2007 Sm Entertainment Global Audition(la)

Guest m1ckyy_yoochun

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Baby.doll

^Sing as long as you want (not really but sing ur whole song...) and they might even ask u to sing a second too...

no u can speak ur own language...for me its English..(even though i'm chinese :rolleyes: ) n_n

Guest MangoJuice

^Sing as long as you want (not really but sing ur whole song...) and they might even ask u to sing a second too...

no u can speak ur own language...for me its English..(even though i'm chinese :rolleyes: ) n_n

umm! *raises hand?* lol i'm not from L.A. but i guess i wanted to add something.. :D you cannot sing your whole song. they will stop you. before you actually go in to audition, they'll ask you to either start singing in the chorus part or where the climax of the song is, where it's all interesting or the bridge (does that makes sense? lol). Because they don't have time to listen to you sing for 3 minutes. if there were 400 people auditioning and they make each and everyone of them sing for 3 minutes.. uh No. that's loco right there lol. they don't got the time. they don't want to make time either lol. so a tip would be to start singing where your voice really shines so that you can show off your best! =]

and they do ask you to sing a second song for whatever reason they want, but not the whole song :D

ciao bella

Guest Baby.doll

umm! *raises hand?* lol i'm not from L.A. but i guess i wanted to add something.. :D you cannot sing your whole song. they will stop you. before you actually go in to audition, they'll ask you to either start singing in the chorus part or where the climax of the song is, where it's all interesting or the bridge (does that makes sense? lol). Because they don't have time to listen to you sing for 3 minutes. if there were 400 people auditioning and they make each and everyone of them sing for 3 minutes.. uh No. that's loco right there lol. they don't got the time. they don't want to make time either lol. so a tip would be to start singing where your voice really shines so that you can show off your best! =]

and they do ask you to sing a second song for whatever reason they want, but not the whole song :D

ciao bella

Ahaha yea!! lol my big fat mistake :P

yea...they'll stop u...but i dun want them ta stop meh^o^(ahaha)

Guest love=music=life

i will probably be going to the LA Audition but I might go to the Orange County one depending...

Thanks for all the info though.

I can't decide what to audition for!

I want to audition for everything maybe except modeling (even though I'm 5'10")

because I enjoy singing, dancing, AND acting!

But then I don't have time to fully prepare all three...

I need to consult my friends about this haha

Did you apply online before going to the audition?

Does applying online give you a earlier time for the audition?

Because I assume that they ask for less from the auditioners as the day goes on since they mioght end up short on time...

Guest crazypilovee

love=music=life: omgosh u're tall!! =] i think.. if you're not confident enough w/ ur singing/dancing/acting, like if u don't think it'll BLOW them away, u should sign up for modeling. cuz if they like ur figure and make u a model.. they might just wanna give u dancing/singing/acting lessons :)

is there an O.C. thread? haha i'm from there! i won't be auditioning though.. i don't wanna be embarrased and laughed at and criticized (picturing simon cowell from american idol hahaha). but my friend really wants to...

Guest m1ckyy_yoochun

For the above questions,

you sing for about 30 seconds. THe best part to sing is the climax, but if you don't have the confident, then sing the chorus part. They'll let you sing for 30 seconds. If you're really good, they'll let you sing until the whole chorus part ends (which means it's gonna be over 30 seconds.

Best thing to do is sing a song for 30 seconds , time yourself. ANd have another song ready.

YOu can introduce yourself in whatever language you can speak. but they perfer if you say it in your own language.

the location will be annouced when the time comes on smtown.com

i will probably be going to the LA Audition but I might go to the Orange County one depending...

Thanks for all the info though.

I can't decide what to audition for!

I want to audition for everything maybe except modeling (even though I'm 5'10")

because I enjoy singing, dancing, AND acting!

But then I don't have time to fully prepare all three...

I need to consult my friends about this haha

Did you apply online before going to the audition?

Does applying online give you a earlier time for the audition?

Because I assume that they ask for less from the auditioners as the day goes on since they mioght end up short on time...

I did apply online first,, but it doesn't matter because last year, IDID, AND one of my friends didn't, but she was able to go in the same time as me.. so i don't think it matters.. but I suggest that you do apply online.. just incase^^

hope this answers your questions!!

Guest KuYA II

when you audition do you have to go both days? cuz i think i saw two days or something...or can you go to one of those days?

im so nervous. im going to the la one. yesterday my friend and i were so happy to find out my school is closed on one of the audition days! ahh. thank God<3 im so nervous. but is it really that bad to sing an sm song? like timeless or why? cuhs those are the 2 songs that show off my vocals best.

Guest BeatOfAzia

^ I dont think its bad to sing an SM song... Im thinking that its just dangerous to because if you sing similar to the original artist, it might sound worse to them because they are use to hearing all the pro artists from SM.

