffany from girl's generation) auditioned in 2004. And I know it happened last yr too. Does anyone know if it will continue? I certainly don't want to miss the opportunity, not to get in but as an experience. For now, I still don't got the talent nor courage to do so.

And what does MR stand for?

I know the requirement doesn't restrict age, but isn't too late when you are like 20+. I am gonna be 18 soon and I think they wouldn't want me unless I was super super good.

I do have other questions, but my mind just went blank. Thanks!

Guest iNNOCENT*
IF you pass the first round of the audition, then you go on to the second round. The second round for last year was a performance on stage at Jangtuh. It's a Korean Festival held every year just in case you guys don't know^^ YOu guys either dance or sing on stage with a mic and MR while the judges are sitting in the front row, scoring you. They want to see how you do on stage in a real performance. There they will announce the winners. 4, 3, 2, 1 place. I"m not sure if it's going to be the same. If you win, then you go to Korea, become a trainee and stay there. You discuss the rest with the SM staff.

not everyone has to perform at jangtuh

a friend of mine went to watch the audition and one of the judges saw him and told him to audtion.

they called him back to radisson hotel, which is in ktown and had another round of auditions there.

he told me they look at almost EVERYTHING. they were checking how skinny he was, told him to lift up his hair, and etc.

he didn't make it past the second round though : p

i was surprised though since he's pretty good looking and he looks like one of those pretty guys that SM looks for.

Guest love=music=life
I am not auditioning, well at least not in the near future, but i have a lot of questions. (curiousity :rolleyes: ) Anyways if you were to model and made it the first round do you still show up at the krn festival to model there too? or is the festival just for singing and dancing?

If you do acting, you find your own script, how long does it have to be? Can it be it be a part from some k- or c-drama that I would translate to eng?

Someone above asked if this was an annual thing or not. From what I know a girl from my school (you guys may know her as tiffany from girl's generation) auditioned in 2004. And I know it happened last yr too. Does anyone know if it will continue? I certainly don't want to miss the opportunity, not to get in but as an experience. For now, I still don't got the talent nor courage to do so.

And what does MR stand for?

I know the requirement doesn't restrict age, but isn't too late when you are like 20+. I am gonna be 18 soon and I think they wouldn't want me unless I was super super good.

I do have other questions, but my mind just went blank. Thanks!

I'll try to answer as many of your questions to the best of my ability...

- For acting, yes you have to find your own script and I don't think you have to translate it.

If you look at the videos of last year's auditions, there were people who acted in english, korean and japanese so I don't think it matters.

- MR means instrumental, I think... Basically you have to sing acappella

- Regarding age, they never really say that there is a limit but to some extent I think that prefer younger people just because they could train you for a longer period of time. Also, most korean artists are 16-18 when they debut in groups. BUT, solo artists (except BoA) tend to debut later.

I just turned 19 in August so I know that I'm not necessarily the ideal age but.. might as well give it a show before I get TOO old haha

Also, you could see how several SuJu members are older than the typical idol group age group.

Archived