But if you are Perfectly comfortable with an SM song... I don't see why you shouldn't sing what you really want to. You might be able to sing it very naturally compared to other songs since you like SM songs. =)

Guest m1ckyy_yoochun

im so nervous. im going to the la one. yesterday my friend and i were so happy to find out my school is closed on one of the audition days! ahh. thank God<3 im so nervous. but is it really that bad to sing an sm song? like timeless or why? cuhs those are the 2 songs that show off my vocals best.

haha.. that's good to hear.. I htink I'mma miss a day of school.. or go after..^^

it's not that bad to sing an SM song, but it's not recommended because since SM are a pro at their songs, they know it right off the bat, even a little mistake you know.. so it could be a disadvantage for you... but if you're really good and have 100% confidence, then go for it!!^^

and there were a few, quite alot from last year who sang timeless or why.

Guest e ; c h o .

Hello!!!<3 Well I made a thread for the SM Global Audition in LA last year.. so I thought I'd make one for this year too!^^

3 soompiers met up last year.^^ I hope there will be more this year. It was really fun and exciting. So don't be shy! ;)

Here's what happened last year. (I'm not sure if it's going to be different or not though)

When we arrived there we get a application(2) and fill everything in. When done we would hand it to one of the staff in charge of collecting it and they would give us our number. We would wait in the waiting room until they call our number. (For exampe, number 10-20) We would go in to a second waiting room, and wait until the other auditioners that are auditioning are done. We would go in in a group of 5. Inside, we would stand by a tape and the judges tell us to say our name and our number. After, we begin with whatever we signed up for. When all five of us finished, we would go out of the room. (When I went there, we didn't have a rythmn test so I don't know how it's going to be for this year)

** how many application you fill out means how many judges there going to be(kinda obvious><) **

haha.. well that's how it went last year. I hope this relaxes those who are already nervous.!

Well feel free to ask any questions here concerning the audition and I'll try to answer everything I can that I know or hear of. and if you guys wanna meet up.

You can PM me too!<3

then....

GOOD LUCK TO THOSE WHO ARE AUDITIONING!!!~

HWAITING!!~~

You said how many applications you fill means how many judges there will be. Really? I never knew? So if you fill only one applications your only going to jugded by one? Do you really have to go with a group of 5? I would get really nervous? Can there be 1 on 1 audtions?

If anyone is going to LA for singing PM me. Its my first time.....

Guest xjoshywah

shane is that you??

anyways lol, im auditioning but im stuck on which song to sing... arghh...

Guest HJM_co

is this years audition going to be same as last years? like they did auditions for SM entertainment and also auditions for jang tuh. so basically 2 auditions..

Guest anglsweet935

For the above questions,

you sing for about 30 seconds. THe best part to sing is the climax, but if you don't have the confident, then sing the chorus part. They'll let you sing for 30 seconds. If you're really good, they'll let you sing until the whole chorus part ends (which means it's gonna be over 30 seconds.

Best thing to do is sing a song for 30 seconds , time yourself. ANd have another song ready.

YOu can introduce yourself in whatever language you can speak. but they perfer if you say it in your own language.

the location will be annouced when the time comes on smtown.com

I did apply online first,, but it doesn't matter because last year, IDID, AND one of my friends didn't, but she was able to go in the same time as me.. so i don't think it matters.. but I suggest that you do apply online.. just incase^^

hope this answers your questions!!

Ummm when should I apply online because I dont see any dates for the Global audition this year.

BTW if your like Japanese but u sing a korean song,will that be weird.Even though u dont understand the language?What do they prefer u to sing?

Guest m1ckyy_yoochun

You said how many applications you fill means how many judges there will be. Really? I never knew? So if you fill only one applications your only going to jugded by one? Do you really have to go with a group of 5? I would get really nervous? Can there be 1 on 1 audtions?

If anyone is going to LA for singing PM me. Its my first time.....

Well that's how it was for last year. We filled out 2 applications and there were two judges. That was just my opinion. And there probably going to be more then one judge for global auditions cause it's pretty big and has variety of languages.

is this years audition going to be same as last years? like they did auditions for SM entertainment and also auditions for jang tuh. so basically 2 auditions..

Probably, cause it's right before the date for Jangtuh. I think they are going to have the same method, cause they want to see how well you do on stage with the actual audience. I'm not 100% sure on this though.

Ummm when should I apply online because I dont see any dates for the Global audition this year.

BTW if your like Japanese but u sing a korean song,will that be weird.Even though u dont understand the language?What do they prefer u to sing?

YOu should apply ASAP. The dates for the auditions are out on there site.

www.smtown.com

No it won't be weird cause it shows that you are really trying but you should have confidence, and the feeling towards the song when your singing. Like if you're gonna sing a Korean song, know what that song means. If it's easier to sing a japanese. song,sing a japanese. song.

^^

Guest e ; c h o .

Well that's how it was for last year. We filled out 2 applications and there were two judges. That was just my opinion. And there probably going to be more then one judge for global auditions cause it's pretty big and has variety of languages.

if you pass the first audtion what happens? do u go to like may have to fly to korea and go to the 2nd stage?

Archived